Adventure and Fortune Await

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nai'a nodded in agreement. She liked the night, too. It felt like home to her. When Tynebris suddenly stopped in the middle of their tracks and offered his wing, she looked at him in shock, hesitant at first. She didn't want to fly if he really wouldn't like it, but... he was offering! How could she not pass up the chance to fly with a dragon? She would be stupid!

Grinning happily, she jogged to her companion and climbed aboard, feeling his scales against her palms. "Wow..." she breathed, already amazed even though they were still on land. Then she leaned forward and hugged his neck. "Thank you, Tynebris! But don't be afraid to tell me if you start getting agitated, alright? We can walk then."

"Where you ever on a dragon's back?" he asks, grinning as if he had something 'bad' planning. In an instant he lifts off with an incredible speed, flying as fast as he can, but remains low in altitude in case she can't hold on tight enough. "Usually I don't fly like this, but I want to give you an experience to remember." the speeding dragon says out loud, laughing. "I am sure you will remember this flight for a long time." he adds, still laughing from his 'kindness'. "This is exciting, isn't it? ... It must be for you very exciting!"

"No... you're the first dragon I've met," she answered honestly. She looked down at him and recognized that sort of look but didn't have any time to react before they lifted off in a powerful leap. She immediately held tight to him, major butterflies tearing up her stomach as they flew faster than anything she's felt before. She could hear the large dragon laughing over the loud wind and as soon as she got used to the sensations, she started laughing as well, not having any words as she was speechless.

"Oh, Tynebris, you are so lucky that I'm not a mere human!" she exclaimed loudly. She wasn't afraid of heights - she was a cat after all! And she soon started to genuinely enjoy the fast ride.

"Oh? How comes I am lucky on that?" he asks curiously, slowly flying slower and eventually flying in his normal speed. Furthermore, he stops laughing, but has a big smile. "Flying is so great fun and way better than walking, don't you agree?" Tynebris asks a rethorical question, knowing that the answer will be a yes. "Not many get to have a ride on a dragon's back."

"Well, you took off in such a big, fast leap that I nearly fell off! Most people would probably be screaming," she answered the dragon. She just thanked the heavens above that she wasn't afraid of heights. "I do agree, yes. It is quite amazing. But be a bit more gentler in take off," she advised, patting the dragon's neck in good humor.

"Okay, I will remember for next time to not rush, but it was fun, might have been more fun if you'd have been screaming at first." he giggles. "But don't worry, I won't do it again, the magic is only at the first time." he adds. He smiles a bit more as he is patted. "I just thought it would be funny." After some seconds he says again: "I hope you are having fun on my back."

Suddenly Tynebris stops flying and simply hovers in the air. "Eh, where will our first stop be, or will we continue flying till I get tired?" he questions. "I could fly for ages, but that way we won't have much of an adventure I reckon, unless you count this as an adventure." the dragon adds.

Below them is a decent sized forest and nearby a small mountain range. In the far distance a village could be seen, about the same size as the vîllage their adventure started.

Nai'a laughs. "Don't worry, Tynebris, it was fun," she replied, smiling to herself as they continued to fly. But suddenly, the black dragon stopped mid-flight and asked where their first stop should be. Below them was forestry leading to a small mountain range where a small village lay. Nai'a squinted as she peered down.

"I believe that's Wyrdrek. I've never been there before, so if you'd like, I think it would be good for us to fly down and see what's there."

"Wirdrec." the dragon tries to pronounce the name, but utterly doesn't manage to do so. Nevertheless, he continues flying, though is aiming for Wyrdrek, which has a magnificient fountain in the town center. "What is that thing there, shooting water into the air?" he asks curiously while peering it from a distance.

"A fountain," Nai'a answered with a grin. "I believe that is the fountain the village is known for. It was built in the name of someone who put the village in the right tracks of flourishing, though I can't remember who."

"That fountain looks great. Is the water drinkable?" the dragon asks, slowly approaching the fountain and preparing for landing near it. "What will you do first when we land?" Tynebris asks, not knowing what he is going to do, seeing that he hasn't been doing in the other town much either.

"I'm sure it is," Nai'a answered. She braced herself as they prepared to land and she shrugged before remembering he couldn't see her. "I'm not sure. Perhaps enjoy the reaction the townspeople have to seeing a dragon." She smiled.

Tynebris lands close to the fountain and in an instant every one stares at him and Nai'a. Because Nai'a is with they are friendly and smile, not being afraid of the dragon she came with. "Greetings to Wyrdrek dragon rider, what honor it is to meet you." one of the townspeople say. A dragon rider is not frequent sight in this town.

The dragon looks at the townsperson who spoke and tilted his head short. As he realized that Nai'a is reading him, he stopped tilting his head and didn't change his facial expression. However he looks at Nai'a and asks: "They know you?"

Nai'a was a bit wary about the townspeople but it seemed that they had no fear for the dragon or her; one of them had actually welcomed her, saying it was an honor to meet a dragon rider. She blinked down at them before slowly dismounting Tynebris. She looked over to him at his question and smiled slightly before shaking her head. "No, but... I believe it isn't often one sees a dragon and a dragon rider here." With that answer, she looked back towards the person who welcomed them and smiled.

"Thank you," she said, bowing slightly. "We are here to visit the village as we are on a great journey. Is the fountain water drinkable? Or is there a creek somewhere near for us - or, well, him - to drink?"

"The water is drinkable, there is no need to worry. Though I recommend checking out the inn if either of you are thristy, they serve beverages and better water than the fountain offers." the townperson replies. All other people continue with their daily life, but ever so giving a smile to Nai'a. Some children can be seen, observing Tynebris.

Tynebris approaches Nai'a. "What are beverages?" the dragon asks. The townperson gives a little laugh. "You must have caught a young dragon, dragon rider. "Beverages are drinks, some might not be too good for you though, dragon. If you want to seek the inn, it is this house, a nice place for fellow humans, for mounts it can be a bit crowded. Nevertheless, I recommend having a drink or two in there."

"Thank you very much," Nai'a grinned towards the man. She also returned the smiles of the other townspeople and smiled a bit to herself as she caught children staring at the large black dragon. Tynebris had approached her though, asking what beverages were before the man from before laughed a bit and explained what they were before recommending them to drink from inside the inn.

She turned to the dragon then. "What do you say, Tyne?" It was obvious he wouldn't fit inside the inn, but Nai'a could order a drink or two for him and bring them outside.

"Sure, I don't mind drinking something." he replies and then takes a brief look at the inn. "Eh... do I even fit inside?" the dragon stutters. In his eyes a certain flair of curiosity can be seen, as if he wants tofind it out the hard way and just squeeze through. "We prefer you better don't break the door, I heard the sky is quite beautiful, maybe you want to enjoy your beverage outside and observe it." the townperson replies. And in an instant his curiosity is gone. "Okay, though I still would like to see the inside of the inn, or does it look like other inns?" Tynebris asks. "I reckon not each inn looks the same." the townperson replies.

Afterwards the townperson looks at Nai'a. "If you wish to rest for a day, I'm sure the inn has a room free for a dragon rider and at the backside some stables for your young mount." he explains to her. "Feel free to use the stables anytime, there are no fees for them." The children slowly approach Nai'a, Tynebris and the townperson; certainly curious and also a bit afraid of the dragon - compared to them Tynebris is huge.

Nai'a chuckled a bit to herself. The rest of the night - no, more like the rest of her and Tynebris's adventure was surely to be pack-filled with amusement. But she was glad that the dragon had joined her, that she was able to show him the world and teach him many things while also learning with him. She guessed that he probably would have never left the village for few hundreds without her, so she was happy that he was at least curious about everything.

Turning to the man, she nodded in thanks once more. "Right, thank you. We really do appreciate it." At the sight of the children, she grinned and squatted down, looking at them. "Would you like to meet the dragon?" she asked, excitement flickering in her eyes for the kids. "He's very friendly and I'm sure he would love to meet you."

One of the kids nods as a reply to Nai'a's question. "W-We never s-saw one before." another one stutters. Tynebris looks at the children, somewhat not liking them, though he doesn't do any hostile actions or expression. He simply tilts his head and places one paw infront. "Hello." the dragon says. In the meantime the townperson continues with his daily business.

One child - daring enough - approaches Tynebris' paw and touches his, smiling and looking at him. Another one asks Nai'a: "Where did you catch a dragon, when I grow big I want to be a dragon rider too." Tynebris remains calm as the child touches his paw, looking at the child.

Nai'a tilted her head slightly as she watched the children approach even closer, one even daring enough to touch Tynebris's paw. "Oh, I didn't catch him, child," Nai'a answered. "I asked him to come on an adventure with me and he agreed. But be careful, not all dragons are as nice as him," she said, looking across to the child that continued to touch the dragon's paw. "And if you irritate him enough he might just give a little snip!" she teased, giving a wink.

Suddenly Tynebris grins and hisses unfriendly, but before the boy was able to react Tynebris was holding the boy's hand. "You'd make a suitable snack." the dragon growls. The other children immediately hide behind Nai'a, the one child held by Tynebris is frightend, shaking in fear. "I always wondered how you human taste." Tynebris adds grinning.

In no time guards appear, circling Nai'a and Tynebris from a distance. "You better stop, any further hostility will result in your demise." the commanding guard yells. They hold their weapons ready to attack if Tynebris plans on attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.