A Fantasy SciFi mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely, to clarify:

Balance, Expand and Freedom are young alliances between the alien factions (Imontoi, Bound Reaches and Maltuxian Union) and the races of Ramloch they best associated with. Of course their aims and goals would intrigue individual interest as well, but with the situation as trembling on a knife's edge as it is, I'd advice against it ;)
They would sooner think your character a spy rather than anything else if you came from one of the other factions considering species adherense xD
(The alliances are functioning so far simply on the basis of laying groundwork for future collaborations between the alien faction and the Ramloch races. Lower members of either sides and smaller groups are not likely to be working alone or without backing.)

Now, a third eye you say? Glorious, then there is still cause for effect of awe among the players as they travel through the wonder that is Ramloch and her sister worlds!
While I suspect there won't be much issue regarding said third eye and its reach I am happy to discuss how it is to be utilized in the story :)

Ahhh, goody! "It's reach" is the same as the individual's "normal" eyes. They have to be looking at the source, and the source has to be visible, as in not hidden. Their Third Eye is specifically tuned to spiritual energies, specifically those given off by living things. Or left behind by "the dearly departed". Meaning a Kah'Saun can see the spiritual energy of the living just as well as that of the dead. As for utilization, Sev is not a Seer, like his father. He runs a delivery service. And during certain "times of the month" (when spiritual activity is high), tends to wear a patch over his Third Eye, so he isn't distracted by the spirits of the dead. Meaning, if too much "spirit energy" is present, it can work like a bright light, painful, distracting and (temporarily) blinding. So, yes, utilization... that would depend on the spiritual patterns of other beings, and of the nature and potency of spiritual energy they leave behind when they die. I'd imagine magical beings would "shine" more than the mundane. But that would be up to you.

Oh, and thanks for the info. Seems I'll have to see how things go... like the idea of a character interview. Sounds like a fun way to go. Still very much interested in this concept/idea.

Ah... almost forgot. Do we fill out the CS now? Or will this occur "in play"...?

I have a few more questions

• You were quite vague about how exactly the magic worked or how cinematic the "mundanes" would be allowed to be. Are you just going to figure that out based on what players describe to you when they submit their character sheets?
  • OOC thread when?
Be reasonable, thats all I can say. You'll hopefully find out pretty quickly what I deem reasonable, hell my people are more picky about it than I am.
The OOC-thread will be up this weekend. Which is why I gave you the CS to be occupied with.

Well then, if I am to be as tldr about it as I can:
All of the universe is fundamentaly built up of the same existencial pressure, neither energy nor matter.
When Powers beyond the gods shape the universe, this pressure takes the form of various energies and matter, both physical and astral in form. And the most basic, or rather most existencially receptive of these, is generally known as "magic" or mana.

As a being capable of using magic what you actually do is cause the mana to affect the natural energies and matter of the world. (And not as those using psychic/mental powers and cause the energies and matter of the world to affect itself.)
Many misinterpret the astral energies and matter as magical, but they are as natural (formed in a certain shape and form) as the physical energies and matter. This of course applies to any and all parallell/alternate or disjoint versions and possible universa and their connected realms/dimensions.

Now the reason that most beings (mortals in particular) are not capable of using magic, is because of their "existencial ancestry". As in what created/gave birth to them.
In most the cause was a natural chance and propability resulting in the right chemical lineups, and as such without any actual existencial ancestry.
For some however, they were created by gods or other higher beings, and as such bear a connection to this existencial ancestry. This connection is a powercord that goes both ways, and for the mortals it likely gives them the respite of an afterlife or nirvana (depending on how bothersome their creator made the situation for themselves). But because of them being a part of a greater existencial force, they are also sometimes able to inherit/borrow some of it, and cause the mana to do their bidding and thus affect the world around them.

As for the gods of Ramloch, they have granted their creations both an afterlife and worlds (Solar-system) filled to the brim with magic. Imbued in the celestial bodies and coursing between them, as well as through the border of the physical and astral world.
----------------------------------------​

And I guess you'd like to know how you may practiacally utilize this wondrous "mana". To answer that I'll say a couple of things:
While you don't neccesarily take something from yourself when using magic (though you might depending on if you belong to a race that have a high amount of mana tied to your souls), it is still a tasking work to cause it perform the effect on the world you envision, and thus your mental fortitude will drain accordingly. So will also your physical as the minds work is drawn from the body.
Of course you might not be able to do much if the amount of mana you "command" is small, but that is where finesse and experience come into play, using the same amount of force to manage a heavier load as your proficiency in any field grows.
Lastly, there are many ways to use magic, and most are such your characters have not yet thought of (even if they hail from Ramloch), but be sure that there are no big risk of finding something that is impossible rather than unmanageable by your mortal being ;)​
Ahhh, goody! "It's reach" is the same as the individual's "normal" eyes. They have to be looking at the source, and the source has to be visible, as in not hidden. Their Third Eye is specifically tuned to spiritual energies, specifically those given off by living things. Or left behind by "the dearly departed". Meaning a Kah'Saun can see the spiritual energy of the living just as well as that of the dead. As for utilization, Sev is not a Seer, like his father. He runs a delivery service. And during certain "times of the month" (when spiritual activity is high), tends to wear a patch over his Third Eye, so he isn't distracted by the spirits of the dead. Meaning, if too much "spirit energy" is present, it can work like a bright light, painful, distracting and (temporarily) blinding. So, yes, utilization... that would depend on the spiritual patterns of other beings, and of the nature and potency of spiritual energy they leave behind when they die. I'd imagine magical beings would "shine" more than the mundane. But that would be up to you.

Oh, and thanks for the info. Seems I'll have to see how things go... like the idea of a character interview. Sounds like a fun way to go. Still very much interested in this concept/idea.

Ah... almost forgot. Do we fill out the CS now? Or will this occur "in play"...?
I'll point you towards my magic-explanation regarding how the third eye would likely work. Needless to say I think he will have a constant headache ^^

The IC will begin after your interviews and when you first meet the rest of the rescue-team. So you are free to make the CS now.

Thought I'd get a little creative... let me know if this works:

Early morning, cool, sun, with a few clouds, little cabin in the woods set with all the "modern" conveniences... yes, given this world's state, a mobile shelter, towed through a portal gateway. Self-contained. Tidy.
Occupied.

The Maltuxian Union rep, in no way all that remarkable in species or gender, but able to physically knock on a door... well, they knocked. Waited... waited... waited. Door opened, sqeak and wide eyes from the rep, sight of adult female Kah'Saun, all teeth and claws and... heh... wearing a bright green, loose-fit t-shirt with the word "Heads" and the word "Tails" underneath. "Heads", with an arrow pointing up. "Tails", with an arrow pointing down. She wore nothing else but her fur, a bit disheveled all over. And she didn't seem to mind either condition, simply called...

... "Hey... Sev! Lover boy! Interviewer is here!"

Sound of running water cut off, sound of claws a-clack on tile... a moment later, damp male Kah'Saun, wearing nothing but bare hide and a towel over shoulders paced into the room...

... "Caught me in the shower..." Sub-arms folded against chest, he held out his right, clawed hand in a very human greeting gesture, then...

... "Sev Ornil..." He turned to his mate, quills erect, though his mane remained too damp to get a rise.

"Aurro Kirsit. Hope you like coffee." She gave Sev a lick to his cheek, then turned back to the kitchen. Sev watched her all the way, silly grin on face, tongue stuck a bit out as nostrils flared...

... "I'm so lucky..." A sigh, towel in hands, glance to Interviewer while he got busy drying himself enough to sit down. "Sorry, still on our honeymoon... a bit... ahhh... busy last night. Hope you don't mind."

As a guest, what could the Interviewer say? Either to the coffee-offer or to the minding? Just get through this interview, then get out and go for a drink, perhaps purchase some dark glasses and some mind-bleach.......

Aurro returned with coffee. Very dark roast, with a side of cream and honey, but without those dinky little cups. Nice, big mugs for all, hand-made from what looked like titanium, neatly machined in some parts, hammered into shape in oth... oh, yes, coffee, served.

Then the questions, as Aurro cuddled against her mate, her own mane quite dry enough to get a rise. The first...

... "Allegiance?" Aurro gave Sev another lick. "We prefer thinking it more a partnership... mutual benefit."

Sev draped his damp towel over her shoulders, then...

... "Yes, we're just... simple country folk. We like being independent, but we understand business needs. Times when working with others is necessary to get things done." Sev dipped his tongue into his mug, then took a swallow.

The second...

At this question, Aurro stopped blowing steam off her mug. Exchanged a glance with Sev...

... "Honestly... we really don't care what position or rank. We just like where you're going... where you've been."

Sev grinned after Aurro spoke...

... "So long as you wipe your feet on the mat before you enter into anything with us, we'll take whatever choices you give us. I'm sure... we're sure... you'll find someplace where we'll fit."

Third question...

Sev shifted in his seat, leaned forwards a bit, sub-arms held out and down... the Interviewer had no idea what that gesture meant, but...

... "I run a delivery service..."

Aurro took a sip of her coffee, seemed to contemplate the Interviewer for a moment, tail waved slowly side to side over the floor...

... "I'm a mechanic... you break it, I fix it. Guaranteed."

Sev made an untranslatable noise as he gave the Interviewer a toothy grin...

... "She's very good at twisting screws..."

Aurro nearly spewed her coffee...

... "Sev! Manners!" She rolled her eyes... "Males... can't stop thinking about......."

The Interviewer quickly moved on...

Sev dropped the "guilty-as-charged" look, then...

... "Well... as long as they stay out of the way. Hard enough to get along with new neighbors if the natives are restless."

Aurro gave Sev a shoulder-bump...

... "Everyone has reasons. New can be frightening. Different than normal. Some things break easier than others."

Another question...

... "We want experience. Challenge. Use our skills where needed." She smoothed Sev's still erect quills, then gave him a hug.

Sev?

... "Huh! I'm with her..."

The Interviewer moved on, not sure if they were ready for the answers...

... "I run a successful business."

... "I un-break things."

Onward.......

"Let's see... I have transport." A look towards the female beside him, a slight, pleasant, warm shiver... "She has the tools."

Aurro dipped her head, her eyes, all three, meeting the Interviewer's. Who decided personality was obvious, background would just lead to more... ummm, heh... and it was patently obvious this Kah'Saun couple were both young, so specific ages wouldn't matter... and they'd already given their names, so.......

Thought I'd get a little creative... let me know if this works:

Early morning, cool, sun, with a few clouds, little cabin in the woods set with all the "modern" conveniences... yes, given this world's state, a mobile shelter, towed through a portal gateway. Self-contained. Tidy.
Occupied.

The Maltuxian Union rep, in no way all that remarkable in species or gender, but able to physically knock on a door... well, they knocked. Waited... waited... waited. Door opened, sqeak and wide eyes from the rep, sight of adult female Kah'Saun, all teeth and claws and... heh... wearing a bright green, loose-fit t-shirt with the word "Heads" and the word "Tails" underneath. "Heads", with an arrow pointing up. "Tails", with an arrow pointing down. She wore nothing else but her fur, a bit disheveled all over. And she didn't seem to mind either condition, simply called...

... "Hey... Sev! Lover boy! Interviewer is here!"

Sound of running water cut off, sound of claws a-clack on tile... a moment later, damp male Kah'Saun, wearing nothing but bare hide and a towel over shoulders paced into the room...

... "Caught me in the shower..." Sub-arms folded against chest, he held out his right, clawed hand in a very human greeting gesture, then...

... "Sev Ornil..." He turned to his mate, quills erect, though his mane remained too damp to get a rise.

"Aurro Kirsit. Hope you like coffee." She gave Sev a lick to his cheek, then turned back to the kitchen. Sev watched her all the way, silly grin on face, tongue stuck a bit out as nostrils flared...

... "I'm so lucky..." A sigh, towel in hands, glance to Interviewer while he got busy drying himself enough to sit down. "Sorry, still on our honeymoon... a bit... ahhh... busy last night. Hope you don't mind."

As a guest, what could the Interviewer say? Either to the coffee-offer or to the minding? Just get through this interview, then get out and go for a drink, perhaps purchase some dark glasses and some mind-bleach.......

Aurro returned with coffee. Very dark roast, with a side of cream and honey, but without those dinky little cups. Nice, big mugs for all, hand-made from what looked like titanium, neatly machined in some parts, hammered into shape in oth... oh, yes, coffee, served.

Then the questions, as Aurro cuddled against her mate, her own mane quite dry enough to get a rise. The first...

... "Allegiance?" Aurro gave Sev another lick. "We prefer thinking it more a partnership... mutual benefit."

Sev draped his damp towel over her shoulders, then...

... "Yes, we're just... simple country folk. We like being independent, but we understand business needs. Times when working with others is necessary to get things done." Sev dipped his tongue into his mug, then took a swallow.

The second...

At this question, Aurro stopped blowing steam off her mug. Exchanged a glance with Sev...

... "Honestly... we really don't care what position or rank. We just like where you're going... where you've been."

... "So long as you wipe your feet on the mat before you enter into anything with us, we'll take whatever choices you give us. I'm sure... we're sure... you'll find someplace where we'll fit."

Third question...

Sev shifted in his seat, leaned forwards a bit, sub-arms held out and down... the Interviewer had no idea what that gesture meant, but...

Aurro took a sip of her coffee, seemed to contemplate the Interviewer for a moment, tail waved slowly side to side over the floor...

... "I'm a mechanic... you break it, I fix it. Guaranteed."

... "Sev! Manners!" She rolled her eyes... "Males... can't stop thinking about......."

The Interviewer quickly moved on...

... "Well... as long as they stay out of the way. Hard enough to get along with new neighbors if the natives are restless."

Aurro gave Sev a shoulder-bump...

... "Everyone has reasons. New can be frightening. Different than normal. Some things break easier than others."

Another question...

... "We want experience. Challenge. Use our skills where needed." She smoothed Sev's still erect quills, then gave him a hug.

Sev?

... "Huh! I'm with her..."

The Interviewer moved on, not sure if they were ready for the answers...

... "I run a successful business."

... "I un-break things."

Onward.......

"Let's see... I have transport." A look towards the female beside him, a slight, pleasant, warm shiver... "She has the tools."

Aurro dipped her head, her eyes, all three, meeting the Interviewer's. Who decided personality was obvious, background would just lead to more... ummm, heh... and it was patently obvious this Kah'Saun couple were both young, so specific ages wouldn't matter... and they'd already given their names, so.......

Hm, performance-wise I dont have much to ask for, though I personally get extremely annoyed reading "dot dot dot" every other line ^^
However, thé character/character will have to make a pretty good impression or point for their employment. Thé hiring is no joke ;)
Speaking of which, at least two more questions for thé CS:
Religious beliefs and Personal gain.

Now then, almost done with thé OOC :D

Better? I added the extra questions, and did some other editing:

Early morning, cool, sun, with a few clouds, little cabin in the woods set with all the "modern" conveniences. Yes, given this world's state, a mobile shelter, towed through a portal gateway. Self-contained. Tidy.

Occupied.

The Maltuxian Union rep, in no way all that remarkable in species or gender, but able to physically knock on a door. Well, they knocked. Waited... waited... waited. Door opened, sqeak and wide eyes from the rep, sight of adult female Kah'Saun, all teeth and claws and - heh, "Hello" - wearing a bright green, loose-fit t-shirt with the word "Heads", and below that, the word "Tails". "Heads", with an arrow pointing up. "Tails", with an arrow pointing down. She wore nothing else but her honey-tanned fur, a bit disheveled all over. And she didn't seem to mind either condition, fur or otherwise. Simply called...

... "Hey Sev! Lover boy! Interviewer is here!"

Sound of running water cut off, sound of claws a-clack on tile. A moment later, damp male Kah'Saun, wearing nothing but bare golden-yellowed hide, and a white towel over shoulders, paced into the room...

... "Caught me in the shower." Sub-arms folded against chest, he held out his right, clawed prime-hand in a very human greeting gesture, all three of his dark orange eyes alert and focused on the Interviewer, then...

... "Sev Ornil." He turned to his mate, mane-quills erect, though his mane-fur remained too damp to get a rise.

"Aurro Kirsit. Hope you like coffee." She gave Sev a lick to his cheek, then turned back to the kitchen. Sev watched her all the way, silly grin on face, tongue stuck a bit out as nostrils flared. A knuckle-rub to muzzle, just behind nostrils...

... "I'm so lucky." A sigh, towel in hands, glance to Interviewer while he got busy drying himself enough to sit down. "Sorry, still on our honeymoon... a bit... ahhh... busy last night. Hope you don't mind us not being dressed for this occasion."

As a guest, what could the Interviewer say? Either to the coffee-offer or to the minding? Just get through this interview, then get out and go for a drink, perhaps purchase some dark glasses and some brain-bleach.......

Aurro returned with coffee. Very dark roast, with a side of cream and honey, but without those dinky little cups. Nice, big mugs for all, hand-made from what looked like titanium, neatly machined in some parts, hammered into shape in oth - oh, yes, coffee, served.

... "Allegiance?" Aurro gave Sev another lick. "We prefer thinking it more a partnership. Mutual benefit."

Sev draped his damp towel over her shoulders, with a return lick, then...

The second.......

At this question, Aurro stopped blowing steam off her own mug. Exchanged a glance with Sev, her amber eyes bright...

... "Honestly, we really don't care what position or rank. We just like where you're going. Where you've been."

Third question.......

Sev shifted in his seat, leaned forwards a bit, sub-arms held out and down. The Interviewer had no idea what that gesture meant, but...

... "I'm a mechanic. You break it, I fix it. Guaranteed."

The Interviewer quickly moved on.......

Aurro gave Sev a shoulder-bump.

"Everyone has reasons. New can be frightening. Different than normal. Some things break easier than others."

Another question.......

Sev?

"Huh! I'm with her..."

The Interviewer moved on, not sure if he/she/it was ready for the answers.......

"I run a successful business."

"I un-break things."

Onward.......

Aurro dipped her head, her eyes, all three, meeting the Interviewer's. Who decided personality was obvious, background would just lead to more -. ummm, heh - and it was patently obvious this Kah'Saun couple were both young, so specific ages wouldn't matter. And they'd already given their names, so...

"My father is Rapse'tet's chief Seer, if that counts for anything here. Take's care of any unsettled Spirits who need closure." Sev pondered. "Though he's only a 'preacher' in what you'd call a loose fashion. I'd consider myself open."

Aurro dipped a finger into her coffee, caught the drop on her tongue as it dripped off the end of her finger's claw. "Not religious, myself. All of our people can see the dead. Not much need for religion if you can see where you're going. But yes, as Lover Boy says. Open."

She gave the Interviewer her best smile. And the Interviewer, relieved not to be eaten at that moment, asked one last question…….

"Gain." Aurro's ears turned back, her mane fluffed. "We already mentioned our interest in gaining new experience. Anything else is just extra."

Sev stood up and stretched. Dropped to fours and stretched again, not at all shy at showing off what nature had given him…

"It's not like we're desperate. We're just adventurous."

Aurro, more relaxed now, though she seemed to be breathing faster, watched her mate with unhidden affection in her eyes…

"Male, female. Get together, start a family, go where we haven't been before. Very adventurous!"

Sev made his move, caught Aurro's face in his prime-hands, touched his sub-hands to her sub-hands, then licked her from nostrils almost to her third eye.

"Wouldn't change a thing."

The interviewer turned away quickly, coffee cold even given all the warmth now in the room. Give them some privacy. Mustn't run away, not yet! Even though no more questions came to mind…….

-------

You know, this interview would probably work better if we actually RPed the process. It would also be fun to do, wouldn't it? :bsmile:

-------

Last edited:
You know, this interview would probably work better if we actually RPed the process. It would also be fun to do, wouldn't it? :bsmile:
That would take waaayyy too long.

That would take waaayyy too long.

But... but... isn't this an RP site? It wouldn't be a long RP. Not like the one we're already planning here. Fun, interesting, yes. What we're here for, no?

I am going to drop out since I am no longer interested in this concept.

Mostly because of I wouldn't probably be able to post in a reasonable amount of time, and I have other things on my plate besides wanting to do a Sci-Fi with Fantasy RP right now anyway.

Reactions: VerbalAbuse
But... but... isn't this an RP site? It wouldn't be a long RP. Not like the one we're already planning here. Fun, interesting, yes. What we're here for, no?
Admittedly I've been skimming some of the longer posts since I expect strong, finalized versions of whatever's important to be included in the OOC, but I see a lot of questions in that interview. Are you thinking of doing one set of posts per question (interviewer asks a question in a post, you answer in another post, repeat), or...?

Ok, regarding thé prospect of RPing thé interview, no. As moogle says it would take too long.

Now, I feel I need to apologize Moogle, because if you expect only thé important stuff to be included in thé OOC I must confess that almost everything I have given you so far will be included. And more xD
But then it is indeed important ;)
What new info you'll get in thé OOC is for thé most part Ramloch lore.

Uh, are we gonna need to know all of it? owo'

(also random aside why do all your e's have accent marks over them)

Oh, nah I don't think that is needed. Read the parts that seem to concern your character.
Regarding the *é* I was on my phone when I wrote that post ^^

And @Roose Hurro it seems better now, still a bit unsure on how useful the kind of expertise they'll be bringing with them will be, but nonetheless xD

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
That's all part of the fun, finding out just what they can do. And can't do.

Ok, people, I apologize for the wait, which you will have to endure but a brief moment longer, as I am writing, but not able to finish before the sandman tries to bury me ^^
I shall have an OOC done by tomorrow.

Now then, here is the OOC:

[btn=mode|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-world-of-ramloch.140698/]OOC:[/btn]

I am sorry for the lack of some information, and I will write it as soon as possible, but I felt it more pressing to get something out rather than let my headache win ^^

and you have all been invited to a lovely little chatroom for some more leisure talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.