Aldertree Institute for the Magically Distressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Love
Reactions: Justin
If this is still accepting, I'd love to join! I'd probably do either a character who teleports every time they sneeze or turns into an animal every time they get scared/nervous. :]

If this is still accepting, I'd love to join! I'd probably do either a character who teleports every time they sneeze or turns into an animal every time they get scared/nervous. :]
I... hate to be that person, but I kinda already asked for my character to have teleportation? I mean, as long as the GM doesn't mind us having the same ability I don't mind either. But, yeah, just thought I'd let you know. I'm sorry.

I... hate to be that person, but I kinda already asked for my character to have teleportation? I mean, as long as the GM doesn't mind us having the same ability I don't mind either. But, yeah, just thought I'd let you know. I'm sorry.
Oh okay, that's cool.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brea
animal one is funny, my guy would try to scare your char all the time just for to see them change xD

I'm pretty sure Vaila would have no issue with double kinds of abilities/curses. As long as they had some different traits , effects and such so that every curse stood out in their own way among everyone. Also they will be ranked at levels for how dangerous they are so you could play around with that of course. ^^

I always have my characters emotions tied with their power and the such. So atmokenisis should be unpredictable

I'm in. Would it be okay for me to make a female, with the ability of teleportation? @Vaila
Teleportation works as long as you remember that it has to have a downside, like not being able to control it... I'm having flashes of the (newer) Star Trek where Scotty gets accidentally beamed into a tank of water at the mere thought of it.

I'm pretty sure Vaila would have no issue with double kinds of abilities/curses. As long as they had some different traits , effects and such so that every curse stood out in their own way among everyone. Also they will be ranked at levels for how dangerous they are so you could play around with that of course. ^^
Ok... I'm fine with double abilities just so long as you find a way to make them different.... however it might be a little difficult with that particular ability since it's limited on the kind of downsides you can have.

However, I really hope you go with the animal thing @Thingtastic it sounds really good! Of course there's nothing stopping you from having more than one character so... the choice would be up to you. @Shayla is right.

As for my character.... I'm torn between something like turning into a mermaid whenever they touch water, or something more physical. I feel like we have a lot of 'mental' curses with all the different kinds of kinesis so I'm going to go for a physical one...

Anyway, I think because of the amount of interest we've had I'm going to start and set up a thread for sign-ups! That doesn't mean that this is closed, because I'm probably going to leave it open for anyone to join so if you know someone who you think will like this kind of thing then invite them to come and take a look!

In regards to the types of powers, I think it would be handy if maybe you spoke to me first so we can set up a class (grade) for your power? So if you have it somewhat thought out then send me a message.... I may post a small description sheet with the CS instead though and then grade them afterwards when I move the CS' to the Cast List....

Oh but be warned.... my character sheets can be a little... descriptive.

If any of you have any suggestions or questions, continue to let me know.

Glad you liked it!! That power would be tricky.... Would it be projecting illusions into others minds, or would it be onto say... air? For example, if it were to be photographed, would it be in the photograph or just in the photographer's head?

The thing you would have to think about is that this is supposed to be a curse.... So there has to be a downside to it.

Maybe he/she projects whenever they think of something graphic.... like kissing someone or his/her fears...? Maybe it's hard for him/her to make it look like anything more than something see-through? Maybe it causes him/her a lot of pain to do it?
I don't really know. I was thinking once she had it under control, she would decide to trick someone's sense of smell, and they would smell a random scent that they like or dislike. (That's a bad example) But basically, I was thinking she could only trick one person at a time. So it wouldn't show up in a photograph, it would be in a specific person's mind. Plus she wouldn't be able to design a specific illusion.

Teleportation works as long as you remember that it has to have a downside, like not being able to control it... I'm having flashes of the (newer) Star Trek where Scotty gets accidentally beamed into a tank of water at the mere thought of it.
OH yeah, I know there has to be downsides. I was thinking that whenever she gets scared she just started teleporting around the immediate are with no control. And she'd have to be able to visualize the place She wants to teleport. I dunno, still a work in progress, won't be set in stone until I actually create the character. But, it will have downsides, don't worry.

Just a quick update. The RP thread is mostly up, but as I write it and think about the powers you guys picked... I realised that in order for this to work the way I have planned you need to come up with a reason for WHY your character was cursed with a curse that had that kind of effect. What did your character do to deserve being cursed?

Also there are a LOT of kinesis powers... so if you have picked one of those 'powers' be warned that I will rage on you all if you turn this into an elemental rp xD I wrote into the first brief on this interest check, that if you have that kind of power you would never be able to control the thing it controls. So for fire, you wouldn't be able to control the fire itself just when it comes on. It would be the same for everything.... I'm just reitterating, to double check that ya'll understand so I don't get annoyed people later xD

Another note... I'm including some standard humans without powers as the medical staff. If anyone wants to grab one then do let me know. I'm allowing everyone to have two or three characters each if they want to take on more, so the choice is yours.

Currently the only one I have created is Dr. James Mayhew, who is open for anyone to rp if they'd like... it was just necessary to create someone... you'll understand when you see the thread xD

• Useful
Reactions: Brea
I don't really know. I was thinking once she had it under control, she would decide to trick someone's sense of smell, and they would smell a random scent that they like or dislike. (That's a bad example) But basically, I was thinking she could only trick one person at a time. So it wouldn't show up in a photograph, it would be in a specific person's mind. Plus she wouldn't be able to design a specific illusion.
Just a quick update. The RP thread is mostly up, but as I write it and think about the powers you guys picked... I realised that in order for this to work the way I have planned you need to come up with a reason for WHY your character was cursed with a curse that had that kind of effect. What did your character do to deserve being cursed?

Also there are a LOT of kinesis powers... so if you have picked one of those 'powers' be warned that I will rage on you all if you turn this into an elemental rp xD I wrote into the first brief on this interest check, that if you have that kind of power you would never be able to control the thing it controls. So for fire, you wouldn't be able to control the fire itself just when it comes on. It would be the same for everything.... I'm just reitterating, to double check that ya'll understand so I don't get annoyed people later xD

Another note... I'm including some standard humans without powers as the medical staff. If anyone wants to grab one then do let me know. I'm allowing everyone to have two or three characters each if they want to take on more, so the choice is yours.

Currently the only one I have created is Dr. James Mayhew, who is open for anyone to rp if they'd like... it was just necessary to create someone... you'll understand when you see the thread xD
How many characters can I make? I'd be willing to make two more other than my illusion girl that had some more physical powers.

How many characters can I make? I'd be willing to make two more other than my illusion girl that had some more physical powers.
You can all make as many as you want to, all I ask is that if they're just human with no curse then you let me know. Oh and don't give yourself too many characters otherwise they can sometimes be a little patchy. I didn't put a limit on the number of characters, though when you see the character sheet you may only want to make one XD

I'll probably do three cursed and one regular staff.

Reactions: Vaila
since the last time this was attempted failed miserably (a case of new GM syndrome), I'd be happy to try it again

since the last time this was attempted failed miserably (a case of new GM syndrome), I'd be happy to try it again
Go right ahead! I'm hoping it will work.... Still trying to figure out the mechanics of how it will work.

Just going to throw out my curse which is Immortality/Absorb in which my girl was cursed with agelessness which forced her to watch all she loved die and the witch that did so didn't want to let her off so easily.. If she touches someone she drains them of their life force.. Must wear gloves and such all the time.

If allowed to also do a mentor , it will be of Chaos/Blood.. If she grew to angered , hurt , worried or upset it would begin a field of protection or in other's eye chaos would break loose with destruction and would also have through it the once uncontrollable ability to manipulate and control people with her or their blood being unable to stop herself.
I dunno if you watch Doctor Who, but there's a character on the newest season named Me/Ashildr, who made a good point about this sort of curse. Infinite lifespan coupled with a finite memory leads to interesting changes to morality and ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.