A Hidden World (w/Andy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was right. The few times she did change she felt like she would die. She hadnt even come close to mastering what she had, and she didnt want to, not yet anyways.
She sighed, throwing her hands up in defeat.
"So what? Im supposed to sit here until I can properly knock you off your feet or something?"

He chuckles and shakes his head "if I really didn't want you to knock me on my ass believe me you wouldn't be able to I'm not some pushover and I'm not saying you are either because your not." He looks at her "what I'm saying is that you need to just wait until you get your strength back and then I'll let you go to the forest without an argument. But I may offer you a different route and place to go if you so choose to take it"

Maya snickered.
"For the record, I could totally kick your ass if I wanted to." She tilted her chin up, doing her best to look menacing. She was pretty sure she looked like a pouting child.
She swung her legs out of bed and balanced her weight on one leg, placing a fist on her hip.
"Well, Demigod, show me what you got, and ill show you just what I can do." She was lying. She wasnt going to change, not in front of him or anybody else for that matter. She needed to know what she was up against in order to be able to get closer to him.

Reactions: Andy
He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms as he stares her down. She talked a big game and he was sure that she could back it up..if she was at full strength but right now she was just barely stronger then a rag doll and if he really were to get serious he'd break her in half. He wasn't going to risk that, that's for sure. "put the fangs and claws away I'm not going to fight you but neither are you going to leave so just lay down and rest"

Her smirk faded as he completely turned her down. She wanted to run at him. Punch him, kick, but her blows would do nothing more than make him laugh or scowl. She sighed.
"You know, for a Demigod, you sure are boring."
She fell back onto the bed, curling up into the smallest ball she could possibly contort her body into, and exhailed.
"If you wont show me, then you can atleast answer my questions?"

He shrugs and sits down on the other bed with a small sigh "I'll answer your questions as best as I can that's all I can promise" He looks over at her as he sizes her up. As he thought she did have a lot of fight in her the issue was she wasn't focusing it on what needed focus she was focusing more on proving to him that she wasn't a weakling which he had never truly believed to begin with

She hadnt really expected him to agree to answer her questions. She didnt know how long he was willing, but she needed to find the quesitons that would satisfy her the most.
"Why are you so hell bent on keeping me alive?"

He chuckles and rubs his eyes and shakes his head. He had figured that the first question would be something like that. He lets out a slow breath and leans back on his hands. "Honestly? because life is precious and no matter who it belongs to it shouldn't be left to die out. I couldn't leave you alone in good conscience nor can I let you leave until I know you can take care of yourself. So blame my morals if you want to blame anything"

"You're right. I think your morals are shit." She teased.
She chewed on her lip. Her next question would either get him angry or get him interested.
"Show me what you can do, and ill show you what I can do. Im serious this time."

He sighs and shakes his head and rubs his eyes. He figured that question would be coming as well "I can't do that..not here anyways its the same with you I know you don't want to risk changing here in the city and second a change right now could kill you and you know that as well"

She groaned in frustration.
"You, Jason, are seriously getting on my nerves. Then lets go. Out of the city, to the forest. Come with me, and we'll both get the hell outta here! Im strong enough to walk, and once we get into the forest I can rest. GO to another city, I dont care. I just want out of this one as soon as possible."
Fear started to take over her voice. She couldnt tell him the real reason why she was on the run, or he'll just do what her parents did. Try and kill her.
She couldnt stay here, had to leave, or for sure they would catch her.

He frowns and glares at her "I told you no this is where were staying if you really want to get out of the city you need to explain to me the entire situation and if it is bad enough then I'll help you get out if not then we're staying right here until your strength is back"

She swallowed hard and glanced at the door. Fuck, they probably knew where she was, and it wouldnt be until the afternoon before she was in chains and a collar and being renamed "fido".
"Jason, listen, please. There may or may not be some people after me, and if they find me, then im going to be in some serious trouble. We need to leave. Now."

He frowns a bit and crosses his arms as she said that. If people were after her that would mean some trouble but he doubted it was anything he couldn't handle "listen It's going to be fine If I didn't think we were safe or if I could keep us safe here I would have moved us a while ago we're not going to be in any trouble and if something does happen it won't be anything I can't handle"

Maya's body started to shake, and tears started to fall. God, she was going to die. He didnt really understand.
She stifled a sob and started to chew her fingers, a horrible habit adopted from when she was at home, trying to hide her horrible secret.
"Jason-"
She was interupted by a forceful knock on the door.
"Oh fuckfuckfucktheyfoundme JASON we have to leaave NOW!" She threw herself off the bed and torwards the window, trying to pry the damned thing open. She whimpered as she couldnt even budge it.

Jason looked at the door and narrowed his eyes before he grinned "would you just relax Maya..I've got this" He walked over to the door and held his hand out and concentrated hard. After a few short seconds the sound of rushing water went barreling past the door followed by a few screams as the men got swept away. "See I told you I got this they'll be running for the hills now since they don't know what's going on in here"

Maya was sobbing now, her breathing coming in short, ragged breaths.
"Jason you dont get it! They'll be back and they're going to... Oh god, please we have to leave! The're not people they arent human and now you've pissed them off and now they're going to come back and kill you.."
She was grabbing at her hair, sobbing like a child. She fell against the window, her sobbing reduced to nothing more than whimpers. The pouding of their feet. The way their guns sounded as they aimed it at her head.
She screamed, her lungs burning with the effort.

He walks over to her and gently hugs her. When he hugged her his body felt cool and he smelled like the ocean. HE closed his eyes and concentrated again and soon she would feel all of her worries washing away like garbage on the beach being swept away by the current "Maya..trust me..its going to be ok"

She froze. His embrace was soft, and sweet, and she could have sworn she could smell the salt of an ocean breeze.
She leaned against him, hiding her face in the crook of his neck, her arms hugging her own body. Her eyes felt heavy and swollen, so she closed them and exhaled.
"I'm sorry.. I..." She dozed off, not from weakness, but from exhaustion. Maya had never truely slept, being awoken by the nightmares of constanty being hunted.

He held her for a few more moments before he gently picked her up and laid her back into the bed. He let out a slow breath and then smiled at her she really did finally look peaceful hopefully she would stay that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.