Abandoned by Time

"How did you find it" he asked, focusing himself on the little videogame device and
looking down at it and didn't bother being angry anymore, he was tired and disturbed
and he couldn't think straight into a place filled with so many memories...

"Was on a road trip. Remember that time I forgot to bring my notebook? Yeah," Matthew was talking about his travel journal. "That time, I was basically going nowhere, stopped to take a piss and found this handy little detour here." He went much slower now, the road seemed to have gotten rocky and he was worried about Cloud. "That's just it."

Cloud couldn't help but feel like he had been lied to, whom would have known that Matthew could just
randomly find such a place on a random road trip? Why a random road trip? what was he looking for
back then? ...and when was that? He didn't remember when had he forgotten that notebook and he
couldn't look into the back mirror, being on a particular scene of the game. "Just tell me when we're
there..." he mumbled, there was not a one place in this site in which the rain didn't leak, he knew it by
memory, even the tricky spots, everything.

"Have you been here before?" Matthew asked when Cloud seems to have just about had it with conversation. Matthew was already pretty confused. Sure, Cloud hated going out. But there's something not right about the way Cloud was keeping to himself now.

"Cloudy?" he called, trying to get the other boy's attention. "Are you mad at me?"

"Boss fight" he replied focusing more into the small gaming device and looked up
quickly at Matthew when he found the chance to pause the game "I've been here
before" he replied honestly "...A few times." he finished, but he went back to the
game, hoping his friend wouldn't ask any more questions.

"Really!" Matthew said, very surprised indeed. How in the world did he get all the way there? Matthew wondered. "It's pretty cool here when it's sunny, isn't it?" Matthew said, attempting to make small talk at least. "How did you go all the way there?" He couldn't resist asking.

He at first didn't want to respond, life was easy and happy with Matthew, but him, was sort of
a taboo topic for himself, he didn't want to talk about it and he also didn't want to even mention
it, but he thought-- hey, what the hell, he's my friend, right?...

"He ... Tyler, brought he me here a few times." he replied honestly.

That's it. Matthew thought. He pulled over and stared at the road.

He was really looking forward to this day. It was supposed to be the day he showed Cloud how nice it is to come out once in a while, but so far, it was going horribly. He had no idea what happened, but he sensed it won't be a good story for Cloud to tell. He peeked at the rear view mirror, watching his best friend. He'd much rather spend time with Cloud anywhere than make him sad just for a trip.

"I think we might run out of gas or something." He lied. "Wanna turn around and go elsewhere?"

"The tank is full, I can see it from here, ... what's with you suddenly?" he asked weirded out,
he put the console away and leaned in, was it something he had -- oh. Tyler. "...I'm sorry I
mentioned him but you asked" he averted his eyes. He didn't know what the problem was, but
talking about him always seemed to hurt Matthew more than it did himself and it was a frustrating
sight to witness. "We can still go ... it'll be dawn soon. Look at me, I'm relaxed." he pushed,
he even wanted this more than maybe his friend, he was relaxed, being distracted all the way
by his best friend had done wonders for his nerves.

"Oh," Matthew didn't stop the car and instead slowed down even more. "Cloudy," His voice was a gentle caress. "It's not that. I'm worried you won't have fun at all. We can probably do something else or go somewhere else before we go to the place. I mean it's raining hard." Which is awesome, adds to experience! "It's fine by me, you know. I..." He hesitated. "I want to see you smile..."

He shrugged-- feeling somewhat uncomfortable with that last statement, it wasn't a bad thing, but
for some reason he could swear he had heard that very phrase before. He at first didn't even reply
he just looked out the window and sighed softly lying down on his seat and closing his eyes. "Sure"
was all he said, he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore no matter how much he focused, so even
for ten more minutes he decided it would be fine to close his eyes.

"Sure?" Matthew was bewildered. "Sure...where? What?" The problem with Matthew is that he doesn't take hints, being a bit dense. "Uhh, Cloudy-"

He fell silent all of a sudden; in the corner of his eye, he saw-or he thought he saw something. He looked out again, wary. "Did you see something?" He kept his voice casual.

"Mm?" he asked as a response, pulling his eyes open by force and sitting up a little,
he looked out the windows and then at him, completely weirded out and yawned,
"I didn't see anything, you imagined it"

Matthew continued to stare out the window for a moment. "No, something was out there!" Another thing that got him in lots of trouble is his endless curiosity. He stopped the car for good, turned to Cloud and said "It could have been a person...in trouble!"

He got his seat belt off so he can look around more closely, "Cloudy, you think I should check it out or something?"

"Absolutely no!" he instantly reacted sitting up formally, he had just wanted to lie down for ten minutes...
"Just calm down and put back your seatbelt and let's move forward, it was maybe a sign or something"
he responded in retaliation, truth be told he was more terrified of the idea of him stopping in the middle
of the road than anything else.

"Right." Matthew trailed off, wondering to himself. Whatever was out there was definitely not a sign. His visual-spatial abilities was something he depended on, and his guts were telling him the same. Either way, he could almost read the fear in Cloud's eyes and decided to investigate on it later, perhaps.

Maybe that's what he gets for seeking what seems to be a haunted place?

With his seat belt clicked back on, he started the car and went on in the relentlessly pouring rain. They were already pretty close and he drove in silence for the rest of the ride.

It wasn't until they came to a demented gate when he let out a sound again.

"This is it." he was a little surprised that regret had tinged his voice.

"... We're here" he repeated in a heated tone, a roar of memories began to flood in and
fill him with a mix of dark emotions he couldn't possibly handle normally, the sun was
almost all out but the sky was still dark and grey and it was hard to make pretty much
anything out on the wild life infested area, it really had been a few years since he had
last been there, huh... He blinked and leaned back on his seat "... What now? Do we
wait for the rain to stop?"

"Well, there's a part I can drive into but after that we'll go on foot." Matthew went on driving a little slowly. "It's just at the uh." One of his hands opened the passenger's compartment and he rummaged while driving one-handed.

There was another seeming shadow, a rather huge and conspicuous one, that passed by and Matthew hit break so hard he bounced on his backrest. "What was that!" It wasn't a question, he was mostly shocked and was letting it out, but didn't feel scared. It seemed to have been an animal of sorts. Or so, he told himself.

tumblr_inline_mqtzw2HUD11qz4rgp.jpg