ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious but how would your character be able to create a way out of other people's powers?
Going by X Men The Last Stand, my character Alexiana has a number of parallels between her and Jimmy (Leech) who is the origin of the mutant cure. Which would make her a natural enemy of anyone wanting to keep their powers.

@Olissa

She can't actually do that, that's the point. the preliminary results show that her genetics can 'neutralize' some of the heroes powers but it turns out it is instead poisonous.

Well just keep in mind there is an actual nullifier on the set too whose blood negates powers and burns upon touch :)

Keep up the discussion! I love it how you guys are building plots for your characters.

Hey, Maddeline are the same guys who experimented on your character going to do the same thing to mine once her transformation completes? And would she be subject to this "power cancelation" thing? Her abilities are more biological than energy based. Does that affect it or no?

Sorry, could probably just look on your character sheet but feeling lazy.

FYI, should it occur at a later stadium of the RP that Alexiana would go in battle mode she'll have syringes on her that have her blood in them. This is so she doesn't have to constantly cut herself and lose too much blood in a fight right away, but more importantly what it does for her. If she squeezes out the blood into the air she can use it as a projectile of sorts, sending her blood a longer distance than she can spray it on her own.
Aside from that (only used on NPC's!) she can stick the needle in some poor sap and inject that person with the contents, burning them from the inside out with no way to stop it till they're dead.
But due to Alexiana's personality, she's very unlikely to ever use this option unless she had no other choice. And at the beginning when she's just discovering her powers she will obviously not be using this technique.

Right, just so it's clear, my character can not discover her powers without the presence of someone else's powers. This means I would need to collaborate with someone in some way to be able to get Alexiana's powers noticed. (that's the major down side of this type of power XD)

I don't know about Maddeline's character, but Quiet One, chances are that if your character were to come into direct contact with Alexiana, the negation will manifest in one way or another. Not sure how, but if Jimmy/Leech from X Men is anything to go by, Hank's blue fur turned normal upon that kid's touch but returned to its blue state when they let go. Of course it can happen differently in this case, but that would probably have to be discussed then.

Okay that might work. I was thinking that Mary had some sort of plant/human DNA now, and that her powers were because the plant parts were active. Maybe when she renders Mary's powers inert, she just deactivates those genomes - which in theory could be what Leech did on a more molecular scale.

Sounds plausible to me

Yeah, but I don't see confrontation likely. Mary's not a very violent girl, and she grows even more passive as she becomes more plant-like. If a fight did occur though, you'd have to avoid getting hit by a tree long enough to neutralize her. Think Forest God in Hellboy II. Big, angry force of nature.

Considering Alexiana's personality, it's highly unlikely that she'd end up in a direct fight opposite someone like Mary :P but yeah, avoiding a tree almost sounds hilarious enough to try it XD

@Olissa
If there is a neutralizer in play, then maybe the samples will be mistaken. My characters DNA would act poisonous because it would replicate like a virus in someone's body- it would begin to spread if given the right chemicals/energy and by the time their T-cells fought back it would be like their whole body was compromised by infection and the immune system would go crazy but not be able to do anything about it.

@Quiet One
Corbin's abilities are based off of both- she requires chemicals to build herself up but does not require food for energy. If she pumped herself full of protein and fats, she would be good for days (since they would be used for chemical composition and not energy). That being said, I'm afraid that if her powers would be neutralized for too long she would die from radiation poisoning since her body surges with the radiation but doesn't release very much unless she is exerting herself.

The Phantom , purple

Name:
Hello, my name Is Marcus P West.

Nicknames:
Alot of people just call me Mark for short

Alias:
People around town have taken to calling me The Phantom

Birthday:
I was born 01/01/1989

Height:
I'm about 6'1 Last time i checked.

Weight:
If I were a girl I'd be insulted. I weigh around 186

Hair Colour:
It's all black baby

Eye Colour:
Sorry Man, Don't swing that way, But because you asked nicely, they're Grey

Appearance:
Wait are you blind? Your not well, Ok then. Let's see. I'm a rather tall man, not the tallest, with what most women would define as rugged good looks. I have a very fit and toned body, all thanks to my daily workout regiment. I spend a lot of time out in the sun, thanks to my Job, so I have a nice natural tan. I generally tend to wear plaid shirts, and blue jeans, but have been known to rock a t-shirt from time to time. On a side not not many people know this but when I was about 16 I got in a really bad car crash and a piece of the door to my car ran me through, so I have a scar just to the left of my belly button about two inches long and then one on my back about an inch to the left of my spine only about an inch long.

When I'm out on the town I wear something, well, a little different. I wear black cargo pants and combat boots as well as a form fitting black hoodie with a black kevlar vest over it. Along with that, which Is part of the reason I earned my name, I wear this mask.

Abilities:

Phase Shift- The ability to walk through solid objects. This ability can allow one to pull other objects through the solid object with them with enough concentrated effort. The ability also allows the user to evade incoming attacks by simply letting them go right through them. Example. If someone is running at him with a crowbar and takes a swing, He can simply phase shift and it will pass right through him, however if he doesn't see it coming His body will not do so automatically.

Sample Post:
"Marcus . . . . Marcus!" As soon as I noticed my name I turned my head to see the foreman walking over too me, which was never a good thing. I winced mentally before yelling back

"Yeah Boss!"

"You numbskull! Next time answer me the first time! Listen I need you to head over to Paulie's and get the schematics for the third floor wiring from him. He was supposed to have them finished and here today. But the damn prick got hit by a fuckin car!" Looking up at the fat bastard I called boss I couldn't help but Feel sorry for both me and Paulie for working for this tired old fuck. But A job is a job. I with a resigning sigh I stood up and muttered

"Sure thing Boss." I listened to him speel a couple more demeaning insults towards me before I finally got away and started towards Pualie's. It was only fifteen minutes away by foot so I figured I'd walk and avoid traffic, and work, as much as possible. I quickly popped in my headphones and cranked the music and it felt like no time before I was almost there. As I started to cross the street however I didn't notice the Bus headed right for me. I happened to glance over mere seconds before it was on me and all I had time to do was raise my hands and yell "Oh shit!"

The buss just passed right through me . . . Or I passed right through it. Either way, all I know is I was still breathing. At that point all I could think was fuck work I need a drink. As soon as I got home I grabbed a beer from my fridge and chugged it before finally leaning against the kitchen counter. Slowly I lifted my hand and examined it thinking to myself 'How in the world did I do that? Did I even do that? Could I do it again?" That's when I got a real stupid Idea. Slowly I turned around and looked at the kitchen counter then to my hand and just like that I thrust my hand into the counter and . . . Ouch! I nearly broke my fingers I hit the counter so Hard.

Just like that I was ready to give up. But thinking about the bus had me ready to try one more time. So I took a deep breath focused on my hand, closed my eyes and thrust it at the counter. I felt no pain this time. Slowly I blinked open one eye to see my arm half way into my counter! But it wasn't broken. "Holly Shit!" I quickly pulled my arm out of the counter before thrusting it back in grinning from ear to ear as I did it over and over before finally saying "I gotta see what Else I can do."

Sorry, I lol'd at the Heineken part Roman. I keep forgetting that they have that brand in the USA as well xD

I'm glad someone likes my posts! There's a lot of hivemind confusion going on with Justin right now. And I'm actually from the UK! Heineken is my second-favourite lager, after Peroni. Mmmm, so crisp.

Well the RP is based in the US, but yeah Heineken is all over the place, I guess in the UK too then. What's even funnier, it's considered a good brand in most countries, and here in the country of origin it's just a mediocre brand that just happens to be famous XD There are far better beers than that of Heineken.

Beers? Yes. Lagers? You'd be hard-pressed - most lagers are recommended 'served cold' because the temperature masks the flavour. Heineken and Peroni though...they just agree with me.

In any case, I needed something for Justin to mistakenly order based on what Justin2 was seeing - Heineken was the first draught lager that came to mind!

By the way... @Maddeline ... what would happen should my character and your character physically touch? (For the reference, Alexi's powers only work upon touch, or if her blood comes into contact with the power/user)

And @Roman I was planning on having Alexiana walk into a cafe, or bar, or something of the like, would that be alright if that is in a place where either one of the Justins are?

@Olissa
I'm assuming you mean her nullification power;
Well, until her powers came back, her body would begin releasing lethal radiation and her uranium organ (repurposed appendix) would get extremely hot and make her start sweating profusely until she could get her powers back.

Sure! Justin1 is waiting in the Green Fairy for GSW, so avoid him - go find Justin2, in an unnamed pub across town.

Status
Not open for further replies.