AGAINST THE WORLD

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The others had soon arrived after Seshiru had hugged me almost to unconsciousness. The room spun around me and leered at me. I still couldn't get up. My regeneration had halted as I hadn't eaten enough. I was still out of Mana too. I couldn't form crutches to walk so all I could do was sit on the bench on a train and ask,

"Does anybody have something to eat?"

At this point the original passengers could take no more. A tall man wearing a wifebeater and baggy jeans stood up pointed at us and began shouting.

"THAT'S IT! You freaks have been bargin' in here like ya own the place! Ya know what? I don' think so. I'm gonna go talk ta the train conductor and get all yer asses arrested!!"

Crap if he does that then well have to fight! If we try and stop him the passengers might get violent!

Seshiru blinked, "Ah-!" she then proceeded to pop open the little holster she had strapped to her back-hip and pulled out a small round loaf of bread. "Food desu!" she smiled, giving it to Anyu before latching onto his arm as soon as the passanger approached.

And the man didn't seem like the kind to take pity on children either.

Still balled up and missing most of the flesh on his upper body, his lower jaw now reformed, and the muscle and tendon crawling across his face like worms through dirt as they took hold of the skull, Steve stood up, the hole in his left pectoral area revealing bone, part of his left lung and his grey heart beating heavily. His body now reformed enough for him to revert to human form in order to allow his Lycan form to heal, letting ouch a choking growling noise Steve began to convulse as his bones fragmented and his newly regained segments of fur began to fall off in clumps, his entire bone structure reforming in a blink of an eye.

In a matter of seconds, the towering werewolf was forced into human form by his body and with this the now pretty much naked Steve turned toward the offending man.

"I'm going to need those pants."

and with this he cold cocked the disgruntled man in the jaw.

"Ladies, gentlemen, creatures of unknown, nonexistent and incomprehensible genders. There is nothing to fear, we are just passing by after being attacked by a Fucking Wendigo. And I just got blown the fuck up, sent to hell, then revived on fire so if you have an issue or complaint to file sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up, your pissed off, i'm pissed off, and I'm on the verge of cannibalism!"

Pulling the zipper up on the pants Steve pivoted around, grabbing half of the bread loaf from Ayun and cramming it in his mouth before patting Seshiru on the head and sitting down in an unused handicapped chair, half of his face still partially skeletal and steam beginning to ebb off of him from his body cooling back to normal. His expression serious but his eyes glazed and tired with the look of someone on the verge of falling asleep.

I blinked with mild surprise....Oh yeah Steve had resurrected...after being blown up...and then he took half my bread. I started laughing but then became serious and said,

"It's good to have you back Steve."

I ripped apart the bread and then remembering the manners of this land I said,

"Thank you for the bread, Seshiru."

The now pantsless man who had threatened us was beyond rage. he looked ready to explode. However, his survival instinct won out and he sat back in his seat. I retrieved my backpack from under the bench I was sitting on. Great, I had lost my knife and I was out of mana. All I had was some useless paper money and some rare gems and precious metals. I was beyond useless.

"So....do you think we escaped it?"

Xeloc sighed as he leaned backwards, in an awfully tired way. "It better be. I'm getting f*cking tired of all this crap. It's as if we can't even have 10 minutes normal. I mean...We got chased from the restaurant, attack by a kraken afterwards, entered a burning city, got chased by the cops, and now t-" And nearly at the end of his sentence, he got cut of by the shaking of the train, in an unuasually broad mannar, which got followed up by a screeching roaring noise from somewhere close. It came closer, just as the tapping noise on the roofs. With his fist worn, he smashed his hand against the couch. "I'VE HAD IT WITH THAT GUY." He growled, unexpectecally loud, as he jumped up from his seat and opened the nearby window, climbing himself up on the train, in a rather acrobatic way. Xeloc stared him in the eyes as the wendigo who looked down, suddenly looked up. His collar destroyed, he only managed to roar and screech, as he recognised. Xeloc swallowed nervously, untill suddenly, he lost his footwork, as the train shook even more, and the passanger started to scream and panic.

Logan tried to grab the kid but he was too swift to be caught by the still slightly dazed Logan. He hang himself out of the window, about to follow after the sly boy, but soon noticed something funny. Comotion started behind him as the train suddenly shook again. Logan pointed at the train tracks. "The train tracks are leaving the train! Don't leave us, tracks. Please?" His prayers were not awnsered, but instead his question was by a voice from on top of the train, yelling. "F*CK!"

"Come back here kid!"

The slightly dazed man smacked his forehead in disbelief as the train suffered another tremble.

"It appears that the train in nearing the state of being derailed?"

"No sh*t gramps!"

"Give me a sec to ponder about something....."

"What do you mean ponder?!" Xeloc snapped as the Wendigo approached him, hungry as ever- the train filled with humans ready for it's horrible mouth.

"Gramps?!"

"Hm....."

"Shi-"

"Just about..... here?" Logan pulled the trigger after pointing at the train roof, the Wendigo was sent flying back as bullets pierced it's jaw.

"Wow! How did you know it was there?!"

"I don't know, luck of the Irish?"

"You idiot! What if I got hit?!"

"Cool it kid, I got you" Logan got out of the train and into the stairs that led into the roof, he pointed his rifle and smirked.

"Logan used Eye Drops!"

"What?! Eye Drops?!"

Vyse was still recovering from his rage induced high, when suddenly, something hit the side of the train derailing it. It was most likely the Wendigo, but he couldn't think that well as the train cars were creating a large piercing screeching noise that distracted him. Sparks flew outside the train as the train slowly turned on it's side.

"Da-" was all Vyse could manage before the train flew off the track. He saw Xeloc jump out the open window and out in the open, where the Wendigo could get him. As the train stood there on it's side, he tried looking for a way out. If he followed suit with Xeloc, it would leave him wide open for an attack by the Wendigo. This definitely wasn't good, but he could leave Xeloc out there by himself.

He had to follow him. He got under the open window and jumped up to grab for a handhold, exerting his strength to pull himself up. Vyse finally peaked his head out the window, not climbing as fast as Xeloc because of his lack of agility and knowledge of parkour. Nevertheless he was out, and standing on the side of the train. He looked around for Xeloc and found him where he thought he would, staring down a roaring Wendigo.

"Droplet! Move!" The Wendigo had made a charge at him as Vyse had, following suit, drew his cutlasses and charged as well.

I was thrown from my seat and lay sprawled on the floor. The humans had erupted into half frozen, half panicked state. I pushed myself off the ground and swooned as I slowly regained the ability to walk. The shaking of the train didn't help much with the steadying but I managed anyway.
Logan was firing at the Wendigo and Xeloc was...acting as bait? Vyse had come on top of the train too and was charging towards the monstrosity, cutlasses against claws.
I made my way to the pantless man, who had wet himself at the sight of the monster. From the smell, he wasn't the only one. I shook him and shouted over the Wendigo's hunger pained roars and the screaming wind.

"Hey moron! If there ever was a time to go get a train conductor, it'd be now!"

He refused to respond instead, eyes lit with terror he cowered in his seat. I had to resist the urge to do the same. I crouched at the opening of the window but turned to focus on Steve. With as much false bravado and bluster as I could manage I said.

"Steve, I would like to invite you to a Wendigo ass kicking."

Without waiting or even hoping for a response I swung up and over the window and rolled onto the roof of the long, metallic snake. The wind bit and tore at my newly healed flesh. I reached into my backpack and pulled out the largest, sharpest diamond I could find, which was about six inches in length.

I stared at it as if waiting for it to tell me how I had got here. Then I looked up at the Wendigo and stared at it with the same question. Finally, I looked around at my tribe and cracked a smile.

"Oh yeah. I ran into you guys."

I ran forward to join Vyse in battle against the Wendigo.

"Oniichan~! Minna~!" Seshiru ran to the window of the train, peeking her head out to try and get a view at the battle above. She looked around and gasped.

Being a ninja meant surpassing the eyesight of an eagle. Which meant that although it was about 50 miles away, there was a tunnel coming up as they travelled further and further away from the station. The train was going pretty fast as well, which didn't leave a lot of time or distance. The tunnel was closing in fast.

"Uhmh...uhm...!" Seshiru panicked, running to the door and prying it open, jumping onto the next car even as the train shook. "Waaah! Mister! Mister stop train!"

She was going to get the conductor alright, and headed up, further into the train.

None of them had planned anything out, but it was like a well oiled machine: They all seemed to know what to do.

Xeloc sighed and took a deep breath as he took a strong pose, one familiar in martial arts, and clutched 2 fists as if he was trying to break his hands that way. Still concentrating on his breathing, he saw how nervously the wendigo got towards him, much like Vyse did. Xeloc looked at Vyse with a most determined look and nodded softly, adding the words "Comming your way." Softly. Vyse's expression changed from a deep worry, to highly concentrated face, as he stopped.

Xeloc waited a little bit more, untill the wendigo had placed itself before him completely and was ready to lash out towards him, untill suddenly a shot could be heard and smoke could be seen from the tip of Logan's gun. 2 more bullets were fired by him, each piercing the 'head' of the wendigo at an amazing speed. Logan laughed in the background, sarcastically adding the words "Lucky Logan, Shoots faster than his own shadow!"

The wendigo seemed to be interupted by this as his attacks had seized, and within that one second, his gaurd had been lowered. And suddenly, Xeloc pushed hismelf of, as if a bullet himself, at an amazing speed, as one of his feest slowly moved closer and closer at the Wendigo's body.

Iron Fist used!
High amount of damage dealt to the wendigo!
Required energy gained from: Rage at Wendigo and Logan being annoying.

Slowly his fist pierced into his body untill it could no further press itself down into the wendigo's body whereupon the energy of the blow got changed into kinetic energy and he started pushing the wendigo. Including the speed and the wind resistance of the train, the hit enable Xeloc to get the wendigo to lose all sense of balance and fly it's way down a bit further back on the train, towards Vyse, who was standing ready there, as the body of the wendigo flew his way. His hands clutched the cutlasses tightly, as he widened his legs to get more grip, and prepared. The wendigo made an impact with Vyse's cutlasses, as Vyse held them before him and nearly got pushed off of his feet, but regained, and instead made giant cuts ínto it's body. Slowly, he started moving the cutlasses upwards in a uppercut motion, pushing the wendigo over him, throwing the thing in the air once more, but higher this time.

Vyse patted Anyun's shoulder and told him "Your turn." As the almost left out Anyun stood near him and nodded, looking back at the wendigo. Using Anyun's free hand, he tried to grasp as much water as he could around him. Having read the book earlier in the library, he had figured new ways to obtain so, and with the amount of wind passing them, he was able to gather quiet a good amount of water vapor, and turn it into an threatening ice spear, which he threw at the monster in the air, hitting it once more, before it started making it's descend.

"Bullseye!" Xeloc said happy as they all seemed qeuite sure about the situation. That was, before the mutulated, speared, shot, cut Wendigo smacked itself against a few cabin's further, finding himself rolling further away, untill his 'hand' clawed themself agains the cabin, making him stay on the train, rather than roll or fall off.

I collapsed onto my knees. I still didn't have that much mana and even creating a simple ice spear was almost too much. I got up again and managed to stay standing. I didn't want to disappoint my tribe. Still, I was gathering more mana. Soon, this effect should go away as long as I let it replenish. Last time, I had fought the Wendigo ast the point of my mana and began drawing on my reserves.

I tried forming an ice spear and unlike last time, I succeeded without collapsing. I held the spear outwards pointing at the Wendigo. Waiting for it to regenerate.

However, it rolled away and made it's way onto the train.

"SHIT!"

This probably wouldn't be the best time to try a new technique but it was all I could think of. I cooled the metal of the train underneath my feet, until it turned a dark color and and started to stream wisps of cold air. Then I stomped my foot into the metal and it shattered into fragments causing me to fall through into the cabin.

The Wendigo was already tearing it's way into the cabin.

"Uh, guys? I think I'm going to need some help in here!"

"Uh-?!" Seshiru fell as the car she was in shook more violently than she was used to.

Loud roars and grunts come from somewhere behind, but they were getting close, and so was the tunnel. Everyone was still up there!!

"Mngh-!" She got up onto her feet and ran again, towards the front of the train, where her mentor Yuudi had told her was the 'brain' of the train.

But she stopped, looking back once people started screaming. Some were thrown against the walls of the train, some stomped under heavy hoofed feet. And a small baby was picked up between massive claws fingers and held over a gaping, hungry mouth. Seshiru's eyes widened instantly, and flashed that bright yellow.

"Not on my watch you low-level haunt." she chuckled low, turning and launching herself upward with those trained legs, grabbing the child, and kicking downward on the Wendigo's snout. "HAH!"

The girl landed, a scream alerting her that the baby's mother was nearby and looking around to spot her in the wreckage of benches, and ceiling wood. She quickly made her way over and handed the woman the baby.

"Do try not to fucking lose her this time, you dumb bitch." she frowned. "You're lucky I was here."

But she couldn't tease the woman for long, a sudden jab from the claws arm, sending her flying a little ways, before she reacted and flipped herself onto her hand, digging into the train floor, skidding herself to a stop using nothing but the strenght f her am.

"Ooooh...you wanna play?" she giggled evilly.

The Wendigo rushed into the train at a tremendous speed, despite it's bulk, which fit quite snugly into the train. I tried to form a spear of ice, which was the only technique I could use at the state I was in, but failed, the molecules dispersing into water and then steam. It picked up a child and almost grace like, the child descended into the gullet of the Wendigo.

Fortunately, Seshiru was there to pick up the slack. She moved forward fast and brutally. She was moving so fast my eyes could hardly keep up, I could only imagine what the humans were seeing.

Seshiru had stopped to talk to the baby's mother and was unaware of the Wendigo's attack. It didn't seem to phase her either way.

I had gathered enough mana. Time to implement the new move I had learned. I directed my energy towards the floor beneath the Wendigo. I slowed the atoms around and inside the floor. Until it actually started to release vapor. Finally, I reversed the effect causing the atoms to speed up and virtually disintegrating the floor, causing the Wendingo to fall part way through.

"FLASH FREEZE!!!"

"......well, this is a bother indeed. Fuck." she tried to straighten up, to find that her hand, which had been touching the floor had now frozen to some of the boards at the edges. "Ahahaha...I have gotten slow, I suppose...fucking ice..."

It would be troublesome to have her fingers ripped off if she were to pull back full-force. Her relaxed face with the wide grin looked at the ice-weilder. Her head not moving as her body came down from it's summersault-like position from the Wendigo's hit, her neck turning from keeping her head in place to smile, cracking noises heard.

"It's been a loooong time since I've seen a northen tribesman. How ARE they doing, child?" she asked, arm shaking with sudden force as she wrenched the board off the floor instead of ripping her hand away, smashing it on the Wendigo's head to get free. "Hmph."

Crap! I had accidentally frozen Seshiru's and to the floor. Of course, it didn't take long for her to work around hat in this malicious form. She appeared to be asking me about my Inuit neighbors. Asking how they were doing.

I said almost apologetically, "I wouldn't know. I haven't been in Nunavut for almost 55 years." And then using my increasing mana, which seemed to grow and expand in fights. I returned the metal to the state it had previously been before being cooled by me.This caused Seshiru's hand to be released from the suction of the metal floorboard.

Then, I formed two Ice spears. One I threw between the Wendigo's eyes, not that it had much effect. The other I lengthened till it was almost my size.

I ran forward to stand beside Seshiru and plunge my Long Ice Spear into the chest of the Wendigo. My muscles uncoiled as I pushed forward trying to drive the Wendigo backward. Through panted breaths I asked Seshiru, "You *heh* *heh* Okay"

"Ask yourself that first, child." she half-taunted, half commanded. "As for this thing, I don't think it'll stay like this for long. Come, we shall regroup. It's the smart thing to do."

With that, she grabbed him, just as the Wendigo let out a bellowing howl of pain and anger, making a swipe at the both of them. Now would've been a good time for some back-up, if they were that lucky.

"Okay, the kid is back to crazy mode?" he saw the civilians dash off for their lives, without warning- a claw shredded the roof above him, Logan ducked and rolled across the wrecked train.

"How do we stop this thing?!"

"I don't know! It's a never ending fight! We can't win against this..... this- thing!" Logan fired 2 more shots at the cursed figure as it approached Zeloc.

The horrible Wendigo shifted it's attention to Logan.

"That's right you ugly SOB! Over here!"

Seshiru had pulled me aside from the fight. I was tiring from the battle already. My limbs were fatigued and my muscles were screaming in agony. That's when I saw it. The train had derailed and I could see that we had come out of the tunnel from the sunlight streaming from the tears in the roof. Above us on an overpass, traffic was slowed do to some construction on the road. A cement mixer had pulled to the side and there were flashing lights urging everybody to take another route. My sortof brilliant idea came to light.

"Logan, Seshiru or who ever! Above us is a cement mixer. If we can draw the beast out and on the trains roof, I can pour cement onto it and you can remove the head! If we do that it probably won't regrow it."

I was hoping they heard me. I leapt through the tear in the roof and scrambled towards one of the pillars supporting the road. I formed two ice spikes in my hands and leapt. I dug them into the pillar and began climbing up, ignoring the sceams that leapt from my tired body. I made it to the top and my ice spikes turned to water. I fell onto the road and lay they for several seconds, breathing rapidly.

"No...time for...this."

I pushed myself up and stumbled to the cement truck. I got in and tried out the pedals. The first one I pushed went forward. The other one went back. I reversed the truck towards the edge, right above the train.

That's when two of the workers noticed me. They ran forward, outraged screams permitted through the enclosed deathtrap. I leapt out of the truck after freezing the pedals to the floor and ran to the cement carrier. The construction workers faced me and were talking of calling the police. One reached for his walkie talkie. I formed an Ice Spear and impaled it. The other one got frightened and in his fear, he swung at me. I was unable to dodge as darkness overtook my eyes. My nose dripped with blood as I stumbled backwards into the metal of the truck.

I shouted as loud as I could hoping the others would hear me.

"GUYS! GET THE WENDIGO BELOW THE TRUCK!"

I drew what was left of my mana and shoved the spike into the side of the truck. I caused it to grow outward in different directions forming a sea urchin shape. The truck cement carier exploded and most of the cement flew below. I only hoped they had gotten the Wendigo into position.

Seshiru tilted her head slowly, watching with amused and yet bored eyes as Anyu made his way towards the truck, his plan already very obvious to her. But of course, it was always more fun to watch. As the white-haired male took a hit to the face from nothing but an ordinary human, she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Children. Always doing as they please." she chuckled a little. "Alright. I've had enough as well."

She made her way back to the enraged monster and grabbed what she could, heaving with a grunt as she lifted it above herself.

"Get the fuck out of the way, Logan!" she yelled before turning around and around and around and around and around some more, the Wendigo being put into perpetual motion from her movement, arms swinging wildly in the wind, unable to do more than scream. "This is going to hurt my back for sure." she said.

Finally, she let go, launching the Wendigo right at Anyu's direction. The massive bulk of the beast cause the two workers to take notice of it and lose interest in Anyu altogether, fleeing the scene as it collided with the earth, sliding to a halt. It stopped just all-too-perfectly beneath the cement truck as the mixture exploded, compliments to Anyu's fine work, covering it, though not completely, but well enough.

Seshiru clapped her hands against each other to rid them of any foul filth she may have let get on them in grabbing the beast. "Never expect any less than perfection from a demon, I always say."

Now it was time to get rid of this thing for good. She looked down the length of the ruined train, trying to catch sight of any of her 'companions'.

Xeloc got out of the train in a quick swift motion, not shortly after the explosion. He looked up at the bridge above him and nodded doubtfully. "I-I....guess that works too. All we need to do now is to sever the head....anyone offers to do so?" He said, not even sure if anyone was around to hear this /fantastic/ joke. His feet were all in the cement that had blown itself all over the place, and the smell of smoke and despair was around. And the sound...of a demon. "It's funny how I'm not even 'that' suprised by the fact that a little girl suddenly is a demon." Great sarcasm could be heard in his voice, though he did speak nothing but the truth."By the way, Seishiru, no matter what you say, but you still are a kid too." He spoke again, but this time looking at the Wendigo who seemed to have got a new pair of clothes on him, struggling to free himself and finish what he had started.
It took nothing more than a single look around "God dammit. It's a huge mess again." He notified. It seemed to become their trade mark. The trian had derailed. Road constructions were obstrcuted. Cement had flown everywhere. A wendigo in cement. The people in the train scarred, though unharme "...And the worst part is that we're not done yet. The cops are still around, but atleast we're safer. We should get a move on quickly and go."He said, as he turned to look at the train, seeing how most of the crew was still in there.