A Forum Software Switch In a Few Weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! There will be an url redirection script put in so -hopefully- all of those old urls will redirect to the new urls like they should.

Will we be getting a new address for the site or will that still be the same as well?

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO FOR 24 WHOLE HOURS WITHOUT MY IWAKU!? @_____@

Same address! Iwakuroleplay.com! :D It's our domain owned by us, just like the server. The only thing we are changing is our forum software.

Also, all of the chat rooms will be open while the forums are down. So you will be able to chat with other members and do chatrp while you wait. You'll be okay. >:]

The site name will be the same, and we will have multiple OOC and IC chat boxes open while the forum is down!

Also, all of the chat rooms will be open while the forums are down. So you will be able to chat with other members and do chatrp while you wait. You'll be okay. >:]

That's what you think. :(

I'm gonna press all the funny coloured buttons when Diana and Jared aren't looking.

It'll be great fun, I'm sure.

So, will the name be the same? And will our subscriptions be affected?

I feel these questions need to be asked.

Can't wait to freak the fuck out tomorrow and spread all kinds of hysteria about hackers.

:)

*points at the notice that says a lot of things are still unfinished*

You can still fill out all of your roleplay resume stuff in your profile, it's just not showing up in the profile itself yet. That, along with a lot of other things will slowly be fixed during this week.

We figured, after two days of downtime, it was better to go ahead and open up the forums than let people stew for an undetermined amount of time. o_o

do you think the links can be redirected pretty quickly, or should I try editing my posts?

If your links are of the utmost importance I would suggest going and editing them.

by the way, will any of the following be available on this forum?:

viewing only updated subscribed threads that you aren't the latest poster of, and being able to skip to the latest post in that thread
viewing a profile message conversation between yourself and someone else
viewing whether someone's online by looking at their profile

Um... All those features are avilable now... The names might be slightly different, but they are their.

Edit: Old conversations will be "clunky" but the new conversation program is SWEET and much easier to keep track of all new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you do those things? x3 I found out about the first one, but have no idea how to do the second two.

Status
Not open for further replies.