Five foot and four inches

Weight:
One hundred pounds

Hair Colour:
Extremely shaded Brown (Jet Black)

Eye Colour:
Dark brown

Background:
Corbin was an exchange student who was orphaned at a young age. Her original parents are unknown and the only memory she has of them is when they were killed by a suicide bomber in Indonesia who had escaped a local mental health institution. She felt no need to avenge her parents because she was too young to remember. She usually is a loner, spending most of the time exercising. While being interested in both genders, She doesn't date often, having been hurt many times from bad relationships. She is a former self harmer, and has many scars along her arms and legs to prove it. She is very sweet at heart, but often overplays herself and acts before thinking- often following primitive impulses before considering their consequence (such as being promiscuous with someone she barely knows or getting involved in a fight). She has little to her name, but did have a brief job in the national guard and is currently on reserves from said job.

Appearance:
Click Here for Corbin's appearance.
Corbin has brown hair and brown eyes. At 5'4, she is very short. At one hundred pounds, she is 20% body fat, which is pretty healthy for a woman. She has slight abdominal muscle definition and does occasionally weight train but prefers running (two miles a day). Corbin has several tattoos on her left side (Click Here).

Abilities:
Corbin possess extreme regeneration when in the presence of energy flow (any type of radiation). Upon getting really, really, angry, her skin will actually completely combust in radioactive flames. These flames can be concentrated into a 10 meter "cutting torch". She significantly loses her strength when going into this form and is reduced to almost nothing but radioactively charged muscle and spinal systems. It can take hours before her skin is back after such an event and a day for her eyes to return. To take away her ability to combust, simply remove the Uranium Sac located in her torso (where the appendix was). It will regenerate, but will buy the attacker valuable time to either escape or calm her down. When in her combustible form, she can slow her falls due to her body heat causing a change in the pressure around her.

Sample Post:
(Well, I'm assuming this sample post can be anything...so here I go. It's an excerpt from the final battle on another site so some of the context might be confusing)

Corbin landed on her knees, her armor turning red hot. Above her, Kesar stood laughing. The genetic abomination had similar powers- except he could fly. He and space godzilla were soul bonds...she was just merely bonded with Godzilla.
"What is the point of fighting, human? At the end of the day, the only way to kill us is to destroy our skulls but neither of us would let that happen...you like the combat. Don't lie. I can read your thoughts. You had forgotten all of how you and the earth dinosaur bonded from your trauma. You spent ten years trying to kill him- yet never wondered why you looked like you still got out of high school. Your rage for your girlfriend cheating on you caused the deaths of thousands at the human city of Tokyo. The military then took you in, and then you ended up on the otherside of the wormhole where I and my god simply beat you. You, have lost" the Kelcan general said smugly, turning his alien nose up at her. Across the canyon, the assault was failing. Mechagodzilla couldn't fight a Ghidorah and Gigan while Godzilla was fighting SpaceGodzilla.
Suddenly, she felt sharp chest pains as she watched large crystal spikes penetrate Godzilla's torso, pinning him to the canyon wall. Images of all those encountered flashed through her mind; General Otta who adopted her, Jessica who left her for another woman, Ocelot who died to get her safe from the monstrosities that they fought and then Jerome...who carried her bleeding body five miles through a radioactive sandstorm for her regeneration to kick in and save her...the countless soldiers she trained with...it was all about to be gone.
"No, Kesar...it's you who lose...because where you keep a level head in combat...we get stronger when the other hurts...and this billet could pass through your skull but Godzilla would still lose and so would we...so it's going through MINE!!" The Kelcan general jumped for her pistol, realizing the mistake. However, the wounded girl was faster. She put the end of the gun to her temple, and pulled the trigger.
Across the canyon, Godzilla wailed in pain. Crystals pinning him to the rocks by the torso, left knee cap and now by his right arm. Godzilla listened as his spacial counterpart cackled, lifting up more crystal spears with his telepathy. As the monster king closed his eye, unable to release an atomic breath without it being deflected, was ready to embrace death. He had held onto a good life- single handedly wiping out 20% of the human population and killing over twenty one monsters. But it was all to be lost...when suddenly, his rage bolstered ten fold. He wasn't going to FUCKING BACK DOWN. Why should he? He was the king of the GOD DAMNmonsters.
Godzilla let out a roar that shook the earth as the spears intended to kill him were being hefted and grown from the ground, aimed at his skull. With a night pull, godzilla freed his right arm. SpaceGodzilla launched his spears prematurely....With his arms free, the King was able to deflect those aimed at his head and then remove the ones that connected to his torso.
Then, seizing the opportunity as Space Godzilla collected himself, Godzilla gripped the largest spear in his chest. It took almost thirty seconds of tugging, but then the 35 meter spear was torn from him.
SpaceGodzilla looked up, and the last thing the crystal demon saw was his own spear going into his skull.
Godzilla completely decapitated his counterpart, and looked on as MechaGodzilla struggled against Gigan. With a mighty red spiral atomic breath, Gigan lost his left arm. The space Cyborg shrieked, and began to flee. Ghidorah took the hint, and began to flee as well.
Godzilla looked towards meechagodzilla, which simply turned to Ghidorahs back and opened it's chest to reveal the dimension tide, not the absolute zero cannon. With that, the three headed space dragon and the cyborg were absorbed in an artificial mini-black hole.
Godzilla looked at mechagodzilla, and roared into the air. Mechagodzilla, simply turned and released it's electrically charged wrist blades. A fight to the death, Winner takes all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Wraith, control of herself not of other plants. I originally thought of it being both, but figured that was too much power.

Yes, Wraith, control of herself not of other plants. I originally thought of it being both, but figured that was too much power.

If you'd like, you could likely develop it down the road depending on how the RP goes.

@Maddeline, Accepted!

I'll be for sure putting the IC up tomorrow at some point. I just finished planning out the first little bit so we'll see how that goes.

Yay! I just noticed other RPS I'm in are starting IC tomorrow too XD

I honestly wanted to know how similar to her original version I could make her-

For instance, her spine had tiny dorsal fins on them that were exposed when her skin combusted and when she used her atomic fire, her spinal column would glow blue through her skin.
Her coolest ability is having godzilla shadow her and kill anything that threatens her health but I have a feeling that godzilla can't fit into this too well.

I honestly wanted to know how similar to her original version I could make her-

For instance, her spine had tiny dorsal fins on them that were exposed when her skin combusted and when she used her atomic fire, her spinal column would glow blue through her skin.
Her coolest ability is having godzilla shadow her and kill anything that threatens her health but I have a feeling that godzilla can't fit into this too well.

Well I'm definitely going to have to deny Godzilla, that would be ridiculous and overly complicate the RP since he would need explaining where he came from and blah blah.

As for the rest of it, if you really want it go for it but remember your character isn't actually connected to Godzilla in this universe so you could always get creative with her instead of just giving her more of Godzilla's attributes.

Yep as soon as I'm home from work I'll get to typing it up.

Alright guys, the IC is up. Basically it's three days after the incident and you characters have just been dismissed from the hospital. You may discover your powers as soon as you wish, or you can prolong it from dramatic effect. It's up to you!

Awesome, I'll go over and post when I can :)

Looking forward to it!

@Noceur and @Roman, great posts so far guys!

Sorry, working on starting the IC on one of my own roleplays at the moment so I'll try and post once God Complex is up and running :)

There, managed to get a post in :) Hope it wasn't too bad.

How do you want me to start? With her transforming from a normal girl into the plant creature I described? Was thinking that would be a good start for my character.

Sounds good to me! Firsts post are basically in response to the accident. But I'm giving you the freedom to have your powers activate as quickly or slowly as you'd like.

@Stacey, are you still with us? If I don't hear from them soon I'll go ahead and post, otherwise I'm just trying to let everyone get a post or two in before I continue on. I'll need to start throwing some trouble your way sooner or later I guess eh?

Not quite sure what to do with Alexiana at this point, I could have her walk into a place where others are at the moment, or just have her continue on her lonesome like most others are at this point.

I was gonna suggest that maybe when everyone has a better understanding of their powers slightly, as they are still new to knowing it, they all are in conflict together and reveal each other's powers i don't know.

Or all meet up and reveal each other's powers. Or reveal their powers one by one leaving the characters confused about one another (IE stray dogs following Liam, your characters suspect him with powers, etc) then conflict arises slowly and soon all the characters join together now comfortable with revealing one another's powers -maybe not identity- and fight off the conflict. But they can't and are seen always disagreeing and arguing and talking over one another before 'breaking up' and maybe Liam can reunite 'the heroic group' by revealing his identity or something

I don't know, just ideas.

@Noceur

I was thinking of creating a "villain" with no powers (initially) who offers the heroes a way out of their powers using the DNA of another hero (*mine*).

A guilt by power sub-plot, sorta like X-Men three or whatever.
Maybe have it revealed to be poisonous and slightly impede some other heroes?
I'm just trying to find a way to get my character more involved, because unless you stick her in a microwave, nuclear power plant or in the middle of like a furnace or something, it's hard for her to have very many power that don't drain her drastically. That said, though, if a super intelligent character or rich one procured a nuclear fuel rod for her, she could probably stay extremely strong for quite a long time.

The only loop hole I can sort of exploit is that if she ingests large amounts of proteins, days and carbs, her regeneration system would allow her to pack on lean muscle and make her extremely strong for her small stature and weight- though not anything like super strength, just above average adult girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.