A Reluctant Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ana snorts softly and gives him a look, brushing her red hair back behind her ear as she shakes her head, looking back down at Azule because right now it's difficult to look at Oran and not feel strangely flustered. Perhaps it's because he's being so nice? She can't decide whether he was partially annoyed with her fast-talking or not and so she slows herself down a little and tries to think before she speaks.

"No, speaking on and on only leads to revealing things you might want to take back later and not be able to. Running with your thoughts is fine, but you don't speak them out loud until you have them sorted. My brother taught me that when I was younger. I seem to forget if often, though." she admitted, telling him something of her family in the same breath. It feels weird, speaking so freely, but Ana is willing to give it a try if he is. She will follow his cues if he leads and she will test the waters to see if he follows. If either of them backs up, though, she knows they won't broach that particular line again for some time. It's how they learn; trial and error, pain and anger, awkwardness and puzzlement. It's how they've been learning since day one with each other.

She finds herself smiling at the nicknames he suggests, her eyes meeting his, studying for just a moment - studying his eyes really as they never fail to draw her attention - and once again, despite her words from a moment ago, she speaks without thinking her thoughts through. But this time...she doesn't really want to retract what she says. "Flame. That's what I'd call you." No, she won't take it back, but she will blush and Ana looks away from her husband again, searching for another topic, something else to say. She remembers his words from before her inane babbling and latches on to them, looking down at Azule again.

"To answer your earlier question; I am happy to have him and he'll be Shadow's size, maybe bigger, within six months, maybe eight. They don't take a lot of time to grow, so you have to bond with them quickly." Now composed once more, Ana meets Oran's gaze again and tilts her head, curious. "Have you ever had a pet?"

Nodding at her words, he knows that she is wise for speaking them and understands greatly what he is talking about. He is never one for nicknames but hearing her make up her own unique twist on words, he raises a brow. "Flame?" He repeats, actually thinking it sounds pretty bad ass. Smirking, he can't think of a better name he would have bestowed upon him and since Ana thought of it herself, he best abide by her wishes. Even chuckling, he suddenly feels the awkward grasp around his throat loosen just a little as she looks away, thinking it's better for her not to see his blinking reaction. "Then Flame is what I shall be called by you, Ana." Giving a final nod, Oran decrees it, running his hands over his kneecaps without even realizing what he is doing. Bringing in a deep breath, he listens patiently to her words, not wishing to interrupt her.

"I would have expected Shadow's size to reveal itself after years and years of growth. Six months seems like a short time for this guy to be that big but, of course, they have a different lifespan 'den we do. I guess if there guys were feral, they would have to be able to protect themselves. I am glad to know that little Azule here will be growing up with not only your kind, but mine too. It's important for him to know both sides of our family now." He leans over his belly and reaches out to scratch the pup once more, feeling Ana's gaze on him but he does not move his eyes to meet hers just yet. A few moments pass and he takes in a deep breath, "I did have a pet, a bird for a while since they're our honored kind. You have wolves and we like birds. Fancy that!" He chuckles, trying to act as if he were with a friend. Ana should be no different now. "His wingspan was massive, most likely the length of my whole body, his break razor sharp. Never the less, he would never hurt me but I was so young at the time, I didn't understand what responsibility meant. I wish I could have kept him alive but when I was taken off to war, he was passed on to another family and another holder."

Wow. That...was a big bird!

Ana blinks, amazed at the description of the animal and she looks down at Azule with a smile, running her graceful fingers down his nose slowly. "Wolves and birds. I find that significant. They are symbiotic to each other, partners." She looks back up and runs her fingers back through her hair, pulling it over her shoulder so she can start working the tangles out and braid it. It's a habit she does when nervous and admittedly, this entire thing is making her a bit jumpy. She's almost afraid to say something wrong, to ruin this new found peace-treaty between them. It was the same way when they'd started working together on simple projects - before moving to more complex ones - and they'd survived that just fine. So...she has faith that this will become less awkward, but it is their first time speaking so openly about, well...nothing important really.

It was strange, but a....good strange.

"What was he like, your bird?"

They spent the the next hour or two like that, speaking of both wolves and birds, of their different cultures and how their people's respective 'governments' worked. It was nothing profound, but it was a start.

----------------------

Ana gasped, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand as her stomach finally stopped heaving. Her hair was braided back tightly in anticipation of this very event and she let her head fall against the wall at her side as she flushed the toilet, glaring at the bowl. Stars, she hated the first few hours of space-travel. She was perfectly fine - just fine! - after the first two hours, no problems whatsoever, but initially...

Gah, she hated puking, too.

The Princess sighed again and finally stood, coming out of the bathroom and letting the door hiss closed behind her. A barking whirlwind of fur came rushing at her then down the small hallway and Ana chuckled as Azule wiggled at her feet, looking up at her with attentive pale blue eyes. He was much bigger now, nearly reaching her thighs and his head at her hip. He'd grown a lot in the last month and a half, but the Princess knew he had a lot more to do and she also knew he'd slow down a bit in doing it at this point. In the end, his head would reach her chest, taller than even his father.

It was a good thing his training was going so well.

Azule followed her into the control room where Oran was stationed, her eyes finding the stars through the hyper-glass. It was beautiful and she loved it. She just didn't love the first hour or two of it....

Closing his eyes, Oran remembers his past, letting all the emotions and images rush in and out of his mind. "He was my bird, yes. Given to me by my father as a gift when I turned age ten. If I would have seen him grow then he would have had that amazing wingspan - for my father had one and Gev and me received the two sons. Gev still has his and I swear that bird loves him until no end. But I... I couldn't take care of mine. I was very irresponsible and didn't know how valuable a creature such as the Heyori is. I didn't misstreat him, I would never harm a creature if I can help it. A creature that doesn't wish to harm me and I will withhold my blade or fist. My power. My father didn't much care for me so he sent me away at a young age to learn this discipline I was so lacking. Now... it has made me who I am. I understand my father's position now but didn't then. I cursed him and swore that he would pay for selling my bird to the highest bidder but... I am happy to know Elli'arro, flight of an arrow, is a part of a family of hunters, a subgroup within my kingdom. Well, my father's kingdom. He is well looked after and I need not worry."

They talk, they share and Oran feels as though they are connecting over the next month and a half. Now he has to stop himself from calling her Ana while they're in public, his hand found more on her waist or shoulder than ever before. It's his gesture of trust and companionship. The world, their world, wishes to see the husband and wife they were promised by both their races. Oran and Ana have given them what they wish for. The rivers are clean and energy is taken from the natural energy of the rolling waves, large underground caverns have been built to store food and keep it fresh in the chill of the earth for times of chaos and drought. These achievements are nothing compared to how they've improved both the military and the effectiveness of prosperous trade and machinery on their once crumbling economy. Lots of these achievements will take time, the building projects jus starting to gain momentum - lots of plans being written and then executed throughout their years on this throne.

Upon hearing of Telliari, a planet in the Southern quadrant of their system, Oran turns his eye to how they can help their trustworthy ally. Most of their planet is covered by water, using technology to build underwater cities with large glass domes and underground transit system to get from one section to another. It really is a magnificent sight! Oran, personally, has only been here once and he doesn't remember any of it for he was knocked unconscious. Telling Ana of this fact, he is sure to keep her close to him during their journey. One of the few ports above the ocean, actually on land, stretches across a bay area on the continent of Vevkk. The species of this planet vary from all types but the majority of such waters are inhabited by men and women of the sea. They too have scales but these are specific to underwater travel, gills splitting open once their body makes contact with water. Some call them shape shifters for their body also grows fins and sometimes flippers depending on what form of animal they take.

Oran, easily handling the controls now, can't wait to see the city of Vevkk as well as the capital underneath the deep blue sea. He does not know the name but he is aware that him and his wife, along with a whole council are here to negotiate and ratify another treaty between the two nations. Vevkk is not a space exploring planet, they wish for visitors to come and see their monumental achievements under the lapping ocean but for them to cross the barrier into the void? Yes, they can. They do have an army but... they would rather keep themselves to themselves. Minerals are given to Kel'korr through trade and in return, the Kel'korians provide space protection.

"You alright back there?" He calls over his shoulder, clad in his armor once more. His helm, the upright tail symbolizing his rank as captain as well as the blue or gray tint radiating off of him.

"I'm fine." Ana replies, coming to where he is seated, her hands finding the back of his chair as she leans over his shoulder slightly, studying the coordinates of their destination. She'd surprised this husband of hers with her knowledge of ships and their inner workings and now it has almost become a common sight to see the Princess looking over Oran's shoulder to make sure they are on course and all the readings look normal. It wasn't really needed as Oran was an excellent pilot, something Ana didn't doubt, but old habits died hard and she was a pilot herself.

Her braid falls over her shoulder and brushes his cheek before she pulls it back again impatiently with her tail, looking from the stars ahead to the planet they are approaching. It is blue, hardly any brown or green on the surface and she inhales sharply at the beauty of it, straightening so she's not leaning over Oran anymore, but her hands stay on his chair, her fingertips brushing his shoulders without much thought.

"It's gorgeous." she breathes and Azule, sitting beside Oran, rears up on his hind paws, setting them on the dashboard - luckily all the buttons were locked down after he'd done this once before and the ship had gone into a tailspin - and barks at the approaching planet, his tail wagging wildly. Ana laughs and moves over to pull him down, correcting him in her native language until he huffs and lays at her feet. The Princess then leans back on the dash herself, knowing she can do no damage and glances at the planet before looking back at Oran.

"So will we actually being going underwater?" She knew they were here on business - mostly to secure ties between the Kel'korians and the Tellians as well as open new communications between these people and the Saliphians - and that they'd be landing in Vevkk, but she is still not entirely sure where they are going after that. Hadn't Oran said the capital was UNDER the sea?

Oran, attempting his best at piloting, really doesn't feel as comfortable as he should be. It's been four long months since he has been strapped behind the controls so he attempts his best. Quickly recovering from an almost disastrous takeoff, the engineers forgetting to uncouple a chord and the ship nearly spinning out of control, Oran feels in control once more. It's the way he likes to live. Sucking in a deep breath, he feels her hair hair thump against him but he hardly reacts. If it were a few months prior, he would jump right out of his skin and command that she watch where her hair is! Even though she really has no control over the matter, Oran has calmed down quite peacefully.

Now they are friends and Oran would have it no other way. He still feels a cold chill whenever they start to talk of war, knowing that both of them have equally killed one another's people. It has turned to quick notes or references then hurriedly moving on completely. He likes the fact that they now have hardly any thought when it comes to talking with one another. Knowing what makes them who they are and what is off limits really helps. At least for Oran, now he knows how to deal with Ana and if she is angered he knows exactly what will calm her down. Same for Ana to him for if he is reminded what will happen to his family, his honor, he soon starts to consider his consequences before continuing even if he is in the deepest of flame fits. Standing your ground is important when dealing with this mountain for he is unwavering practically all the time.

Bringing a hand to Azule's fur, he ruffles the growing wolf, chuckling as he remembers yet another fault - the tailspin. "You nearly killed us, yes you did! Yes you did!" He encourages Azule to keep barking, his tail slapping against Ana and the back of the command chair. Looking out, Oran knows of the shielding around their ship. Would it be enough to land in the water or will they have to find this Vevkk and park? He hopes that they're landing in the right hemisphere of the planet. For the poles located at the north and south are littered with ice and the dead chill of winter. "As soon as we break the atmosphere, I can punch in the coordinates for Vevkk, the city -above- the capital and we can go from there. You aren't claustrophobic or anything, are you Ana?" Turning his gaze to her, he clicks some keys before facing her completely. "The underwater capital, I wish I were better informed of it's name, is home to many Tellians... my people call them 'the fishies' but that's actually quite rude now that I think of it. I don't recommend using that in polite conversation. Really... any conversation." Turning back to the controls, he loosens the grip on a throttle and brings the ship out of drive and slows down so they can make the descent. "Prepare for landing."

Ana hesitates over the claustrophobic question - or anything - but he's already talking again and she decides not to answer. If 'or anything' includes complete darkness AND tight spaces, then yeah, she'll have some problems, but Ana knows that its nothing she won't be able to tolerate. Or at least she will be able to fake that she's all right. She can thank Ceverno for those fears. She hadn't been scared of such things when she was a child.

Grabbing a hold of a handle above her head, Ana keeps her feet as the ship goes through the atmosphere and rocks in a normal way. As they start to descend more gradually, she lets go of the handle again and smiles at her husband, giving him a wink. "Much better than your takeoff, Flame." she teases, turning back to the window and keeping her hand on Azule's head, a sign for him to calm. The last thing she wants is him running out of the ship and attacking someone. It is a risk bringing him in the first place, but Ana knows the more species he is exposed to, the better control she was will have over him when he's fully grown. This is not her first time training an unpredictable wolf. She's even attempting to 'train' Oran in the techniques, but he seems determined to encourage puppyish behavior in Azule and Ana has finally half-given up on making him stop. It really can't do that much harm anyway, as long as Azule understands who he can do certain behaviors with. So far the pup is doing well so she can't complain too much.

"Fishies? Why in the world would I call them fishies? I don't want to be called lizard!" She shakes her head at the stupidity of some people and then changes the subject. "How long have your people been in contact with the Tellians?"

Oran grabs a firm handle on the bow tie looking wheel and his fingers turn white from controlling the rocketing metal deathtrap through the shimmering white clouds. "Five. Four. Three. Two. One." He counts aloud, easily punching a few buttons to release the flaps for them to slow down. Taking a fulfilling turn, the small green radar beeps at him and he glances it's way, knowing where he is and where he has to go. "Perfect, we're close." Tugging at a few more controls, he leans back in his seat to hear her compliment him. Looking her way, he gives her the honor of one of his toothy white smiles, his cheekbones scrunching up to his eyes. "Why thank you!" Comes his all honest voice. Before he would mumble something under his breath and just slink away but now they're actually working and getting along. Turning back to his controls, he easily swoops the triangular craft and lets it come down on one of the landing pads.

Before them is the view of the city, most of the village stretching out across wide and sturdy docks. The brown of the wood fading from the rays of their closest sun. "And welcome to Vevkk!" He exclaims in a bright huff, unwrapping himself from the straps binding him to the command chair. "Come along, lizard!" Knowing he is bound to get in trouble for that comment, he is quick to laugh even though his tone didn't signify any joke to his manner. Oran has quite the ... sense of humor but unless he laughs, you can't really tell if you should be offended or not. The bright colors of blue lead them down a floor by a metal bar ladder. Clanking his way down, Oran's boots give off a unique tapping against the plate - he loves it and will go out of his way just to hear it once more. Grabbing a hold of the hatch, he pulls it to the side, the gears clicking as the slab rolls to the side easily. "After you, Ana." An arm comes out as the ramp shoots its way down to rest on the landing pad. There is already a group of armored guards moving their way along with an advisor. It seems they're expected as Oran predicted. It's common for these fishies to give a warm welcome and Oran can't think of a prettier place then the docks and the city on the cliffs.

He hadn't answered her question, but Ana forgives him easily. He's busy. She has to laugh at his enthusiasm, feeling it seeping into her own attitude as she follows him to the door. She likes it when Oran is like that. Happy, calm, enjoying himself and she gets to see it more and more these days. It's a pleasant change and she finds herself opening up to him more, letting her own personality out without fear of rejection or disgust. So when he makes a joke - and she can tell it is because of the scent of lightheartedness coming off him even before he laughs - she doesn't hesitate to smack him...with her tail.

In the past, she would have feared him grabbing it and honestly hurting her in retribution, but now she does it with confidence and scowls at him as she clips Azule's leash on. "Brat." she retorts and then smirks as she comes down the ramp and immediately inhales. The smell of salt and wild wind greets her nose and Ana grins even before her eyes open. She's never been to the sea and her eyes are wide and full of the wonder of a child as she looks around, everything new, everything full of new surprises. It's not often that she's like this, but despite what many might think, Ana has not traveled far outside of the boundaries the war had set and she's only ever visited two other planets, one of them when she was a child. This is an experience like no other and when Azule gives a bark, his own nose working furiously, she has to laugh before turning her attention back to the business at hand - namely those coming to greet them.

The Princess works on some composer and studies them with curiosity, taking note of the scales and fins, the place where their gills would open and the exotic colors of their skin. She's never seen anyone with blue or green or yellow or purple skin. It's strangely beautiful and she comes back to Oran's side as the Tellian's grow closer. She'll let him greet them first as she has no idea what their customs are and doesn't want to offend anyone by accident.

Whirling around, Oran jabs a finger in her direction once she smacks him, "Hey!" He growls, completely losing his composure from before. Quick to smile, he can tell that yet again, he is just making a small scene out of nothing. "You -better- not touch me again with that tail." Unclasping his sword from his belt, he waves the handle in her direction. "Or I might just -slip-!" Winking, he replaces the hilt to his belt, still not being the least bit comfortable with her using it to touch him. He can deal with the scales but that wiggling tail still uproots his old self, wanting to take it off completely. Having to be a good sport, he knows that he did just call her a lizard and he deserves it. "Oh no! You... you got me!" He playfully adds, stumbling away from the metal ladder and actually falling to the ground after a comedic and very dramatic death scene. "Tell my mother... I love her!" He groans out, pretending to die. This is all before the hatch of the space ship opens. Knowing Ana will tell him to get a grip on himself, he springs up and takes care of the door for them.

Azule barks and Oran wants to kick him in the side but that plated boot resists his deep urges. "Calm down boy. Come on, play nice." He knows that Azule is just curious with all the sights and smells wafting over him but Oran can't help but groan. He better not ruin everything. He can't help but ponder. Will the Tellian's accept a wolf in their nation? Will they see it as a threat? No, they're friendly to outsiders... well, for the most part. If you're to break the law, they'll kill you right on spot for they wish to keep up their heritage, sending you off into the open blue to fend for yourself on a small raft. Swallowing, Oran is silent as the group approaches. The yellow skinned Tellian keeps his head high, the jewels around his neck symbolizing that he is the highest ranking in the squad.

Two servants come up to the Prince and Princess, holding out a device that latches onto their throats. "It's a translator device." Oran explains quickly, bowing his head low as he lifts his head up and allows them to attach the purple object around him. He feels the cold latch around his adams apple, causing him to swallow for he feel as if he is to suffocate. "It'll pass." He assures Ana, knowing she is feeling the same sensation clasp around her own neck. The device beeps and boops away happily, a small neck brace traveling up the back of their spines to their head, little chords digging through their hair to connect to certain parts of their brain without puncturing the skin. In the process, Oran found Ana's hand, giving a small squeeze to her fingers before stepping forward once the servants nod and bow away.

"I am Oran Re'korr and this is my wife, Anahsi. We come from our planet today to speak with your leader, the proud and strong Hektto. You may search our ship if you do desire for we have nothing to hide. We are allies, being Sephilian and Kel'korrian alike." After his introduction, Oran staggers his feet before lowering his whole body to the ground, his arms settled down behind him like a hawk's wingspan. His gaze is to the ground, knowing that Ana will soon follow his steps. Proceeding slowly, he makes sure to glance her way to see that she is following.

She has endured many things, but the sensation of the translator wants to make her gag and she has to work to suppress the desire, swallowing carefully and taking reassurance from Oran that it won't last forever. The sensation of being strangled eases after a minute and she breathes carefully in relief, not letting the momentary panic she'd felt show on her face. She listens carefully and quietly to what her husband says and when he bows - in an admittedly strange way to her - she doesn't hesitate to follow after telling Azule to lay down. The wolf complies, his ears perked toward the Tellians and Ana executes her own bow with grace and respect.

She is a Princess. She knows how to greet new allies. And these people are new to her. Being allies of the Kel'korians, the Saliphians would not have visited them during the war or even before it. She is as new to the fish-people as they are to her. When Oran rises again, Ana does the same and she finds her eyes locked with the purple-skinned Tellian. She is obviously female and she smiles at Ana, her deep violet eyes scanning over the scales and then the tail with curiosity. She is a rank lower than the yellow Tellian and so is allowed to speak. She does so now, her voice bubbly and liquidy sounding, but in a melodious way.

"We welcome you, Oran Re'kor and Anahsi Novelaia."

Ana blinked, startled and she was sure to keep her voice polite, but curiosity rang in her tone, too. "Thank you. I was not aware you knew my mother-name."

The purple Tellian's eyes seemed to almost disappear inside her face as she smiled widely, friendly and amused. "You appear as your mother. Your name was surely her own."

The Princess' eyes widen, but this time she doesn't speak, keeping her mouth carefully closed as she smiles and nods, dipping her head. Inside she is shocked, though and her mind is reeling. These people...knew her mother?

Oran stays silent as well, enduring the strange throbbing sensation as the probes latch onto his skull and start the translation process. Upon completion, Oran keeps his bow steady, balancing on his feet well for a man in armor but is quick to come up and snap back into his attention stance. Letting his wife speak first, for women are honored in their society far more than men who are abundant, Oran has to resist the urge to scratch his head as the device translates what they say into his ears. Blinking, he stands tall and aloof, not letting the strong winds bother him as they cut through the small inlet. Upon seeing Ana's connection with the purple-skinned one, his eyes look back to the yellow leader as he speaks.

"The King is very busy today and your -meeting- with him is scheduled for tomorrow morning. How about we show you to your quarters here in Vevkk. I can have my personal servant attend to your every whim. Two of them is necessary enough. I hear, from fluttering birds in my ears, that you prefer to sleep in separate rooms. However odd it may be, Prince, Princess, I am not allowed to change the assignments of the lodge. There is one bed - I hope that satisfies you. If not, you are free to have separate rooms but that same little bluebird has told me you do not wish to be apart." It's obvious that the Tellian is confused by the messages he has been sent or has heard. A husband and wife wishing to be close to one another and yet not sleep in the same bed. Cocking his head, he blinks his eyes, a second lid crosses his eyeball vertically. Much like a cat if you startle them and they snap their eyes open. Except this is during every single blink. ... Strange.

Looking to Ana, he lets the purple-skinned Tellian talk before he asks her if the room arrangements are alright. They're friends so Oran is willing to share a bed for one night but he wants to make sure she is alright. "As long as you don't smack me with that tail again." He adds in the Common tongue, a language that this race on this planet fails to grasp. In order to speak normally, Oran has to reach around and squeeze two buttons on either side of the device latched to his spine.

Ana has to admit that the bird metaphors - or ARE they metaphors? - make her want to giggle but she is trained better than that and instead she only smiles, glancing at Oran even as she answers the yellow Tellian, really answering both males at once. "The arrangement is acceptable, thank you. Your people are most gracious to think of our needs." She dips her head again, and casts another glance to Oran, her eyes glittering with mirth as she uses her hand to squeeze the buttons that will let her talk to him in common, copying his actions.

"My tail will stay to myself as long as you keep a civil tongue." she retorts back, but there is no bite in her tone. Ana opens her mouth to say something else, but finds herself startled as the purple Tellian has moved and is now touching her arm with hand that feels smooth and almost wet, violet eyes blinking in that same strange way the yellow Tellian's did as she watches Ana intently.

"Where are you wings?"

The question, so completely out of the blue, confuses the Princess and she smiles a bit, but shakes her head. "I don't have any. My species, we are not flyers."

The purple Tellian tilts her head and looks at the others around her as if seeking agreement. Perhaps getting it, she turns her head back to Ana and smiles. "You are Draykoni. You are supposed to have wings."

This time Ana chuckles and her smile is genuine as she shakes her head again and her fingers play with Azule's ears as he sits beside her, quiet for once as if he can sens the importance of this meeting and making a good impression on these people. He reminds Ana much of Shadow in that way. "No, my race is Saliphian. We are decedents of old world humans and a race called the Zalicons. I am not a dragon."

This time the purple Tellian frowns and she seems deeply confused about something, but she doesn't argue anymore. Instead two servants come, just as the yellow Tellian had said they would and offer to show Oran and Ana their rooms and then perhaps take them on a tour of the city?

Oran can only do so much while in front of the Tellians. Those amber eyes of his tell her that he will behave, of course squeezing the buttons and adding simply, "I shall, my dear. Forgive my rudeness." As the purple-Tellian moves at his wife, he finds his right arm tensing, almost ready to push or punch her away but he blinks in amazement for his thoughts. They're allies! Not savage beasts and they will cause no harm to him nor his wife. Oran would be able to tell, their tone or a twist of a fake smile. Oran has done negotiations for too long, knowing what "you're welcome here any time" may mean plenty of underlaying zones. Either they wish to kill you, actually harbor you or perhaps something in-between. The answers lie in their eyes and when they think you're not looking. But these Tellians won't betray him for he knows that they need his protection from outside invaders. There are many legends indicating riches in this abundance of sea... many pirates sailing the seas trying to find them.

Coming back to reality, Oran turns his attention back to his wife and the purple one, missing their whole conversation. He considers it best to keep his mouth shut, bowing low and in the same manner as before to the yellow Tellian. The water creature states, "If you need anything, my extension may be reached at any time if my servants are... untrusting or cold. They are quite new, only two or three years." Thinking about it for a moment, he nods, "They are well trained though and will pose no trouble. I am sure of it." With that, two other servants make their way to the Prince and Princess' sides. They're both Tellian's, one green and the other a silvery blue color.

"Would you like a tour of the city, m'lady?" They ask, not even bothering to ask what Oran wants. Sighing, Oran purses his lips for a moment before remembering their traditions. Ana will be asked all the questions and she will be expected to answer them. Swallowing, Oran follows behind the two, even offering to take Azule's leash from her hand. Squeezing the buttons, he speaks in common. "They'll ask you everything - are you alright with that? We have gone over why we're here, I am confident that you'll do just fine without me." It's as if he won't even be there, a shadow traveling behind them in the sunlight of the day. The two servants lead them through the docks first, showing them aquatic vendors with priceless meals prepared before you're eyes as well as the wooden structures of the town. Everything is pretty cramped but they make their way swiftly around, the townsmembers turning and offering a bow as they pass. Finally they reach the cliffs on the North side of town spiraling up in a U shape around Vevkk, acting as a natural barrier.

Her? They will only talk to her? Ana is honestly unsure if she is okay with that, but she nods and speaks back to Oran in common even as she hands him Azule's leash. She hasn't told him, but it's actually pretty uncommon and amazing that the wolf accepts both their handling with equal favor. The vast majority of dire wolves bond to one person and one person only if they bond at all. Everyone else is viewed with suspicion and distrust, tolerated. That's what had startled her so much about Shadow's reaction. He'd LIKED Oran. Not tolerated, liked and for that to happen with a stranger, after the many years she and the wolf had been together...was unheard of. It had shocked her greatly. Thinking back on it, it still did, but she is now more curious about Azule's equal fondness for them both. It's like Shadow all over again, only in a younger wolf. It still puzzles her.

As they are led around the city, Ana takes in the sights with amazement and curiosity, but she also glances back at Oran and gives him a significant look, meeting his eyes. "Just because they won't ask you something, doesn't mean *I* won't." she assures him and then drops the topic. They are a team, friends and husband and wife - whether they like that part or not - and she won't make decisions without him and she won't ignore him. In HER culture, that is rude and the thing about mutual allies is that both species must respect both cultures and compromise where they can. Ana is sure that her talking to Oran is not going to offend anyone too terribly. And if it does...well, she'll deal with it then.

The Princess looks up at the cliffs with a smile and her fingers itch to climb the stone, but she refrains. She's not in a dress - absolutely refusing when her maids had tried to pack one - but she's in clean, gray pants and a purple blouse that flutters in the wind. Her hair is decent and her skin clean. She's actually wearing shoes. No, she can't climb today, but oh how these towering cliffs remind her of her home! They are beautiful, too, shimmering with shells that have been cemented into the rock's face over a great deal of time and a deep gray-blue color like the sea that beats against them. The roar of the ocean is a wonderful sound to Ana and she looks at Oran, her red hair coming out of its braid around her face, blowing across her cheeks and eyes.

"It sounds like music!"

Not expecting any problems, Oran knows that this younger wolf will get to know both of them and love both him and Ana to the same degree. Alright, maybe Ana a little bit more because she is one of -his- kind, so to say. The ones Azule has been fed and cared for so perhaps he has a bit of a bias. Not bothering Oran, the pup skips happily at his side, growling and even barking at some significant sights or people. Perhaps someone stepped to close and Azule is just trying to guard them. Bending down at one of the stops, Oran is sure to give the puppy as much love as he can even though he really doesn't look like a pup any longer. "You keep on being a good boy." He mutters, scratching behind his ears before leaning in and actually kissing the top of his head. Standing once more, he follows behind the group, sure to keep the wolf on a tight leash as they come to the bustling sections of the city.

The two servants tell them all sort of history of the village and how their people were scared to move into the sea. But their god, one god and one god only, had granted their wish when one man accidentally fell into the ocean, learning that he could swim quite well. Yes, they started as humans many upon many centuries ago. From there, they prospered on the chain of islands leading across the waters. The more they grew fond of the water, the more their fins, tails and gills started to grow. They believe it to be a mutation that has run ramped for their kind but they don't mind. Being a collectivist community, every knows everyone else and they like it that way. The only strange part is that with such closeness, you would expect them to shy away and fend off visitors but they do the exact opposite.

"Yeah, it sure is lovely." Oran agrees, not quite hearing the music as well as Ana is. His eyes are on Azule, making sure he doesn't cause any more trouble here tonight. He already tried to bite off someone's leg and Oran had to scoop him up in his arms before those razor sharp teeth of his ripped through the man completely. Seeing her hair come undone though, he notices' how free she feels when the waves crash against the rock, causing a light mist to spray everywhere. Gulping, Oran moves to the middle of the dock, blaming his movements on the wolf as he sees a bird pass and wants to catch it, running around in circles underneath Oran.

Ana blinks as Azule starts barking again and she crosses her arms, trying to contain a smirk as she watches the two males. Her eyes eventually start to focus more on Oran than the wolf, though, and she's not even really aware of it. He seems almost uncomfortable in this place and it comes to her once again that he's a warrior and has been since he was small. The same is true for her, but her culture is different and Ana has learned finesse in other arts besides war. Oran, he can play the part of a Prince and he has a head for plans and figures, but in his heart, he's a fighter, a commander of men and he doesn't quite fit into this puzzle that his father and family have forced him into. His is a fiery red piece of thread that belongs in a brighter tapestry than the one woven around him.

It is that fire inside him that she senses again now and even above the crashing waves, she hears its song. She doesn't yet understand it, but she knows she will. Something inside her wants to decipher it, to reach out to whatever message it keeps telling her but Ana is unsure how to let it. She doesn't even know what 'it' is and while she is sure that should at least make her nervous even if it doesn't scare her...she feels nothing but impatient. She has her own puzzle to solve and somehow she is sure Oran's piece fits somewhere inside. She only has to figure out how.

The Princess finally shakes her head, her thoughts settling once more and she gives a sharp whistle that has Azule's head snapping in her direction. And then he's flying toward her, dragging Oran most of the way as Ana giggles openly. She crouches to receive the puppy and he wiggles happily in her hold, but also immediately calms when she tells him to. Ana looks up at Oran then and her dancing gold-hazel eyes met his amber ones.

"I think perhaps he likes me better." she teases before standing and looking up at the sky. It is getting dark and her stomach is telling her its time to eat. Ana raises a brow at her husband, smiling. "Hungry yet?"

"You can believe that all you want, my dear." He assures her, winking even before settling his eyes back on the water. He never really liked the ocean. It always taunted him at home, not to mention he is a bad swimmer when it comes down to it. He is able to keep himself from drowning but he doesn't -get- anywhere at a quick pace. To him, he feels helpless, breathing and able to maneuver only this way and that at intervals. Once he even tried to punch an incoming wave. How stupid. At the time it seemed like a good idea but Oran almost drowned, the force of the water pushing him onto land and depositing him there. Relentlessly forcing yet another wave on the poor boy. The turmoil is seen in Oran's eyes now, the memories of failing to grab air into his lungs as they only fill with the salt water, causing him to choke.

Shutting his eyes, he quickly turns away. Pretending to be following some bird flying in the sky, he places a hand on his stomach and hears it respond in a low growl. "Food? That sounds sure sounds like I need some." His belly grumbles again, the emptiness troubling him greatly for he had a very small breakfast. Then the excitement of the trip was keeping him from eating and now it's that same factor pulling him away.

"We can head to the hotel where you'll be staying. No worries, guards are posted all around - very tight security for it's a very expensive place. But upon being a Lord and Lady, Prince and Princess... no charge. Consider it a compliment to be on our shores. Tomorrow you shall seek out the King - we will lead you to him. Tomorrow, yes." Nodding, the green one takes lead this time, commenting on the radical change in architecture due to the arrival of new species to their shores. Soon enough they come to the hotel they're staying at and indeed it is quite the marvelous sight. As promised, guards are sniffing all around for trouble, keeping the dirty commoners out of the gates. Oran looks to Ana and raises a brow, "Quite the classy place!" He comments, remembering to push the two buttons.

Ana wasn't sure what he was thinking of, what he was seeing, but Oran's distant and troubled expression don't go unnoticed by her. She is unsure how to approaching about it, though, so doesn't. They had talked about many things in the recent months, but something they always seem to avoid is what they fear, bad experiences that have happened in their life. Oran knows about Ceverno in Ana's life, but that had been forced upon her and if had been her choice, she would have kept it to herself. It would seem they are still doing that so she doesn't pry, merely letting him change the subject, a subject they haven't even gotten into.

She follows the two guides to their hotel and Ana studies it with a smile on her lips. It is indeed beautiful and she is more happy when they are led inside and being led to their room. They are left outside the door and told that they can order room service any time they wish. Their two guides - or at they servants? - depart, telling them that they can be summoned back anytime Ana and Oran might wish.

The Princess looks after them as they leave and she shakes her head, amused for reasons she can't even pinpoint as she opens the door into the bedroom. It is absolutely gorgeous. The walls are a light blue color and the furniture a delicate cream. The sea has obviously played a part for inspirations as the glowing lights on the wall are in the shape of sea-shells and the ceiling is painted with a mural of fish and other undersea life. Ana turns in a circle, taking in everything even as she lets Azule off the leash. He bounds off to go sniff something and she keeps a half-eye on him as she heads to the bed and crawls in, bouncing slightly before curling around a pillow, her eyes peeking over the top and through now messy red hair at Oran.

"Can we buy a place here? Pretty please?" Her voice his full of laughter and Ana sighs happily, feeling relaxed by the atmosphere here and the fact that she has none of her people looking over her shoulder, reporting back to her King. While she is here, she feels like she can be herself.....well, sort of, but it's still a nice change.

Shutting the door behind them, Oran laughs, looking upon the small room and seeing that she has already made herself comfortable in their bed. Those words are oddly strange as he thinks them, only grinning slightly. Looking around to the mural, he gulps another breath down. It should be calming and quaint to see such lively aspects of the ocean around this room but Oran feel suffocated by them. Turning his head this way and that, he tries to not let it bother him as much as it does. He can stay afloat and swim. That's all he needs to do - he doesn't have to pull a damn barge in from deep waters like some sort of fictional hero. Seeing his wife laugh, he can't help but settle down onto the bed, trailing a few fingers over her countenance as he fixes her hair. Some might say it's a loving gesture but to Oran, the messy tangles were quite attractive. Best holding himself together, he removes them.

"This really is a lovely room, isn't it?" Moving from the bed, he makes his plated way across the rug to where the window is. Pulling open the two door-like panels, he reveals a view of the ocean. "Ana, you have to come here!" He calls over his shoulder, hardly looking back to see if she is already on her way or not. Knowing she would appreciate the rolling waves, Oran moves out of the way so she can grasp onto the decorated iron fence preventing them from toppling out of the space completely. Only a bit above waist height, for him, Oran leans against it, his armor creaking as he does so. "Want me to ring the bell and see if they have a restaurant downstairs?" His stomach is making so much of a fuss, he starts to feel himself grow lightheaded. Pressing a hand to his temple, he groans and moves to lie on his back over the disturbed sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.