Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below

Due to energetic sign ups in this interest thread...
SIGNUPS ARE NOW INVITE ONLY ;_;

Though people who pre-ordered will be allowed in still.

If you're really interest feel free to still mention it here, and you'll get pinged if a spot opens up. But We can't really take anymore characters with the current load.

Thank you for stopping by and showing interest nonetheless!

This is the Interest Thread for the JRPG Style Party Adventure: Ken no Matsuri. Where you play a character whom is a part of a party that embarks on an adventure that will change the world. Ken No Matsuri shamelessly is inspired by the Tales of Series, and many elements of that series can be seen here.

Interested in an Rp where you can RP out a JRPG? Like the idea of having a multitude of options to develop relationships with other characters on the side? Enjoy a system that awards players who are involved, and a world that will be shaped by the events and actions you take in this RP for installments to come?

Then read on! Feel Free to Ask Questions if anything piques your interest.

It's also worth noting that dice will be used in the RP as well as in signups. But because Ehb is a skrub, the dice system used in this RP is very simple.

• Victory Quote Gag Annendums
    These are the victory gags that have been made up as part of people filling out PLAN sections. Do not that these are a part of the CS now, so please do complete them! (You don't have to include the descriptions, they're just there so you can understand how they wanted you to reply.

'Our Weapons Are...!' Victory Quote:
    Quote that starts with Tsubaha. See Video.

'Did you see me...?!' Victory Quote:

Quote that starts with Tsubaha. See Video.

'The path to victory is... !' Victory Quote:
    Quote that starts with Kei. See Video (see: 0:16-0:23)

'Your Name is Black...': Victory Quote.
    Quote That seems to involve Black. He says: "It isn't obvious? Black Weapons, Black Clothes, Black Tail?"
    (So, Black's name isn't conventional, but the naming process was not all that complicated for the simpleton) - ShiroKiyoshi

"None Can Escape my Fist!' Victory Quote:
    Quote that starts with Rumiko saying: 'None Can Escape My Fist!'. Characters reply after.

"Shhhh! What's that?" Gag Victory Quote:
    Quote that involves Yu. Who says: "A...treasure chest?"
    Umu, the joke is basically one about random loot popping up from the bodies of the dead, mixed in with Yu Ri's paranoia about even MOAR combat encounters occuring if they don't keep going. - ERode

'Saburo Shanzhai, A mighty and powerful...' Gag Victory Quote:
    Quote that starts with Saburo. He says: "Saburo Shanzhai! Shanzhai Sabaro! A mighty and powerful King!" and characters respond after.
    Inspired from the quote from the link.

'I can pull my own weights' victory quote:
    Quote that starts and ends with Runara. Who says: "See!? I can pull my own weights, I'm not a burden!" (then, after everyone) "You guys are mean..."
    The joke is that Runara would tell everyone that she's not a burden that everyone have to drag her around. And everyone would probably have some either forced/lazy/somethingsimilar approval or some kind of witty/blunt disapproval. And I'm guessing (90% sure) it will be heavy on the disapproval side. Thus the ending part - LD

'Casualties in battle..'
    victory quote.
    Quote that starts and ends with Tsubaki, who says: "Casualties in this battle..." (then, after everyone) "One too many..."
    The gag aims to remind the party on the lives that they have taken either for their own agendas, or for their own survival. - Miya
    Inspired from the quote in the link.

'Cleanup Crew?' Victory Quote.
    Quote that starts with Noriko, who says: "Have you guys ever wondered who cleans up the mess after our fights?".
    A quote stemming from Noriko's curiosity of what ever happens to the bodies of opponents after the group has defeated them. Do they (the ones who weren't killed) just get up and leave, do they just vanish into thin air? Or is there a dedicated group, a secret society, or a creepy cult out there that cleans up after their mess?- Accelerator

'I'm not a fan of long scary things.' Victory Quote
    Quote that starts with Nanami. who says: 'I'm not a fan of long, scary things.'
    Fits with her distaste for snakes. - Akashi

'Victory Belongs to the most...." Victory Quote
    Quote that starts with Yuan. He says "Victory belongs to the most..." and characters respond after with something unexpected, much like the quote in the link. - Psyker Landshark

Obvious Captain Planet reference Victory Quote
    Quote that starts and ends with Rizen, who says: "Superfriends assemble! Let's combine our powers!" (After 1 Noun Replies) "By your powers combined... *Kamen Rider henshin pose* I am Captain Rizen!" *cue background explosion*
    The joke is that you can insert any noun inbetween such as "Table", "Alarm clock", "Broomstick", "Beefsteak", etc. and the following dramatic explosion would have those items mixed in (eg. explosion of dog turd) so be creative and put in stuffs you want to see explode! - Love
    See video for reference.

'What to cook when we return...Hm?' Victory Quote
    Quote that starts with Utashou. Who says: 'What to cook when we return...Hm?' Characters reply with suggestions (or demands). Utashou finishes off with an exasperation. "Ah... Well I'll see if I can do all that." - Asuras

• Signup Cut Offs - Apr 14th
    In Character Start - Apr 7th (Depending on Overall Progress Speed)

Character Sheets Progress:

Males/Female Ratio - 6/7
    Currently Accepted Cast Size: 15 + GM

@Ehb - Tsubaha Mori - Twin-Swordstress (Example Base)
    @RedArmyShogun - Rumiko Mitsurugi - Miko Fighter (Accepted)
    @LowDefinition - Runara Blazeheart - Dancing Fighter (Accepted)
    @Rithas - Saburo Shanzhai - Whip Magician (Accepted)
    @Karyra - Kei Daidouji - Knife Assassin (Accepted)
    @ShiroKiyoshi - Black NIghtingale - Heavy Fighter (Accepted)
    @Skyswimsky - Ran Yiban - Grinning Ruffian (Accepted)
    @Luma - Lan Yiban - Magic Crossbowyer (Accepted)
    @ERode - Yu Ri - Heavy Assassin (Accepted)
    @Psyker Landshark - Yuan Liwei - Bandit Swordsman (Accepted)
    @Asuras - Utashou Hokoa - Naginata Spearwoman (Accepted)
    @Love - Rizen - Traveling Fighter (WIP)
    @Accelerator - Noriko Amagawa - Swordsman (WIP)
    @Zombehs - Haruki Rinko - Yari Spearman (WIP)
    @Miya - Tsubaki Hanejima - Draw-Swordstress (Accepted)

• Resources Links:

• Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Do I Need to Detail out ALL of my Techs and Extensions even though the extensions are locked?
    A: No, you can just fill out the required base techs.

Q: Can I list out my techs assuming I filled out all of the Extra Stuff (thus gaining the mastered tech, and the extensions unlocks?)
    A: No, you will be asked to correct them. This is because there is no guarantee on my end that you will complete the extra items.

Q: Do I require the cut in for the Mythic Tech once I unlock it?
    A: Yes, it is required. (See: Battle Mechanics: Using Tech)

Q: C-can I still sign up here even though I didn't 'Pre-Order'?
    A: Yes. Please just follow the Sign Up Process and you're good. Provided you do it and get it ok'd by @Ehb before the cut off date on the 14th.

Q: When do you look over sheets?
    A: I will assume you are still working on your sheet until you tag me. If I request changes be made, I won't look over your sheet again until you tag me again once you've finished addressing those changes.

Q: Do I need to fill out every 'Relationship', even the ones that are dubiously still very, very, WIP looking?
    A: Please try to fill out as many relationships as you can and continually keep them updated. If you're noticeably short of relationships when you request a CS validation, you will be asked to complete it.

Q: Are the elements limited to just the 4 basic ones? What about lightning, ice, etc?
    A: During the time of the RP Elemental control is in it's infancy. So for continuity reasons, items such as ice and lightning are considered 'advanced' elements that are tied to a particular base element that can only be conjured by particularly skilled persons. This means you can have lightning moves, however they cannot be used in a 'base' tech.

• Forward

I heard you were still practicing out here even after your Teacher Died.
    No one's here to praise you for it, so why are you still so Dilligent?
    Is it because you can't accept that he's no longer here...?

Or, do you really believe in that nonsense of a sword style that the old man taught you?

My darling little sister mastering the style used by the hated enemy.
    How fitting for you, Tsubaha.

====================================================

-=[ Hex-B Presents ]=-

"You understand that that bastard child is a blight on the Mori! For goodness sake, why do you let her out of the house!?"

"I know that I'm not wanted by anyone."
    "But with these swords in my hand, at least I can be someone who's avoided out of fear rather than being hated for who I am."

"Migrants and Non-Migrants were destined to clash the moment those invaders decided to come knocking on our doorstep! They're here to destroy our homes, our families, and our culture!"
    "You're wrong! We don't have a place to call home anymore!"

"The Shang Kingdom paid for their arrogance by having it's army soundly defeated by the so called migrants they looked down upon so much. So now, we're feared. Isn't that a better alternative?"

"The Sword Festival in these past decades has forgotten the martial discipline that it once commanded. Therefore, I decree that this year we shall hold a tournament in honor of Swordmaster Lee!"
    "Those who manage to emerge victorious will be granted their wishes, but more importantly, a place of honor in the Shang Army!"
    "Together, we will smash back the enemy into the ash!"

"Sorry. It's survival of the fittest in a place like this. People win and people lose. A life for a temporary advantage. There's nothing wrong with that at all."

"So I guess we've all been tricked. But, we're still here. There's a chance for us to turn things around but in order for that to happen, we'll have to work together."

"I know I was lying to myself back then. I was just so... desperate to get back at them."

"You're standing before the Shogun. Speak with insolence and I'll have you cut down here!"

"The truth is... no one can run away from Demon Crown. No one... We were doomed the moment the Pilgrimage failed...!"

"Would've guessed you'd pull something like this."
    "I guess you really do take after Great Grandmother, you damned traitor!"

"Resounding Blades, Cry Indignant and Strike My Foe!
    "Feel My Fury!"

Aachen Rizen Compile
    Ken no Matsuri

...!
    What are you...?

That sword style of yours, It's called Ikkikari, right?
    Well then, how about it?
    Your Ikkikari Style versus my Jiao Style.

...it's a sister's job to set the other one straight, after all!

Introduction:

Greeting Everyone! Ehb here!
    Building upon the positive base that the one shot: Hymn of Origin, inspired: enter Ken No Matsuri. Taking place decades after the tragedy that befell our party in the previous installment comes a world that is reeling from the failure of that journey. The people that depended upon that journey's sucess are now without a home, and at odds with their neighbors, whose lands they took refuge in. This erupted into a devestating battle that now leaves the kingdom scrambling for new recruits. They look to the east in the Jiaojing province - about to hold it's annual Festival of Swords. This is where our story begins.

Ken No Matsuri's story structure is simple. Players travel in a party to save the world, and on they way they fight against a myriad of foes. In battle, your characters perform combos that damage and eventually defeat foes. As the RP progresses, your character can upgrade those combos to inflict more damage. People who post more will be able to accumulate more upgrades for their character.

On the surface of the IC, Ken No Matsuri is indeed simple. However, there exists a multitude of optional aside options, such as 1v1 collabs, Skits, and Larger Collabs that allow for deeper character and relationship development between party members. These optional items also have incentives that assist with upgrading characters, or even allow characters unique support and battle abilities to show the strength of their bonds in battle.

All entries in the Aachen Rizen Series occur within the same universe. Make your mark in history in this Epic Journey in 'The Rp of Links and Convictions That Will Change The World'

And, here's Theme Music As Always!

In a Nutshell:

Aachen Rizen Compile - Ken no Matsuri
    After being betrayed at the start of the sword festival, journey with Tsubaha Mori as the party braves the dangerous and cutthroat Festival of Swords. Beyond that, face a world of two peoples on the brink of annihilating one another, and beyond that, challenge a force that threatens to destroy Migrants, Non-Migrants, and all living beings in between. Embark upon this journey to find the answer to save both the Shang Kingdom and the Tousawa Migrants as your party faces off against many foes and conflicting agendas that are marching the world to destruction.

Strengthen your skills and your bonds with your party members to perform better in battle. See this tale through and you may find your place of honor in history!

• Summary
      • Format: Group RP
      • RP Type: Fantasy World, RPG Party Adventure, Incentivized Character Development
      • Expected Post Rate: 1 Per Week or more
      • Target Cast Size: 6, Max 9. (Leeway May Be Allowed During First Signups)
      • Character Limit: 1
      • Mandatory Secondary Communication: Discord Server
      • Signups Opening Date: Invite Only

The First Release: Basic Stuff!

"The ring in the heavens is the platform from which the gods observe all creation. Indeed, the Skybelt that sifts aloft in the unreachable ether is the very edge of Aachen itself."
    - The Skychronicle, Edmund Potter of Calastapool
    Rizen_Banr.jpg

The World of Aachen Rizen Compile: Kenno Matsuri

This Section details out world information that is available to the characters in the process of character creation. Note that this lore section is meant to be more of a framework, not so much as a limiter to people's creativity. While large things such as races and factions are defined, smaller things such as character families, other towns and their individual cultures, the vast emptiness of the world not cannot be covered in one writing, is something that I encourage you help to fill out, and make your character's story a part of the world itself!

Rizen

The Mortal Plane that the RP takes places in.

In the scope of this RP, the stories of this world are told through the views of the three Major Sentient Species who reside upon Rizen. The Sapiens, Saefarians, and the Doven of the world - who exist with one another in a relatively uneasy peace. Contact between these races are often sparse; and even then, factions within the same races are oft even more distrustful of one another than the other races! The conflict between the Tousawa Migrants and the Shang Kingdom is one such example of this.

Ehb's Lorebuilding Guide, and the various races of Rizen are very loosely drawn from historical periods. In general, the inspired cultures are drawn from whatever nation it's said to be inspired from as it existed prior to our world's C.E. 1000. I.e. the Early Middle Ages of Europe.

Aachen

A heavenly realm that is said to be home to the gods who control the natural forces that shape Rizen. Using the Natural forces of Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water, the gods are believed to bring about blessings and disasters.

Some mortals choose to plea to the gods through prayer and ceremonies. During the time 'Kenno Matsuri' Prayer and Faith is more akin to a local tradition serving the purpose of hailing a harvest or greeting coming spring rains, as none of these local traditions have yet to evolve or spread far enough become a recognizable religion as of yet.

Races
    The World of Rizen is Inhabited by Three Major Sentient Races. The Comparatively young Race of Sapiens, the Advanced and Isolated Saefarians, and the Curious and Roving Doven Respectively. Each one more or less indifferent to each other's internal happenings during this time period.

"Noblest of Swords, Weave Through All Injustices, and Strike Down Evil!" - Tsubaha Mori
    Tsubaha_Banr.jpg

Races: Sapiens

Sapien Race in General

These tribes primarily reside in the interior of the continent.

While physically similar to the Saefarians, they are are much more attuned to the natural forces of the world and live out comparatively simplistic lives - and are able to sense when natural forces are shifting. While all Sapiens are able to sense the natural forces at work, with some training, some Sapien are capable of controlling these forces, dedicating their lives to the mastery over their most attuned element.

The average Sapien lives for about 40 or so years. Most deaths are caused due to sickness given the rudimentary lifestyle of tribesmen as well as the sometimes unforgiving climates they live in. The Shang Kingdom, despite being quite advanced for a Sapien Tribe nation, was still subject to this same sort of lifespan for the average person. Though Shang Nobles from the time were recorded living up to 50 years in some cases.

The story of 'Kenno Matsuri' is a tale that exists primarily in the Sapien Written Histories. Thusly, Player Character Races Are Set this Sapiens by default. Sapien character backgrounds are also more diverse due to the context of the story.

"Fiery Coals that erupt into a firestorm to consume my foes in a conflugration with no end!" Skorch
    Skorch_Banr.jpg

Races: Saefarians

Saefaerian Race in General

The Saefarians are one of the three major sentiment races that exist in hierarchical cities located on the coasts of the continent.

Saefarians and Sapiens are near indistinguishable from one another by appearance. However a common trait in Saefarians is Elongated and Pointed ears. Saefarians have no affinity for the natural forces, however they possess a developed culture and have a rich history in the workings of the world. Saefarians are able to manipulate the natural forces somewhat mechanically by way of Runic Stamps.

In an age before the Sapien Races Appeared, the Saefarians warred with the Doven for control of the continent. This massive war brought the world to the brink of destruction. After the conflict, the once sprawling Saefarian Race ended up being concentrated within the safety of their towering cities. Delving into a array of independent and isolated city states. At the time ofe 'Kenno Matsuri' the Saefarian Race are in the very middle of what they'd eventually call The Age of Isolation.

Players can optionally select a Saefarian as a character race. Though it's worth noting that the Saefarian context of the story is primarily to those Saefarians that were mapping out the Shang Region from the Hierarchical City of Calastapool at the time.

"An Instance of Clarity, Honored Fang, Reap into my enemy...!" - Sarif Nohollow
    Sarif_Ico.jpg

Races: Doven

Doven Race In General

The 'Ear'd Ones'. Physically distinct from Saefarians and Sapiens due to their much larger and developed ears and tail. The Doven excels in physical prowess as well as their naturally hardy nature. Living in certain sacred forests or in the interiors of mountains in the continent. The Doven have had a long history.

Doven Society is very laberous. Every Doven lives life based on the three stages. The first stage is youth. Starting from after they are able to walk the young are put to work and are made to do tasks such as mining, agriculture, or other simple tasks appropriate for them. After 40 Years, the Doven individual is allowed out of the mountains, and is tasked with trade or to engage in war. Finally at 50 yeas and onward, the Doven retire back into the Citadelic city performing a learned trade such as craft or governance of younger Doven. In short, the Doven live long and very productive lives, most of which is spent within their Citadelic Cities.

Doven, like Sapiens, are able to inherently control the natural forces. This is done through their special ears/horns as well as the occasional tail. It is worth noting, however, that their control over the Natural forces is also dependent on those special appendages. Should a Doven with horns have one of those horns sheared off, for example, that Doven would have their Force Manipulation severely handicapped as a result. The Animalistic Features of Doven can vary widely. However, Doven mostly identify from which Citadelic City they hail from, rather than what sort of Animalic Feature they posses.

Doven posses the longest lifespans of the races presented here. Living to around 100 or so years. It's worth nothing that Doven society 'retires' kin who live to 60 years to lighter work - most notably, many become the craftsmen who create the curious and remarkable trinkets and machinations they are capable of producing.

• Forward:
    The Year is 1960.
    Last year, the United States won the Space Race by being the first country to put a man on the moon and safely bring them home. The Country is aflare with the enthusiasm of the event. However, while many young boys dream to someday become astronauts and cross the cosmos like the Apollo mission, young girls and women alike have found a new obsession that has been sweeping the nation.

Starlets, who sing and dance for you, shine brightly upon the stage! With the rise of Television in these Fifty States, people at home are glamouring over the enchanting songs and energetic performances that these young gals give! In this decade, American Magazine "Clock" Immortalized this era with their famous line:

" While our country's space program makes for the stars, these countless young starlets sing as they reach for them! This year shall hail the Golden Age of The Great American Eye-Doll! "

Eye-_Doll_Phenomenon.jpg

"The Rp Where You And Me Are Gonna Dazzle The Stage So Splendidly!"

"Hi There! I'm your super cute and talented mentor, Candie!"

"I know, Candie is just a stage name, but I think it's really cute so you can just call me that! (Writers Note, Please Do Not Start RPing in this Thread) You've done a lot to get here to become an Eye-Doll, but let's not kid yourself, it's hard work and it's not over yet! If you follow the steps and work real hard, then you can become super successful just like me!"

General
    "Eye Doll Phenomenon is an RP that is composed of a set of players who run Month Long 1v1 Collaberation Threads. It's set in the 1960s in the United States - a time when the Japanese are also experiencing a similar thing going on with girls that they call Idols. The Goal of each thread is to work together to create a new song. Things from brainstorming, writing, recording, and most importantly getting over your own faults and outside issues is what shall decide whether the new tune'll be a smashing hit or an all out bust! So, lets go over some basic stuff!"

Players - Starlets

"Every Eye-Doll has to start out somewhere, right? Just because you got through that audition doesn't mean you're worthy of the title yet. You'll have to release at least 1 gold label song before Clock starts calling you anything but a Starlet! But that's okay, I believe that you'll be able to get over your personal troubles, and outside troubles to make an awesome song! Be sure to practice hard, and if it gets real good, you can participate in a show and show off your moves. That's my favorite part! ❤"

Players - Producers

"Producers are the really serious looking guys in suits that are always sitting in their whirly chairs all day. But you actually do want a serious looking one to work for, since the goofy or uncertain looking ones tend to be really bad at what they do! Producers help you write songs and set you up with gigs and their venues. There's a whole lot of Starlets out there, so be sure to work hard and nurture your relationship with your producer. Be super nice by doing something like.... Bringing him his coffee and putting two sugar packets in it instead of one!"

Goal

"Your Goal is to release the best possible song that you can. This is affected by the quality of your performance, how things go during your one on one time with your producer, and how popular your song ends up being when it's released to the public. You can also sabotage your fellow starlets by discreetly throwing obstacles in their way. Though be careful, they can do the same to you! When your song is released, it's evaluated by how hard you worked, as well as how many votes it gets over the other songs on the top charts. More votes equals more popularity and revenue, increasing your Star Score! Hitting the highest Star Score will make you an undisputed Eye-Doll. And it's all uphill from there!"

"Anyway, that's the basics. We'll go into more detail as we go on, so don't fall asleep yet! In fact, let's go ahead and doll you up! I may not look like it but I'm really good at stuff like that. You may not be an Eye-Doll yet, but I'm darn sure that I can make you look just like one! After that we'll set you up with a producer who at least looks competent! But after that... the rest is up to the two of you!"

"So let's go, Aspiring Starlet~!"

• In A Nutshell:
      • Format: Unified 1v1 RP 'Competitive Universe' with 1 Month Time Limit
      • RP Type: Retro Setting (1960s), Idol, 1v1, Competitive, Musical, Popularity Voting
      • Expected Post Rate: 1 Month Long Collabs
      • Character Limit: 1
      • Signups Opening Date: April 1st, 1960

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RedArmyShogun
>1960
Am I late to join?

Can my character be an assassin with yakuza connections? She can rise to the top by having her thugs make all the other starlets unfit for marriage. Victory via everyone else being disqualified and all.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Asuras
Claiming best Idol Nico. Fite me.

*Considers the Calendar date in Asia*

FAKE NEWS 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB.

I would like to be producer chan though, my sad, sad, soul may finally know some joy.

Last edited:
Whaaaat, the idol thing was just a joke? smh Ehb I already made a character for the idol RP >:(

Yeah, I'm in, what I bothered making the sheet for. Just point me where ta post it when it's time.

As to the idol RP, maybe, can't say for sure would have to see what it was later in a true form.

Last edited:
I'm interested in playing. Sounds like we will have a blast

Im interested in this. Will get a more in depth look later on.

EDIT: I did it.

Last edited:
Interested in this, will start working on stuff.

>The idol RP turns out to be bull

I know people are afraid of me stealing all the fangirls when I make my super ikemen idol prince.

Anyway, tinkering stuffs now.

Expressing interest. :P

Definitely interested :insert_moji_here:

Right! I'm overjoyed to see people are interested! Therefore, I should probably go ahead and push to character sign ups before too... many... get interested.

This post details out how to go through the sign up process.
As some know, some people have already what I'll call 'Pre-Orders'. Everyone whose done that, plus the new people who've posted in the thread up until now will be guaranteed in on the RP, provided they can successfully get their Character Sheet Okayed. So then, let's get started!

Be forewarned, Ehb CS's are somewhat notoriously hard to complete through. So please be sure to read through the info provided carefully before asking questions!

How To Join! Signup Process
Joining the RP is, like always, a three step process. (though there is a 4th step too for extra stuff that's incentivized)

• Step 1: Post and Roll!
    Make a Post here, in this signup thread. You'll include this basic information:

That's right, just your character's gender. This is because if you choose to let dice decide your character's Race, that may affect the sort of name you'll want to give them!

Next, let's roll some dice!
    These dice rolls will decide certain important things about your character, as well as their proficiency.

Roll a 4 Sided Die a total of 4 Times.
    If you really want to, roll it a 5th Time to decide another important thing for your character!
    You can also roll it a 6th Time to decide yet another important thing for your character!

Note: If you're unhappy with your first set of rolls, you're allowed ONE Re-Roll. Make sure to choose 'THROW A DICE' from the drop menu instead of 'THROW ANOTHER DICE' so that those rolls won't be merged with your first rolls. In the end, you will have to pick between your first roll set or the re-roll set.

Preorders:
    If you went through Pre-Orders, instead of rolling dice in your poll, you need to provide a Link to your rolls in the special thread, and you must screenshot the roll(s) you made and put them somewhere in there. Preferably towards the top. Ehb will ONLY Accept Rolls made in the Interest Check, the Signup/OOC Thread, or the Special Pre-Order Thread.

Each Die Roll will decide the following:

First Die (General Background)
    1. Member of the Jiaojing Wushu School - Anyone can join the Wushu school as long as they participate in taking care of the facilities. They tend to live out lives
    2. Wealthy Background - You're Likely a Nobleman who wanted in on the tournament for fame and distinguished, or maybe even entertainment?
    3. Commoner Background - No one particularly special, but maybe you took a dare, or maybe this is your one chance to escape obscurity?
    4. Criminal Background - You've Committed A Crime against Shang and It's People. You've been thrown into jail, and the tournament may be the only way for you to attain freedom.

Second Die (Elemental Force Rank)
    Your character's proficiency in controlling their Element outside of using Techs.
    (Note that this and all other items after are flavor ranks, has no effect on how much damage they do in battle)
    1. A Rank - (Renowned)
    2. B Rank - (Talented)
    3. C Rank - (Average)
    4. D Rank - (Poor)

Third Die (Physical Rank)
    Your character's physical prowess. Primarily governs how generally strong they're regarded as.
    1. A Rank - (Powerful)
    2. B Rank - (Strong)
    3. C Rank - (Fit)
    4. D Rank - (Weak)

Fourth Die (Charisma Rank)
    Your character's skill in speechcraft. Governs how generally intelligent they're regarded as.
    1. A Rank - (Silver Tongued)
    2. B Rank - (Well Spoken)
    3. C Rank - (Pleasant)
    4. D Rank - (Ackwardish)

Optional Fifth Die (Elemental Affinity)
    Though you have the option to choose yourself. You can live up to the Canon idea that characters' elemental affinity truly is random. Remember, Each Character has control over only one element regardless of race.
    1. Wind
    2. Fire
    3. Water
    4. Earth

Optional Sixth Die (Race)
    You also have the option to choose what race your character is on your own. Note that the Story Primarily takes place in a Sapien Setting so it's encouraged to go for that race since coverage scopes of the other two races will be more narrow. See Race Entries for 'Civilizations' for more information.
    (Note that this roll/option may be limited by the GM if balancing starts becoming lopsided in an undesirable way.)
    1. Sapien - Tousawa Valley Migrant
    2. Sapien - Shang Kingdom Resident
    3. Saefarian - Guild Exploratores
    4. Doven - Shimmering Lake Merchants

In the end, You'll end up with something like this:

Tsubaha_Rolls.jpg

In Tsubaha's Case, I based her character off the second set of rolls since it was generally better.

• Step 2: Fill out Character Sheet!
    When you've finished, Tag @Ehb to look it over, and make whatever edits are requested. You may need to tag Ehb to look it over again since they forget real easy. Note that you MUST inform Ehb when you're ready for a re-evaluation due to the expected volume of CS submissions.

Be sure to just EDIT your sheet into the post you made your dice rolls!

[fieldbox= Character Sheet, white, solid]
    Basic Information

Character Name: (While it can be anything note that your character's race might have a 'style of name'.)
    Character Color: (Your character's speech is denoted by a certain color. Which is it?)
    Character Appearance: (Anime Style)
    Age: (The Default is 'Teenagers Saving the World' Age, refer to the races section if you want to gain more insight.)
    Race: (Your Characters Race, though the story primarily takes place in a Sapien Setting, Saefarians and Doven are also available. - Note that Due to The Setting the GM will want to keep the cast more leaning towards Sapien characters, and they may impose limits to new sign ups later on to enforce that.)
    Background: (Decided by a Dice Roll. This is your character's standing that they were born into. This subtly effects how other character's view them.)

Dislikes: (Things your character dislikes. Min 2)
    Quirks: (Do they do things subconsciously without realizing it, does it annoy people? Min 2)
    Fears: (Nothing remains an invalid fear. Min 1)

Be sure to detail out your character's likes/dislikes/etc. to make your cs feel a bit more complete. Even one sentence would suffice!

Wish: (Your character's desire for joining or being forced into the festival of swords. Is it to gain fame or honor? Or are they trying to gain their freedom? Or is it something deeper than that?)

Most Embarrassing Moment: (Your character's most embarrassing moment that your party generally knows of. Lets face it. Everyone has at least one.)

Skill Details

Weapon: (The Type of Weapon your Character Equips to Protect Themselves. Note that the weapons available to your characters are basic. Thinking swords, spears, bows, crossbows, and shields, etc.)

Elemental Affinity: (Your character is born with an affinity to either Fire, Water, Wind, or Earth. This also dictates what sort of Elemental Force Manipulation They're Capable of.)

Elemental Force Rank: Your Characters Proficiency over their Particular Element.
    Physical Rank: Your Character's Physical Prowess.
    Charisma Rank: Represents skill in speech and persuasion.

Note that your Elemental, Physical, and Charisma ranks are decided by dice rolls as well.

Techs:
    Techs are your character's special arts. Akin to Skills or Artes in certain RPG games. At the start of the RP, your character knows 4 Different 'Base' Techs. As you progress through the RP, you can upgrade your Techs to have a higher chance of actually inflicting damage - which reflects your character's mastery of that Tech. Even further on, you can unlock tech extensions to deal more damage!

Note that at the start you only require your 4 base techs detailed out. For extensions you can detail them out (but have them locked) or you can make them up as you progress. Note that buffing is not a thing in this system. Techs are only offensive moves.

(See the GM's character sheet for a straight example of this section all completed.)

Style: Style_Name
    In this section, you detail out the way your character fights in battle. Recommend that you come up with your techs before writing this as this description is meant to tie it all together. You can continue a Legacy of a Style by choosing that style's name and inheriting or making a derivative of a Tech of that style. Though you can make up new moves and even just come up with a new style of your own. Do note that Styles become a part of lore if you see the RP through the end!

The format of your techs is as follows:

Tech Tree (#) - Tech_Tree_Name
    (Tech_Stage - Tech_Range)
    Tech_Name (Tech_Level - Tech_Element)
    Tech_Description

Example Tech:
    (Base Tech - Far)

Impulse (LV 1 - Earth)
    Send a shock-wave along the ground to strike at a foe.

In Battle 'Mob' Foes can be defeated with a single sucessful tech execution. However, 'Tough' foes will have their own Endurance Points, and won't be as easy to dispatch.

Code:
    TECH TREE NAME
    [accordion=bleft|80%]
    {slide= TECH_BASE|center}

TECH_CONTENT

• TECH_CONTENT
  • TECH_CONTENT CUT_IN_IMAGE

• Step 3: Get a Confirmation PM, and Join the Discord.

Ehb sends you final confirmation Via PM!
    Join the Discord (info an Discord Rules will be in that PM)

Remember to keep your relationships updated with characters as they roll in. If your relationships are found to be out of date when upgrade points are calculated your character may lose those points!

• Additional Extra Steps (for Extra Bonuses!)
    Once you have your confirmation PM you are basically in the Rp. However, there exist extra items that you can further upgrade your character, making them a bit more proficient at the start of the RP!

Step 4.a (Optional): Write your Wish (As a Player) and give a P.L.A.N.!

The Wish and PLAN section is you speaking to me as a Participant Rather in Character. What it is meant is to give you the player an option to let the GM know of certain things you want to have happen to their character, or want to see in the RP. While I can't necessarily make everything happen, I will plan things in the RP with your wishes and PLANs in advance so that the RP dosen't get stale too early.

Wish:
    Is just something you want to have happen (I want my character to go out in a blaze of glory, I want to be able to develop a romance, I want to have my character's secret past revealed as part of the story, Stuff like that.) Ehb will be able to slot those things as they plan things in order to make them all hopefully come true. Or maybe it's something general, like: "I want to betray the party" that can be arranged too. Some discussion may be involved depending on the complexity of the wish.

P.L.A.N Section:
    Please Let Me Know In Advance! Is a section that helps the GM try to Come Up with things that'll make your character seem more involved in the story. Two things will be requested in the PLAN Section. Your Character's Storyline Theme, and Key Flaw.

Character Storyline Theme: This can be a simple one liner or it can be an epic that explains things in depth. What is your character about? Are they about "Friends are more Important Than Anything?" or "The Only Person You Can Ever Trust is Yourself?". Answer this and you'll find that parts of the story will try to ask these questions. Your character story-line is also something that you may want to explore in depth in Personal Actions.

Key Flaw: Something your character has to overcome. Do they have no value for human life? Are they haunted by the crime they committed? The key to what will bring your character salvation lies in this key flaw. Alternatively, it's the trait that they stayed true to until the bitter end.

People who Fill this out get to make up an additional 'Gag' Victory Quote!
    Which they get to initiate, as opposed to Tsubaha.

Step 4.b (Optional): Write Your Character's: Character Entry!

Write the (min 2 Paragraphs) flavor text of your character. Kind of imagine you're opening up a game manual and the first pages are about the different character's whom are in your party. That means it generally covers who they are in the beginning of the story without giving any spoilers, but gets whoever reading it hyped to use them once they're recruited! These entries will be used to embellish the RP 'Manual' or other RP related info Pages! Please send these as a PM to the GM through Discord once you've been invited.

People who complete this are allowed to upgrade one of their Base Techs to Level 3 for free! Meaning it'll always inflict damage when used. This makes it go hand-in-hand with the arkane and mythic tech unlocks (see 4.b below!)

Example Flavour Text:
    Tsubaha Mori is a Sapien swordstress who lives in the City of Jiaojing. While the city is home to the Wushu Martial Arts school and it's Famed Jiao-Style, Tsubaha practices the Migrant Ikkikari Sword-style of her family. Known for honestly thinking aloud and having a bit of a short temper. Her sword prowess is often tested by the other sword adherents who look down on her for using the style of a people the rest of the country is at war with.

Wishing to be accepted, Tsubaha takes part in this years' Festival of Swords in order to attain the title of Swordmaster from the King himself. However, she and several other participants are betrayed and left at a disadvantage at the start of the Contest. Will she be able to prove herself worthy of such a title, or will her dreams go down with her hopes of winning the Festival...?

Step 4.c (Optional): Initiate a Personal Action Collab - 1 v 1 with the GM!

After receiving a confirmation PM. While waiting for the thread to begin, you can initiate a 'Personal Action'.
    (Note that you need to PM Ehb in Discord for instructions, please read the details below)

A personal action is a Collaboration that is between just two characters. The main goal of personal actions is to increase the affinity between characters in order to unlock the bonuses that come with having a high affinity with another character. A special 'assist action' become available to characters who reach affinity with one another which help in battle, but it's also a good way for characters to get to know each other better without feeling like they're interrupting the main story. Players don't necessarily have to 'fall in love' either - just get to know each other better as friends generally.

Doing this collab with the Gm will introduce you to how to conduct personal actions. In this introductory psuedo-tutorial, you'll run a persona action with the Gm's Character. This particular Personal Action starts out the same for each character: 'Your Character Decides to have a talk with Tsubaha after she announces that she wants everyone to band together'. To save space the instructions for how to go through it all will be sent through Discord. If you're interested in trying this out just PM @Ehb in discord and state that you want to try this out and we'll go from there.

Now Why would you go to all this trouble?
    Players who successfully complete this will be allowed a modified 'tech' tree where they Have Access to an Arkane Tech Early! This modified tree also has a 'small' possibility of their character executing a powerful Mythic Tech! Giving you access to it much more earlier than you normally would!

Additionally, completing this personal action you'll get added into the Affinity Log. Making you eligible to initiate and revive personal actions from other players at your own discretion.

Aachen Rizen Encyclopaedia
Do you want to make your character more 'loreful'? Consider checking out the TLDRish Encyclapaedia. While The only thing really required is knowing what the 3 species are, taking a look through this can really make things in the RP make a bit more sense.

The Full Version of the Encyclapaedia Will be Kept in the OOC. However, for the purposes of people trying to get a head-start on CSs, I'll paste it here too.

Races
The World of Rizen is Inhabited by Three Major Sentient Races. The Comparatively young Race of Sapiens, the Advanced and Isolated Saefarians, and the Curious and Roving Doven Respectively. Each one more or less indifferent to each other's internal happenings during this time period.

"This Burning Blade Will Show My Way to Absolute Victory!" - Claire Albert

Claire_Banr.jpg

Races: Sapiens

Sapien Race in General

These tribes primarily reside in the interior of the continent.

While physically similar to the Saefarians, they are are much more attuned to the natural forces of the world and live out comparatively simplistic lives - and are able to sense when natural forces are shifting. While all Sapiens are able to sense the natural forces at work, with some training, some Sapien are capable of controlling these forces, dedicating their lives to the mastery over their most attuned element.

The average Sapien lives for about 40 or so years. Most deaths are caused due to sickness given the rudimentary lifestyle of tribesmen as well as the sometimes unforgiving climates they live in. The Shang Kingdom, despite being quite advanced for a Sapien Tribe nation, was still subject to this same sort of lifespan for the average person. Though Shang Nobles from the time were recorded living up to 50 years in some cases.

The story of 'Kenno Matsuri' is a tale that exists primarily in the Sapien Written Histories. Thusly, Player Character Races Are Set this Sapiens by default. Sapien character backgrounds are also more diverse due to the context of the story.

The Feel

Sapiens do not know what element they're attuned to at birth. Their particular elemental attainment is seemingly random. However, when they reach about 10 years of age, usually Sapien children develop the sense to their particular element. 'Getting the Feel' is about as normal a life event as hitting puberty, of having one's first baby tooth fall out. This can take the form of sensing an oncoming rainstorm, being able to sense the wind, or having a feel for the earth. Once a child develops the Feel for their element, the possibility to train them to control it opens. Gaining control over it requires dedicated training, however.

Natural Forces and Akumagraphy

The occurrences of wind, fire, water, and earth. It is said that the gods of Aachen use these forces to affect the day to day fates of the mortals on Rizen. Each race has particular ways they can detect and affect the natural forces. Among them, however, Sapiens are capable of sensing and controlling the natural forces inherently. This inherent ability was commonly referred to as 'Akumagraphy' lit. Demon Casting by Saefarian historians, who were awed and terrified the supernatural feats the Sapiens could perform. As a rule however, Sapiens are born with an affinity to only a single element.

Tribes and Clans

The Sapiens were the least socially developed out of the Sentient Races of Rizen. The Hierarchy of groups of Sapiens were dominated by a ruling family and headed by a 'Lord'. Leadership was inherited to the first born child of that lord through each generation. The Lord's power was enforced by the loyalty of Noble Families who in-turn were given greater liberties and status and served faithfully as advisors or as soldiers and officers. At the bottom of the line was the peasantry who gave tribute to the Lord in exchange for protection. How exactly tribes managed things or even the titles of positions varied between each tribe, but most were seen to follow this sort of hierarchy.

Sapien Civilizations - Tousawa Valley Tribes

Tousawa Valley Tribes
(Emergent Kingdom of Tousa)

A set of Sapien tribes who originate from the Tousawa Valley. They were forced to migrate from their lands after Demon Crown mountain erupted and blanketed their homeland in ash. The Tousawa Valley tribes had just previously been warring among one another for decades, however their prompt migration and aggression from the Shang Kingdom allowed them to unite in order to prevent their own destruction. They are now united under a charismatic 'Daimyou' or Lord by the name of Celica Ikkikari. This ambitious young Daimyou has declared her united tribes as the Kingdom of Tousa, and now presents a grave threat to the Shang Heartlands. The People of Shang officially refer to them as 'The Tousa Valley Migrants' while the people in question either refer to themselves as people of the 'Tousa Kingdom' or by the name of their original Tribe.

Lorefully, the Tousawa Valley tribes draw from Japanese Culture and History for their Flavour, specifically the way they are portrayed during the warring states period. Names, likewise are also typically Japanese inspired.

Ikkikari

The Ikkikari were the most dominant of the Tousawa Valley tribes prior to the Demon Crown Mountain's Eruption. Based in the Village of Haschou the late Daimyou Anzai inherited a war from his father when he became head of the tribe. Under his rule, the Ikkikari were able to gain the upper hand in the war despite being outnumbered, and even formed new settlements. However, a Buno General caught him completely by surprise when he attacked Anzai's castle right in the middle of the Season of Frost. Shortly afterwards, Demon Crown Mountain Erupted, so the exact details of how that battle ended is a mystery, though most survivors recount that Haschou was ultimately sacked by the Buno Forces.

The Ikkikari Sword Style, practiced by the Feared Blade Caster Shock troops takes its name after the Tribe it originated from.

Senka

The Senka is a Tribe who migrated out of the Tousawa Valley to escape the Eruption of Demon Crown Mountain. Senka is noted for having tamed the Ground Raptor for use in war. This practice spread to the other tribes in the years leading up to the migrations.

They were allied with Buno during the decades long war with the Ikkikari Tribe. All three tribes are now united against the Shang Kingdom.

Buno
The Buno is a Tribe who migrated out of the Tousawa Valley to escape the Eruption of Demon Crown Mountain.

They were allied with Senka during the decades long war with the Ikkikari Tribe. All three tribes are now united against the Shang Kingdom.

Blade Casters

A type of soldier employed by the Tousa Kingdom.

Armed with two handed Dai-Blades and practiced in control over the natural forces. These versatile shock troops are the backbone of the Tousa Kingdom's Armies. Blade Casters would use their Force Manipulation at range against opposing formations before charging in with their large blades.

Daimyou Celica used them to great effect in the Battle of the Fujian plains. There, these soldiers gained a feared reputation for - quite literally - cleaving their way through Shang Formations!

Raptor Archer Cavalry
A type of soldier used by the Tousa Kingdom.

They are heavily armored soldiers who ride atop Ground Raptors. Trained to fire their bows accurately from Raptorback. Their Ground Raptor Mounts are able to let them maneuver quickly away from return fire or perusing infantry. Ground Raptors, who originate from the Tousawa Valley instill fear into Shang Troops due to their predatory appearance and shrill cries.

The Ground Raptors were Originally Tamed by the Senka Clan. Though, use of the Ground Raptor as War Calvary became widespread among the Tousawa Valley Clans in their war before the Migrations Occurred. Many Shang Officers originally scoffed at the sight of these units. They were quick to have their preconceptions proven false though, as the only reliable challenge they had to Raptor Archers was return fire from their own ranged units. The tough armor worn by the Raptors and their Riders made this task very inconvenient!

Sapien Civilizations - Fujian Plains Tribes

Fujian Plains Tribes
(The Shang Kingdom)

The Fujian Plains is fed by three major rivers that open out to the Sea. These three rivers form the natural divide between three Provinces. Three tribes settled in the region established thriving agricultural communities. Ultimately the Shang Tribe emerged as the most dominant of the three tribes, and united them all to form the Shang Kingdom. This Kingdom is almost double the size of the Tousawa Valley.

Lorewise, the Shang Kingdom is very loosely drawn from Ancient Chinese Culture. Likewise names are also typically drawn from the Chinese Language.

Shang
The center most Province of the Shang Kingdom.The entirety of the Shang Kingdom is ruled from the Forbidden City. This Magnificent Capital City of Noble Red Edifices and Grand Towers that pierces the heavens are considered a wonder of the world. Despite their considerable height and they survive inclement weather thanks in part to being built of sturdy local Sequoia wood.

The Sequia Towers are the tallest Sapien-Made Structures on Rizen at the time of 'Kenno Matsuri'.

Quanhua
The Easternmost Province of the Shang Kingdom. It is in this region where the Armies of Shang and the Tousawa Migrants are vying for control. Control of this province between the two sides is basically drawn by the Han River which flows through the province.

Efforts to expel the Tousawa Forces out of Quanhua have been frustrated by the local populations' fear of damage to the Sequoia Forests. Preventing the Shang Kingdom from bringing it's 'Comet Shooters' to bear. This fact may have contributed to their defeat at the Fujian Plains.

Jiaojing
The Westernmost Province of the Shang Kingdom. It is here that the story of Kenno Matsuri begins.

Far away from the front lines at the Han River. Jiaojing is home to a Wushu School that has traditionally trained locals seeking meditation in the way of hand-to-hand martial arts, and to a lesser extent, Jiao-Style Swordsmanship. The school is said to be founded by a man named Lee, an individual who was so skilled with the sword that he would posthumously be known as a 'Swordmaxter'. The Wushu school is a sprawling complex that relies on it's most devout practitioners to maintain the sizeable campus.

The King of Shang Decreed that the once exclusive Wushu School open it's doors to Shang Army Conscripts in a frantic attempt to replace the men lost at the Fujian Plains. Since most of those who fell in that battle hailed from either the Shang or Quanhua provinces. The recruitment of soldiers in this province may be the key to reversing the Shang Kingdom's Fortunes.

Wushu/Jiao Adherents

This is a class of unit primarily fielded from Jiaojin Province's Wushu School. Martial Arts was a regular pastime for the Noble Classes. Though true Wushu Practitioners was anyone who chose to live out their lives training at the Wushu School in exchange for helping maintain the complex.

Wushu Adherents did serve in the Shang Kingdom's Armies before the Battle of the Fujian Plains. However, despite immense skill in hand to hand combat, they remained at a severely disadvantaged by Blade Caster's use of massed Force Manipulation, and the reach provided by their Dai Blades.

Experiences in the war Lead to the shift towards using Jiao Style swordsmanship, as well as light armor. Though some Adherents still chose to take to battle using arm-blades or fisted metal spikes!

Lian Nu Crossbowmen

A ranged unit equipped with repeating crossbow, reversed engineered and improved upon from a crossbow sold by Doven Traders. It allows the crossbowman to fire several crossbow bolts without needing to load and prime each bolt individually.

The repeating crossbow is a marvel ahead of it's time. However, it still remains difficult to produce, and it was feared that it would not have the strength to pierce lacquered armor armor that covered the Tousawa Valley Soldiers from head to toe. As such, it's only been equipped to squads of soldiers. While not as long ranged or as accurate as a trained bowman, what it lacks in quantity it makes up in quantity of shots that it can fire without needing to load more bolts!

Despite it's many advantages, the Lian Nu remains very difficult and expensive weapon to produce. Certainly not fast enough to equip a field regiment in reasonable time.

Comet Shooter

A special piece of equipment used by the Shang Army.

During the outset of the war with the Migrant tribes, this special weapon was considered for use by the Shang Army, but was denied by the Locals who lived where the conflict was occurring. No other information available.

"Fiery Coals that erupt into a firestorm to consume my foes in a conflugration with no end!" Skorch

Skorch_Banr.jpg

Races: Saefarians

Saefaerian Race in General

The Saefarians are one of the three major sentiment races that exist in hierarchical cities located on the coasts of the continent.

Saefarians and Sapiens are near indistinguishable from one another by appearance. However a common trait in Saefarians is Elongated and Pointed ears. Saefarians have no affinity for the natural forces, however they possess a developed culture and have a rich history in the workings of the world. Saefarians are able to manipulate the natural forces somewhat mechanically by way of Runic Stamps.

In an age before the Sapien Races Appeared, the Saefarians warred with the Doven for control of the continent. This massive war brought the world to the brink of destruction. After the conflict, the once sprawling Saefarian Race ended up being concentrated within the safety of their towering cities. Delving into a array of independent and isolated city states. At the time ofe 'Kenno Matsuri' the Saefarian Race are in the very middle of what they'd eventually call The Age of Isolation.

Players can optionally select a Saefarian as a character race. Though it's worth noting that the Saefarian context of the story is primarily to those Saefarians that were mapping out the Shang Region from the Hierarchical City of Calastapool at the time.

Runic Stamp

Painstakingly drawn by a special mix of charcoal and silverite that is extracted from bone marrow. Runic stamps allow the Sapien Race to manipulate the Natural Forces.

Unlike the Sapiens and Doven who can control the Natural Forces Inherently. The Sapiens rely on their use of Runic Stamps to do the same thing. However, despite being more painstaking to produce, the advantage of Runic Stamps is that they allow for mechanical manipulation of the Natural Forces autonomously. It is also worth noting that the effectiveness of a Runic Stamp is also depended upon the location. It is often mandatory for Runic Writers to be on site to ensure whatever Stamp they were intending to make actually worked! While a Runic Stamp does take time and effort to make, the fact that it can run continuously makes it worth the investment!

Some Runic Stamps are combined to create fascinating machinations. One such example is the Calastapool Light, which uses Runic Fire Glyphs fixed to the top of a tall tower that tirelessly produces a light that purportedly could be seen as far as Demon's Crown Mountain.

'Compounding' or the ability to have a runic stamp affect multiple types of natural force elements is something that was impossible to do with the methods available during the Age of Isolation.

Runic Capacitor

This is a type of Runic Stamp that allows for Saefarians to manipulate the Natural Forces like the other sentient races.

It used the same principle, a Runic Stamp is put onto the body and it can discharge or create natural phenomena as a result. Getting it to work was difficult however, as the Stamp Had to be drawn with the mix of Charcoal and Silverite. There were a multitude of grisly failures for the first attempts at tattooing the Stamp onto someone's body.

The method that had the best success rate was as followed:
1: Sedate the Recipient of the Stamp with Opiods until nearly unconscious.
2: Select a section of the skull apply the stamp onto.
3: Remove skin and apply molten stamp directly to skull bone.
4: Stitch back together and perform necessary procedures to avoid recipient death.

Though records for Age of Isolation Runic Capacitor Installs are mostly lost to history, one account stated that about one in thirty three were able to successfully survive the procedure that year. Possessing a Runic Capacitor was required for anyone who wished to venture out of the cities into the deep interior where the Sapien Tribes resided. Needless to say, most people opted to stay in the cities.

Hierarchical Cities

Tiered cities which are the home to the Saefarians.

Hierarchical cities are arranged concentrically around central palace or spire. These central locations are typically where the ruling class or council governs the state of affairs within the city. From there, each tier of the city holds either people by their class or occupation. There are also functional tiers where farming and agriculture, or industry is located. Some of these cities are even older than the Sapien Species themselves.

in the eras after the war with the Doven, the Saefarians retreated into these locations, and have remained there ever since. Throughout the Age of Isolation, each of the Hierarchical cities developed their own unique cultures.

In days of old, it's said that the great spires of the Hierarchical cities were used to receive airships that brought people and goods to all corners of what was the Saefarian Empire. The Technology to operate and maintain these complex vehicles is lost to time, but some examples still exist. The Calastapool Palace for example was actually a Saefarian Luxury Airship before it was permanently grounded sometime during antiquity. Many people in Calastapool still refuse to believe the gargantuan structure ever took to the skies!

Saefarian Civilizations - Hierarchical City of Calastapool

A Saefarian City located far to the south of Tousawa Valley and the Fujian Plains. For many years, on clear evening nights, the light shone from the Calastapool Lighthouse could been seen all the way from the Tousawa Valley and the Fujian Plains.

Saefarians from Calastapool have names that are typically English in origin.

A city that towers over the coast of the endless sea. The Hiearachical City of Calastapool is justly ruled by the royal family. From their palace, the day to day affairs of the people of the city are governed and controlled meticulously by the parliamentary council. Issues of internal strife, crime, movement of goods, and even the marriages between the various social classes of the city are discussed in detail. This seemingly diminutive focus on all aspects of the city's life would seem rather focused, dare say, obsessive on the part of parliament. However such fixations on all minor details are but the norm, as it has been for several millennia.

But even in the middle of this Age of Isolation, some of the many souls in Calastapool desire to venture beyond the city's walls. Opposite the direction of the endless sea of nothingness, lies the interior of the continent, where the Sapien tribes reside. Begging to be mapped and documented. For some brave Saefarians the inherit dangers of the outside world are well worth the risk, for beyond their sheltered lives lies an adventure begging to be experienced.

Cartographer Guild of Calastapool
(Guild Exploratores Calastapolis)

The cartographer guild is charged with the mapping and study of world beyond the city walls.

Centuries have passed since Calastapool made contact with one of it's other sister cities. While the old maps allow for them to know of the locations of the other cities, because the knowledge and expertise require to build Airships has been lost, conducting such a task would be monumental in scale. The Saefarians of old relied on Airship travel so much that little is documented of the world between the cities save for what could be seen from aloft. Therefore, with the hope of someday making a trek to revisit another Saefarian city the Cartographer's guild's purpose is to Map and Study the realms around Calastapool to further that endeavor.

Many Saefarians dream of the adventure and romanticism involved with becoming a Cartographer. However, the bold truth of the matter is that the outside world is a cruel place. Many expeditions go missing, and in some cases survivors return with stories of hunger, disease, and being hunted down by Hostile Sapien Tribes.

As such Cartographer Exploratores are required to survive the installation of a Runic Capacitor - a gruesome and life threatening ordeal, in order to contend with the Natural Force Manipulation that the Sapiens and Doven are able to inherently perform. Few particularly brave, or particularly foolhardy members of the Guild take on this challenge in order to participate in a chance to go on an expedition - something that every child has ever dreamed of in contrast to the dull and monotonous life in the Hierarchical City.

"An Instance of Instantaneous Clarity, Honored Fang, Reap into my enemy...!" - Sarif Nohollow

Sarif_Ico.jpg

Races: Doven

Doven Race In General

The 'Ear'd Ones'. Physically distinct from Saefarians and Sapiens due to their much larger and developed ears and tail. The Doven excels in physical prowess as well as their naturally hardy nature. Living in certain sacred forests or in the interiors of mountains in the continent. The Doven
have had a long history.

Doven Society is very laberous. Every Doven lives life based on the three stages. The first stage is youth. Starting from after they are able to walk the young are put to work and are made to do tasks such as mining, agriculture, or other simple tasks appropriate for them. After 40 Years, the Doven individual is allowed out of the mountains, and is tasked with trade or to engage in war. Finally at 50 yeas and onward, the Doven retire back into the Citadelic city performing a learned trade such as craft or governance of younger Doven. In short, the Doven live long and very productive lives, most of which is spent within their Citadelic Cities.

Doven, like Sapiens, are able to inherently control the natural forces. This is done through their special ears/horns as well as the occasional tail. It is worth noting, however, that their control over the Natural forces is also dependent on those special appendages. Should a Doven with horns have one of those horns sheared off, for example, that Doven would have their Force Manipulation severely handicapped as a result. The Animalic Features of Doven can vary widely. However, Doven mostly identify from which Citadelic City their hail from, rather than what sort of Animalic Feature they posses.

Doven posses the longest lifespans of the races presented here. Living to around 100 or so years. It's worth nothing that Doven society 'retires' kin who live to 60 years to lighter work - most notably, many become the craftsmen who create the curious and remarkable trinkets and machinations they are capable of producing.

Animalistic Features

The presence of animalistic ears, horns, or tails make it very easy to distinguish the Doven from the sometimes interchangeable Sapiens and Saefarians. These extra appendages allow a Doven to sense the Natural Forces as well as manipulate them. It is described that Doven feel Natural Force Pressures around their Horns, Ears, and Tails and can control those Forces like how one would wave their hand to waft air to cool their face.

It is said that animalistic ears (such as bunny/dog ears) have a lower force manipulation potential as opposed to horns or tails. A doven who has both a type of horn or tail can be said to be well versed in Natural Force Control Indeed! This is a stereotype however. As Natural Force control, like with any other talent, is a skill that requires hard work and effort to use proficiently.

Doven also have a special consideration to their Animalic features. For example, saying 'You have a Nice Tail' in a Doven Context can be different from a Sapien or Saefarian mindset. A simple way to translate this line to give it an understandable context would be: 'You have an enviable buttocks'. Needless to say, strangers pointing out a Doven's Animalistic Features is considered rude from the Doven Perspective.

Citadelic Cities

Most citadelic cities are built into either heavily wooded forests or within mountains. In general, it seems like the philosophy is to have a large complex that is sufficiently sheltered from the outside world. These Citadelic cities are mazes of tunnels and shafts that those who travel through them on a regular basis know know by heart. Citadelic cities are constantly expanding further and further into the earth in order to make more room for a growing population. It would not be incorrect to call Citadelic cities to be more or less Anthills on a massive scale.

These massive holes are dug mostly by the masses of underground dwelling creatures that have been domesticated by the Doven. Land Moles, Skritchers, and other larger burrowing animals are left to let loose and dig away. Doven Earthcasters use Earth Force in order to compress the dug up earth. That same earth is either carried off, or in the hands of a skilled Earthcaster, can be manipulated into useful shapes or even be turned into valuable metals such as Bronze, Iron, or even Gold.

Doven Merchant Caravans

The Doven are avid traders. Back in the citadelic cities, craftsman and elders oft required specific materiel from specific regions in the construction of whatever devices or trinkets they made.

Gold and other metals, abundant due to them being unearthed or cast during digging were found to be a suitible trade commodity that the Sapiens seemed to desire. Metal, while more shiny and physically malleable was generally used for decoration and guilding. The Doven actually perfer the use of wood due to it's capacity being made 'living' through proper Earthcasting techniques. In fact, there have been instances where a Doven Merchant would show their wooden staff neatly bending into a stiff metal pole.

Different woods give different attributes and qualities. The Sequoia Tree wood that grows in the Shang Kingdom was very sought after for it's sturdiness. Subsequent trade between Shang and Shimmering lake for the past several centuries has helped both nations prosper.

Doven Civilizations - Citadelic City of Shimmering Lake

Far north from the kingdom of shang sits a lake. When the sun crests over the hills in the morning, the lake reflects the sun, and the rocky crag that overlooks this lake shimmers. Within this Rocky Crag lies a Doven Citadelic City, whose founders, so bewitched by the beuty of this rocky crag that they made it their home. The name they gave it most directly translates into 'Shimmering Lake'.

All Doven typically have names that sound like they were direct translations. For Example: Aura Brightlight or Serif Longhollow.

Shimmering Lake traded widely with Sapien Tribes during the time of 'Kenno Matsuri'. Trading with both the Shang Kingdom and the Tousawa Tribes. The Eruption of Demon Crown Mountain caused a great stir of alarm, and for the first time in several millenia, Doven Elders left the City on orders to investigate what had happened with great urgency.

Written Histories: Sapien Migrants of Tousawa Valley

The Migrants are a collection of tribes that were forced out of their homes due to the eruption of Demon Crown Mountain. They now reside in various camps in the Eastern Fringes of the Shang Kingdom.

Basic History

The Tousawa Valley was home to three tribes that on occasion butted heads with one another. For much of history, though, the three tribes of the Ikkikari, Senka, and Buno generally lived in Isolation from one another.

The Pilgrimage

Every century, a chosen 'Warder' would be tasked to travel to the Shrine at Demon's Crown Mountain. The last attempted pilgrimage was tasked to a young Ikkikari Daughter by the name of Cirika. Tagically however, she was slain by Assasin Shadows the morning the pilgrimage was to begin. The Daimyou of the Village, enraged by the brazen act, demanded the other villages produce the perpetrators of the act. When they refused, Daimyou Ikkikari declared war.

This war would be inherited by Ikkikari's son, Daimyou Anzai. The Ikkikari tribe, despite being outnumbered, gained an advantage in the war and actually prospered with advanced amy camps turning into colonies in their own right. Developments in war, including the use of Ground Raptors as calvalry by the Senka Tribe, lead to a general stalemate in the later years of the conflict.

The Sack of Haschou

During the season of Frost, an enemy army caught Daimyou Anzai by suprise. Crossing the frozen fields, forests, and rivers - the Daimyou of Senka appeared at the gates of Haschou, the Ikkikari home village. Daimyou Anzai and the nobility in the town were said to have fought, defending the Village Castle to the last man.

Little else information about the battle exists, however due to the miraculous - or ill fated cataclysmic event that occurred that same evening.

The Tragedy of Demon Crown Mountain

Years before that Fateful Battle of Haschou, Demon Crown Mountain had been showing signs of an impending eruption - believed to be a direct result of the failure of that century's Pilgrimage when Cirika Ikkikari was killed. Earthquakes and visible smoke coming from the mountain were alarmingly noticeable in the months leading to it's eventual eruption.

The Eruption did eventually occur. The people from the Senka, Buno, and what Remained of the Ikkikari and their colonies, discontinued all hostilities in a mad dash to avoid being covered by the ash that was starting to blanket the valley. Most naturally moved in the opposite direction of the prevailing winds, avoiding the volcanic smoke blowing in that direction. That ultimately would lead to a mass migration into the neighboring Fujian Plains, where the Shang Kingdom was.

Untold Numbers of People died as a direct result of the disaster. Not so much of being buried in ash (though some towns were completely plastered over in one day.) Rather it was the disease, famine, and wars that occurred as a direct result. The most notable war at present being that against the Shang Kingdom.

Mass Migration to Shang

The Eruption of Demon Crown Mountain, spectacular as it was, remained but a spectacle for the distant people of Shang. However, the eruption would also ultimately effect them in the form of Tousawa Valley Migrants who escaped to their land for survival. The Kingdom of Shang was quick to keep the Migrants away from their cities and farmlands, keeping the Migrants at the edges of the Fujian Plains at the point of a spear.

The shared belief was that the Eruption would be temporary, and that return to the Tousawa Valley would be possible in the span of a year or so. This was not the case however. The Tousawa valley is but an inhospitable hell and wasteland. Though their homes were gone, the people of Tousawa valley remained, anxiously being kept at the Shang Kingdom's doorstep. This indefinite status of the Migrants lead to disdain and eventually desperation - ultimately culminating in open conflict.

Written Histories: Sapien Shang Kingdom
The peoples of Shang have cultivated the Fujian Plains for several millennia. Three gentle rivers run through the Fujian plains, facilitating trade, irrigation, and general prosperity for all those who live in this bountiful land.

Basic History

Three separate tribes settled along three separate rivers that emptied into the Great Lake. This lake possessed a surface so calm that it was able to reflect the land around it, leading it to having the name 'The Great Mirror Lake'. The three tribes re-routed the rivers in order to produce more crops for growing. As centuries passed, the three tribes flourished, leading to the development of a unique culture and people. The three tribes even established trade with the local Doven, who have and still do value the wood of the great Seqoia trees that grow in the region. The most Dominant Tribe, the Shang - peacefully united all three tribes to form the Kingdom of Shang. A Kingdom that has existed in peaceful prosperity for hundreds of years.

Battle of the Fujian Plains

When refugees from the Fujian Plains appeared, the Shang Kingdom was immediately weary of them. The Tousawa Valley tribes were known in Shang as being constantly in a state of war with another (a war that was only stopped by the eruption). Thus the Shang Court feared that letting the Migrants into their cities would sew the seeds of discord and lead to an attempt to overthrow the current government. Therefore, the Shang Army was deployed and put in place on the Eastern Borders to keep the intruders away from the cities.

The plan for the Refugees was for the longest time, running on the assumption that they would return to their home region after the eruption ended. That simply was not the case. At the start of Kenno Matsuri, the Eruption has indeed ceased, but the valley remains uninhabitable. The Refugees, whom had been spending the past few years crowded in their tent camps and most often close to starving, out of desperation began moves to settle into fertile land further into Shang to hunt and grow food. This was taken as a blatant act of invasion and the Shang army responded in force. Refugees from that point began to openly raid into the Shang Heartland in the Quanhuan Province.

The entire ordeal spiraled into a series of skirmishes between Shang Kingdom and increasingly desperate and vengeful Migrants. The Shang Commander, eager to break Refugees' fighting capabilities, moved a large host of the Shang Army's troops towards one of the Largest Refugee Camps in order to bring them to heel. The Migrants gathered what forces they could, but ultimately they were outnumbered roughly 2 to 1. Regardless, they marched out to battle with what they had to meet the Shang Army.

What ensued was a military disaster for the Kingdom of Shang. Half of the Army sent out was annihilated while the other half was sent back running. A young woman who lead the Migrant force proclaimed the formation of the Tousa Kingdom as the Shang Army Retreated. Beginning the single greatest crisis to ever face the Shang Kingdom.

The King of Shang could not believe the news of the defeat at first. But as stories and wounded soldiers told their tales, of Armored Archers Riding Atop Ferocious Steeds, and men sending a volley for Force Manipulation slamming into soldiers before cutting them apart with large blades. The King finally belived. The Shang Army now scrambles to rebuild it's army with all haste.

Festival of Swords

A yearly celebration that occurs in Jiaojing. The festival is conducted by the Wushu School, and celebrates the life and martial prowess of the school's founder, Swordmaster Lee.

For years, the celebration has been more festive, with acts of sword-dance, and plays of the Swordmaster's life being re-enacted, as well as bountiful stalls of food. However in the wake of the Disaster at the Fujian Plains, the Festival has earned a more martial and grim tone. The festival has become a rally cry for the people to join the army to expel the invading Tousawa Kingdom. Most notably, the king launched a week long competition where contestants must fight against one another to obtain two bells. Those who can get two of them are granted a wish on the King's Behalf, as well as a place of distinguished in the Shang Army.

Thrown into the mix are criminals, whose only chance at escape is to obtain the two bells and join the Shang Army. A better course of action than rotting in a prison, or even worse, being executed for whatever high level crime they've committed.

While is is called the sword festival, the competition is open to all fighting styles. Many people were quick to realize that there were no set rules beyond trying to escape the field of operation - which would lead to a swift crossbow bolt embedded into their skull. The Lack of clear rules has lead to some opting to team up in order to increase chances of success. While others have used this ambiguity to use every dirty tactic imaginable. The characters at the start of Kenno Matsuri are one such set of victims of foul play.

Notable Figures

King of Shang

The King of Shang Rules the realm of the Fujian Plains. From their palace in the forbidden city, he influences all the people of Shang with his mandate.

The people of Shang are taught from a young age to obey the mandates of the king and to be obedient to the King's men who pass on and set into action his orders. The king rarely ever ventures out of the Forbidden City. Many people do not even know what the king looks like, or even the kings name. However, loyalty to him is equivalent to loyalty and belief in the peace and prosperity of the entire Kingdom.

The people's faith in the King is shaken in a way not ever seen however, by the defeat of his men at the Fujian Plains. Jiaojing did not feel the sting of defeat nearly as harshly, but for the other two provinces many family's are struck with grief at the loss of so many of their children and spouses.

While the king may not have been directly responsible for the defeat, the event nonetheless has greatly hurt the prestige and faith in the title. Still, the people continue, as it is only the King of Shang who can orchestrate a turn in their nation's fortunes.

Swordmaster Lee

A master swordsman and the founder of Jiaojing's Wushu School. His prowess in the martial arts and his legendary life are the stuff of legend.

He bested many opponents in his life. He even defeated a person wielding a sword unarmed. Tales tell of him saving villages from monsters, beating corruption, rescuing people, an entire tome is dedicated to his exploits.

It is not known when or where exactly Lee died. Even after founding the school, he traveled continuously. Even given audience by the Doven Council of Shimmering Lake and Royal Family of Calastapool. He was given the official title 'Swordmaster' posthumously by a Shang King whose meeting with Lee left a strong impression with him. The Festival of Swords is held in Jiaojing every year in Lee's memory.

Daimyou Anzai

The last Daimyou of the Ikkikari of Haschou Village in Tousawa Valley.

He is remembered for being an effective and brave ruler. Inheriting a war with all the other Tousawa Tribes from his father, he made his Tribe dominant throughout his reign, and even grew the borders of the Ikkikari domain by settling new villages.

No one in Haschou saw the surprise attack that occurred that Frosty night decades ago. Against the suprise attack, Anzai stood his ground and defended his village to the last man.

Moriya the Traitor

And there was a young noble of Moriya. Who lived their life buried in the slothful and lecherous pleasures of a noble. At the behest of one of her lovers, she betrayed her village, and lead an arrowhead into Lady Cirika's neck.

Snapping the Willow Tree planted by her Grandmother in spite, she abandoned her village, and her family, riding off into Frosty night on a Raptor. Unable to pay for her own crimes, the debt was passed to her family. They paid with a finger each. As for her parents, an axe to the neck.

Moriya herself would also face divine justice. As she rode into the night, she was knocked off her mount and broke her neck upon the ground. Days later, at the guidence of a stench most foul, a set of scouts came upon her corpse, frozen and untouched where she had fallen. Not a single animal would even bear to eat such foul carrion.

- The Treachery Moriya, a Haschou Migrant Folk Tale

Daimyou Celica

Claiming lineage to Daimyou Anzai of the Ikkikari Clan, Celica defeated the champions of all the opposing Migrant Groups and lead the combined forces to a stunning victory over the Kingdom of Shang.

Charismatic and Strong, Celica's personality was able to weave together the run down and starving migrants to her and her idea of a new Kingdom. While some have reservations about her actually being related to the Late Daimyou Anzai, there is no question in her capabilities as a leader and a warrior.

She is a unifying figure for the desperate migrants. On the other side of the spectrum, the people of Shang fear the amazing reputation she's gained overnight, and the implications she may force the people of Shang to someday have to answer to.

Tsukaha Xu

An Swordstress Prodigy at the Local Wushu School in Jiaojing. Many young hopeful look up to her for her strength and admirable reputation in using her martial skills with sword to defeat many tough opponents, and inspire young adherents and hopefuls to strive to be able to reach her caliber.

She first appeared on the scene when she defeated all of the local crimelords and brought them in tied up to the local constabulary. Presumably, the story goes that a little girl paid her with a cup of berries to bring to justice the criminals who ransacked her family's buisness. Tsukaha, unable to actually figure out who actually did it, simply defeated and brought in every criminal in the area.

With such a high reputation, some people are starstruck just to be in her presence. But, it's widely belived that she can become somone whose skill and reputation could someday surpass that of Swordmaster Lee.

Tsubaha Mori

A Swordstress Trained in the Migrant Ikkikari Style of Swordsmanship. When set next to the rest of her family, her black hair and distinct eyebrows make her appear starkingly different in comparison. When her father realized this as she grew up, he and much of the rest of the family distanced themselves from her.

Her family, noted for their use in Earth Force Manipulation, refrained from having her train in the same disciplines. Instead, she was kept occupied by learning the old Migrant Ikkikari Sword Tradition. It was the only thing she was truly allowed to do of her free will.

Tsubaha was admitted into the Wushu School under Tsukaha Xu's Recommendation. She is notable for openly practicing a Migrant Sword Style. Something that most people would avoid given the current circumstances of the Kingdom as of late.

Known Combat Styles
These are a set of combat styles that have been used by characters in the previous RP that continued to be used even years after that story. While your character isn't required to adopt one legacy styles, it is encouraged if you want to deepen the lore of these styles by helping have a character add and refine each style with each Generation of this RP!

If you want to utilize a Legacy style, you don't have to have the same exact moveset as the previous character. It is encouraged to make up at least one move that fits the theme of the style, or even adopt a basic move used by a character previously. And example of the Former is how Tsubaha Mori's Twin Fang Tech is a more basic derivative of Anzai Ikkikari's Triple Fang.

Unarmed Category

-Wushu Martial Arts (Force Unarmed)
An unarmed style that originated in the Shang Kingdom. It was developed by Swordmaster Lee. Originally developed to compliment the Jiao Style, Shang's then peaceful history saw the sword fall out of popularity, leading to the Wushu Style itself to become a style in it's own right. Wushu nonetheless shares the flavor and style of the Jiao Swords Style.

This style was notably practiced by Swordmaster Lee and is used by various Shang Characters.

Blade Category

-Ikkikari Compound Swordsmanship (Wind Force and Dai-Blade)
This is a style of swordsmanship Originated from Haschou Village, and is the Signature Style of the Ikkikari Clan, and now the Tousawa Blade Casters. It utilizes larger Dai-Blades to act as tuners for Force Manipulation.

This style was notably practiced by Cirika Ikkikari, and Eimi Otachi and is Practiced by Daimyou Celica.

-Ikkikari Duel Blade Swordsmanship (Earth Force and Twin Blades)

A sub-branch of the Ikkikari Style. Utilizing two short blades instead of a single long one, this style was meant to train Dai-Blade users in close combat with their hefty swords. This style was also popular for people who couldn't afford the Expensive Dai-Blade or wasn't strong enough to wield one.

This style was notably used by Anzai Ikkikari and is also practiced by Tsubaha Mori.

-Jiao Style Swordsmanship (Force Swordsmanship)

A style of swordsmanship that originated in the Shang Kingdom. It's noted that many of the ready poses start with a backhanded sword grip. Practitioners seem to effortlessly slash away at opponents with graceful and flowing movements. Jiao and Wushu styles are often considered to compliment one another, since they share similar movesets.

This style was notably developed by Swordmaster Lee, and is practiced by many Shang Characters, most notably Tsukaha Xu.

Polearm Category

-Sakanade Naginata and Akumagraphy (Polearm and Fire Force)
This style uses a Bladed Polearm (Naginata) with Force Manipulation added to increase the effectiveness and power of the user's attacks.

This style was notably used by the Arara Sakanade.

Ranged Weapon Category

-Mori Shot and Akumagraphy (Earth Force and Crossbow)
This style uses a Doven Crossbow and Force Manipulation. Though the crossbow can be considered more as an accessory...

This style was notably used by Kiri Moriya.

-Shibata Archery (Wind Force and Longbow)

This style utilizes marksmanship as well as wind force to augment the marksman's accuracy and can be used in a pinch when close combat is called for.

This style was notably used by Reiji Shibata.

Akumagraphy Category

-Shizuka Pure-Style Akumagraphy (Earth Force)
This style relies in using Earth Force in order to creatively attack an opponent, or to support allies with one's powers.

This style was notably used by Jouta Shizuka,

Last edited:
Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Completed Character Example

Original Rolls
Tsubaha_Rolls.jpg

(Used: Be Born! Re-Rolls)

[fieldbox= Tsubaha Mori, Red, solid]
Basic Information

Character Name:
Tsubaha Mori
Character Color: Light Red
Tsuba_S1_Small.jpg

Race: Sapien (Shang Kingdom Resident)
Background: Wealthy

Her Swords: The Twin set of blades given to her by her late sensei are her most treasured possessions. She begrudgingly accepted Tsukaha's offer to join the Wushu school and continues to tolerate the prejudiced students there only because the smith there freely maintains the blades for adherents. Her dissimilar sword style has had many a few challenge her, but those aware of her capabilities know to stay away.

Peking Duck: Roasted Peking Duck is a Shang Specialty that's oft served at the feasts that her family occasionally has. When they're in a good mood, they let her eat at the same time as the rest of the family so she can have a chance at her favorite food.

Friends: Here is a girl that no one would rather talk to. She dosen't know how to make friends or how it's supposed really work. But she desires to be able to discover and have that someday, since everyone always talks about how nice it is to have some.

Dislikes:

Her Background: For people in the know, Tsubaha is a bastard child between some unknown Shang Nobleman and a Tousawa Migrant. To certain folk, Tsubaha is like the personification of the problems that have befell Shang due to their arrival. And she is generally disliked by her family for being a bastard child in the first place. Family, Prejudiced Townspeople and Haughty Adherents form a long list of people she doesn't get along with.

Tsukaha Xu: The local hero who supposedly took interest in Tsubaha and personally invited, or coerced her into joining the Wushu School. Some people would think that is has something to do with Tsubaha's skill in the Migrant Ikkikari style. Whatever the case however, Tsubaha is quick to answer that she doesn't have anything to do with 'That Weirdo', which is offsetting for some people since Tsukaha is generally admired by everyone else.

Being Teased: Her height, her eyebrows, her background. People who tease her about those things, even if they mean it in jest, is something that immediately lowers her opinion of them. She just dosen't understand being teased as being anything else than someone hating her for who she is.

Quirks:

Compulsive Sword Gestures: A lot of what Tsubaha does seems to be an extension of whatever sword practice routine she does. She often can be seen alternating between forward and backhanded gripping with her sword seemingly out of habit when she's idle. When surprised, she'll reach for a sword that's not even there, even if she's aware it isn't.

Thinks Aloud: Tsubaha tends to say what she's thinking out loud when she's not careful. Sometimes it can come off as her being insulting though she'll apologize and try to explain it when confronted.

Fears:

Expulsion: One wrong move and Tsubaha is kicked out of her family and home and left to fend on her own, she feels. Sometimes it feels like they're looking for a reason, even when all she does (and is allowed to do) is practice in the forest or at the Wushu School.

Disliking Herself: The only person in the world who respects her is herself, probably. If she can't even do that for her own person, then....?

Wish: To Become a Swordmaster by winning the Festival of Swords.

Most Embarrassing Moment: One time, she tried to make her strange eyebrows normal by using charcoal in order to draw them normal. However, most people laughed at how thick they were and the fact that the charcoal didn't do a particularly good job of it. The memories of it genuinely bring mental anguish just by remembering it.

Skill Details

Weapon: Siri & Assign (Twin-Blades)
A pair of Shortswords made in the migrant Tousawa Style with an elegant curve. Supposedly they were originally forged in Tousawa Valley, but the original blades were destroyed and had to be remade, but supposedly everything from the hand-guard down are from the original weapons. The weapon surfaces were forged somewhere in Shang, using stronger steel than what was available in Tousawa.

Elemental Affinity: Fire

Elemental Force Rank: A - ( Renowned )
Physical Rank: A - ( Powerful )
Charisma Rank: D - ( Ackwardish )

Techs:

Style: Ikkikari Twin-Blade Tradition
Tsubaha practices the Ikkikari Style, a sword style that originated from the Village of Haschou in Tousawa Valley. This variant that uses twin-blades is meant to train the mainline form that uses long dai-blades. The twin blade style calls for aggressive and close combat. Tsubaha, who has spent some time at the Wushu School incorporates some Jiao Form into her style, most notably is her ability to freely switch between a backhanded and forward blade grip in either hand. This allows her to aggressively pressure an opponent with fast and hard-to-read stroke patterns. Tsubaha's opening moves are simple but very decisive, meant to let her punish an opponent with more advanced techs in rapid sucession when the base techs connect.

Tsubaha has a good handle on Force Manipulation. Despite her fire affinity, she leans towards the power and simplicity of pure 'Force' based attacks, Tsubaha's high tiered Force Techs produce a notable shimmering effect that deals damage foes in an impressive spectacle.

(Note that Tech Tree 1 Reflects a Player Whose Done Optional Parts b. and c. Players can only have their First Base Tech Mastered & Arkane + Mythic Tech Unlocked AFTER those are completed.)

Tech Tree 1 - "Burning Fangs" Tech Tree

Base - Burning Fangs

(Base Tech - Near)
Burning Fangs (LV 3 - Fire)

The user leaps forward and attacks at the same time with a fiery cross slash.

Arkane - Dragon's Glare

(Dragon's Glare - Near)
Dragon's Glare (LV 1 - Force)

The user slashes the foe into the air and then descends in a series of slashes, before delivering a final strike after landing on the ground.

Mythic - Wyrm Rising

(Mythic Tech - Near)
Wyrm Rising (LV 1 - Force)

User smashes both blades into the ground, generating a field that damages the opponent with spiritual forms soaring into the sky.

Cut In:
Wyrm_Tsuba.jpg

"Can You Brave Through Maximum Potential? Mythic Tech...! Wyrm Rising!"

Tech Tree 2 - "Ghost Edge" Tech Tree

Base - Ghost Edge

(Base Tech -Far)
Ghost Edge (LV 1 - Force)

The user rapidly slashes through an opponent with a fierce backhanded blade strike.

(LOCKED) Arkane - Fiery Cross Fang

(Arkane Tech - Near)
Fiery Cross Fang (LOCKED - Fire)
The user performs a backhanded draw of both blades upward, and stabs the foe whilst crossing their blades forward. The blades react and explode, throwing the foe back.

(LOCKED) Mythic - Twin Drackish Draw

(Mythic Tech - Far)
Twin Drackish Draw (LOCKED - Force)

The user's blades resonate and shine brightly. The user strikes the ground hard invoking a glypth that summons two dragonic forms that slam the enemy into the ground.

Cut In:
Drackish_Tsuba.jpg

"Martial Souls Resonate With Me! Cleanse all Evils...! Twin Drackish Draw!"

Tech Tree 3 - "Dive Wyvern" Tech Tree

Base - Dive Wyvern

(Base Tech - Far)
Dive Wyvern (LV 1 - Force)

The user jumps forward and drives their blade into the ground. Striking the foe with their blade and the shockwave of the impact.

(LOCKED) Arkane - Shimmerslash

(Arkane Tech - Near)
Shimmerslash (LOCKED - Force)

Perform a backhanded draw of one's sword skyward and generate a shimmering slash that batters the foe with pure force, throwing them back a little.

(LOCKED) Mythic - Shattersteel Swarm

(Mythic Tech - Far)
Shattersteel Swarm (LOCKED - Force)

The user jumps forward and impales one of their swords in to the ground. Streaks of shimmering light radiate from the sword and converge into the enemy. The streaks then spiral upward, throwing the foe into the air.

Cut In:
Shattersteel_Tsuba.jpg

"Feel my Fury! Piercing Radiant Fangs...! Shattersteel Swarm!"

Tech Tree 4 - "Fang Crush" Tech Tree
Base - Fang Crush

(Base Tech - Near)
Fang Crush (LV 1 -
Force)
A lightning fast jab of one's blade. Followed by a stunning backhanded blunt strike with the hilt of the other blade.

(LOCKED) Arkane - Soaring Smash

(Arkane Tech - Near)
Soaring Smash (LOCKED - Force)

The user takes a hold of the foe, tosses them into the air and slams both of their swords into them to throw them skyward.

(LOCKED) Ignoble Vanquisher

(Mythic Tech - Near)
Ignoble Vanquisher (LOCKED - Fire)

The user sends the foe skyward with powerful rising slash. They raise and cross their blades. Delivering an explosive cross slash just as the foe comes back down.

Cut In:
Ignoble_Tsuba.jpg

"These blades will bring justice against all evils! I'll cleave my way to a promised tomorrow...! Ignoble Vanquisher!"

Relationships

Rumiko Mitsurugi: Um... are girls really supposed get that muscular? I don't think she's a bad person, but she's also kinda intimidating too...
Runara Blazeheart: I-is it really okay for girls to dress up like that in public? I mean, everyone's always staring...
Saburo Shanzhai: He's supposed be that dangerous slaving pirate? What a joke! Everyone in the country must be pushovers to let this clown push them around!
Kei Daidouji: How does he carry all of those knives? I mean, if her was more personable, maybe we could sell some off to get better equipment.
Black Nightingale: I think the hardest thing her ever thinks about is where he's going to take a nap.
Ran Yiban: She's the sister of Wan? Or was it Han? She's the wierder one.
Lan Yiban: She's the sister of San. She's really shy - this coming from somone with no friends, but her sister Yan does most of the talking anyway.
Yu Ri: She loves her equipment as much as I do my blades. I wonder what she's thinking about though...
Yuan Liwei: He's impetuous enough to be a bandit. But the way he uses his blade isn't like that of your average highwayman. I want top ask, but I feel I'd have to go all out on him to get a real answer... I can't get into such a fight over something like that.
Utashou Hokoa: I bet if I wasn't a bastard child, my mother would be nice to me like Utashou is. But, it would be rude of me to say that to her, so I'll only tell this to you.
Rizen: W-why's he so brazen all the time. D-don't go yelling out my attack names! Stooooopp!
Noriko Amagawa: He's the person who tries to be nice to everyone at the Wushu School. I don't know him personally, though.
Haruki Rinko: A noble. He dosen't seem to mind me though. I didn't know he was actually a he until I heard him talk for the first time.
Nanami Houhou: Nanami also adheres to a style that was taught to her. But, it's a style that only she practices now, and it's incomplete. I'd... treat her more seriously if she wasn't trying to capture me all the time...
Tsubaki Hanejima: She thinks that she's so great because she acts cool all the time! Just you wait till I become a Swordmaster! I won't even have to act cool to be cool, you laodicean Washboard!

Bonus Section (Optional)

Character Voice: Manami Nakamura
Character Theme: LinkYT
Character Battle Theme: LinkYT

Entering an Easy Battle Line: Right, Let's End it Quick.
Entering a Normal Battle Line: Tch! Here they come.
Entering a Hard Battle Line: So We're Really Going to Do This Then? Just Fine!
Entering a Boss Battle Line: Be Careful, They Know What They're Doing!

Defeated an Enemy Line: You're Done.
Defeated by an Enemy Line: Impossible..! How Could I...-!?
Resurrected from Incapacitate Line: Not Yet, I Can Still Go...!
Using an Item Line: Good Thing We Got This!

Retreat From Battle Quote: I Hate To Say it, But We Need to Withdraw!

Normal Victory Quote: Is That Really It?
Tough Victory Quote: Any Minute Longer And....
Flawless Victory Quote: We've Made Our Intention Clear With Action.
'Mythic Tech' Victory Quote: I Swear upon these Blades I Will Become a Swordmaster!

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote: Our Weapons are Food...!
'Did Everyone See Me?' Gag Victory Quote: Did you See how Awesome I Was...!?

'The path to victory is... !' Gag Victory Quote: Probably in the direction of that other monster over there.
'Your Name is Black...': Hey Black. How did you parents come up with your name...?
'Rumiko's Strength: Wow Rumiko, you punched them so hard I can't even see them anymore...
"Shhhh! What's that?" Gag Quote: Don't Question it! We have to pay for the inn somehow!
'Saburo Shanzhai, A mighty and powerful...' Gag Victory Quote: I'm not too sure about the king part.
'I can pull my own weights' victory quote: Yeah, good job distracting the enemy.
'Casualties in battle..' victory quote: Do you NOT know how to lighten up?
[/fieldbox]

Last edited: