A New Order [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Volkos, Pyre
Third Hand Books, NYC
7:45 AM, February 6th

The winters in New York were far colder than those where Simon grew up, and they even seemed to last longer. He often found himself missing Florida's consistent heat, a February in Miami was like the peak of summer in NYC. Now, however, he was dressed for the cold, with a modest suit under his warm, knee-length coat. He walked down the mostly empty side walk in front of weathered brick front buildings, and the occasional litter-strewn alley, until he reached the modest storefront of Third Hand Books. His grandfather had opened the shop, but after he passed away Simon had taken over for him and was making a modest income. The store had several stories of apartments stacked above it, and a faded red awning cast shadows over the large, square glass windows which displayed a variety of newer books to attract the interest of any pedestrians who wandered by.

Simon ran a hand through his hair with a sigh, he really doubted he could afford to keep the place open if he had to rely on its usual business. It was the unusual business which had kept him afloat, the buying and purchasing of rare, arcane tomes. The sort of customers interested in them were few and far between, but always paid well. The money he made as Pyre was usually split between savings and charity, unless he needed to make an urgent purchase or payment. He turned the key in the lock and swung the door open, hearing the jingling of the bells attached to it and smelling the aroma of dust and aged paper which hung heavily, but not unpleasantly, in the air. He flicked the light switch on, revealing rows and rows of book shelves placed in a haphazard manner and a cluster of leather chairs surrounding an aged coffee table, but before flipping the closed sign to open there was a particular order of business that needed attending to every morning.

Behind several book shelves, under floor mats and chairs, and nestled in dark nooks and crannies across the store were red cards which he had inscribed with runes. Checking to make sure each was still in its appropriate position, he began the incantation.

"By rite of the cleansing flame, one of the five great elements from which the world is constructed, I make this place as a sanctuary unto the innocent and a punishment unto the wicked, let my judgment be as thine!" There was no dramatic flare of lights or sudden wind, but he sensed the success of his magic and the…completeness…of the sanctuary he had created. Now to set up shop.

Robert Chaser
Third Hand Books, NYC
Around Noon, February 6th

Robert had spent the better part of the morning simply wandering NYC, glancing occasionally at his phone, though it never rung. He wasn't one for keeping friends. As to whether or not that was a positive, well, he went back and forth on it. Letting out a momentary sigh, he watched his breath appear in the air, It's always kind of beautiful to see that… In Texas, it's rare to get so cold that you can see your breath, heh. Today he was clad in an enormous grey jacket as his body was nearly incapable of retaining heat due to his skinniness, perhaps something he should have considered before moving so far north, But those others are here, the ones like me. Well, similar, anyway. I know we don't all share the same powers, but maybe someone will understand here.

For a moment, he paused on the sidewalk, letting the people rush around him. No one seemed to really care or notice anyone else. It was completely different than how people were back home. Robert shivered as a particularly hard gust of wind cut through the streets, Damn buildings channel the air here, it's so strong… He looked around until his eyes settled on an interesting bookstore, Third Hand Books, eh? Maybe I can make skipping class at least somewhat productive. Though I am pretty damn broke, unfortunately… As another blast of icy wind assaulted his face, he hurried inside and meekly called out, wondering if the attendant was nearby, "Hello?"

The jingle of the bells attached to the door alerted Simon of his new customer before he heard them call out, his desk being awkwardly placed past a row of book shelves and adjacent to a storage room. Leaning forward over the counter, he looked down the aisle to the door and saw a warmly attired young man in the doorway. It was a customer he did not recognize, so they likely weren't from the immediate vicinity of the store, and he couldn't quite place an age on him from the distance, but his voice sounded mature. Waving towards him to catch his attention, he called out in response.

"Welcome to Third Hand Books, are you looking for anything in particular?" he asked, the usual routine for new customers.

"Erm, no." The clerk seemed to be a fairly young man, though Robert got the feeling the man had quite a few years on him, "No, I just wandered in. Trying to escape the cold…" The teenager walked further into the store, relaxing a bit with the knowledge that this place was basically empty except for the attendant. Yet this seemed to be a bookstore unlike the others Robert had been in, with books that appeared far older… He pulled off his gloves and slashed them in his jacket as he ran his fingers along some of the bindings, They do feel old… With his skin making contact, he could easily perceive the carefully interwoven atoms of paper and ink, noticing that they felt as if they had not moved in some time. He continued to absent-mindedly touch the books, each one telling a different molecular story, "I'm not sure I've been in a store like this. A lot of these are quite old…"

"Ah, yes," Simon began, seeing that the young man appreciated their stock. "Well Third Hand is a purveyor of quite a few works of classical literature, lightly used perhaps but still in good condition. Take your time to browse whatever interests you, if you're curious about a book you can take it right over there," he indicated the circle of chairs. "And start reading, just make sure it gets back to where you found it."

Robert seemed to disappear in his thoughts for a moment before quietly saying, "Unfortunately, I'm basically broke… NYC is a hell of a place to live as a student." He pulled out an old book on alchemy and sat in the chairs. The basis of chemistry, though it ultimately had nothing on what he could do… An idea occurred to him, "Hey, how long have you been here? How much do you know about that new organization of superhumans?"

Yes, a student. That made sense to Simon. He didn't envy the young man's position, at least not entirely. He had given up his opportunity for a higher education in pursuit of…a different type of knowledge. Then he realized the boy had asked a curious question. "I've been here for several years," he began, thinking about exactly how to put it. "The Guardian Syndicate, as they call it, is a pretty new addition to the city, an attempt to organize all of the super humans trying to lend a helping hand around here. Some of them don't trust it, but it has been growing recently, curious about joining?" he asked, Simon hadn't submitted his identity to the Syndicate and wasn't about to, but he could give the kid a card…or a number, or something.

"I'm not entirely certain. Whenever I hear the word 'Syndicate,' I can't help but feel it's some kind of mob organization. If they wanted to be some kind of do-gooders, you would think they'd pick a less intimidating name, don't you think?" Robert flipped through a few more pages before standing with a sigh and returning the book to its place. This store could honestly use a little more… organization, or maybe just order in general.

Huh, looks like it isn't just me, Simon thought, before responding. "The Syndicate, name choice aside, have proved an immeasurable help to the city," he said, resting his elbows on the countertop casually. "A lot of the normal criminals are afraid to do anything with superhumans lurking over their shoulder, and they're the ones most equipped to deal with abnormal criminals as well. The city was on the verge of becoming a mess before they began organizing…the other supers," he said, abruptly pausing as he avoided saying 'us.'

Robert returned to his seat, this time without any book. Instead, he simply leaned back and closed his eyes as he asked calmly, "The other supers?" In his mind, he'd gotten an intuition from the man's speech that perhaps he knew more than he was telling, and Robert wanted that information.

"Yes, they organized the others like them…the other freelance heroes around the city," Simon's brow furrowed as he went over what he just said, unable to spot any verbal error…that he had spoken aloud, at least. "But that was about four or five months ago, the middle of last year. It has quieted down a lot since then…although with this 'Collective' there has been more trouble stirring up," he said. Huh, the Collective sounds like the name of the good guys.

"Collective, huh? I hadn't heard of them. They must be pretty new… I think I prefer the name Collective over the Syndicate, though, being part of a hivemind isn't my idea either…" Robert sighed deeply and leaned further back, meditating as he withdrew a crushed aluminum can he'd picked up off the street. Holding it up, he asked, "I have a little wager… If I can turn this can into gold, I'll let you sell it for me and we'll split the money 50/50. If I fail, I'll give you ten bucks. Easy money right?"

Simon's eyes narrowed at the offer, trying to determine if he was being had. The kid had been asking a lot of questions about the supers…and he had picked up a book on alchemy, a mage or a super? Either way, he was young to put so much risk in such a gamble, but lucky for him Simon was more than met the eye as well. "An aluminum can doesn't have enough mass to make a great deal of gold, and who would buy a gold-shaped can? You would need to melt it down first," he said, raising his left hand with the index finger pointed upwards. "With a Flame," the air above his extended finger ignited upon the word, and after a brief flash it settled into a dim orb of fire hanging in the air above his hand.

Robert's face grew into an enormous smile, "So my hunch was right. You should think a little more before you speak, heh… But melting down is unnecessary." He took a few breaths, letting himself focus for a few seconds as he held the can in the air for the man to see. It seemed to move on its own, condensing down, emitting cracking sounds and finally glowing for a few moments before Simon lost sight of it. When Robert opened his eyes, he moved an object in the palm of his hands into his fingers and showed it the man. It was a small, perfect gold sphere, "About fourteen grams. Not much but gold is worth quite a bit even in such small quantities. If we have to, I could modify its shape to pass it off. I'm just worried that either the Syndicate or Collective have eyes and ears who might be sniffing around for unusual appearances, but I doubt something like a pawn shop would have a spy. In any case, my name is Robert. I'm basically an alchemist." He looked over at Simon, expecting his own introduction.

"My name is Simon Volkos, and I'm…pyrokinetic, to keep things simple. I've also been with the Syndicate for three months," he said, extinguishing the flame and putting both hands palm-down against the countertop in a non-threatening manner. "But don't worry, Robert, your secret is safe with me…and I'm hoping mine is with you," he said, pausing to think of how to explain it. "You see, I have a way of telling whether or not someone who walks into my shop is…good, let's say, and you've already passed the test. You've got a powerful ability, it could do a lot of good or a lot of harm, I'd like to see it do a lot of good," he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, taking three hundred dollar bills and proffering them to the young man. "For the gold."

Robert blinked for a moment, astonished, "Really? A test? You can tell that easily?" He stood up quickly, suddenly feeling unsure of himself, Damn, he had me this whole time? An awkward smile plastered on his face, he quickly walked over and made the transaction, "I have no one to tell secrets to, but the way you talked about the Syndicate, it seems unlikely you're actually a part of them. Why are you here and not with them in their compound?"

Simon accepted the gold in exchange for the money, and promptly slipped it into the waste basket under the counter. "Well I'm part-time, this place was my Grandfather's and it is important to me that I keep it up and running," he said, looking fondly at the chaotically organized books. "And, unlike some of the heroes, I haven't and don't intend to divulge my identity to the Syndicate, and by extension the government. I work with them only under my alias, Pyre. If you've seen any recent news you might have heard of me. As it turns out I have my own, short, wikipedia page already," a wry smile formed as he thought of it. "If I were you, I would keep my real name to myself. I would also avoid making gold, if used only for personal gain your abilities have the potential to break the market, and gold has already fallen six hundred dollars an ounce over the past year."

The young man shrugged, "I have no real reason to keep my name secret. I don't really have anything that could used against me if they knew it…" He looked off at a bookshelf for a moment, lost in thought again, before looking back at Pyre, "Answer me, what do you want to do with your abilities? I can't seem to decide… What exactly I want…" Robert touched the countertop, feeling the molecular structure of it, "I honestly don't know what to do when I have the ability to break markets like you say, heh. I'm not really interested in being some savior of the human race, but I don't have an interest in burning the world. And I'm not entirely sure I can trust either side in this conflict."

What do I want? Power…to protect, to destroy, to pass judgment… "To do the right thing, as my parents taught me to when I was a kid, I didn't have powers then but neither did they and they were still good people. My mother was a nurse and my father was a police officer, both of them helped people in their own way, you know?" Simon said, reminiscing about his childhood in Florida, hopefully he'd be able to teach Robert a lesson with his experiences. "Ultimately, you don't have to trust either side. You don't even have to join either side, you just have to find out your own version of what feels right and act on it, whenever you can," he said, making eye contact to drive home his point. "And, of course, if the government knew exactly what you could do, I wouldn't put it past them detaining you, or you being kidnapped by someone and turned into some sort of farm for rare minerals."

Robert sighed and close his eyes before suddenly turning on his heel and waving goodbye to the man, "I realized that a long time ago. I'll probably see you around, Pyre. Though, maybe not as Robert." He looked back for a moment and gave a half-hearted smile before disappearing out the door and back into the crowds of the city, He's right about most of that stuff. I need to sort out my objectives though, and how to obtain them…

The vehicles exited the Compound, emptying into the city streets. Thankfully, where they were heading was not far from the compound and it was a quicker time in the city. They were after the morning rush and if they stuck to the less packed routes than they would make it there quickly. Fortuna turned around, speaking to the rookies behind here.

"Too bad we couldn't take the helicopter, but that would be too flashy for this type of mission," Fortuna said, thinking of exactly what Penumbra would've said if he was asked about them taking it. "Plus, have you ever tried parking one of those in the city?" She added with a smile.

Meanwhile, at the coffee shop the standoff continued. Phoenix watched from above for another moment, then turned to look at Penumbra, but the man was gone, likely putting his plan into action already. So he lifted himself into the air, then slowly flew over towards the policemen taking cover, he descended, then ducked behind one of the vehicles, several of the officers rolling their eyes once they saw him.

"One of my own went ahead, I presume he is already inside, just waiting for the perfect moment." Phoenix said to the cops.

"Come to take all the glory again fly boy?" One of cops asked.

"You know they can't just let us do our jobs." Another pitched in.

"They make us look like chumps." Another added.

"Hey, relax, a situation like this could get out of hand, especially if those thugs have powers."

"You do realize we're the ones trained for this exact scenario, right? We have snipers trained on the building. If one of those bastards pokes their heads up they get a bullet to the brain."

"Then the others kill the hostages and the whole situation goes to hell." Phoenix replied, crossing his arms as he noticed two vehicles coming towards them, both stopping at the police blockades. Before another policeman could say a word Phoenix was up and away, flying over towards the vehicles which he recognized as Syndicate vehicles.

"Jason already took action, I think he's in the coffee shop already." Phoenix said to her as she exited the vehicle.

"You think?" She asked.

"We both know how he is, he does this all the time, he takes the lone wolf approach, I look at him one second he's there, the next he's gone. I imagine he's just waiting for the perfect moment to hit one of the thugs and save the day."

Phoenix was correct in this assumption as the cloaked Penumbra had just entered the coffee shop through a back window which led into the manager's office. He carefully squeezed through it before slowly moving towards the open door which led into the shop. The three thugs still ducked behind cover, two whispering to each other, Penumbra not able to make out exactly what was being said.

He carefully approached them, pausing behind one who began to peek his head over, noticing right as Phoenix landed near the cops.

"Shit, it's that flying hero they talk about on the news all the time, one of the leaders of the Syndicate. Man, they have to be right behind him if he's here."

"Fuck, what do we do now?"

"Don't worry, this is just what the boss wanted to happen." The confident criminal said, pulling his phone from his pocket and pressing several keys. Penumbra thought about what they were saying, was it really all part of a larger plan to draw the Syndicate out?

'There, now we just gotta watch the show unfold and strike when the big man says so." The thug said, placing his phone back into his pocket. At that instant Penumbra struck, uncloaking in a flash, his dagger drawn as he plunged it straight into the chest of the nearest criminal. The man went down with a gasp, falling backwards in a mix of surprise and pain as the blade drove into his lung.

Before the next one could make a move Penumbra was on him, tossing a fist into the man's neck, knocking the breath out of the man as Penumbra grasped his chest, pulling him into his own body, holding him as a human shield, facing towards the apparent leader, the one who just pocketed his phone.

"Drop the gun or I snap this ones neck. You have no way out, surrender and no further harm will come to you!" Penumbra said, his voice ferocious and tough. His human shield squirming underneath his grasp, a look of fear on the young man's face as the leader backed away, clenching his machine gun, pointing it at Penumbra.

"You-u bastard. I'll ne-" The leader said, his words cut off by a loud bang as a bullet slammed into his temple, the force of the shot spraying the contents of his skull around the room and knocking his corpse over, the machine gun slamming into the wall near him, his body hitting the floor a second later. It was one of the NYPD marksman!

Penumbra grunted, he would've liked to take the man in and give him to the proper authorities but that solution worked too. It ended the hostage crisis. At least they had one man to bring in and interrogate, albeit with some civilian deaths. He glanced around the room, looking at the corpses, a hint of sadness in his eyes before stepped forward.

Penumbra maneuvered the surviving criminal away from him, then threw a hook right into the man's face, the impact sending the thug to the floor, knocking him out cold but not killing him. He then grabbed the man by his arms and began pulling him out of the coffee shop. He paused for a moment, looking at the hostages, their faces filled with confusion and a hint of relief.

"You're free to go. I recommend heading back to your families as soon as possible, let them know you made it out alive. I'm sorry you had to go through this." He stated with a nod, then pulled the criminal out, stopping once he exited, raising both hands to show he was a good guy.

"He's one of us officers, we'll give you custody of the surviving criminal." Phoenix said as he flew over, landing and walking over towards the police who had risen from out of cover.

"Tell that sniper he had a nice shot." Penumbra said to the cops as he placed the unconscious man against a police car, one of the cops handcuffing and tossing him into the back of a car.

"Nice work with that one. Too bad we couldn't get here faster though." Phoenix said, patting Penumbra on the shoulder.

"Yeah, about it, those thugs said something when they saw you arrive, something about their boss wanting you to show up.

"Their boss?" Phoenix asked, cocking his head before he heard something, engines humming, helicopter blades moving. Then he saw it, a dark grey V-22 Osprey moving towards them, cables hooked up to it carrying some strange machine. Then four SUVs speeding towards the scene, the first one blasting through the barricade on the opposite side of the Syndicate vehicles, the cop by the barricade diving out of the way as the vehicles sped through.

The caravan of unidentified SUVs halted, the police officers drawing their weapons, the Osprey lowering towards the ground near the SUVs. Then suddenly whatever was hooked to it unhooked, slamming into the ground with a bang. To the surprise of everyone the object morphed, revealing itself to be a heavily armed mech. A gatling gun on one of the arms, thick armor coating all of the machine. The Osprey which brought it flying away at a very fast pace.

The upper part of the machine opened up to reveal a bald bearded man inside, his face behind glass as he stared with angry eyes at Phoenix who seemingly recognized whoever the madman was.

"I knew I'd find you Phoenix. I still have to 'repay' you for the last time when you beat me to a bloody pulp, destroyed my operation and threw me in prison. Though you may not like this type of repayment, hehe." The figure said, speaking with a thick Eastern European accent. Then the armor folded back to cover him, hiding his identity.

"Who the hell is that? How does he know who you are, hero?" One of the cops asked as the others pointed their pistols at the mech.

"Anton Vadim. A mad Russian gangster, I busted his black market trade a few months back, The fool was trying to sell illegal weapons, drugs and even sex slaves." Phoenix said, watching as the mech leveled its gun towards him, the gun beginning to spin. "Everybody get down, I'll try to draw his fire!" He shouted, jumping into the air as the gatling gun began to fire, Penumbra turning invisible as the bullets slammed into the the pavement, then the cop cars as the police man ducked behind them for dear life, the rounds seemingly tearing the vehicles to bits.

"Stay in the vehicles. Don't move." Fortuna said to the new recruits as she sprinted away, running into an alley, her pistol in hand as she ran. Phoenix meanwhile dashed around in the air, moving as fast as he could to try to flank the mech and draw its fire, which he succedded in doing, the mech slowly turning its attention on him as he unleashed a bolt of fire at it, hitting near the legs, causing the mech to stumble momentarily before regaining composure and aiming at the flying hero.

Meanwhile, the SUVs emptied, more thugs emerging, all of them clenching assault rifles as they ducked behind their vehicles. Some of them popped out to fire upon the police officers who thought they were safe as Phoenix drew the mech's attention. Some of the cops returned fire, causing a firefight to start in the streets, the occasional sniper shot blasting into a thug from the side. Likely the same marksman who took down the leader of the coffee shop hostage takers in cover at a safe distance with his rifle.
[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Meta/Syndicate

Meta felt the car go from the soft and relaxing hum of the engine, to the loud and savage roar of the engine revving and the tires squealing as it whipped out of its parking spot and onto the New York street. Meta went from his lazy and uninterested self, to focused and alert, things were finally starting to move along from the boring tour. Meta felt his heart pound as he started to think about the situation, apparently, there was a hostage situation going on. Meta's hands clenched into fists, he hated the fact that people would stoop low enough and decide to hold a group of people who were just going about there day, they would now never forget what happened here today, that angered him. He stared out the window as they sped along, weaving in and out of traffic, fast enough to make anyone sick. It was not long before stopped in front of the police barracked and came to a screeching halt. Meta wanted to immediately jump out of the car and storm in the shop and teach them a lesson, but he knew better than to do that. He noticed Phoenix fly over to the car and speak with Fourtuna, he only heard pieces of the conversation, but apparently a man named Jason had already gone into the shop. He had no idea who Jason was, but he had to assume the man was good if they were going to let him inside a delicate situation like that. Meta then heard a gun shot rang out, it sounded powerful, he had to assume something had happened inside the shop, Meta had to restrain himself from jumping out of his seat. All of a sudden, Penumbra walked out of the shop with a man in his hands, Meta assumed it was one of the thugs, but he longed to know what happened to the hostages inside, and what had happened to the rest of the thugs, but Meta shrugged it of and was relieved that the problem had been solved. But Meta then heard the sound of spinning blades, which could only be the sounds of a helicopter, he looked up out of the car window and could barely see the body of a grey helicopter carrying a something. Everyone was watching the helicopter slowly land and unhook its package and fly off, Meta had barely registered the other cars that had smashed through the other barricades. The package that the helicopter had dropped of transformed into a large mech, and thugs came out of the cars. All of a sudden, everything became a blur of gun shots and screams, the mech was ripping cars apart with its gun. Meta wanted to help them, but Fortuna had told them to stay in the car. Meta glanced at the others in the car with a concerned look in his eyes, "Do you think we should help them."

Allison was drenched in sweat as she moved around the heavy bag hanging in her apartment loft. Her I-Pod was playing "In the air tonight" by Phil Collins as she stared at the bag as though it were a real person, and that this was an actual fight for survival. Then she stopped for a moment and just as the drums came to life Allison threw a fury of punches almost in perfect time with the music. This kept up until the last notes faded out and Allison stood there panting as she nodded at the bag.

Allison said, "Not a bad workout." She grabbed a bottle of water from a nearby table and asked, "What do ya say? Tomorrow after I get home from work? Good for you?" Allison raised her bottle of water and said, "Okay sounds good to me too. Here's to you." Allison chugged the bottle of water and made her way to her bathroom where she began to get a shower. Before she got to the bathroom she picked up the phone on her nightstand and took it with her into the bathroom.

She said, "Been to this movie before. The body is immersed in water the phone will ring."

Allison felt the water wash over her as she began to wash her hair as the phone rang, and she said, "There are some days I hate when I'm right."

Quickly Allison rinsed off and grabbed the phone. She saw that it was a call from Julie Schwartz her editor at the New York Post. Allison shook her head and said, "Why am I not surprised? I should've turned the ringer off." Allison answered, "Hey Jules. What's on your mind? Wanna grab some lunch? Please tell me this is a social call."

Julie replied, "You're home. What're you doing there?"

Allison said, "I don't know. I figured since I was told to take the day off after spending a good chunk of my night at the Baxter Gala I would enjoy being at home. Catch up on FB I am so far behind on 'Words with Friends' I know you're waiting for me to move."

Julie said, "Allie there's a war zone about four blocks from your place! It's like a weekend in Baghdad there! I'm surprised you're not there. I figured something must be up when I didn't get a phone call from you saying you were on the scene. No one can get there to be honest with you Police have the area pretty well blocked off."

Allison asked, "What? Julie are you kidding around with me?"

Just then Allison heard the unmistakable sounds of gun fire and she looked out her bathroom window and could see smoke rising up. She couldn't swear it but it looked like someone flying as well though it was hard for Allison to tell.

Allison said, "Oh my...Julie is this a terrorist attack? I can't see too much what do you know." Allison put the phone on speaker and very quickly toweled off as she was pulling out a set of sweats and two digital cameras.

Julie replied, "Very very sketchy right now. Something about hostages and then a giant robot type of thing shots fired. We aren't getting much right now in fact no one is. Videos are going up all over the net though and we're paying kids with camera phones. Allison we need you down there asap! If this city is going up in smoke I want my best photog down there to cover it."

Allison was getting her shoes on and said, "I'm just about dressed. I'll keep my cell phone with me and I got a camera. I know these streets like the back of my hand I should be able to do some sneaking around."

Julie replied, "Sounds good Allie. Get us something anything, but above all else..." with a very concerned note in her voice Julie said, "you be careful kid. You're not only my best photg you're the daughter I never had. Please be careful if it gets too hot for you get out of there and you get home. No story is..."

Allison finished, "Worth ending up in the obits over. Thank you for the concern Jules I love you too. I'll talk to you later."

Allison hung up her phone and looked out the window again. She shook her head and said, "Well I knew this day would come sooner or later. I guess it's time for the world to get it's first real look at Domino."

Allison headed out and began maneuvering through back allies and side streets. What should've taken less then 2 minutes took a little over 5 as Allison did everything she could to stay out of sight. While en-route Allison thought about those times she changed into Domino and went out to stop a mugging, an attempted break in, or an attempted car jacking. The crooks didn't know what happened because they never saw Domino and those who did couldn't believe what they saw and chalked it up to an illusion of some kind. This though would thrust Domino into the spotlight, and one thing Allison cherished was her privacy. Now her privacy was about to be stripped away, and in a way it made her nervous but Allison knew that this day would come. She knew there would be the people who would stare at her, or try to pick her up to see if she was real. However none of that mattered to Allison right now. What mattered was getting a couple of the cameras set up and seeing what she could do to help.

Allison arrived on the scene and just shook her head as though it was all a bad dream. An overgrown Humpty Dumpty was taking aim at a flying, she assumed, hero and there was fire fight breaking out. Quickly Allison stashed two cameras and just set them up to record. She would retrieve them when it was over and use her computer to edit the video into still shots for the paper.

Ducking into a back alley Allison looked around and took a deep breath. She saw no one was around and said, "Goodbye anonymity hello Domino."

Allison concentrated as a white and blue energy filed briefly enveloped her. The world began to grow around her as Allison felt the her costume take shape around her, and the white mask fall into place. Allison McPherson was now gone and Domino was in her place.

Domino concentrated and within seconds was airborne floating towards the battle suit. She said, "And I thought that thing was scary when I was five six. " As she began to look over the suit Domino realized something and said, "These guys shooting at the cops have got to be hired thugs. This is kind of like football in that we take the QB out this is all over. Without him these guys will fold up shop. Gotta find a way to help out whoever the hero is."

Domino saw a gap along the right hand where the gun and the forearm met. She said, "If I can get in there and start pulling some wires and parts maybe I can help bring about Humpty's fall."

Domino landed inside the gap and then took a couple deep breaths. Her shifting ability took a lot out of her, but she was hoping the adrenaline rush would cut that time down. Regardless at the moment Domino was in no shape to start pulling anything, except herself together.

If I can't stop this thing maybe I can have some fun with it. Hope whoever is driving this can hear me.

Domino said, "Hey nice suit although the color scheme needs some work."

Sofia Julian // Wild // Syndicate

Sofia pursed her lips, tossing blondie's inquiry around in her head. True, Alice had told them to stay inside. But she'd also brought them along to watch the Syndicate members work in their element! And how in the world were the newbies supposed to get her first hand experience if they weren't physically tossed into the mix?

After a particularly loud crash, Sofia pressed a hand to her mouth as the orifice formed an 'O' of surprise and worry. "Of course, we should help! Do you see how many bad guys are out there? They totally outnumber, us, the good guys!" She exclaimed, gesturing outside. Sofia grasped the van door and slid it open a bit, before looking back at blondie and grinning. "Well come on, you wanna help don't cha? Go on out, I've got your back." She urged him, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She wasn't stupid enough to actually ditch him if he left the van, and she would in fact have his back, but not because she wanted to help him save the day and be a 'hero'.

A freaking helicopter had just dropped off a kick ass mech! She wanted to see that first hand, but it's not like she could get out there alone and make it out unscathed. Plus, when everything ended, the Triumphant Trio were going to be super pissed that their orders were disobeyed, and Sofia was not going to take all the blame.

Lucius' eyes never left what occurred outside the windows of their transportation. Every detail was analyzed and stored away in-case it became relevant later. Unfortunately, it became significantly harder to study everything when the area erupted into a firefight with a bipedal tank dropped in the middle of it all. He glanced at Meta in something of a daze, pondering the words that escaped the creature's facial cavity. Had they been expected not to help? Oh, yes, the woman had said this. That was unfortunate, but not actually relevant. Telling a group of- Wait, did these others know how to fight? Lucian squinted in scrutiny. "Don't get in over your head." Then, he stepped out.

V shrugged and then grinned, he didn't have any reason to feel responsible for their deaths. He turned to look at Isabella, who was nameless to him right now, he didn't know what was expected of himself, so he just smiled and gave her a nod. Everyone here looked older than him, which was promising, as he assumed that would mean the would underestimate him, giving him room to impress. He hated being around the younger generations, they were never impressed and just kept getting better and better as the years moved on.
V noticed something Jack had said, and it brought a question to his mind, "This isn't HQ is it... Jack?" He paused before saying Jack, unsure if he should say Jack, or sir.

Meta/Syndicate

Meta pursed his lips as he watched both of the heroes jump out of the car and join the fight. He wanted to make sure the hostages were alright, but the situation had changed drastically, it went from a hostage situation to a all out firefight. He needed to make sure the people would get way safety, he looked up at the giant mech spitting out bullets from its giant machine gun arm. Phoenix was drawing the mechs fire in the air, if they could take this juggernaut down, they could easily take care of the other thugs. Meta took a deep breath before opening the door and jumping out of the car. Meta took a quick look around before he sprinted past the police barricades and into the firefight. He then ducked behind a car, breathing in once again, he took a survey of the situation. The mech as still a bit always from him, but the thugs were not, he defiantly did not want to get shot. Meta thought for a few seconds before coming up with an idea, he put his open palm on the cold metal of the car next to him, and willed the metal to bend. He slowly let go of the car, and the metal followed, it's movements loud and jerking, but it slowly ripped its self from the car, revealing the innards of the car. The metal piece was about 3 feet long, it was perfect. Meta immediately went to work, willing the metal to form it's self into a shield. In a few seconds, he had and large shield that would protect his upper body. Unfortunately, Meta already knew that this metal was too weak to protect his body from the thugs guns, but he noticed 2 manhole covers not too far from him. Meta willed them towards him, he could feel a tugging sensation as the manhole covers started to shake and rattle. The manhole cover lifted into the air and flew towards him, but he forced them to stop, he immediately willed the two covers to mold with his makeshift shield. This gave him an extra layer of protection, although it was heavy, Meta was strong enough to handle it. Meta took a deep breath, his plan was to block the bullets with the shield, and get close enough to the mech to completely destroy it's right leg, making it immobile. Meta whispered a small prayer and ran into the firefight.

...*BEEPBEEP*...*BEEPBEEP*...*BEEPBEEP*...*BEEPBEEP*...*BEEPBEEP*...*BEEPBEEP*...*BEEPBEEP*

Dale's alarm blared loudly into his bedroom. A single, bloodshot eye reluctantly crept open and found that despite straining he couldn't see much in the darkness except for the glowing screen of his smartphone on his nearby desk. It said:

Time - 11: 45 AM
Alarm - 9: 00 AM

For a moment Dale blankly stared at his smartphone, brows furrowed in confusion as his groggy mind attempting to rationalise the apparently illogical message on his Smartphone. And then suddenly; ''Fuck!'', shouted Dale as the mental gears clicked into place;

He'd overslept.

His bed sheets flew into the air, briefly touching the ceiling, as Dale shot out of his covers and scrambled to get ready. With the Adrenaline flowing, he zipped from room to room grabbing the scattered pieces of his costume. Once he had collected the pieces, Dale dashed into the nearest bathroom and, out of habit,

He began to mechanically slip into his costume; a routine he had carried out many times in years long past. Memories of London began to emerge to the front of his mind; he thought of the lives he had changed, the people he had saved, the criminals he had thwarted and the heroes he had met along the way. However one memory stood out clearly from the others and dominated his divided attention; his first night as a Superhero.

Dale stood in front of the bathroom mirror, his costume almost fully assembled, and gazed transfixed at his face in the mirror. It was a worn out face with its crooked nose, greasy hair and unkempt stubble. A face whose youth had been prematurely stripped by the trails and tribulations of a Heroic lifestyle. He remembered when his face was young and untested, full of profound ideas on how to be a superhero without a clue in the world on how things would actually turn out.

A long sigh escaped Dale as he began to comprehend just how much time had passed since he first started his heroic career. He would have liked to have spent longer staring into the mirror, reminiscing about past adventures and forgotten glory, but the demands of the present robbed him of this chance as Dale recalled the reason why he'd rushed into the bathroom in the first place.

He slowly took his distinct scarf mask from out from his jacket pocket and admired it; it was black with a single broken white lightning bolt, he'd bought it from Poundland for 50 pence after realising he needed to protect his identity. At first he disliked it, it felt too thuggish for a superhero. But over his career he grew to love the Scarf Mask and even after his hiatus still felt fondness towards it.

Dale donned the Mask and he watched his reflection change as the pieces of the costume came together to morph Dale Carter, an unremarkable New Yorker, into Alpha, recently unretired Suprhero and the Newest member of the Syndicate. Alpha began to pace with a nervous energy as he looked at his reflection, ''This is all real isn't it? I'm about to be a Superhero again,'' he thought.

Alpha continued to pace for a minute or so, wild thoughts raging across his brain, before he steadied himself and quickly strode his way out of the bathroom and towards the door. Grabbing everything he'd need (Wallet, Weapons, Keys, Smartphone etc.), Alpha finally reached the door, a half hour since waking up, and made his way out his Flat towards his car.

''The Compound,'' Alpha mused, ''That is where my story starts again,''.

Cat stood quietly in the back, she listened to what everyone was saying and watched with careful eyes, she was glad she had been accepted, but what exactly would she be doing, she watched as the new girl came in and Jack approached her, Cat wondered what they had to do to get in? She stretched out elegantly and leaned her small frame against the wall.

The battlefield in NYC

The battle in the streets raged on, the mech stomping around as it followed Phoenix who continued to fly around the battlefield like a bird, occasionally firing a flame blast from his hand at his enemy. The mech continued firing its gatling gun, the massive weapon clanking along as casings dropped from it, littering the floor with each rotation of the gun. The hero flew behind several tall buildings, the mech following the trail, shots impacting into the buildings, cracking windows and knocking off chunks of concrete to the ground stories below. The mech now had its back to the Syndicate recruits making their way out of the vehicles, its full attention on Phoenix.

Meanwhile, the firefight between the police and the thugs continued. Rounds fired back and forth, bodies beginning to pile up on each side. One watching the battle could see the police were badly outgunned and quickly outnumbered. Five of the thugs had turned their attention to the approaching Meta, all five firing their rifles towards the new hero, their bullets clanking into the makeshift shield.

To the right, on the roof of the coffee shop, Fortuna could be seen as she moved towards the front of the roof, a tear gas grenade in each hand, a look of determination in her eyes. She tossed both towards the enemies packed around their SUVs, the grenades hitting the ground with clanks and rolling forwards before emitting their chemicals into the air, blinding those unlucky enough to be caught in the chaos. Immediately afterward she removed her grappling hook from her belt and swung it around a fan on the roof. Then with surprising speed she moved down the building, literally scaling down the walls.

Penumbra emerged in the middle of the group of gassed thugs, a filter on his mask allowing him to move through the gas unhurt. He weaved quickly between stunned foes, using the precious time he had to kick away their dropped weapons, as far way away from the users as he could kick them. Then, like a flash he disappeared once more, right as one of the tear gas grenades bouned away from the thugs, one of them kicking it like a can. A wheezing thug managed to get his hand around the other, tossing it away from his allies and himself. Though Penumbra's actions created exploitable gaps within the enemy forces. Gaps that the Syndicate forces could exploit if they were quick enough.

Phoenix appeared above, zooming ovefrthe battlefield as he flew in a different direction away from that battle, the hero trying to lead the mech into an open grass field, away from the action. He hovered in the air as the mech lumbered towards him, attempting to raise its gatling gun arm once more. Before it could fire though, Phoenix shot a high temperature blast from his hands, a beam to be precise, which hit in the upper part of the imposing machine, causing it to stumble and almost lose balance. As it regained its footing he was moving once more, far enough away to give him some breathing room yet close enough to keep the great machine's attention on him.

The warehouse

"It is not, you are correct with that assumption," Jack said, turning his head to look at V with his masked eyes. "Soon you all shall be brought to our 'HQ', but for the moment this warehouse, one of our many safehouses in the area, will do quite nicely." He added as Mistress glanced at Jack, as if she was going to say something but did not.[/hr]

Sofia ran after blondie, taking advantage of his patchwork shield. She saw that the mech was now in hot pursuit of Phoenix and sighed in exasperation. Now lord firebird was probably going to destroy it and then she would never get to see it close up! Either way, she was now in the thick of the fight as she was crouching behind blondie who was being fired at. She knew she couldn't stay behind him for long, and plus, she figured it was about time she started messing people up anyway.

As Penumbra launched his counter attack, Sofia saw the break in the thugs and quickly transformed into a squirrel, weaving and dashing her way through their legs until she was behind a few of them. She then had a brief debate in her head on what larger animal she should switch to, and decided on a rhino. Soon her squirrel form had warped and stretched into that of a rhino, and it was then that she began to charge at anything, and anyone who was nearby. If rhinos could laugh, she would surely be cackling wildly.

Domino didn't hear a response to her conversation with the Mech, but at her size and with everything going on around her she wasn't too surprised. However she did realize that this presented an interesting opportunity which made her smile.

Since whoever is driving this thing doesn't realize I'm in here I can have some serious fun, and cause some serious damage. Not to mention once this is all over I might even be able to keep anyone from ever finding out about me. People find out about me there runs the eventual risk of secret identity exposure, and ending up on a dissecting table with people trying to see what makes my powers possible. Not to mention for all the classic Rock I have on my I-Pod I'd hate for someone to find out I have "Shake it off" downloaded.

As thoughts ran through Domino's mind she felt her strength returning to her, and not a moment too soon. As the arm began to move Domino was trying to brace herself to keep from moving around. If she moved into the wrong area with everything else moving around she could be crushed and no one would ever know about her.

I have no idea what to pull, kick, punch, or break but at least it might help those outside. Not to mention the chances of whoever is driving this thing sees 6 inch me as a threat is not too likely. Kinda like in "Star Wars" the Empire underestimated the small one man fighter as a threat. There we go got my strength back time to have some fun.

With that Domino began maneuvering the best she could until she got a few inches away from the elbow joint. She saw a series of moving parts, wires, and pistons.

Well here goes nothing

Domino then began pulling at the wires, kicking and punching the pistons, and anything that wasn't moving she did everything she could to pull it out.

Meta/Syndicate

Bullet after bullet smashed into his makeshift shield, Meta thanked God that he found the 2 Manhole covers, they had provided him with enough protection in order to get him through this. Meta had barley noticed the thugs that had gathered in front of him before it was too late, Meta was surprised when he was bombarded by the onslaught of bullets that the group fired at him. Meta grunted a bit, but held his ground, his mind raced, what was he supposed to do against them, he could make all there guns unusable, but he did not want to waste time doing that when he could use his powers to destroy the mech. Meta then noticed the woman that had yelled in his ear inside the car, she was hiding behind his shield also, he then saw an explosion of gas, and then noticed Penumbra flash in and out of view while fighting the thugs. They had made holes in the thugs defense in order for the rest of the Syndicate to make there way though. The woman behind him disappeared then ended up behind the thugs, she all of a sudden became a rhino, he was surprised, he had no idea how she got there, but he would have to do so also. Meta took a deep breath and sprinted towards the thugs while they were distracted, he smashed into one of them with his shield as he ran by, the thug hit the shield and the ground hard. Meta sprinted towards the mech, Phoenix was apparently trying to lead it towards the open field, he stooped about 17 feet away from the giant metal beast. Meta thought about throwing a car at it, but he then got a better idea, he sprinted around the beast and came up in front of the mech, he backpedaled as he stared at the thing, to was to focused on Phoenix to notice him. Meta was about 10 feet away from in before he stopped and put his plan into action. He held his hand out towards the mech's right foot as it was raised in the air I order to take a step, he felt the same tugging sensation he always felt when he used his powers, and willed the foot to pull out from under him.

The battlefield in NYC

Looks of surprise appeared on the thugs' faces as they noticed the rhino charging towards them, several of them sprinted in opposite directions as quickly as they could, two unlucky ones ended up right in the path of the charging human turned beast, they were both slammed into SUVs, leaving large dents where there bodies impacted on the vehicles. Another thug just barely avoided getting run over, but didn't escape completely unscatched as he dropped his rifle in his dive out of the way, his weapon instead firing several shots once it hit the floor, two cutting into his shoulder as he fell on the hard concrete road, blood slowly leaking out of the wounds.

Three of the thugs had paused in their step, their weapons raised at Wild while she was in her rhino form. They each emptied their clips in the general direction of her, the recoil from the guns causing most of the shots to miss wide, though three hit their mark, two impacting into the rhino's back right leg and the other slamming right into the belly of her.

The mech flailed wildly as the pilot seemed to notice its arm going near haywire, the tiny hero inside just tearing into it with full force. Unable to get to Domino inside of the mech's arm, the pilot instead pressed a button inside the suit which detached the entire arm, the massive gatling gun arm slamming into the grass below, Domino inside shaken but not hurt by this. There was nothing in place of the arm, simply a metal piece folding over to cover the momentarily exposed area.The pilot's arm likely tucked deeper inside of the lumbering machine.

At that instant Meta attempted to topple the mech, which did not completely work as the behemoth machine swung its now only arm at the hero, smacking him away like a human to a fly, the impact bouncing Meta away, luckily for the hero they were on grass, if this had occurred on the road then it would've caused much more severe injuries.

"Is that the best you punks can do? You don't think I had all types of scenarios planned out to combat you freaks?" The pilot of the mech nearly shouted, his voice amplified outwards, loud enough for anyone in near vicinity of the mech to hear. At that instant Phoenix swooped downwards, the hero's hands glowing a shimmering orange as he built up his power for one more strike against the machine menace. By the time his foe had readied itself to attack the flying hero, his attack had already occurred. A massive blast of flame covering the mech, causing the great war machine to stumble before falling to its knees, its exterior burning as the metal twisted and contorted under the intense heat.

Unfortunately, the sheer amount of power he had put into the strike took its toll on Phoenix as well. He slowly descended, almost falling as he landed on the ground, heavy pants exiting his lungs with each breath. He would have certainly collapsed had he not been certain his foe was defeated, so he weakly rose up, his legs shaking as he watched the smoke evaporate from where the mech had been.

As the smoke cleared he almost yelled in anger, the mech was still standing, though it was greatly damaged in many areas. One of the legs was completely eroded away, leaving only the framework to show, the other treetrunk like limb showing several several burns. Dark grey smoke bellowed from the monstrosity, the pilot visibly coughing, his face showing clearly as the upper piece of the mech was completely gone, leaving only the cracked protective interior glass. The bald man inside's eyes bloodshot, his nose broken, a bleeding cut just above his right eye.

"I'm not dead yet, hero, as long as I can draw breath I will be after you, even in this broken technological marvel I will still defeat you!" Anton Vadim, Eastern European gangster extraordinaire and mech pilot shouted as he rumbled forward with the machine, sparks shooting out of it with every step.

"You are weak, as are your foolish allies. I will deliver the final blow and my name will be known across the city as the man who killed the leader of the Syndicate." He said, the destroyed leg dragging weakly behind the rest of the mech as it shuffled towards Phoenix, the machine raising its only functioning arm for another strike. Phoenix fell to his knees, his hands glowing as he tried to conjure up something to hit the enemy with. He glanced around once for any of his allies, if one of them could just hit the mech with one large blow then the battle would be won.

Meta/Syndicate

Meta felt concentrated on the mech's as it moved, but his attempt was futile, the machine used its arm to smack Meta away. One second he was on his 2 feet fighting against, a metal behemoth, the next second he was in the air. For the few seconds that he was, everything was in slow-motion, Meta felt the wind as it whipped against his body, he could hear the booming voice of the mech's pilot, and he could barely see Phoenix in the air. All of a sudden reality slapped Meta across the face as his body hit the ground with a loud thud and the sounds of his grunting. Meta tumbled and rolled for a bit before finally stopped and settled about 20 feet away from the mech, his body was aching, he had all kinds of bruises and cuts, and he was not sure if his arm was broken or if his shoulder was just dislocated. Meta was still slightly dazed, but he still tried to stand, he struggled a bit before he was able to get on one knee, Meta looked back at the mech and watched with blurred vision as Phoenix unleashed a massive ball of flames at the mech. It was a direct hit, the mech was smoldering and the metal was bending from the intense heat of the fire. Once the smoke cleared, Meta could see that the mech was almost finished, unfortunately, Meta was not confident that he would be able to help in his cornet state. Meta's ear rang and vision blurred even more as the mech shuffled forward at lifted it one arm in the air in order to finish off a now weakened Phoenix. With one last desperate attempt, Meta focused on his shield, and willed it to smash its self into the mech's now revealed cockpit, the last thing Meta felt was the tugging sensation in his gut before his head hit the ground.

Reactions: Azathoth
Robert sighed against as he walked along the streets back towards his home. Well, I certainly had an interesting day. Meeting another guy with powers, he thought. His attention was suddenly caught by a crowd standing in front of an electronics store, all of them muttering about something. Figuring he might as well see what all the fuss was about, Robert shoved his way through until he found it: a bunch of TVs showing the news covering a fight between a mech, thugs, police, and apparently the Syndicate.

Behind him, an old grumbled, "Damn supers. Should just leave this city. We don't need their kind here. Even the 'good' ones cause problems." Robert shrugged and pushed his way back out of the crowd, uninterested in the situation. It doesn't concern me, not yet anyway. I have other things to take care of. He walked lazily back home, entering his apartment building and taking the stairs to his place.

Inside was a mess, but that was due almost entirely to Robert's roommates, most of whom couldn't be replied upon to do anything properly. He sighed again as he looked at the pigsty before disappearing into his room and locking the door, They should be off at school. Should be, at least. His own room was like a perfectly ordered miniature library and workshop, with books of all kinds and creations scattered about.

Stripping off his winter clothing and tossing it onto his bed, the pale man stretched what few muscles he had before approaching a large slab of metal sitting on the floor. Robert cracked his knuckles and sat down with his legs and feet under his body in front of the metal. Closing his eyes, he reached forward and as he made contact with the metal, his inner vision was assaulted with the molecular image of what lay inside, So close to being done. Maybe a day's more of work...

On a desk nearby, a notebook lay open. On its pages were tons of scribbled sentences, and drawings. One of them was a suit of armor.

A wave of pain rolled over her and then her rampage was over. She was aware that she had been shot, but she'd taken that into account before she'd started charging. That was actually why she chose a rhino because of it's thick skin. In her rhino form, she would be okay for awhile. At least I got some of them! She thought with glee.

She just hoped the fight didn't last for more than four hours, or she would be screwed. She in no way, wanted to be a hippo for the rest of her life. Eew. Her gorgeous body was too awesome to be hidden from mortal eyes.

Sofia as the rhino began to half stagger and half drag herself to a safer position behind an upturned SUV. She then leaned heavily against the vehicle, making it creak a bit. At least over here she would be somewhat hidden. Leaning her head against the car, Sofia watched as the mech went to snuff Phoenix, and she winced. If Phoenix got killed she would probably also be killed because it was a bit late to make friends with people she had trampled and possibly maimed. Shit...She needed to start being more strategic.

Sofia's eyes widened when she saw the tin man enter the scene and strike the already failing mech.

The battlefield in NYC

The makeshift metal shield slammed into the mech cockpit hard, as the pilot inside nearly screamed in pain as the great mechanical war machine reached it's limit. With a very loud bang, the mech slammed into the ground hard, it's front hitting first as the limbs went limp on the machine. The only signs of movement on it now just burning metal and the smoke it created.

Phoenix moved towards it, still weakened but slowly recovering as he stood over the collapsed man made creation. As he began to turn and walk away, the mech opened up, the battered pilot spilling out. He was now essentially a broken, bloody man, once a proud gangster, now a beaten thug once more.

Phoenix scooped the man up, staring into his half open eyes with a look of anger on his face. With the sight of their defeated boss, the crime lord's grunts retreated, the ones still able to walk piling into one of their SUVs and speeding away, no one giving chase. The police could track it down with ease.

Speaking of the police, as Phoenix began to speak they came in a flash of sirens and lights. A whole practical fleet of them, accompanied by ambulances and even fire trucks. These would be needed as the aftermath of the battle was gruesome. Dead cops and thugs alike sprawled around the street, dead civilians inside the coffee shop as well only adding to the somber tone which engulfed the area as the next phase began immediately, recovery.

"Thank you." Phoenix said to Meta, looking the young hero in the eyes as the senior Syndicate member lifted into the sky, the mech pilot, the Russian gangster in his hands as rose. He floated over towards the new police cars, handing the criminal over with a nod and words of remorse as he figured out the madmen only caused this chaos to try to take out Phoenix. A small part of him thinking it was his fault that many if these people died.

Penumbra appeared once more, decloaking and approaching Fortunate who was watching over the aftermath of the battle from in front of the coffee shop, her eyes filled with sadness as she watched EMTs load brutally injured survivors onto stretchers.

"I'll never get used to the sight of so much death." She stated.

"Hopefully none of us will ever have to. That's why we're here, to put a stop to it." Penumbra replied, patting her on the shoulder as he moved over to check on the former hostages still in the shop. For the moment, there was an eerie silence in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.