ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay, no worries!

I can't wait for this to begin!
I love superhero roleplays, So PM me invites yo :Y

Do you plan on closing the signups for only those who applied once enough characters are made or do you plan on leaving it open as you don't mind to update newcomers? Just asking.

What's your preference?

When I've done other Superhero RPs there's been an emphasis on forming a team so I've closed the signups. With this, the idea is for everyone to be free to walk whatever moral lines they want so I'm hoping for some Player versus Player action. To that extent I was considering leaving the RP open.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Oh...dang. There are so many running through my head right now I don't even know where to begin. Stop me at a name that sounds good: Alloy, Wavelength, Overgrowth, Mech, Crossfire, Iron Maiden...

If you use Iron Maiden I'm just going to think of the band every time you post :P

Wavelength or Overgrowth then? Wavelength absorbs and redirects energy and Overgrowth transforms into a plant-human hybrid...on second thought, I'm not sure I can use Overgrowth for this, since you want them to look human. Wavelength then? I'll make a character sheet as soon as I can.

Looking forward to it! But if you think you can play something that doesn't look human then by all means go for it, I just found in the past people who play monstrous looking abominations tend to complain they're locked out of character interaction due to a lot of it happening at school or in public etc.

Oh, no Overgrowth doesn't look like a monster. She's a green plant girl. Most of the time she looks human with the exception of green skin and root-like feet. Maybe she can disguise herself as a tree...

If you would be happier playing such a character then that's the character I want you to roll with! Happy players are dedicated players.

Name: Mary Goldbloom

Nicknames: Marigold, Veghead

Alias: Overgrowth

Birthday: May 3, 1996

Height: Normally 5' 4", but it can vary due to her abilities.

Weight: Little over a hundred pounds, but again varies based on abilities.

Hair Colour: Red, and technically it's not hair. Mary's head is covered in long thin petals.

Eye Colour: greyish-brown

Appearance:
30_day_mgc__plant_girl_by_lian_ikariyang-d5e2nnp.jpg
Not exactly what I had in mind, but this is the closest I could find. Mary is Chinese-American, though, so she has Asian features. Her figure is modest, and usually small. The grass growths shown in the picture are not present and her feet are shaped like tree roots, often burrowing into the ground for nutrients.

Abilities: She transformed into a bizarre plant/human hybrid. She doesn't need food, instead being sustained by water, nutrients, and sunlight. She can regenerate, and is able to grow faster than bamboo. She can also make parts of her body change into any form of plant matter - vines, leaves, wood, barbs - she can even grow popular fruits like berries. Of course, to go with her abilities comes the trade-off that she's just as vulnerable as a plant to fire, or cold. In theory, she could always plant a seed to grow a new Overgrowth, but it wouldn't be Mary.

Sample Post:

In. Out. In. And out. Mary wasn't really sure if she was breathing in oxygen or CO2 anymore. She assumed CO2, and that she wasn't technically breathing. Ever since her transformation she's wondered what exactly happened to her body, if she still had organs, and what they did now. But then the sun would come out and radiate her petal hair, and she would feel warmth and strength course from her head down to her toes, buried in the earth, and thoughts like that didn't seem important anymore.

Mary was standing in her backyard, stark naked, but not really displaying anything inappropriate. It couldn't really be called a backyard; it was just a square of earth meant to be a garden for the apartments she rented, but no one was interested in. No one but her. She had noticed this abandoned place and ever since her change she used it to have her private time in the beloved outdoors.

She had her arms outstretched now and they were growing so long. Her fingers split and diverged and leaves sprouted from them. The occasional gust of wind chilled her and she could feel a dense outer layer forming around her body to protect her. She knew this was weird but she didn't care. She knew she was a freak, but she didn't care. When she took in the light, and the water buried deep beneath the soil, nothing really mattered.

The day was winding down. She sighed and pulled her feet free of the earth, then walked back inside. Every time she returned indoors she felt more and more contempt for walls, for the very concept of them. There wasn't any other way to say it, though she had been hesitant to utter it out loud: she was becoming more intuned with plants than humanity.

Last edited:
How do I hide this crazy massive image?

I don't believe you can. My sheet has the same issue.

I know it can be done. I've seen people do it all the time. I just don't know how. I think it's some sort of code.

I've seen a lot of people use Spoilers, but personally I go to tinypic and just resize my images.

Well i know one way to get the image smaller is to upload it here while posting, and then insert the thumbnail instead of the full image. That way it becomes full sized if someone clicks on it, but stays small otherwise.
Just another way of doing it, aside from spoilers or using a different site like tinipic or sizing the image down in a photo manipulating program before uploading it.

I've seen a lot of people use Spoilers, but personally I go to tinypic and just resize my images.
Yes, but where do I get the Spoiler? That's what I want to know.

BB Codes is where I find everything, the Spoiler in question is done like this:

[SPOILER]BLAH BLAH[/SPOILER]

Or alternately like this:

[SPOILI]BLAH BLAH[/SPOILI]

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Quiet One
Okay put it in. Thank you! :)

Name: Mary Goldbloom

Nicknames: Marigold, Veghead

Alias: Overgrowth

Birthday: May 3, 1996

Height: Normally 5' 4", but it can vary due to her abilities.

Weight: Little over a hundred pounds, but again varies based on abilities.

Hair Colour: Red, and technically it's not hair. Mary's head is covered in long thin petals.

Eye Colour: greyish-brown

Appearance:
30_day_mgc__plant_girl_by_lian_ikariyang-d5e2nnp.jpg
Not exactly what I had in mind, but this is the closest I could find. Mary is Chinese-American, though, so she has Asian features. Her figure is modest, and usually small. The grass growths shown in the picture are not present and her feet are shaped like tree roots, often burrowing into the ground for nutrients.

Abilities: She transformed into a bizarre plant/human hybrid. She doesn't need food, instead being sustained by water, nutrients, and sunlight. She can regenerate, and is able to grow faster than bamboo. She can also make parts of her body change into any form of plant matter - vines, leaves, wood, barbs - she can even grow popular fruits like berries. Of course, to go with her abilities comes the trade-off that she's just as vulnerable as a plant to fire, or cold. In theory, she could always plant a seed to grow a new Overgrowth, but it wouldn't be Mary.

Sample Post:

In. Out. In. And out. Mary wasn't really sure if she was breathing in oxygen or CO2 anymore. She assumed CO2, and that she wasn't technically breathing. Ever since her transformation she's wondered what exactly happened to her body, if she still had organs, and what they did now. But then the sun would come out and radiate her petal hair, and she would feel warmth and strength course from her head down to her toes, buried in the earth, and thoughts like that didn't seem important anymore.

Mary was standing in her backyard, stark naked, but not really displaying anything inappropriate. It couldn't really be called a backyard; it was just a square of earth meant to be a garden for the apartments she rented, but no one was interested in. No one but her. She had noticed this abandoned place and ever since her change she used it to have her private time in the beloved outdoors.

She had her arms outstretched now and they were growing so long. Her fingers split and diverged and leaves sprouted from them. The occasional gust of wind chilled her and she could feel a dense outer layer forming around her body to protect her. She knew this was weird but she didn't care. She knew she was a freak, but she didn't care. When she took in the light, and the water buried deep beneath the soil, nothing really mattered.

The day was winding down. She sighed and pulled her feet free of the earth, then walked back inside. Every time she returned indoors she felt more and more contempt for walls, for the very concept of them. There wasn't any other way to say it, though she had been hesitant to utter it out loud: she was becoming more intuned with plants than humanity.

So just to be clear, Mary's powers are over herself, not over other plant life?

Anyways I'm going to say Accepted.

I'm going to get the IC up tomorrow night or Friday night and for the time being I'm going to keep signups open.

Yay can't wait to be able to partake!

Reactions: Lord Wraith
Status
Not open for further replies.