Aldertree Institute for the Magically Distressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure! I didn't put a limit on the number of characters so anyone's welcome!
In that case, I would absolutely love to join, please. This is incredibly interesting. I have a question though; can my curse be of time? As in, imagine a witch cursed my character to have an absolute, unchanging death, and that death was of being stabbed with a dagger in the eye (kinda brutal, but it gets my point across of being specific). However, the witch never specified when the death would happen, other than it being completely and totally unchangeable. Would that be a viable curse? Does the institute only accept physical curses like weather manipulation and stuff or do they accept cases dealing with the mentality of the patient?

Reactions: Brea
In that case, I would absolutely love to join, please. This is incredibly interesting. I have a question though; can my curse be of time? As in, imagine a witch cursed my character to have an absolute, unchanging death, and that death was of being stabbed with a dagger in the eye (kinda brutal, but it gets my point across of being specific). However, the witch never specified when the death would happen, other than it being completely and totally unchangeable. Would that be a viable curse? Does the institute only accept physical curses like weather manipulation and stuff or do they accept cases dealing with the mentality of the patient?
I'm actually really pleased you decided to choose that curse! I feel like we have a lot of those kinds of curses, and I'm hoping some others might choose more mental or physical curses. Ones that don't really affect anything around them. I love the idea of your character's impending death curse!

But you'll have to have a few close calls just for fun ;)

Reactions: Brea
But you'll have to have a few close calls just for fun ;)
Deal! Awesome, so excited for this. I'll get my character sheet up in a while (perhaps a few days or so, I want to make a good character, of course).

What things should our CS contain by the way?

I'm looking forward to a standard CS so I can start importing my character from the last time i did a character like this
The CS is up, and it's pretty big so be warned its a lot of details, which is nice

Yeah I love big time cses lol, but mines will be like sunday or something.

The CS is up, and it's pretty big so be warned its a lot of details, which is nice
apparently I missed that bit....I'll be putting mine together after dinner then. I love a good long CS though, really helps to flesh out your character.

Where is it ? It 4 am here, but I really should not be this blind.
I think page 2 or three has the sign up link, and that's where the CS is

I know XD

I also might make my curse a little different, because we have a lot of kenisis type of curses.

Maybe like hearing people's thoughts

Reactions: Vaila
Well when I look more at it a lot of it can just be thrown together:3 That makes it not so frightening

I've got four options that I can't decide on, and could use some opinions on.

• Barrier warrior type - able to create and shape barriers that can be used offensively (like, say, shaping the barrier into a weapon), or defensively by creating, well, shields. the downside being that the barriers affect his body and give him a sort of mystically-induced neuropathy (inability to feel pain or the sensation of touch.)
  • Multiple Man - uncontrollably divides into multiple copies of himself when exposed to a specific trigger. Possible downsides include: mental instability, physical weakness, possibly a change in size (since his mass is splitting)
  • Audible Pain - able to induce pain in others in relation to the level of noise he produces; for instance, stomping his foot on the ground is akin to the pain of a moderate headache, while screaming at the top of his lungs is like getting hit in the face with a brick, attached to Mike Tyson's fist. Downside is that he's as vulnerable to the pain as anyone else.
  • Sacrificial Healer - able to take the injuries of others onto himself, including life-threatening wounds like losing a limb, and able to regenerate injuries to himself. Downside: he still feels all the pain associated with the wound, as well as the healing process, and the stress of it can prove to be fatal if he's pushed too far. Possibly a drug addiction to cope with the pain

I've got four options that I can't decide on, and could use some opinions on.

• Barrier warrior type - able to create and shape barriers that can be used offensively (like, say, shaping the barrier into a weapon), or defensively by creating, well, shields. the downside being that the barriers affect his body and give him a sort of mystically-induced neuropathy (inability to feel pain or the sensation of touch.)
  • Multiple Man - uncontrollably divides into multiple copies of himself when exposed to a specific trigger. Possible downsides include: mental instability, physical weakness, possibly a change in size (since his mass is splitting)
  • Audible Pain - able to induce pain in others in relation to the level of noise he produces; for instance, stomping his foot on the ground is akin to the pain of a moderate headache, while screaming at the top of his lungs is like getting hit in the face with a brick, attached to Mike Tyson's fist. Downside is that he's as vulnerable to the pain as anyone else.
  • Sacrificial Healer - able to take the injuries of others onto himself, including life-threatening wounds like losing a limb, and able to regenerate injuries to himself. Downside: he still feels all the pain associated with the wound, as well as the healing process, and the stress of it can prove to be fatal if he's pushed too far. Possibly a drug addiction to cope with the pain
Multiple Men seems fun to me. My char will want to find that trigger XD

Multiple Men seems fun to me. My char will want to find that trigger XD
THe sad thing is that I don't even have a clue what the trigger would be. I was thinking at first for it to be kinetic energy, but that seems too much like a ripoff of Jamie Madrox

THe sad thing is that I don't even have a clue what the trigger would be. I was thinking at first for it to be kinetic energy, but that seems too much like a ripoff of Jamie Madrox
rofl, his trigger being Kinetic energy and my char has Telekinesis xD, he could basically trigger it rofl, but yeah could be something more creative like maybe... umm when he's get angry? Or something like that emotional base, those are always fun with power connect to emotions.

rofl, his trigger being Kinetic energy and my char has Telekinesis xD, he could basically trigger it rofl, but yeah could be something more creative like maybe... umm when he's get angry? Or something like that emotional base, those are always fun with power connect to emotions.
i was actually thinking something like pain; get a paper cut? there's a clone. Get hit in the dick by a baseball? 4 clones. Smacked in the head with a bat? 20 clones. that way it's still something uncontrollable (and if you wanna get esoteric with it, it could include emotional pain), without having to be an expy

i was actually thinking something like pain; get a paper cut? there's a clone. Get hit in the dick by a baseball? 4 clones. Smacked in the head with a bat? 20 clones. that way it's still something uncontrollable (and if you wanna get esoteric with it, it could include emotional pain), without having to be an expy
Get hit in dick like 10 clones xD

I've fallen for this; hook, line, and sinker. Signups still open?

Status
Not open for further replies.