3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
CASE FILE AGN-02 OPERATION KILGRAVE: ZEBIDIAH KILGRAVE HAS SET HIS SIGHTS ON TAKING SHIELD DOWN FROM THE INSIDE AND HAS ATTEMPTED TO SUBVERT AGENT MAYA. HOWEVER, HER UNIQUE GENETICS ENABLES HER TO RESIST KILGRAVE AFTER A FEW MINUTES UNDER HIS CONTROL, WHICH HAS CAUSED HIM TO OBSESS OVER HER SPECIFICALLY. OPERATIVE AUTOMATICALLY ASSIGNED - AGENT MAYA. AGENTS REQUESTED - 3. THREAT LEVEL - ORANGE

For those interested in RPing in the AEGIS RP please visit here. Those already involved, after you've chosen what you'd like to be involved in in the OOC thread, indicate to me whether or not you want to post about your character's sign-up for the mission IC, and if you do want it to be worked out IC before posting here, we'll work it out in the Casual/SoL Thread

Look for an opening post here by me (Michale CS) before you post IC in this thread. I'll have a briefing for the characters IC posted here shortly (and will edit this out once it's there).

Alice was the first of the agents to enter arrive in the briefing for operation KILLGRAVE. Last night she made sure to review her tablet and fully equip her tools. As she entered the room, she noticed nobody else was here. Of course she would be early, she did live in SHIELD. She looked around the room and rested against the wall as she waited for everyone else to arrive. As she waited she took out "The Teachings" and began to review the information again. Every few minutes she would look around to see if anyone walked in. Once someone did, she would quickly put away the small book.

@Greenie
@Michale CS
@Boop

Last edited:
"Whatcha readin'?"

He knew it was an idea of a lifetime to create an invisibility blanket. He got the idea himself while talking to Steven in the common room. Of course it took him a LOT of his energy to make a blanket (let alone make it invisible) and he almost cried himself to sleep trying to wait until somebody went in, but it was worth it. The surprised reaction and the jeering and angry response will only be needed to make the prank worth while.

Abandoning Steven was a little bit of a chore since he probably went into a catatonic stupor while looking at his burrito. He tried nudging or poking his eyes but to no avail. "The boredom got to him." he theorized and try to quietly make his way towards the briefing room, afraid to catch the symptoms. After checking his tablet, exercised a bit (a small push-up and 3 sit-ups) and gathered all his needed tools (Gatorade and an energy bar (he needs all the energy he could get)) and proceeded to make his blanket.

The fact that the blanky would work made it a concrete fact that he should bring it along the mission. He could probably 1. ninja-stealth his way into the base or sneak away and 2. he's too lazy to make another one. He may or may not make another one for a Christmas gift or a gag at Halloween but that's besides the point. Alice's reaction will be worth it, and besides.

It wouldn't hurt to add some humor when they're probably gonna march right into their deaths.

@Unyielding
@Michale CS
@Greenie

Maya had not slept well the previous night. She kept tossing and turning restlessly, and when she did finally fall asleep, all she could dream of was the purple man, Kilgrave, and Jenny. After finally managing a few hours of downtime, she finally woke up and decided sleep could stuff it. Instead, she got herself ready, taking a shower even though she didn't want to, dressing up in her usual black tshirt and jeans. Her cap was on her head and her plaid black and pink tied around her waist. She gave herself a look in the mirror, noting the dark marks under her eyes. Well, hopefully those would go away.

She finally made it to the briefing area, and as she entered, she noticed there were two others already there. Alice from yesterday, and another fellow she recognized from far but had never actually talked to. Seeing they were already in conversation, or assuming so, she pulled out her tablet and started reading through her own files. It had been clear that while Kilgrave had an affect on her, she had been able to resist it. Why? What was special about her? She didn't understand.

Maya chewed on a finger as she put her tablet away. She wasn't used to being so quiet, but then again, she wasn't used to being a target. Not in this way. And Kilgrave... why did he go after her? Randomly? Maybe he knew something about her? Nah. Just an easy target is all. She was nothing special.

@Michale CS
@Boop
@Unyielding

T-Rae came into the room, the final member of the team, and looked around at the others.

"Okay, We're all on this mission... but May didn't specify who was going to be the mission leader. I've gone over the surveillance tapes we pulled from the ice cream parlor and noticed that Kilgrave's influence didn't last long on Maya. So... honestly? My vote is for her to lead us, because any of the rest of us could quite possibly be taken over for a longer period of time and if it happened when we weren't all together, we might not even know it."

She waved to the new guy - and probably wouldn't even notice if he was supposed to be invisible at that point at all. When it was hard for you not to see through everything, a blanket - altered to hide what was under it or not - wouldn't be likely to work. And there was the fact she could hear heartbeats from the next room usually too.

@Unyielding @Boop @Greenie

Nat will never understand the laws of visionary physics.

After Alice's disappointing reaction to his prank, he decided to stop his pesky little trick, but what intrigued him the most was this girl waving at him. Like he wasn't wearing an invisi-blanky (yes, he called it like that) at all. "Oh yeah. T-Rae. X-ray girl." he mulled, "well that crosses her out of my list.) Tucking his conjured blanket inside his satchel, he grinned. "Well, May IS practically the boss of us. So it's only logical she should lead us." he eyed T-Rae regardingly, "besides, who else knows what ACTUALLY is there to do in Kilgrave? We'd be stuck there twiddling our thumbs waiting for someone to shoot at us without her." His grin became a smirk, "Not that we'd kick their sorry little asses first."

He clapped his hands together and breathed deeply, then something hit him. Harder than concrete. This was his first actual mission. His first dangerous attempt at saving his country. Was he even ready to sign a blank check for everyone with the cost maybe accumulating to his own death? "I'm thinking too deep. You're thinking too deep." he told himself, "one more second of that deep junk and you might even see Adele rolling. Now man up and do something." He regarded all of them. Alice, looking up at the book she's reading, T-Rae, still looking at him, Maya, reading her tablet. For once, he finally accepted the fact that he might actually die. He exhaled. He needed an icebreaker. Or a firecracker, or something? Scraping all his thoughts, he conjured up a box of fries.

"Snacks anyone?"
@Unyielding @Greenie @Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice quickly put the book down and looked around after she heard the voice. The room was empty. She quickly put the book away and did not move from her spot. Then Maya came in without saying anything. Alice thought that she was still worried about the event yesterday and what the man was saying.

Let it go my child.

Alice lowered her head, worried what the girl was scared of her. For this Killgrave guy to make that old man do such a thing, Alice could not forgive him. Her name would be that of a hero, not the villain that cuts off ears and tails of cat people. She strayed from that path upon receiving Tsukami's shadow and thus worked towards changing her image to make the name worth something great.

Then Tamara walked in. Alice quickly returned to her normal serious mission face. She did not want to show any signs that she was not ready for the mission. She had to prove herself, especially after that last event on the beach. She then stated that the cat girl should be the leader because she was immune to his powers. Alice tilted her head and wondered about that. Honestly she thought Tamara would be a great leader but then again Tamara was her S.O. Alice did not have a better idea so she nodded. Then Tamara started waving to thin air.

Shortly afterwords, a man appeared out of thin air. Alice was shocked that the man managed to get pasted her without her knowing. However it was very much possible that he was here the whole time. Yes that had to be it! She could not accept that she, a train assassin from the Tsukami clan, could be sneaked up on without some magic at work. Then something else hit her. That voice earlier, it was him. This meant he saw her book. He knew her secret. Alice started biting her lower lip as she tried to think of what to do. Then the man spoke about making May the leader.

She then walked up to Tamara before turning to this man with invisibility powers who now had some fries in his hand! "Maya not May. You know, the cat girl." Alice then pointed at Maya.

@Greenie
@Michale CS
@Boop

Last edited:
She then walked up to Tamara before turning to this man with invisibility powers who now had some fries in his hand! "Maya not May. You know, the cat girl." Alice then pointed at Maya.
"Yes, Maya. Agent May isn't going on a field mission. At least, not this one. Maya shrugged off Kilgrave pretty quickly, but he had a hold on her at first. So... this is really tricky, because he can technically, from what we know, control a bunch of people at once - IF he tells them to do the same thing or takes the time to give several orders. Soo... I had an idea, but I'm not sure it would work. If it's his voice that is the triggering factor - and it may not be, if it's telepathic we're kinda screwed anyway - we could teach ourselves a few basic gestures, and go in, well... deaf. Thing is, I can't figure out an easy way that wont be super obvious to accomplish that. I mean, once we find him."

She caught herself rambling. "Not that I'm the team leader or anything, I still think Maya's our best shot at that - but, that's my best idea? Anyone else got a better one?"

@Boop @Greenie @Unyielding

"Yes, Maya. Agent May isn't going on a field mission. At least, not this one. Maya shrugged off Kilgrave pretty quickly, but he had a hold on her at first. So... this is really tricky, because he can technically, from what we know, control a bunch of people at once - IF he tells them to do the same thing or takes the time to give several orders. Soo... I had an idea, but I'm not sure it would work. If it's his voice that is the triggering factor - and it may not be, if it's telepathic we're kinda screwed anyway - we could teach ourselves a few basic gestures, and go in, well... deaf. Thing is, I can't figure out an easy way that wont be super obvious to accomplish that. I mean, once we find him."

She caught herself rambling. "Not that I'm the team leader or anything, I still think Maya's our best shot at that - but, that's my best idea? Anyone else got a better one?"

Alice's eyes lit up after Tamara was asked for an idea. She grinned at Nat before turning to Tamara. "We have an idea." Then she walked over to Nat and grabbed his arm. "Nat and us can infiltrate Kilgraves territory and while you guys create a distraction," She left a living shadow in her place to hold the man's arm before stealthy moving to the other side of him. Then she grabbed his other arm , "We can take him out. Unseen, unheard." She released the man and had he not broke free from the living shadow by now, the shadow would dispel itself into a fading mist. She continued smiling as she went to a nearby seat, hoping she could get a chance to show this guy what real stealth was.

@Boop @Greenie @Michale CS

Since when did he got into a plan like this?

After no one wanted a fry, he decided to just scrap it, returning some of his energy spent on creating those little sticks of potatoes. But when he suddenly got swept into a plan that he didn't even know about and a frickin' silhouette of Alice appeared in his side, he almost snapped. Then, realization hit him. Wearing a devilish smirk, he decided to go with her plan. Why bother with getting all confused and making it awkward for everyone? So he created a mirage of himself sitting the seat Alice was going for. It was SO much easier to create something without any actual mass, so creating himself wouldn't even make him sweat.

"You know what, why not?" the mirage Nat replied, "It wouldn't hurt to finally get an achievement worth showing off." The illusion crossed his legs and smiled towards his maker. "Oh yeah, and Tamara." The real Nat regarded T-Rae, "I called her May on purpose." As Alice's shadow dispersed, Nat's mirage faded into the background. He thrusted his hand into his satchel, and raised up his blanket. "I'm sure you'll need this." He said, tossing the blanket he created, "if shit goes down to hell while your distracting those idiots, you could use it." He noticed that T-Rae's hands disappeared as soon as she caught it. "No one would suspect a thing. You and me are the only ones that can see it. But if your theory about telepathic brainwash is correct. Um... Well. You know what happens." He shook his hands to emphasize it more. "Death by an invisible mutant which can see and hear almost anything." he shuddered. But if he wants this plan to work, he'd better root for it.

@Unyielding
@Greenie
@Michale CS

Once Maya had put her tablet away, she looked up at everyone gather. A smile came on her face, seeing Tamara. At least there was one person she knew. You had to trust someone who made tasty fudge, right? Alice she knew as well, but she was still wary. As for the fellow who had conjured fries- Oh, she wanted some of those. Her ears perked under her hat, and she was about to reach for them when they disappeared.

Oh drat, she thought to herself. Well, on to the mission. Tamara wanted her to lead them? Honestly, Maya was sure she would do a crap job at that, but then again, she was trained as a spy. She was good at infiltrating, and she had done it before. The plan of going in and using hand gestures and other ways to communicate was good, but would it work on Maya's cat ears? She wasn't too sure about that.

What happened after that between Alice explaining her plan and the fellow named Nat confused her and her senses. It also made her wonder if something like this would work on Kilgrave. The man had just disappeared without a trace at the ice cream parlour, hadn't he? She didn't want to seem scared or anything, but she didn't want to overconfident either. She hoped Alice and Nat weren't.

"Uh, T-Rae," she finally said, looking a little sheepish. "It might be better like if someone else leads. Kilgrave wants me, right? I mean, he was willin' to hurt a buncha people just for it. Maybe it's better that I go to him an' just follow orders for you instead. 'Least that way if he does get hold of me, I won't be like jeopardizing anyone else. I guess that'd be a distraction, kinda, right?"

@Michale CS
@Unyielding
@Boop

"Maya." Nat told her. It was the first and actual time he said her name right. "I know your scared about Kilgrave. We all are." Nat conjured up four chocolate strawberry sundaes complete with small spoons and made the other 3 float towards Tamara, Maya, and Alice. It was a WHOLE lot of work that made Nat almost exhausted but he regained his composure. "Kilgrave may be a disappearing, mind-controlling megalomaniac but if at least one of us thinks that we have a chance, then I'd say we'd take it. It's better than no hope at all." He dug into his ice cream and thoughtfully chewed his. "Besides, this mission is threat level ORANGE... " he jutted his thumb into the far side of the room, smirking, "imagine what sort of hell they're about to face in Mission: Diplomatic Quandry."

@Greenie
@Unyielding
@Michale CS

"We have an idea." Then she walked over to Nat and grabbed his arm. "Nat and us can infiltrate Kilgraves territory and while you guys create a distraction," She left a living shadow in her place to hold the man's arm before stealthy moving to the other side of him. Then she grabbed his other arm , "We can take him out. Unseen, unheard." She released the man and had he not broke free from the living shadow by now, the shadow would dispel itself into a fading mist. She continued smiling as she went to a nearby seat, hoping she could get a chance to show this guy what real stealth was.
"The thing is... territory? We don't even know where this guy is. That's the issue. We've got to find evidence of where he was... or just head out there as bait, hoping he shows up." Tamara replied.

"Uh, T-Rae," she finally said, looking a little sheepish. "It might be better like if someone else leads. Kilgrave wants me, right? I mean, he was willin' to hurt a buncha people just for it. Maybe it's better that I go to him an' just follow orders for you instead. 'Least that way if he does get hold of me, I won't be like jeopardizing anyone else. I guess that'd be a distraction, kinda, right?"
"And what happens if he takes me over and I lead the team badly? I still say our best hope is betting on the fact you've shaken off his influence. Heck we don't even know if he can influence you any more. Maybe you're immune now or something. At least be second in command in case something happens to me and I start ordering crazy shit." T-Rae's response to Maya was.

"Maya." Nat told her. It was the first and actual time he said her name right. "I know your scared about Kilgrave. We all are." Nat conjured up four chocolate strawberry sundaes complete with small spoons and made the other 3 float towards Tamara, Maya, and Alice. It was a WHOLE lot of work that made Nat almost exhausted but he regained his composure. "Kilgrave may be a disappearing, mind-controlling megalomaniac but if at least one of us thinks that we have a chance, then I'd say we'd take it. It's better than no hope at all." He dug into his ice cream and thoughtfully chewed his. "Besides, this mission is threat level ORANGE... " he jutted his thumb into the far side of the room, smirking, "imagine what sort of hell they're about to face in Mission: Diplomatic Quandry."

"As much as I like sundaes, this showing off is kinda creepy." T-Rae folded something invisible to most everyone except her and tucked it under her arm, which was a strange effect of having part of her side and part of her arm invisible, like she was CGI or something. "And besides, we know he's after us, so it's pretty much get our butts out there and wait for him to strike, and hit back hard. Which brings me back to my plan... if we have some sort of way of deafening ourselves temporarily, - maybe Nat could help there? - when we see him then we could take him out before he managed to turn us on each other. We only need enough time for one of us to Ice him - he's not superhuman in endurance as far as we can tell." The Inhuman added.

It wasn't long until an idea popped into his mind. "Guys. I think Tamara here, has a point."

He scooped some more sundae into his mouth, "I suggest you and Alice kick Kilgrave's ass clean while me and Maya provide the distractions needed instead." he snapped his fingers and a napkin wiped his lips, "Alice, along with Tamara's heightened sense of sight and smell, can easily dispatch him faster while he's busy trying to rangle up me and Maya." he then regarded Alice, "For extra touch, try making more shadow silhouettes, Alice. So he can be more confused than he already is."

He made his own sundae vanish, regaining some of his strength, "I can provide you with the deafening part no doubt about that." he reassured T-Rae, "But I can also be the BAIT. I can conjure up some fake 'monster' mirages or something so they could panic, and then while in the chaos, I could try and make our way to Kilgrave's, or the place where you'll be, so we could offer as back-up if things go awry. And if I somehow become one of his mindless puppets, then May" he looked at Maya, "could serve as back-up, since she may be impervious to Kilgrave's control."

He felt that could be a good plan. Well, at least in theory. There is still some trial and error in the equation, but at least they still have a good chance at completing the mission itself.

@Unyielding
@Greenie
@Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:
When the man spawned an image of his self in the seat, Alice jumped back reaching for her katana.
Calm down... He is not the threat. He is not worth it.

Alice took a deep breath and watched the clone disappear. Then she turned to Nat wondering what he was. After Maya objected to being leader, Alice took a seat but kept her eyes on the man. What was he and how did he have these powers. It was almost frighten. Sure she could create things out of shadows, but even that had its limits and they were not real like his stuff. Then he spawned ice cream which proceeded to float to all three of them. Alice backed got up quickly. When it reached her she poked it and watched it fall to the ground. "What... are... you?" she whispered. Becoming invisible, spawning flying ice cream, clones, was he a god?

Then Tamara mentioned that his location was unknown. Alice sighed as she lowered her head. She knew she could take him out if they had his location. It was what she was trained for. When Tamara mentioned being bait, Alice shivered. She did not like the idea of being bait, or even the idea of just standing around out in the open. She was a shadow, hidden from the light and ready to strike when the enemy turned their back.

Then Nat spoke and boy did he have an imagination. "Heightened sight and smell?" she repeated quietly but loud enough so that anyone who was paying attention to her would have heard her, "We only have normal hearing and sight... Are you confusing me with Maya and Tamara? we are sure they have those respectively." However it was that last comment he made about her shadows broke the straw. This man was crazy and full of it.

"We do not work like that. Don't assume what we can do because even we have limits. We will do our best but we are not Captain America. Tsukami has rules and if we do not follow, we will suffer punishment." She folded her arms and turned around. "We are not gods, divine beings, or... superheroes. We are just Alice." She had gripped her fist as she really did want to be a superhero like Captain America, but the truth was the truth. She still was not even allowed to leave the base on her own. She had her limits and a lot of trust to rebuild. "We still think we can take him out unseen if he comes out..."

@Boop @Greenie @Michale CS

Last edited:
He struck a nerve. He doesn't know what triggered that response, except for him suggesting Alice's shadow spawning.
Somehow, that response struck a nerve as well. He made the fallen sundae vanish off of the floor, and tried to keep his calm. He wasn't about to get mad with a girl.

"Look. I don't know much about Tsukami and your traditions, nor do you know much about my powers itself." he soothed, "but when I say you can confuse the puppeteer with some of your shadows, I said that as a suggestion. Not a command."

He snapped his fingers and a chair popped up on the floor, and he collapsed on it. "I know I disrespected your culture, and insulted your ways, but I didn't know that this meant a whole lot to you. Especially since I don't even know what Tsukami even means." he scratched the back of his head, "but can you at least forgive me? At least until the end of the mission?" "Damn it." Nat contemplated, gritting his teeth, "We haven't even started the mission yet, and we're making a scene right now."

"I'll explain my powers later, and you can teach me about your ways, but for now?" he stood up, looking at Alice, back turned. "Can we focus on seeing another day first?" He made the chair fade, and clapped his hands. "Okay. Now that dramatic scene is out of the way, what's your suggestion May?" he turned to the cat-eared woman, "We all told our suggestions, what's yours?"

@Unyielding
@Greenie
@Michale CS

Maya had a lot to take into consideration. It was true; what if she was no longer affected by Kilgrave? It was safer for everyone else if she kept her senses and lead the group. Except, she wasn't much of a leader. She wasn't smart like the rest, she didn't have good ideas and plans like the others were coming up with.

Once more she listened to Alice and then Nat. First things first, however. "Uhm, I know it's like... not really a biggie but I'd kinda like it better if ya just called me Maya." She scratched at her ear sheepishly, hoping he didn't feel offended. It was just that her name was basically the only thing of her past that she knew. Even when she had woken up all those years without memory, 'Maya' was the one certainty that she had; it was her name.

"My suggestion?" She chewed on her finger once more before stopping herself. "We dunno where he is, so like, bein' bait for him is probably the way t'go." She rubbed at her forehead a moment. "Sorry, I'm kinda better at followin' orders than comin' up with plans. Anyway. If we do go with that kinda plan, then I think bait should be me or Alice, seein' he's kinda targeted the both of us. Nat an' T-Rae can get him when he's distracted.

"'Course we don' know where he'd even be to set anything up..." She looked around at the rest. "We need more information to work on. Locations like."​

Status
Not open for further replies.