Abandoned by Time

He did notice the over-enjoyment on the older youngster, but he couldn't give it
a free pass just yet, at least being it so early "I imagine we're leaving today" he
responded before taking the last sip of the bitter drink and only frowning at his
mug. "I need more coffee" he mumbled and walked all the way to the kitchen to
get some more, and, luckily for him, it was still warm. "What will you do so I don't
pass out when I set a foot outside the door?" he asked sitting on a chair by the
window, his favorite chair.

"I've got it covered!" There was a little too much life in Matthew's voice now. "You can read, you can play a game, or you can wear sunglasses!" he was bouncing beside Cloud.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose angrily and just looked at him from the corner of
his tired looking eyes. "The last time I tried going outside I had a mixture between
a panic and an anxiety attack. I don't think that could make me stop from panicking
you know." he replied, placing his mug aside and staring at it for a moment.

"Uh," Matthew looked outside. "I parked my car really close to the door. You can make it there, right?"

He shrugged. "..." He sighed once more and walked away into his room again. "Then I guess I'll get
ready for now ... just don't bother me anymore okay?" he requested, walking away into his room
and locking the door behind him.

"Are you mad at me, Cloud?" Matthew said, sounding a bit sad. He doesn't call his roommate by his name properly unless he's serious.

Cloud however didn't even reply, truth was that he was sitting on the ground with his back
agaisn't the door and he was hugging himself. Going outside... he couldn't imagine it, not
since the day of the accident, he couldn't handle it, and even tough he was trying to grasp
at himself and tell himself that he was okay, that he'd be with Matthew, he couldn't really
control himself fully, shivering madly and aching all over already.

"I won't leave you." Matthew promised quietly. There was something else stuck in his throat that he really wanted to tell Cloud, but maybe on the right time.

He looked up softly at the wall in front of him, on the side where his bed sat, the picture hung over his
NIRVANA and KoRN posters, that picture of that day, the most valuable thing he held... Matthew's voice
reached him but he didn't open the door or turned back. He already knew about that. He nodded to himself
and took out only his backpack, packing some medicine he needed on a daily basis to function, some
clothes, took his coat and hung it by his bed and some other small personal items. Then he went back
to his computer, and didn't go out during the entirety of that day.

"Are you ready?" Matthew asked, excitement strained for Cloud's sake. He knocked softly on Cloud's room. "Cloudy?"

((I was keeping this to myself, but I can only contribute with as much text as you give me, and it's starting to become frustrating to only get one liners, because it's getting harder and harder to write... I'm sorry I just needed to let this out. ))

Cloud at first didn't react to the young man's calling, it was midnight and he felt half dead
already, he had been nervous and anxious the whole day and was now just lying on his
bed, his eyes set on the wall, one of the four he felt always kept him safe from the dark
horrible ugly self the outside world was, and he didn't want to go out. Still... he had already
agreed to do so... he had no way out. He heard the knocking and turned his head, he then
rolled off his bed and placed on his hiking boots, his militarized jacked and his headphones
around his neck, then his backpack. He opened the door slowly. He looked terrible, but also
determined to not let Matthew down. "I'm ready..."

It got really confusing, so I'm kind of feeling around in the dark at the moment. I think I screwed up somewhere because I couldn't keep up. Sorry.

Matthew took Cloud's backpack from him. Cloud simply looked so crushed, as if he was sentenced to the gas chambers. No, that's exaggerated. Matthew thought, but nevertheless started to think twice about the trip. He shrugged on the backpack, his own was on his other shoulder. "It's gonna be a long ride, take a nap alright?" He said with a smile, trying to lighten Cloud up.

((I don't blame you to be honest... I have the same issue all the time ahah. What I do is explain what my characters are feeling fully and that usually helps me))

He blinked when Matthew took his backpack, blinking but shrugging at the gesture, he listened
and then turned to his left, closing his bedroom's door and locking it with a key. Ignoring his
friend's comment for some reason. "I always sleep anywhere" he commented casually, but it
was true, back when he was in school everyone knew him as the 'sleep-anywhere-kid' for his
'ability' to fall asleep in any kind of place. "Let's just go" he said, and walked past Matthew and
toward the front door, standing one meter away from it as soon as he reached it. Frozen.

Matthew watched Cloud as he strode past, almost calling after him as if to warn him. But what about? Cloud seemed to be petrified at the sight of the door. Matthew figured he'd lead the way or something, just to let Cloud know he's safe.

Matthew walked over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Come with?" He said softly, opening the door and getting out first. "I'll be right beside you."

He flinched feeling that hand, but seeing it was just Matthew he breathed deeply. He stared at the door
with distressed eyes and took a step forward, and then another, and by the time his hand was touching
the doorknob he was already shivering like a little plastic bag in the wind, he wanted to scream, cry and
run to hide in his bedroom but there was no turning back now, he turned it and let out a gasp of breath.
He quickly stepped outside with his eyes shut closed and then slowly opened them to stare at the hallway
wall. He froze.

Matthew stepped in front of Cloud. "It's all good." He said reassuringly. "Do you want me to stay close?" He tried to read Cloud's eyes, but they looked kind of empty. Perhaps it was a bad idea. Perhaps he should just give up. Matthew was starting to let the doubt in.

He jolted again once he heard his friend's voice, his heart actually skipped a beat, he shrugged and stared
directly into his eyes with an obviously stressed out glance, he couldn't really stand it, just being on the hall
was making him shiver like a frightened child and he was completely nervous, and the now obvious doubt
on the eyes of Matthew wasn't helping but to make him even more determined to wreck his worst fear. "...
....Yes" he only replied, forcing himself with all his might to walk away and look like he was normal. Inside
the struggle was so great, his entire chest hurt badly.

Matthew scanned Cloud for signs that he might faint. Cloud was walking robotically forward, probably not noticing the car was pretty close. Or, Matthew thought, it's pretty close to me, miles away to him. Matthew walked a little ahead of Cloud, his long and easy strides enabling him to catch up pretty quick.

"Hey." He called. He held out his hand. "We're in this together."

((I thought we mentioned they live in a 5th floor apartment building?))

He sighed and opened his eyes, staring at the vehicle and just walking a steady pace toward it
trying to not let his mind affect his thoughts and feelings, more than it already was, then there
was Matthew's insisting, it didn't bother him as much as they comforted him and let him feel a
little better. "...ugh" he felt sick when he touched the car's door handle. "ah..." he breathed out.

"There's sandwiches and bentos at the back. Oh and energy drinks and other stuff..." Matthew trailed off, feeling a strange deja vu-like thought pass his mind. It wasn't deja vu, on the second thought. More like a sinking feeling, cliche as it seems. He looked closely at Cloud. Then everywhere. He shrugged it off. Worry, probably?

It started to drizzle. The small droplets against the slightly lit road wasn't much of a bother. In fact, Matthew liked soft rain. But it didn't get any softer. Soon, the sprinkles of soft drizzle became full on rain.