Abandoned by Time

Cloud instantly gripped on the front seat once he felt the strong hit, and just began to breathe
hardly, he didn't know what had just happened and he also didn't know how to react to what his
friend had just seen, since it had missed his eyes sight. "What was what...?" he asked, terrified
out of his mind.

"Uh. An animal I guess. A large ass crow maybe." Matthew said, his voice evenly measured. "Man, I should have taken a shot or something." he added, talking about his camera. He took pride in that camera of his and his fairly good skills.

He drove quietly and slowly, thinking that there could be other animals in the abandoned place. There were all sorts of buildings-or what was left of them- in varying degrees of ruin. He couldn't take time to observe the rest of his surroundings as he was a little hunched forward, leaning to see what he could from the darkness.

"Is that so?" he asked and pulled the string on the PSP console resting on his lap now, on pause and very much ignored now "I don't think that was an animal tough, it looked more like a person in a disguise" he responded, having unfortunately seen it too. "Come on Matthew, let's go somewhere open and wait there for the rain to stop ... Just don't go to the red bushes please" he commented, being rare of him to ask this kind of thing he still didn't stop at the moment of talking "That's a special spot for me and it'd be uncomfortable to think back to those days okay?"

"Red bushes?" Matthew said with genuine interest unfortunately conspicuous in how he tilted his head in wonder. He's seen a lot of flora and fauna in his travels and all of them kept him nicely interested. The mention of a red bush captured his interest, add to the fact that Cloud said it was special to him, Matthew was now interested and curious.

Because he respects Cloud and his decisions, Matthew decided not to continue that trail of thought. "I mean, uh. What do you mean disguise?"

A loud thump interrupted their thoughts and it was almost as though the car practically jumped. "I think we uh. Ran over something. A small boulder, I think." Matthew stopped the car. "It's getting real rough and it looks hella muddy."

"y.eah. ... they have red flowers all year so they stay red" his friend replied and averted his eyes a little
annoyed. But at the sudden screech and thump, he decided he had had enough of this "let's just stop alright?
we're alright here already ..." he asked, and looked away at the window to his left "...Matthew... Don't go
outside, must have been a cat or something and those attack people ... okay? Just stay here..." he asked,
shrugging.

"Coulda' sworn that was definitely a boulder." Matthew muttered to himself, struggling to drive straight. Upon Cloud's words however, he agreed and stopped the car, hunching again to see as much of what the headlights' beam could reveal. There was nothing more but mud at this point but there where blurry silhouettes of structures somewhere beyond.

"I think there's like, a crossroad from there." Matthew replied straightening up and impatiently tapping the steering wheel. "I do think there are creatures out there but as long as we don't harm them, they'll stay out of our hair you know." He said with a reassuring nod that seemed out of place. "If I'm not wrong, the map says there's an inn somewhere thataway." He added, pointing left.

tumblr_inline_mqtzw2HUD11qz4rgp.jpg

Cloud shrugged and followed his friend's comments, trying to not give importance to what was going on, he just didn't want
to leave the car after all, somehow he felt sick again and the world was starting to scare him again, and Matthew's
insistence
on saying things that were, overall, creepy, was seriously not helping him. "... Uh, if you want to we can- go see..." he replied
despite himself, finding a sour surprise at the fact he was not going to say that, as if his body had reacted agaisn't his own will.

Reactions: Banana-senpai
"I'd better drive to the inn." Matthew was strangely getting excited. It's a bit of a downside, but danger gets his adrenaline pumping all the wrong ideas in his overly adventurous head. "Can't leave the car here now, can we?" He said with a very wrongly placed glee.

Things are finally about to happen. To Matthew who seeks experience and adventure, this was definitely the thrill he wants. He had nearly forgotten who he was with as he had gotten overly comfortable with the situation. He started the car and drove a little in a careful speed. "You okay there? You look like you saw a gho-uh a weird thingy."

He shivered a little and held onto himself and gripped to his arms and leaned agaisn't his seat, had
he been deceived by himself? Or had his mind just toyed with him? His eyes closed and he shuddered,
again he was feeling almost extreme panic and his stomach felt like it was wrenching. "ah... Matthew"
he tried calling but his throat kept crashing out and he coughed. He couldn't talk at all.

Not so long after that turn, Matthew stops the car again. "Whoop. Were' here, Cloudy."

He turned to his companion and was surprised, even if he had somewhat foreseen this. "Hey, let's go in and make ourselves warm." He unbuckled the seat belt so he could turn to Cloud. "You can go in, I'll be the one to bring our stuff, no worries."