A New Order [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
V shrugged, "I guess you're right." He turned away from Shaman and addressed the other recruits, "So... what sort of powers do you guys, erm, gals, have?" He leaned against the crates and crossed his arms. He was trying to relax, and it wasn't too hard since he was so sure of himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nah, I don't like games were the determining factors are either luck or how well one can cheat without being caught." Damien said, though he still took a seat at the table, seeing as he had nothing beta to do he might as well watch the proceedings of the match. He gave a look around the table, taking note of the men sitting next to him, possible entrance and escape routes, as well as splitting people off in to two groups, expendable, which included any one with out a power, and not expendable, which include those with powers. The thugs were simply cannon fodder if Collective showed up, and while he'd feel bad about leaving them to fend for themselves, but they should expect and be ready for death seeing as how they were working in the violent underworld of society.

Damien had long ago lost his ability to fear death, as he had gone through something worse to death and it had broken him down to a shell of his formal self. And the monster that had emerged from that shell was Insomnium, wreaking a horrid vengeance on his captors that still sends shudders up Damien's spine to this day. As he remembered those days of darkness, his dark blue eye flashed a brilliant shade of scarlet, and the shadows around him began to writhe around, as if they were alive and in pain. But as quick as it had come, it was gone, almost as if it had never happened, with Damien clutching his head and letting out a sigh of relief, glad that he'd been able to catch himself in time. He'd let his guard down, and Insomnium had almost escaped because of it, and that would have ended badly for everyone.

Syndicate HQ

"That would be the Training Center, miss. To your right is the firing range, right near that is the main building. Behind you is the garage and the track, right near the living and recreation centers." A male voice said to Domino, the voice coming from a tall, dark haired young man dressed in full camouflage clothing, he looked like a soldier but was not, he was a superhuman like many others in the compound.

"Didn't they give you a tour? Fortuna usually does that. Wonder what she's up to," The man said, as he looked at Domino, a friendly expression on his face. "Anyways, my name is Protea, but you can call me Wayne. Who might you be?"[/hr][/hr]

Domino turned around and upon seeing the man behind her Domino's first impulse was to salute him. He looked like he was in the military but his disposition and the way he talked to her told Domino he wasn't in the military. He introduced himself as Proteam but also included his first name.

Domino floated up to eye level and gave a friendly expression of her own as she replied, "The name is Domino but...." she thought for a moment and then said, "You can call me Allison."

She looked around a bit more and said, "Yeah no one has given us a tour so far, and we we're basically told that we were on our own to meet and greet and so on. However being the same size as three dominoes, hence the name, one doesn't tend to stand out in a crowd like this."

Domino turned her attention back to Protea and said, "I have my powers and I want to learn how to use them more effectively, and see if I can develop them more. I've stopped some small crooks but after today I can see that I have a long way to go."

Meta/Syndicate

Meta scratched his head at Sofia's question. He had just met her and she already wanted to know about his life story. Although Meta knew that what she asked was not that extensive but it felt like that to him. Meta assumed that if he was to work with her, they would at least both have to know a bit about one another.

"I don't really like rules at all, they keep me away from sleep." he said a matter of factly. "This was the only place that would accept me. Its kind of hard to fit into society as a normal person when you could manipulate the metal around you." he said with a grin on his face.

"Anyway, what's your reason for joining the Syndicate, your getting on by back about me being big, what about you?" he said slyly, turning the conversation towards her. He really did not want to talk about himself any longer, he was not really comfortable yet. "And I don't remember you coming in with the rest of us recruits, have you been here long?' he asked as he scratched his head.

Sofia Julian // Wild // Syndicate

Oh ho, so he wasn't a pencil pushing goody two shoes! Lovely. A sparkle of happiness erupted inside of Sofia as she realized that they could in fact have a blast since he didn't have a stick up his ass like most of the Syndicate drones.

"Oh," Sofia started waving her arms lethargically, "I didn't actually join the Syndicate. My parents made me come here so I could learn to control my powers and so they could suck all of the fun in my life. My powers surfaced when I turned fifteen, and I accidentally injured some chick at my birthday party, when I turned into a porcupine. It was a complete accident and yeah, sure I laughed a little, but it was funny. But my 'rents completely overacted and so--" She cut herself off to backtrack. "So my dad's an accountant and he works as a tax preparer on the side, so he meets a lot of people, and one of the guys he met had powers too, so my dad contacted him and the guy brought up the Syndicate, and my parents shipped me over here without a second thought. Super selfish, am I right?" She complained. She was still a little bitter about how things had turned out. So what if the person she accidentally injured was her grandmother? It's not like the quill had gone right through her hand! Besides she had carpal tunnel, what did she need her hands for anyway?

"To make a long story short, I'm only here until I turn eighteen, after that I'm gonna be a free bird. Pun intended. So four more years and I'll be able to do whatever the hell I want!" She grinned then, thinking about her bright future.

Meta/Syndicate

Meta listened intently to Sofia's story, he felt like it was similar to him in some ways. His parents sent him away, although they did not send him to the Syndicate compound to learn, but he was sent to an orphanage and was kicked out when he turned 18. He was not really sure if there stories really were similar once he thought about it. They were kind of different, she was energetic and he was lazy, compete opposites, but he could still be her friend as long as she did not drag him everywhere.

"The world is not as cool and fun as you think it is, but I am happy for you. he said giving her a thumbs up. He knew what the world was really like, although he thought she was a little to young to be risking her life fighting against criminals, but he assumed the Syndicate had there reasons.

"Well, I'm guessing your 16, well I am 26, kind of old, huh." he said sarcastically, grinning at the young woman.

While the rookies where getting supplied, they would suddenly hear screams of pain coming from the next room, though they were quickly silence, followed by a disgustingly, fleshy sound that would send chills down the spines of mortal men. Suddenly the door was kicked open, showing a man with platinum blonde hair and icy blue eyes, his face covered in light blood spatter from whatever he had done. He stopped, taking a look at those in attendance, his eyes instantly being drawn to Isabelle. In a flash, was right next to her, putting an arm around her shoulders as he gave her a smile.

"Why hello there, and who might you be? I would've known if I had seen you before." Looking back the others in attendance he chuckled, "Or any of you for that matter. You must be the newest of the recruits, then that makes me your senior by about 2-3 days. My name is Jaden, call me Shifter while on missions. Or don't not like it matters, but I prefer Shifter. Seeing as I haven't met any of you before, and I love to show off, I'll show you my power, but be warned, don't look if easily nauseated."

Jaden removed his arm from Isabelle and walked around her in a slow circle. As he walked, his body suddenly seemed to degrade into a mass of fleshy tentacles, even his clothes, before reforming into a sexy bombshell of a woman with large rack and hips, then again he changed, this time becoming a tiger, than a wolf, then he finally turned into something that looked like an armored version of the Xenomorph from Aliens, except covered in a black, bony exo-skeleton. After that, he stopped circling and transformed back into his original form, his arm back around Isabelle shoulders again. "Now then, fifty bucks to the first person to guess correctly, and I mean the exact answer, close enough doesn't cut it"

V looked at the man who came in. He watched him show off his power, and turned his face away during the transformations. I could easily guess this, just by guessing something random, he snapped his fingers and said, "I'm V but one the streets they call me Green Eyes, and I'll hazard a guess. Your power is... Biokinesis... Hmm interesting." He blinked and leaned against the crates a little harder. "You gonna be going on the mission with us?"

Jaden smiled at V, giving the long haired man a thumbs up.

"Exactly and I hope so, I have been here the longest out of those here. And I'll get you the fifty bucks after the mission, can't carry anything on me or else it gets all messed up inside of me and that is very uncomfortable. Now, what's your power, as this was a 'I show you mine, you show me yours' situations." Jaden yawned, wondering when jack was going to tell them to move out. He was getting antsy to bust some Syndicate heads.

V shrugged, "My power isn't as showy as yours, I can manipulate luck." He sighs exaggeratedly, "I can't really give any demonstrations though." He pushes off the crate, "Though I did use it to guess your power, gave myself a bit more good luck." He walks over to Jaden and walks around him, looking at him. "That's a useful power you have though."

"You don't know the half of it, man, but it does come with it's issues. If I lose any of my organic matter, like it gets burned or something, or I'm unable to retrieve it, then I have to find some poor sucker and eat them to keep myself stocked. Can't do it to supers, as their flesh is like fucking poison to me, but it's not so bad being stuck munching on cattle. makes me feel like my philosophy of us, the empowered, being the next step in the chain of evolution has a little bit more wait to it. and don't knock your power man, Luck is always the most undervalued stat in video games, but it's rather useful in reality. and you must be good at it, or else you wouldn't be here."

Syndicate HQ

"You're like many of the other recruits, also remind me of myself when I first joined up." Protea said, as he looked at Domino before moving towards a grass field by the building, kneeling down and raising a hand, hovering it over the grass. Suddenly, a rose quickly grew from the ground, which he plucked out, turned and moved back towards Domino, a friendly expression on his face.

"So your power is size manipulation? Fascinating. Mine, well as you can see, is control of plants," Protea said, glancing at the rose as he placed it in Domino's hand. "It's much more useful than it seems in battle, especially when combat takes place in a forest or grassy field. Though it doesn't hurt to use around women either." He said jokingly, scratching the back of his head.

"Powers are a strange thing, they seem to grow with you, often as you use them more and more. The training center is mostly for working out physically, though you could train with your powers there." He said.

Collective HQ

"You're still a rookie, Jaden, and yes, you're coming along on the mission with the group." Shaman said, crossing his arms as Z nodded along. He looked around at the group of rookies before shaking his head and glancing at Z, then back at the new members.

"I have other business to take care of, when the time comes for the mission, you'll know. Just be ready." Shaman said, a slight grin appearing on his face as he left the room. Z following him shortly afterwards. The other senior members scattered around the mansion as well. None of them saying a word about the mission, yet.[/hr]

"So you're like flesh putty? Cool, though it does sound like most people would be uncomfortable around you since you need to eat people if you lose matter." V smiled then stretched, "This is quite the experience, y'know two people died so I would get accepted? Like, just straight up shot in head." He shook his head "Hope they weren't too important."

Jaden responded to Shaman with a nod, before going over to sit on a crate. "Well then, glad your not most people. And don't worry about the guys you had to of for your initiation, if they were important they probably wouldn't be there. And if they are, who cares, they were normies, weak, pathetic cattle that exist only to be slaughtered and played with. I had to find some guy and kill him, didn't know why and didn't care. The entire operation was easy enough, found his home, found his lover, at her, became her, went in, seduced him, laughed at him for begin an idiot, at him, took all the money out of his bank accounts, he had a lot, and went on my merry way until Shaman found me and brought me to that warehouse. I think you knows what happens after that. Also never call me flesh putty again, doesn't sound right, not in the slightest."

Sofia Julian // Wild // Syndicate

His spiel about the 'real world' going into one ear and straight out the other, Sofia smirked at his age comment and said, "Extremely." Hey, she was a smart ass. Nothing wrong with that.

At that moment her stomach let out a low rumbling growl and she remembered that the last thing she had eaten was cheesy fries and that had been at seven o'clock that morning. "Dude, we should get something to eat at the cafe." She stated, turning in the direction of the cafeteria. "They have like everything there. Except for candy. They don't serve candy because 'it's not an essential part of one's diet'," She said sarcastically, mocking one of the lunch server's posh and whiny voice. "But they have just about everything else, cheesy fries, burgers, fish sticks, pot pies, calzones, pizza, mozzarella sticks, veggie bullshit..."As she spoke, Sofia began walking away. She didn't really look behind her to see if Alex followed her because at that point her stomach was screaming and she needed to placate it fast.

V laughs, rather nervously, "Well if it wasn't for normies as you call them, I wouldn't have as much moola as I do. So I'm happy there's plenty of suckers out there." V picked up one of the guns and looked it over in his hands, "You use one of these before?" He pointed the barrel at Jaden and looked down the sights then pointed the gun at the ceiling and rested the butt on his knee.

Ansel Clement - Masquerade - Collective
Ansel was hiding behind a stack of crates. Well...Not really. Was he hiding? Yes. Was he hiding behind crates? Not exactly. He was hiding behind a projected image of crates, but not he real things. They were in a storeroom, so it was natural that crates containing various lethal objects were scattered all around the place, so Ansel doubted that anyone would notice a couple of extras just hanging around.
It wasn't that he was apprehensive of meeting the newer recruits. No, stage fright was not his thing. But he did like to observe and it was impossible to observe properly in pain sight. Once someone noticed you were watching them they started to put on a show. An either 'I can't look like an idiot' sitcom or an 'What's this guy staring at let me glare at him' show. And that wasn't real. Ansel needed to see the real thing. He craved it.
So that's why he was hiding behind an illusion of crates watching Shifter intently. The Collective member intrigued him, not only because of his power but because of his psychopathic tendencies. It was rare for Ansel to be able to be around an actual psychopath who wasn't glaring at him from behind a tiny window in an institution door, so he relished these moments when he could just watch.
Of course he needed to be careful. At some point someone would notice his presence.

Last edited:
Later that day (Approximately 1:30 AM)...

Collective HQ

The moon hanged high in the darkened sky, accompanied by many stars. Inside the mansion, it was quiet, then suddenly, it was not anymore as a voice cracked over the mansion's intercom.

"Wakey, wakey, it's time to commence the mission, everyone meet just outside of the mansion, in the front lawn. Gather all of your needed equipment. Make sure you are prepared for the cold, dark night." Then the intercom buzzed off as the people inside moved around. On the front lawn, right as the intercom speaker said, the Collective met, Jack, Mistress, Shaman and Big Z, all in various forms of attire. The recruits emerged from the mansion as well.

Jack stepped forward, in his usual fine attire, the only difference was that he now wore a different suit along with a bulletproof vest visible underneath his suit jacket. A pistol sat in a holster on his hip, the ever evident mask on his face. He spoke to all around him.

"Hello again, friends. For the new members, this is your first taste of action beside your Collective brethren. Do not fear though, we are all in this together." He nodded, then rose a hand in the air, right afterwards a helicopter appeared, speeding towards them, a large searchlight on it which shined onto the Collective group as it descended, landing a short distance away. Shaman approached it, a submachine gun hung around his front. He pulled open the side door, revealing seats, enough room for all of the Collective personal to fit inside.

"I should first inform you of the actual mission. We are going to 'visit' a prison and take some of our wrongfully incarcerated people from inside of it. We must leave no trace of our visit though." Jack said as he walked towards it, Mistress next to him, Z behind both, two submachine guns slung around the front of the massive man.

"Hope none of you have a fear of flying. If you do, then too bad. Just don't look down." Shaman cracked at the group of recruits, a smile on his face as he said it, then entered the front of the helicopter, sitting next to the pilot.

Jack entered the vehicle next, he extended a hand to Mistress who grabbed it with a smile. She had ditched her high heels and dress in favor of a black jumpsuit with combat boots. Of course she still had on pounds of makeup and an expensive hairstyle.

Z climbed in right afterwards, for a moment it wasn't certain the big man could fit in the vehicle, but he managed to, squeezing his massive form onto the seat right next to Jack. Adjusting his long trench coat as he sat.

V was wearing the same things he had on earlier, and under his shirt and jacket he had on the vest from earlier. He had exchanged his casual flip-flops for some black combat boots, and strung over one shoulder was an UMP 45. He entered the helicopter after Z, sitting in the furthest open seat from the door. "Leave no trace? How exactly do you break someone out of jail without leaving a trace?" He yawned and shook his head to wake himself.
V pulled his hood up, and looked back out of the helicopter at the other recruits, they didn't look like a group of people who would break into a prison, but they seemed to have the capability that would be required. He himself looked rather ridiculous, the gun looked out of place in his thin hands, and the blatantly obvious lack of any training with such a weapon wouldn't be very assuring. If he was as lucky as he claimed though, it didn't really matter.

Jaden walked in behind V, unable to hold back the grin on his face. They were finally going to get some action in around here.

"Hell if I know, but I hope we get to see some action tonight." Jaden had no protection, as it was more of a hinderance than anything else for him. He took a seat across from the long-haired luck manipulator, changing shape to form into a man with blazing red eyes, insanely spiked hair that seemed to be dyed every color of he rainbow, and his face was covered in a myraid of crazy tattoos. "Besides, I'm riding in a helicopter, how cool is that. I'd say keep our fingers cross and hope we don't crash, but since your hear that isn't a problem, right Lucky V? You mind if I call you lucky V?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.