A Hidden World (w/Andy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She eyed the food tentatively. Her stomach growled and her mouth pooled with saliva. She wanted to trust him, she did, but she still was wary.
She took the food, placed it in her mouth, and sighed. She thought she could feel it drop into her stomach like a stone. It tasted devine. She hadnt eaten in so long.
She looked at Jason while she chewed. Her brain was moving a mile a second. Could she trust him with her secret, while he told her his own? She looked down at the ground. Maya had no choice, or he would never let her go to the forest.
"I'm a shapeshifter. Very well the last of my kind."

Jason raised an eyebrow at that. A shapeshifter huh? that was a first he had never come across one of those before and he hadn't heard of anyone else coming across one either. Things were about to get interesting indeed. He was glad she was eating though he could tell that even with the little bit she was eating now she was getting her strength back and before long if she continued to rest and eat right she would be as good as new. He gave her a small smile "A shapeshifter huh? that's pretty cool when did you find that out? must have been recently I'm guessing and I'm also assuming that the response to finding out about your abilities wasn't one of the best ones was it?"

She put another forkful of the creamy chicken into her mouth. God, it tasted great.
"I found it out a few years ago. I couldn't help it when I changed. I kept it a secret until recently, when I told my parents. They believe that God is only one who deserves powers, and that I would be taken away and disected. So they put in me in the bathtub and tried to cut my wrists, and kill me."
Her voice remained flat as she told him, some of her words slurred from the chicken she was eating, sometimes pausing to swallow.
She needed to get to the forest.
Maya stood, brushed off her still damp clothes, and nodded.
"While I appreciate your hospitality, I should really be going now." She needed to leave. Her legs still wobbled, but all she needed to do was get to the forest and it would be okay.

He stands up and puts his finger against her forehead and gives her a light push back onto the bed "your not going anywhere until you finish eating and rest. I don't know why your so determined to get to that forest but if you go out right now you'll die so at least wait until morning when the rain stops I'm not going to hurt you nor am I going to let anyone else hurt you. I'm not going to let you hurt yourself either so you might as well sit down and shut it because I'm not budging." He crosses his arms and looks at her "You've been through hell I can only imagine but you can only go so far before your body quits on you. and girl..your body is about to quit on you"

Maya made a strangled noise as she fell back on the bed. She shot him a hot glare, her eyes burning.
She opened her mouth to argue, but already the little energy she had was gone. She gave up, picked up the plate with her food, and ate the rest, all the while glaring at him.
Who did he think he was? She coud change here and now into something more powerful than him, and simply tear him apart. She was strong on her own, how dare he think she was weak?
"You dont know me." She snarled as she finished eating. A small part of her felt guilty for treating him like this after he went through the trouble to rescue her, but she didnt ask for his help.
"Then you take me to the damn forest before I start forcing my way through here." She spat, cracking her knuckles. The habit was more of nervousness than an act of toughness. She couldnt beat him. He was twice her height and he looked built. She was more scared of him than anything, but her desperation to be free was itching at her body, directly under her skin, and if she scratched, it would do hardly any good.

He sighed and shook his head and rubbed his eyes "your right I don't know you and you don't know me" He crossed his arms and met her glare. He wasn't backing down from this and nothing she could say would make him do so "If you want to go to the forest go tomorrow in the morning when your rested and I'll even take you there myself then but if you go there now your going to die plain and simple and I'm pretty sure you don't want to end up dead after all you've done to get this far alive"

Maya started to panic. Tommorow? She couldnt wait until then. She was itching, burning to change, and she couldnt do it here. not now.
Maya stood to her feet, and threw out her hand, balled into a fist. With a grunt she hit him in the shoulder. Fuck. She meant to hit his jaw, but her vision flickered at the last minute and her aim got thrown off. She squeaked as pain fluttered up her arm all the way to her shoulder. She slumped to the ground, coddling her arm.
"Ouch..."

He had hardly moved when she punched his shoulder. He looked at his shoulder and then at her and shook his head. There had been no strength behind the punch because she had none left. Her body was quitting on her she needed to rest or she was going to die plain and simple. He gently picked her up and put her back into the bed and then crossed his arms as he stood up straight "your not going anywhere until tomorrow so don't even try sneaking out on me. your not going to get out by using force either I barely felt that punch you have no strength behind anything your doing"

Maya whined. She still fely drained and tired again.
She gave in and sunk deeper into the bed, enjoying its warmth and comfort. She hadnt had a chance to enjoy the way the sheets felt against her skin, or the way the mattress supported her small body.
However, she still was wary of Jason. Why did he care so much.com Why was he so wiling to protect her? She dwelled on it for some time before finally falling back asleep, letting the dark fuzzy warmth of it envelope her.

He watched her and when she finally gave in and fell asleep he let out a soft sigh of relief. This girl was going to be a handful and trouble that was for sure. He didn't know exactly what he was going to do with her so for now he would just let her sleep. He rubbed his eyes and let out a soft yawn it was getting late and he was exhausted from his time on the road. With a final sigh he kicked his shoes off and took off his shirt to show his hard muscles from all the training he's done and crawled into the other bed. He let out a sigh of comfort and smiled as he rested his head on the pillow and in a matter of minutes he fell asleep.

Maya woke in the midst of the night.
A cold sweat has broken out on her body, and she was shivering. The nightmares never stopped. Always the blade, the pain, the face of her parents as they cried and prayed as they attempted to kill their own daughter.
She sat up and put her head in her heads. She didnt want to cry. She hadnt cried since she left home. If she cried she would be weak, mentally, and wouldnt be able to survive. But she had to survive. She made it this far.
Maya looked over at the boy. She could be quiet, and leave. He told her not to but what if she was quiet about it? She could be at the forest before he even woke up, and he wouldnt have to deal with her sorry ass anymore.
Maya bit her lip and swung her feet out from under the bed and winced as her feet slapped against the floor.
She made it to the door and hesitated. Would he hurt her for trying to escape? As much as she wanted to stay with him, she couldnt allow him to keep looking after her, couldnt be a burden on him.
She placed her hand on the handle of the door and screamed inwardly as it creaked and groaned as the door left the threshhold. Light spilled in as she tried to squeeze her body through the small gap she created.

Jason would be standing on the other side of the door leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and his eyes closed. He figured she'd try something like this when she woke up so after he had fallen asleep and taken a quick nap he had woken up and moved outside to cut her off. He had carefully put the pillows under the blankets to make them look like he was still sleeping there. When she started to squeeze through the gap she made in the door he opened his eyes and looked at her from the corner of his eyes before speaking "and where do you think your going? It's a little late at night to be going for a stroll through the park"

Maya yelped softly, jumping back against the wall beside the door. Her cheeks burned in a blush. Who was this guy? Why was he so intent on keeping her around?
"You're irritable."
Why did he want her around so much? She didnt really understand. Maya curled her toes and looked up at him from under her eyelashes, her hair falling on front of her face. She nervously picked at the lint on her shirt, trying to look as innocent as possible.
"But... You know, I still really need to get to the damned forest!"
She spat, pushing past his shoulder and making a hasty attempt at an escape. This was probably idiotic. She had no idea what floor she was on, nor which say to go if she even did get out.
Maya had to try.

He sighs and shakes his head. He was irritable? yeah that made perfect sense since she was the one being really stubborn about this whole thing. He sighed and looked over at her as she started to move away. As soon as she got to the stairs he ran over and literally jumped off the wall to land in front of her and cut her off again with his arms crossed "your not going to get by me..not in your weakened state"

She growled in frustration. How dare he call her weak? She took both hands and shoved him, trying to move him backwards. Her head swam and only ended up making her stagger, her vision flickering.
"God... You piss me off, Jason.."
She fell against the wall, gritting her teeth. She hated feeling so vulnerable. Hated being at his mercy. But despite her small naps and food she still felt like her bones were twigs and her organs were deflated balloons. She knew she needed atleast another day, but she didnt want to wait that long to get to the Forest.
She lost her grip on the wall and fell against him, groaning. Fuck, this sucks. She hated touching him. She hated the blush that creeped on her face when she made contact.
She blacked out again. Her body no longer hurt like it did, but her strength was still completely gone. Damnit, how long would it take her body to actually start fucking working again?

Reactions: Andy
Jason rolled his eyes as she made another attempt to shove him. She managed to actually move him this time but he didn't stumble or anything else. When she collapsed against him he didn't say anything and just caught her. It didn't take long for him to realize she had passed out again and with that he slung her over his shoulder and carried her back to the room. He opened the door and walked inside and then laid her on the bed again and sighed "this girl is proving to be more trouble than she's worth.."

Maya stirred and woke up, this time with the thin rays of light filtering in through the curtains.
Guilt washed over her as she remembered the night before. She shouldnt be giving him such a hard time. She sat up in bed, and rubbed her scalp. Her clothes were wrinkled but at least they werent wet anymore.
She looked over at the twin bed and hoped at least he was there.
"Jason..?"

Jason walked out of the bathroom with a toothbrush clamped tightly in his mouth as he rubbed his wet hair with a towel. He had woken up a bit before her and had decided to take a shower while she slept. He paused when he heard her say his name and then looked at her. He draped the towel around his shoulders and pulled the toothbrush from his mouth and yawned slightly "yeah what is it?"

Maya's hands curled around the blanket that was draped over her body. It suddenly felt heavy, as if it were weighing her down, pulling her deeper into the earth and never be able to come back out.
"I... I'm sorry. You didnt deserve what I did... I just... I want to get to the forest."
She wrung her hands in the blanket, her toes curling and uncurling against eachother. She felt guilty and ashamed. He's right, she would have died if she went out there in her current state. She bit her lip, blushing and trying not to look at his half dressed body, her eyes feeling hot and burning.

He sighs a bit and rubs his eyes. He really didn't need her apology he could understand that she was just scared and she was doing what she was doing because she thought she needed to protect herself. He casually walked over to the other bed and sat down on it as he finished drying his hair and then tossed the towel onto the floor "look..I don't know what's so important about the forest to you but if you have to go there I won't stop you. That is until you are better. You aren't going out there now your still to weak to do anything. I've never met a shapeshifter but books I've read on them suggest that it causes the shifter a great deal of strength and pain to change forms and if that's true if you were to change it could possibly kill you"

Status
Not open for further replies.