Adventure and Fortune Await

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nai'a stifled a giggle with her hand as Tynebris played along. All the children hid behind her as he pretended to be a bad dragon. But soon their playtime was up as a few of the guards appeared and circled the newcomers. Nai'a sighed, though she did feel bad for putting the two of them in this predicament and she turned towards the guards.

"I'm sorry. We were only playing, right Tynebris?" she asked, looking back towards her dragon companion. The boy that he had held onto was completely unharmed. Well... at least physically. "We really are no harm, I promise you."

Tynebris immediately lets go of the child and hisses at the guards. "Humans don't understand dragon humor." he says in an angry tone. The dragon prepares himself for battle, but clearly doesn't want to fight, noticable in his eyes and stance, which isn't his proper fighting stance. "I don't harm humans when they don't harm me, it was a joke that you humans never understand." he repeats himself.

"Calm, Tynebris," Nai'a said, her voice cutting through the tense atmosphere with a soft, almost soothing tone. "It is not the day to fight," she said to both him and the guards. "You can see he really doesn't want to fight. Please, if it makes you feel better, we will just gather some food and water and then leave. Okay?" Some of the kids whined in protest, not wanting the big dragon and the nice cat lady to leave.

"You better do no further hostile actions in this town, or you will be kicked out and banished from here." the guard officer says. "For the children's sake we will let you go with a warning." he adds, the dragon easing up a bit and the guards dismissing, going back to patroling the city. The one child is still standing in shock infront of Tynebris, who receives a little nudge from the dragon. "I'm sorry." the dragon says to the child.

The child just stared up at him, deep blue eyes wide with having no idea what had just happened. "Uh... it's..." he tried before swallowing. He looked down and away, and then to Nai'a who was watching the scene. He suddenly ran to her, burying his face in her legs and she chuckled, pulling him up. "We were only playing, I promise you," she said to him. "Tynebris really is sorry." The little boy looked back to the black beast then.

"Tyne...bris," he tried. And then he smiled. "It's okay!" he exclaimed, and with that the feline put him down. "Now run along, and go play with your friends. My friend and I are thirsty."

"Okay." the child says as they go and play together something. "Is there something else besides water I may drink?" Tynebris asks, "I can drink water all the time, I just want to try something else for once." he adds, looking at the inn.

"Uhm..." Nai'a said, looking towards the inn as well. "There might be milk, but there's definitely wine and other spirits. I suppose you have never had alcohol?" she asked, looking at him. "I'm not sure if you'll like it... or if it's even the smart thing to do. Can dragons become drunk?" she asked thoughtfully, more-so to herself than her dragon companion.

"Alcohol? No, I don't remember hearing that name." he replies. "What is milk?" Tynebris asks, never have heard of those. "I want to taste this milk and alcohol. I want to, I want to know how they taste." the dragon says, stomping a bit on the floor, as if he is begging for permission from Nai'a.

Nai'a laughed. "Fine, fine, Tynebris. I will be back soon with both," she smiled and left the dragon outside as she entered the inn. There wasn't too many people in there, but a certainly a good handful. Within a few minutes, she was back outside with three mugfuls. One of mead and two of milk.

"Here, dragon. This is mead - the alcohol -" she handed him the amber-colored liquid, "and this is milk." She handed him the rich white-colored liquid now.

"Thank you!" the dragon thanks, sniffing already at the milk. He doesn't sniff long and dips his snout into the milk and starts drinking it. Once he was half way done with his milk he looks at Nai'a, his snout completely white with milk. "Does anyone hate milk? I can't see why someone wouldn't like it." Tynebris asks, curious as he is. However, he doesn't notice that his snout is white.

It seemed that Tynebris liked the drink; he took more than one drink. She giggled, a hand covering her mouth as he rose his milk-covered snout. "Some people are allergic to it, believe it or not. And others just don't like the taste," she shrugged, taking a sip of her own milk. "But... Tynebris," she pointed to the her mouth, motioning that he had some on his... well, all over his.

At first Tynebris didn't understand the motion but then he did as he starts cleaning his snout with his tongue. "Allergic? And not liking the taste? They must be lying." the dragon replies. "I can't imagine that." he adds, dipping his snout back in his milk to finish it off.

Nai'a shrugged once more before smiling. "Are you going to try the mead now?" she asked after he had finished it off. She was wanting to know what he thought of it, and if he'd like it.

Tynebris finishes his milk, cleans his snout fast and then takes a sip from the mead before dunking his snout into it, drinking it completely empty. "I like this mead." he answers, suddenly giving a hic. "Though I don't like hiccing."

"Oh, you'll have plenty of hiccuping if you drink anymore, dragon," she warned playfully. "I am serious though. I don't know the limit for such a large beast as yourself, but if you drink too much, you will start to feel funny."

Tynebris finishes his mead and hics again. "I prefer the milk over this mead, it tastes better." the dragon adds, looking at Nai'a and tilting his head. "What is so bad about feeling funny?" he asks, his tail wags slowly, most probably as an effect from drinking the mead.

"My, my, are you already feeling buzzed, Tynebris?" Nai'a asks, watching the great dragon with mirth dancing in her eyes. "Buzzed meaning, your mind feels nice and light, and maybe even your body? That's the effect of alcohol. It becomes greater the more you drink, but you lose more control of yourself as well." She took a sip of her drink.

"I feel okay, maybe a bit strange." he says, breathing a little flame towards the ground. "Though I can breath fire, so everything should be fine." the dragon adds. He looks a bit around. "What are you drinking?"

Nai'a nodded. "That's good," she said with a smile. To be honest, she felt a little relieved that Tynebris didn't want to have any more mead. They could save that for a rainy day.

"Milk," she replied happily. "I enjoy more than mead as well."

"Sounds like a good choice." Tynebris says looking a bit around. "This place looks better than the town we came from. The fountain is so nice." the dragon claims. "Do you think there are other cities as nice as this one or even nicer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.