Academy of the Unnatural Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles Lorne, Green
Miles' father sat back, a huge grin on his face. "Thank you Mr Rauche." he said cheerfully. Miles' face lit up, his eyes widened dramatically. Not getting caught was basically his gift from god, being able to shape shift and charm the pants off people tends to get you out of trouble. Miles stood up and ran over to him, wrapping his arms around the man. "Thank you thank you thank you!" he shouted, nuzzling his new headteacher's cheek, his skin even softer than his father's. Miles' father got up off the desk. "I'll leave it to you to set up all the paperwork and stuff, and if you need my permission for anything, you have it." he said with a smile, then went to the door, waving to Miles.

Eune's fox ears lowered, he hadn't an answer for Ace's question. For him, potions were an untouched magic and he had hopes of learning instead of leaping right into a make or break experiment.
"That's one hell of a good question." He decided to take a look around at what the rest of the students were doing to hopefully get an idea. Most pairs were still gathering ingredients while one pair was... Pouring... Sap into an organ? "My god is that a heart??" Eune opted to look away and to someone else. He noticed two of the girls from his home room in the class and blinked, wondering when they got here. Music note and pink hair. The pink haired one was actually working alone and it looked like it was a breeze for her. Eune made a mental note to talk to her if he needed help in the class and make it worth her while with something.
"Um...," he glanced down at the small card and read the vague instructions, "Geez, if only the amount of each was listed it would be easier."

@Temm

Ace Desant, White
Ace chuckled a little then looked over at them. "Erm, yeah, snake heart I think." he said, then looked back at the ingredients. "Well we just add the liquids as they are I presume and we can just chop up the rest and hope for the best." he said, he was gaining confidence as he began to realise he was good at this. His mother was a vet and his father was a doctor so he knew how all the medicines were made, this was quite similar for him. "Yeah but he's probably just trying to find out what stages everyone's at, they did it in my old school." he explained, looking at the tool list. "Right, I'll go get the tools, it might help us find out how to prepare everything." he said, then wandered off.

Kethren Rauche, red
Kethren Rauche nearly fell out of his chair when the other ran over and hugged him. "You're welcome.." He said, awkwardly patting his back. A student never really hugged him like this, not even his own children. Once Mr. Lorne was gone, Kethren decided to speak again. "'Miles' is it? Listen, I'm going to generate a schedule for you. I want you to memorize the faces while you're here. If you see them on the street, they're off limits."

Miles Lorne, Green
He moved back a little and nodded, then raised a brow. "I can't even eat them off campus?" he inquired curiously, he didn't really understand why he cared if he didn't get into trouble for it. "But some of the students I saw on the way in looked soooooooooo tasty..." he said with a sigh, then placed his hand on the headteacher's thigh. "You look pretty tasty yourself Mr Rauche." he said with a giggle. "I'll try to refrain! But I'm not too good with faces." he said "We remember each other by name not face in my society, due to our faces changing often." he said with a smile. "I'll try my best, I won't get you in trouble! Promise!"

"So what now?" Lewis had asked him. Al took the bottle containing admiration and poured the pink liquid into the heart pouch. He tied the heart pouch and placed it on the desk before them. It promptly began to glow bright pink. The heart vibrated and a bubbling sound was coming from it. After a moment the bubbling began to calm down and Al opened the pouch and poured it's bright pink liquid contents into a small vial. " Congrats Lewis. We've successfully created a potion of love, and now, unfortunately, I must say bottoms up." Al reluctantly downed the potion and the place where his heart was began to glow pink. He fell to the floor clutching at his heart but not making a sound. After a while he looked up, eyes locked on Lewis, and his eyes flashed pink.

"Right..." Eune started to feel useless with his lack of knowledge in this subject. He thought it would be like baking a cake or preparing any other type of food, but it wasn't. But Ace could be right, it could just be something to see where everyone is at in their knowledge of... Fancy potion making. It was time to try harder, especially since Ace was the one testing it.

Ace Desant, White
Ace looked over at Eune then brought back the tools, he brought back a chopping board, a knife, a mortar and pestle, a bunsen burner, a vial and two beakers. "Would you mind chopping up the silkworm into fine bits?" he asked "It doesn't have to too fine." he said with a smile. He then combined the two types of blood in one of the beakers and placed it atop the Bunsen burner and began to heat up the blood.

Kethren Rauche, red
"If you're not good with names, I have pictures.." He stated, completely ignoring the fact that the student's hand was on his thigh. It was obvious he took after his father. Kethren shuffled around his desk and began pulling out photos of staff. "You are not to eat these people."

Miles Lorne, Green
Miles giggled "I said I'm not good with faces! I'm good with names but...walking up to someone and asking their name isn't the stealthiest way of eating someone...I guess I could ask after eating them." he said with a louder giggle. "Don't worry Mr Rauche, if we can distinguish sirens pretending to be humans from humans, I can probably distinguish meals from erm, not meals." he said, releasing his hand from his thigh, he stood up and bounced up and down a little. "So do I get my schedule now or what? And do you do cooking lessons here?" he asked with a playful chuckle.

Kethren Rauche, red
"Take them with you. They'll say their names to you. Since you said you're not good with faces, I want you to at least take those. Look at them while you're off campus. I just... can't have you eating one of them and this is to make sure you won't have any excuses..." He said, running a hand through his hair. Accepting a human eater was going to be stressful. "If you can cook, I'll make you a Student Assistant for the cafeteria. She'll show you what she knows about cooking." He responded, inserting Miles's information into the computer quickly. The longer he was there, the more he felt uncomfortable. Once the information was inputted, he clicked a button and the system began printing a copy of the schedule. "Here." The Headmaster said, ripping the schedule out and handing it to the other along with the photos. "The bookstore will issue you a free ID card. Don't lose it."

Lewis watched him drink the liquid and then fall to the floor. "Hey, woah, are you ok?" He asked, not touching him. If he touched him then he would be able to see the gateway to his memories and he got the feeling Al didn't want that. More so since he could be pulled into the memories and he didn't really didnt feel like dealing with that. He glanced around for the teacher "Hey, Teach, do you have an antidote or something because i get the feeling this guy is sick and it would probably be good for him not to die in your classroom if you get what i mean"

As Ace came back, Eune had picked up his drive to work... Until he was asked to chop the silkworm. Nonetheless, he nodded and took up the copping knife, shifting the cutting board to his side of the table. He gave a sickly look at the silkworm before picking it up and laying it on the cutting board.
"Ugh..." He shuddered, hating the inevitable crunch and fluids that would come from the small worm as he cut. "Please ignore me." Eune mumbled to Ace as he hurriedly finished chopping the silkworm and slowly pushing the cutting board away from himself.
"What next?" His eyes started to watch the bloods heat over the fire. It was becoming more and more apparent that this was not the class for him but he had to pull through it. The stench of the mixed, heated blood was making it difficult for him.

Miles Lorne, Green
Miles looked through the pictures. "These are all adults, I don't eat adults anyway, their emotions stunt growth for a siren." he said looking up at him. "And I was joking, of course I don't cook!" he said with a giggle. He nuzzled him again. "Thank you." he said softly then ran to the door excitedly. "I'll go there now!" he said, then ran back to the desk to get his schedule. "Cya later Mr Rauche!" he shouted then ran out the door and in a random direction he had hoped was towards the library. He soon after running around a large amount of the academy managed to reach the library and then went up to the front desk. "Hi, I'm Miles Lorne and I need to pick up my I.D. card." he whispered.

Velnor Kerne, Purple
Mr Kerne looked over a Lewis and shrugged before standing up. "Well done, you successfully finished your potion first. Next time don't rush it so fast." he said "Though it seems you two will be pairing up a lot more often, you may wish to make yourself a love potion should you not get on." he said, then sat back down.

Ace Desant, White
Ace looked to him and stifled laughter as the kitsune boy squirmed. He took the chopping board and knife and dragged the knife across it over the mortar and pestle, putting the chopped up worm inside, he then put in the nymph sweat and began to grind it together. He then put it all into the spare beaker and began to stir it. "Mix the water with the coconut milk and slowly pour it into this while I stir." Ace said, he wasn't too sure how he knew to do this but he had guessed it was to do with the luck spell. "Then put the boiled blood into the vial." he added.

Lewis bit his lip and moved Al into the sitting position. He forced the gateway of Al's memories away and sat next to him "Hey can you hear me?" He asked mentally cursing the teacher for making Al drink the juice. He sighed glanced around, the teacher was right, they were the first ones done. However, they were also the ones in need of medical attention and Lewis had very little knowledge of that. He leaned against the table and glanced from Al to the rest of the room

"How sad... The only two decent ingredients here must be mixed with the rest of it." He gave a half forced light chuckle at his comment, knowing it was kind of a dumb thing to say. He combined the water and coconut milk, taking a quick sniff to briefly counter the stench of the boiled blood then slowly poured it into Ace's beaker. Now that Eune noticed it, Ace wasn't stuttering or jumpy anymore. He was confident and doing good with guiding Eune through the process. Eune liked this new side to Ace and soon a soft smile showed it.
The blood was poured into the vial and Eune turned to the other boy to await his next instruction or action.

Ace Desant, White
Ace watched as the boy poured it an and clenched a little, he felt it was slightly too fast but, that shouldn't do anything horrible. He then quickly stirred the contents of the beaker. "Er, you can turn the Bunsen burner off." he said with a smile, he felt in the zone at this point, when he was in the company of one person doing something he seemed to know what he was doing in, this was the perfect situation for Ace to be in. He then finished mixing it up and picked up the vial, pouring the contents of the beaker inside. He stirred it a few times and the potion turned into a pure white. "Huh, that seems good." he said, swirling it around. "D-do we show it to M-Mr Kerne first or j-just d-drink?" he asked, stuttering a little as he lost confidence now he didn't know what to do.

"Er, you can turn the Bunsen burner off." Ace said.
"Oh, right!" Eune suddenly realized it was still on. He quickly turned it off then turned his attention back to Ace and the mixture with curious, intrigued eyes. His tail moved in small circles, similar almost to a dog when it wagged it's tail, as he watched the potion come together and turn to white. The only thing in Eune's curious little mind now was if there would be any weird chunks of silkworm or moon crystal. His attention shifted back to Ace as he spoke, losing his smooth rhythm. Unlucky for Ace, and probably Mr. Kerne too, Eune was now in his comfortable state meaning his volume level reached no boundaries anymore.
"I'll ask." He smiled before looking over at Mr. Kerne and raising his hand. "Hey Mr. Kerne! Where done with our potion, is it time to test it now?" His voice was loud enough to reach over the class, but not too loud to stop all the class chatter. He had a blissful smile on his face, like a confident, or ignorant child.

Velnor Kerne, Purple
Mr Kerne grunted and rolled his eyes. "You're supposed to wait for me to address you when you raise your hand." he said with a sigh, then stood up. "I'll give you a tip on account of you being one of the few punctual students. You pour the potion into the flower, then eat it with the potion and a moon crystal, you do it twice if you added the nymph sweat." he said then sat back down.

Ace Desant, white
Ace looked over and nodded, he then picked up the vial and one of the flowers, it was a cup shape and seemed right enough. He got a moon crystal too. He poured half of the potion into the flower and picked up a moonstone, placing both in his mouth and swallowed down hard. "Nng, tastes like turkish delight and sem- umm, vomit." he said, interrupting himself before pouring another and eating it again, then waited for something to happen. Suddenly he grasped onto his waist and bent over, standing up from his chair he began to wretch, Mr Kerne watching over his book, he stood up and walked over. Ace stopped retching then started breathing heavily, his cheeks were very pink as he sat down, trying to hide his new growth.

Velnor Kerne, purple
He watched as the boy retched, he didn't flinch. As the boy stood up, then sat down Mr Kerne turned away. "For a student capable of controlling luck you don't have much of it. Shame you didn't grow something which mattered." he said, walking back over to his desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.