1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
Hello, friends and neighbours; it is I, Excession, come to offer a small selection of RPs that I'd like to get off the ground. Rather than make multiple threads, this seemed the more prudent option.
Please, vote in the poll for the ideas you find most appealing.

All are welcome.

From the crescent of stilted walkways on the glittering bay to the peaks of the coral palaces, from the narrow inner streets to the sprawling fields, the city of Radiant Pearl is your birthright, and she is imperiled.

The city is divided into castes, and you are at the top; the priesthood.

The intermediaries between woman and god, you are vital to ensuring the harmony of the Divine Hierarchy, and that the many Spirits which inhabit the city alongside mortals are treated with respect yet give their supplicants with the same consideration.

But as if the barbarians at the gates were not enough, as if your nieces did not abandon their callings for terrible heresies, now someone is murdering your sisters.

You are a Tribunal, representatives of the five High Fanes; promising young priests chosen to hunt down the killer. You command the respect of the lower castes and may speak to powerful Spirits as equals, wielding divine power handed down to you from your patron goddess.

Your word is law. Your power is pure. Your city will be saved.

---------------------------------------------------

Crucible: Dark Age - chapters 9 and 2 are most relevant, probably in that order.

Player characters are young priests from the five High Fanes - you will have been groomed for your role since childhood. All player characters are women.

The High Fanes

Fate - This character is nominally in charge of the Tribunal. She has given her eyes to the goddess, and received snake eyes that allow her to see the threads of Fate.

Death - This character gave her heart to Death. She can see and manipulate ghosts, and is responsible in her day to day life for funerals, exorcisms, and assisting other Temples.

Night - This character gave her shadow to Night. She can speak to cats and monsters, become unseen in darkness, and when the light fades she may shapeshift into a monster herself. Typically part of the city's secret police, also officiates joining ceremonies and nocturnal festivals.

Rain - This character gave up her womb to the goddess. She can heal any wound or sickness, and bless crops. Her duties include ensuring fertile crops, delivering babies, and general healthcare.

Earth - This character gave her skin to the goddess. Her flesh is as stone and she can feel through the earth - or add it's strength to her punches. A capable warrior and investigator, she is not unlike a police captain who also responsible for city planning and architecture.
WEEKLY REPORT AUDIO LOG

DECEMBER 15TH 2072

Overwatch Station Portugal/Communication Officer CAMPOS

Atlantic Research Station LEMURIA/Petty Officer WILSON

OSP: This is OS Portugal, 1245 local time. Lemuria please respond.

LEMURIA: Roger, Portugal, this is Lemuria.

OSP: Celine! They finally let you come back up.

LEMURIA: No small amount of begging involved, Cris.

OSP: Exciting things happening down there, ah?

LEMURIA: Less than you might think. Dr. Moines is just excitable.

OSP: All in the weekly?

LEMURIA: Yeah. Yeah, it should be lased to the satellite in the next five minutes.

OSP: How're things going?

LEMURIA: Mandy - sorry, Officer Curran - has been acting weird. She's been in the Tower for a week now, barely answers hails. Dr. Fonseca is concerned it's like... space dementia?

OSP: Space de- You're at the bottom of the Atlantic, Celine.

LEMURIA: Yeah, well, closest analogue. The Warden's record shows there was an airlock failure and she hasn't been acting like herself since. Brain damage, maybe.

OSP: The Warden still throwing up false signals? Could be a glitch, like that time the Eros relay went down.

LEMURIA: Maybe. Less false signals, anyway, but we're getting chatter from outside the habs.

OSP: Just the drones, Celine.

LEMURIA: We don't have that many drones.

OSP: So the Warden's logistical code is bugged. Moines'll get it.

LEMURIA: I guess so - oh, hey, Mandy! I'm making the weekly report to Cris. Come say- Are you okay?

LEMURIA: [inaudible]

OSP: Can't hear that, Celine.

LEMURIA: Mandy I don't... can you just take off the helmet?

OSP: She's still in dive gear?

LEMURIA: [inaudible]

LEMURIA: Jesus Christ...

OSP: Lemuria please respond. Celine?

OSP: Celine for god's sake.

LEMURIA: [screaming]

OSP: Celine! Amanda!? One of you fucking answ-

-TRANSMISSION LOST-

Lemuria is a deep-sea research facility, equipped with an orbital launch platform most easily described as a 'space gun', in addition to studying marine biology, geoengineering, structural engineering, robotics, psychology, and artificial intelligence.

You are among the best in your field - whether that be research science, engineering, medicine, administration, or security. Assigned to a two year tour of duty at the bottom of the sea.

Lemuria is state-of-the-art. A chance like this is once in a lifetime. It's risky, sure, but a calculated risk.

Everything to gain, right?

---------------------------------

Sci-Fi horror RP with shades of SOMA, Eclipse Phase, and so on. Expect existential dread, body horror, and various surprises.

I'll be using Chronicles of Darkness for the system.

I'd like at least five players, no more than ten, and you should expect that your character might die at almost any time.

Strong character motivations are vital; this will be a slow-burn game so it'll be best if your characters have personal projects they want to pursue in their department. This is less critical for security personnel.
You were born different.

You didn't know, of course. Not for the longest time.

You didn't know the outbreak that killed other babies could never have hurt you.

Or didn't know that other children do not have the ghost of their grandmother tell them bedtime stories.

Or didn't know other young women couldn't feel the weather change.

But not all Magic is subtle forever. Perhaps when the Lord's son threatened you, his own hounds set upon him in your defence. Perhaps, as you grieved, your wife tore herself from her coffin and stared at you with dead eyes. Perhaps lightning struck you, out in the fields, and left you wholly unharmed.

That was the beginning of the end. The rest of your people feared you, and named you an abomination, a diabolist, a demon in human flesh. If they didn't kill you, perhaps your Magic would kill them, and sooner or later an Inquisitor would come bearing God's judgement to strike you down.

And so you fled. Made the long, frightful journey away from the place of your birth to anywhere you thought you could hide. You thought that you were alone, but you have since met others like you - other Magi. Others with wondrous and terrible power, in a world that hates and fears them.

What will you do now? Can you hide forever, or will you fight back? Will you strive to ignore your mystical might, or embrace the power? Will you forge a new future, or uncover a lost golden age when your kind ruled the world?

The power is in your hands. Are you strong enough to carry it?

I voted for Tribunal because that's the most appealing one in my eyes, but all of the plots look simply wonderful, so I'd love to join any of the potential roleplays!

I voted for Tribunal because that's the most appealing one in my eyes, but all of the plots look simply wonderful, so I'd love to join any of the potential roleplays!

Excellent. Thank you and welcome to Iwaku.

Tribunal has a wonderful plot-pitch and I can see it being a captivating roleplay with potential for ornate characters and relationships. Wrath of Magi also holds my interest because it's well balanced, I can envision myself having some light fun with it, but also exploring some really in depth stories.

Wrath of Magi. Magic inside someone that shouldn't have it, not because they can't have it, but because it makes them all the more dangerous. It'd be interesting to have a character like that.

SOMA was one of the very few games I watched completely on YouTube and it managed to keep me at the edge of my seat throughout its entirety. PRESSURE sounds a lot like it and it would be interesting to experience it. Going with that one.

Tribunal sounds the most exciting and refreshing. Religious fantasy with a touch - or perhaps more than a touch - of intrigue is rare to see, at least for me.

Reactions: Bone2pick
Tribunal sounds the most exciting and refreshing. Religious fantasy with a touch - or perhaps more than a touch - of intrigue is rare to see, at least for me.

I second this. And it's nice to stumble across you Gr... er, Excession.

Reactions: Excession
What a pleasant surprise for my birthday.
Nice to see you!

It's a tie between Tribunal and Wrath, I see. Perhaps someone will swing it.

What a pleasant surprise for my birthday.
Nice to see you!

It's a tie between Tribunal and Wrath, I see. Perhaps someone will swing it.
If that's the case, I'll change my vote to Tribunal. The Morrowind nostalgia is real.

Reactions: Excession
Jolly good. I'm quite partial to that one.

If those interested would like to consider which temple they come from, that'd be useful. One player per temple; the Tribunal must have balance.

Reactions: Bone2pick and Jays
I'm partial to Rain.

Death sounds cool to me.

This is very interesting. Especially the Tribunal but I couldn't help but wonder, what about other characters besides the priests and barbarians? Are we allowed to be monsters or gods?

I think it's Earth. Tracking and stuff. I imagine Night is more the espionage type than the inspector type.

Then I'm leaning more towards Earth, I think the whole earthen skin thing could provide an interesting emotional spin.

Gonna be so awkward if he comes back and be like "nope you're completely wrong"