A Spark

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Like what?" He said, his voice quivering, tears of joy streaming down his face.

"I don't know." she said wiping the extra water from her cheeks "But it has to be good, because I'm kind of scared to death." she took a deep breath. "How are you with heights?"

"Horrible!" he laughed, wiping his own tears, "let's do something with heights!"

That got her laughing too. "Alright. But not until after dessert. I want some chocolate cake." It was a blessing they were off to the side where no one paid any attention the young couple crying or laughing.

"Alright!" he said, smiling at her, sniffing slightly while laughing. He stopped the waiter as he walked by, "Pardon me, but do you have anything chocolatey and delicious and cakey? If so, surprise us."

Reactions: 2 people
Alexis laughed at his request as the waiter hurried away to the kitchen to retrieve the final portion of their order.

"So, how about a Ferris wheel?" he said, wiping his glasses.

"Felix" she said raising her glass of water as if to toast him "you have much more romantic ideas than I do."

He smirked, blushing slightly, raising his own glass, "To romance?"

"and hope." Alexis added before taking a sip.

He looked at her with dreamy eyes, taking a sip of his own drink. The waiter soon came back, placing a succulent slice of rich, chocolate cake on the table. Felix thanked him, then pushed the plate to the middle of the table, so it was in Alexis' reach.

Plucking off the point with a fork she savored the first bite, waiting for Felix to have one before taking another.

He took a small bite, rolling his eyes back at the taste, "Wow...that is amazing!"

"Of course, it's chocolate cake. Very good chocolate cake." She admitted reaching for another fork full and calculating how much of the slice she would dare to eat.

He watched her eat, smiling, "So, isn't there a carnival down on the docks?" he asked.

"Last I knew, I haven't been there in ages. It's more fun to go with someone." She ate maybe a third of the slice in all, a fourth was simply not enough. She slid the plate back towards Felix to finish eating our leave as he chose.

He took one more bite, then called the waiter over to get them a box for the remaining cake. He stood up, "Alexis, I can't pay fro the whole check, but let me pay for half at least. It's the least I can do."

She smiled appreciating his desire to pay what he could afford "Of course, thank you." She retrieved the bills to make up the difference and add a tip.

He took the to-go box with the cake, and took his hand in his other, leading her to the door.

Taking a cab a few miles down the coast the bright lights of the carnival could be seen rising up from the dock high above the ocean. On a Friday night the place was full of teens and couples, except for being overdressed they fit right in.