A Hidden World (w/Andy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maya snored softly.
She finally managed to sleep. The soft black of it seemed to envelop her. She saw Jason, with his salt-water scent and comforting embrace. She thought of her parents, the way the fear seemed to consume them. The way those men tried to grab her, put her in a collar and do horrible things.
She knew, though the blanket of sleep, that she would probably be with Jason for a while. A good thing? She had no idea.

Jason sat down on the other bed with a sigh and rubbed his eyes. This girl had been through a lot how much exactly? he didn't quite know but he was almost afraid to find out. He had the feeling her troubles were only just beginning though and that she had a long way to go before she could finally find peace

Maya yawned and stretched, waking up for the first time in a while refreshed and stronger.
She turned on her side, torward the window and away from the door, from the room. She had no idea what time of day it was, but she was starving. Her stomach growled, and she yawned again.
Swinging herself from the bed, she walked torward the bathroom. She fumbled with the shower knob until she managed to finally got it to turn hot. Stripping her clothes, she stepped into the water and sighed. It felt devine, letting the steam clean the grime off of her body.
She shampood her hair, groaning in delight as the bubbles dripped down her body.
She stepped out and wrapped a towel under her arms, covering her body slightly.
She stepped out of the bathroom, wringing out her hair and in her own thoughts, figuring out what she would do after she got to the forest.

Jason was out again when she had woken up but it hardly seemed like she had noticed. When she got out of the shower though he was back with more food he had stopped at a McDonalds that was nearby and had just bought a at least ten hamburgers he figured five each would be enough to fill their stomachs. He set the bag on the table and yawned and rubbed his eyes and then looked over at her as she walked out "hey have a nice shower?"

Maya stopped short. She had nothing on under her towel.
She screamed and picked up a pillow, throwing it at him.
"God, Jason, Dont you knock?!"
She spat and threw herself back into the bathroom, her heart beating fast. A blush had broken out on her face. Damnit.
Her mouth watered as she smelled the food. God, she was starving.
She quickly dressed in her old hoodie and jeans and walked back out, keeping her head low.
"S-Sorry.."

He catches the pillow and frowns a bit. why was she mad at him? she was the one that walked out of the bathroom without any clothes on that was hardly his fault. He shrugged and sat down and bit into one of the burgers. When she came back out and apologized he just shrugged "no big deal all is forgiven"

Maya picked up her burger and chewed thoughfully. Today would be the day she might get to the forest.
She looked over at Jason, her cheeks hot.
"When are we leaving, Jason?" Despite their encounter, they wouldnt give up so easily. They would be back, and probably with a lot more force than just knocking on the door. Jason may be strong, but he has no idea what he's up against.

Jason finished his first burger and was moving on to the second when she asked the question. He sighed and shook his head. She was starting to get annoying with all her damn questions and demands about going to the forest "we'll go when I say we'll go alright? Now just eat your food"

Maya scowled at him. How dare he talk to her like a child? She wasnt running on his agenda.
She wanted to tell him off, but she knew he was stronger, and he would only beat her down again.
She glared at him the entire time she ate, polishing off all five of her burgers.
She lay back on the bed, rubbing her stomach in thought.
Maya could probably change here and now, and get away, but she still went through exctuating pain whenever she did, and she wouldnt get far without passing out.
The last few times she tried, she blacked out and woke up in her regular skin, her bones aching and throbbing with the pain.
She watched the ceiling, singing to herself softly while in thought.

He ignored her glare and at silently from there on. Finally she had stopped talking for five minutes about the damn forest it was all he had heard since he saved her. Forest this. Forest that. Take me to the forest. He was about to go out and burn the damn forest to the ground. He finished his burgers and let out a soft sigh and then laid back down on the bed and closed his eyes

Maya played with the strings on her hoodie. She bit her lip and glanced over at Jason. She wanted to change, wanted to show off her secret, but she was scared of the pain. Terrified of how it made her feel. Her bones cracked and reformed, it felt like they were melting in her body like hot lead. Her head swam and her nerves popped and shifted inside her body. Her heart always spasmed and jerked, and she always felt like she would die. When she opened her eyes in her new skin it was like looking through a koliedeskope. Colors moved like sound, and sound drilled her newfound ears like a drill hitting against glass.
She tugged on her fingers, faintly popping the air bubbles in her knuckles.
"Let me change for you."

Jason opens his eyes and looks over at her with a raised eyebrow. She obviously really wanted to show him her abilities as to why exactly he didn't know. He sighs and sits up and rubs his eyes "Do you have to do this now? or can it wait until tomorrow when we leave..it'll be so much easier to do it when we're away from anyone who might see or overhear it and I'd rather not hurt a mortal unless I have to"

"You know what, Jason? Im so sick of your attitude. You think your so high and mighty and powerful, eh? Well half of those guys that are after me would make you look like a toddler! Im tired of sitting around doing nothing! Im not going to wait for those guys to come back and get me, and I can promise you they wont give up so easily."
Her body seethed with anger, fueled by terror.
"I'm going to that forest, now, whether you like it or not, and if I have to seriousy injure you to get there, dont put it past me!"
She hoped she didnt look like a child having a temper tantrum, but her patience was frayed, and she was not going to sit here in this dank hotel room with this arrogant son of a bitch anymore. Her hands were balled into fists at her side, and her body stood like a barricade only a foot from where Jason was.

Jason growled and glared at her as he stood up and got into her face "and I'm tired of dealing with a brat who can't understand that she's fucked either way at the moment unless she fucking listens to me! if it wasn't for me you'd be lying dead out in the streets or worse you'd have been found while you were lying in the street and taken away to whatever lab they had picked out for you! Yet you haven't even thanked me once! not for saving you and not for the food! I'm doing what I have to do to keep you alive yet you keep brushing off what I say! I live in life or death situations every day! Ever since the day I was born I have been hunted because of what I am so don't even think I don't know what your going through! Now shut up! lay down! and rest! because your not going anywhere!"

She recoiled like he had slapped her. Tears welled in her eyes and her skin burned. She was pretty sure her face was red.
She opened her mouth to speak again, but closed it. There was nothing else to say. He had won. Again. She grit her teeth. She wanted to change. Into anything, anything that could tear him to pieces, make him feel pain. She was being kept prisoner here, yet he wanted a thank you? Pathetic.
She turned her back on him, not wanthing him to see her cry again. She crawled under the blanket of her own bed and cried softly, her body shaking terribly, and didnt move for the remainder of the day.

Reactions: Andy
Jason stared at her for a few moments before he let out a soft sigh. In truth he hadn't wanted to be so harsh on her but he needed her to listen to him and yet she wasn't doing so. He shook his head and laid back down on his bed and closed his eyes. Tomorrow he knew she'd be strong enough to actually go somewhere without passing out. Hell she might even be able to change forms but that had yet to be seen.

When Maya awoke once more, it was dawn. The sun was just poking its way into the night sky, back from its trip around the world.
With a sigh she leapt out of bed, careful not to wake Jason, and sat on the windowsill just big enough for her to sit. She parted the curtains, leaning her head across the frosty window to watch the sun make its acsension into the voilet sky.

Jason woke a few minutes after she did. He yawned and rubbed his eyes and slowly sat up in the bed. "hm..." he glances over at her and sighs and then stands up and cracks his back "alright..let's get you to the forest you so desperately want to go to"

Maya nearly screamed with excitement and relief.
She jumped from the windowsill and torwards the door. She was going to get out of here. The ony thing that lay between her and freedom was a few blocks. What if they were waiting for her? They could be ambushed on the streets, and with the surrounding buildings they would be trapped.
She opened the door and bolted down the long hallway without thinking if Jason was behind her.

Jason cursed as soon as he said it. She was out the door before he even had his shoes on. He quickly shrugged his shoes on and took off after her. It didn't take him long to catch up with her "your going to get yourself killed if you keep running off like that you know"

Status
Not open for further replies.