A Timed Existence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I can wait. Maybe we should advertise or invite people?

Invite as many people as you want. I'm cool with it lol. I'm working on a banner in my spare time.

Well, banner aside, should we put an advertisement in the roleplay advertising forum?

oie_WIbhVtYegKSF_zpsdbece6d8.jpg

How do we feel about this one?

First wonderful banner by the way and just got done fully editing my chara sheet ^^; So I'll be moving onto my techy character~ ;p Oh and good luck with your advertising! How many people do we need to join? (estimated number because I think I have few people that would be willing).

Well, we have a good handful here already, but another 2-3 wouldn't hurt before we got moving.

~:Name:~
Marshall Leeroy

~:Age:~

~:Gender:~
Male

~:Sexual Pref:~
*shrugs* "I'll have what I can get"
(translation: Doesn't give a damn)

~:Year/Degree:~
Junior || undergraduate

~:Major:~
Instrumental/Vocal Pedagogy & Creative Writing

~:Occupation:~
Currently part of a band called LightHouse that plays regular gigs at a coffeeshop, Starry Skies.
||Lead Vocals & Guitarist||

~:Appearance:~

fashionable_guy__guys_dress_to_impress__hipster_mens_fashion_pinterest.jpg

Marshall can be described as having a slim body, an average height, black hair, and light pale skin. He is usually seen wearing a red plaid shirt with gray stripes (sleeves are rolled up to his elbows or just a few inches below), dark blue jeans with turn-ups and brownish-red and white sneakers (converse brand). His eye color is a bright and odd mix of green with purple tints. His hair appears often messy and what one could describe as 'bed head'. A tattoo of birds seemingly taking flight can be seen on the left side of his neck starting just an inch above his collarbone. When the weather doesn't agree particularly with him he exchanges his plaid shirt for a deep burgundy colored sweater with a black scarf for good measure. On more random occasions he wears a dark grey beanie with large black glasses.

~:Personality:~
||Indifferent||
At times it can seem that nothing can phase Marshall, whether its his timer plummeting down to a mere three minutes or a high pitched screaming face that popped up on his computer as a practical joke. In fact nothing really bothers him unless it bothers his friends or someone he has close relations to. Sometimes it can seem as if he's too detached or uncaring.
||Laid Back||
His basic philosophy in life is "If theres nothing to worry about then don't worry about it". Pretty straightforward and to the point.
||Perfectionist||
The LightHouse band members constantly poke fun at him for that one time when they accidentally walked in on him cleaning his apartment. Complete with an apron and yellow cleaning gloves. That and the fact that apparently folding your own underwear and ironing your clothes is 'hilarious'.
||Playfully Blunt||
Marshall doesn't really seem the type at times but he can be extremely playful. Its like he knows what makes others tick and uses that to his advantage. When he feels like making someone uncomfortable he'll do just that but not without a good enough reason of course. Its a bit strange because he is also a naturally blunt person. This often confuses people as he may say something along the lines of "I hate vanilla ice cream" and still attempt to take a quick lick from your cone.
||Workaholic||
Pretty sure it was passed down by his parents but this guy is either extremely persistent on getting his work done or has an unlimited supply of coffee. It can be anything to writing a new song, finishing a twenty page essay, or even reading a captivating book. Marshall would stay up day in and day out to finish his task. Its seriously bad for his already less than stable health. His friends have always been concerned about him but ever since he lost two years on his clock after passing out during exams (studying all night), they've taken the liberty of crashing at place every time it would seem that there would be a repeat of that incident.
||Careless||
Now this only really applies to his health as he is a perfectionist after all.
||Witty||
What can I say, the guy has a way with words~

~:Preferences:~
||Music and Vocals||
At a young age, Marshall excelled in instruments and even penned down a concerto when he was at the tender age of 12. Its hidden under piles of other lyrics and composition work he has also written over the years.

||Natural virtuoso||
So he either spends his time playing different instruments or just 'jamming out'

||Books||
Marshall doesn't really seem like the type to read but he can go through a novel in less than half a day.

||Photography||
He actually considered in majoring in it once upon a time but his mother wasn't exactly accepting to the idea.

||Stargazing||
Astronomy was also one of his major preferences.

||Writing||
Unknown to most but he aspires to write his own book and even become an author (at the same time he also wants to branch out in the music career).

~:Brief History:~
To put it simply, Marshall was born in a wealthy family with high expectations as the only 'heir' to a prospering multi-billion industry/company. His father passed shortly after his birth from a blood disorder (polycythemia vera) that he unfortunately passed onto his son. He was left in the care of his mother who left him in the care of a nanny as she had to fully invest her time in the businesses of the company with her husband gone. She encouraged Marshall in one day taking her place as the Corp. President with tight schedules and constrained teachings. He was basically being told what to do every minute of everyday. His 'condition' (blood disorder) made things even worse as he was strictly prohibited in taking part in any physical activities as precaution. Eventually, like any high strug teenager, he couldn't put up with all the rules and pressure seemingly stacked onto him throughout his whole childhood and left (not really running away as he informed his mother of his departure and left with or without her consent at the age of 18). Marshall and his mother reconciled however in the later months and have formed a more or less steady relationship after his birthday (when he turned 19).

How he came to be in a band started out in a music carnival where he met Leo (drummer), Finch (keyboard), and Joe (electric guitar). They spent some time together on a random road trip through the U.S. and bonded over their love of music.​
~:Current Time of Death:~
Keeps changing everytime he gains an injury or catches a fever.

~:Current Soul Mate Timer:~
I'll just leave this up to the how the story progresses of if anyone would like to volunteer ;p

~:Other:~
He has an obsession with the color red.
Treasures above all else a certain childhood item (going to have to RP it if you're curious).
Windowless rooms freak him out, no matter how big they are.​
Accepted! Gawsh, you guys all have really nice CS's. Have to admit I kind of borrowed some stylistic ideas from them xD

Accepted! Gawsh, you guys all have really nice CS's. Have to admit I kind of borrowed some stylistic ideas from them xD
Thank you! I like how everyone's characters are pretty developed (which is impressive since we haven't even started the RP yet xP) and overall unique to one another :D

You know, I like to think of myself as a very tolerant (I hate the word in this context. You are not tolerant of anyone. You just don't care whether or not they f**k men or women) guy. I don't care if you're a homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, or pansexual person. But I doubt many can understand the weirdness of having to look up pictures of men for my CS, only for your girlfriend to walk up behind you and see the search results for "college guys" on your computer screen...

First wonderful banner by the way and just got done fully editing my chara sheet ^^; So I'll be moving onto my techy character~ ;p Oh and good luck with your advertising! How many people do we need to join? (estimated number because I think I have few people that would be willing).

Since everyone else is playing at Starry Skies, should I change my CS to indicate I play there instead @Rainjay? And if so, are you, ☆StarryNIGHT☆, willing to let Jack join your band?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
You know, I like to think of myself as a very tolerant (I hate the word in this context. You are not tolerant of anyone. You just don't care whether or not they f**k men or women) guy. I don't care if you're a homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, or pansexual person. But I doubt many can understand the weirdness of having to look up pictures of men for my CS, only for your girlfriend to walk up behind you and see the search results for "college guys" on your computer screen...
Since everyone else is playing at Starry Skies, should I change my CS to indicate I play there instead @Rainjay? And if so, are you, ☆StarryNIGHT☆, willing to let Jack join your band?
You don't have to change it! If everyone works there, Starry Skies will become a rather crowded place indeed. Plus, I'm planning on setting up at least one other character (and then we have all the NPCs, too) that I'mma throw in as working with some other players, so they can get dragged into this chaos as well. It's up to you, but you don't have to ^^

And I always search for pics on incognito mode, because I feel so weird googling up some of these pictures. "Blonde girl with guitar" "Cute blonde kid" "college girl not stockphoto" xD

You don't have to change it! If everyone works there, Starry Skies will become a rather crowded place indeed. Plus, I'm planning on setting up at least one other character (and then we have all the NPCs, too) that I'mma throw in as working with some other players, so they can get dragged into this chaos as well. It's up to you, but you don't have to ^^
And I always search for pics on incognito mode, because I feel so weird googling up some of these pictures. "Blonde girl with guitar" "Cute blonde kid" "college girl not stockphoto" xD

Incognito... Good idea. F**king Chromer... I can just imagine the results you get for "college girl".

I might still go with it, though. I would hate to get surrounded by my own NPCs. Gets rather dull, don't you think?

So I may have slept the most wonderful sleep in all of history and am still trying to wake up. xD As you can see I've been lurking and loving a few of your guy's posts.

So I may have slept the most wonderful sleep in all of history and am still trying to wake up. xD As you can see I've been lurking and loving a few of your guy's posts.
Yay! Well slept nights are the best

I'm as willing as a potato is french fries ^^ (... <_< I confuse myself sometimes). Lol I probably should feel strange about it but I just go on tumblr so it doesn't look like I'm scrolling through a google image page of men xD
Good Morning :D (yea, I'm going to be that guy)

I'm as willing as a potato is french fries ^^ (... <_< I confuse myself sometimes). Lol I probably should feel strange about it but I just go on tumblr so it doesn't look like I'm scrolling through a google image page of men xD
I google the most randomest things for role-plays: "amber heard" "amber heard arm" "female arm" "zesty italian ad guy" "google can you convert 3890 days into years" ETC. xD Whenever someone walks by I try my best to just go back to Pandora and look interested in whats playing.

AND GOOD MORNING TO YOU! : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Well slept nights are the best
Oooooo yes they are! I had enough inspiration to finish my character sheet. I am actually very happy she came out the way she did. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I google the most randomest things for role-plays: "amber heard" "amber heard arm" "female arm" "zesty italian ad guy" "google can you convert 3890 days into years" ETC. xD Whenever someone walks by I try my best to just go back to Pandora and look interested in whats playing.
Same xD Except that I sometimes make the mistake of consulting my friends which usually go like:

Me: Hey Micheal.

Micheal: Whats up?

Me: Which one do you think is hotter; a six pack or a chiseled chest?

Micheal: =_=

Me: What? o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.