A Estinthion Love Story

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't mind, anyway." Alicia shrugged, and she didn't bother on commenting anymore on Leila and Allen. She smiled and turned back to the piano, stroking the keys gently. It was so old, and yet still so gorgeous and certainly kept in tune - either by Dillon coming out here and playing or it was the groundskeeper of the school - or someone like that anyway.
"It's nice in here, I'm dry, the sound of the rain is gorgeous, and I'm in amazing company." Alicia looked over her shoulder with a soft smile in his direction, her long and now wavy-due-to-the-weather red hair hung at nearly waist length and was dancing around as she moved to look back at the piano once again.

Standing so close to her, and listening to her ramble on -which was kind of cute-... That was it. He couldn't not. Everything in his head was telling him not to do it, but... He had to. He couldn't not. Allen moved quickly, a hand cupping Leila's cheek while the other stayed helping holding his jacket up; he pulled her face, gently, closer as he too moved and without giving her any time to object or move, he was what one may calle lip-locked. Yes, he'd just kissed her. Under his jacket, in the rain, at night, lost in a maze.

"The company is better than amazing, I would say," he muttered to himself before going back over to sit next to her. Dillon ran his fingers over the keys as if he stroked a prize horse that he'd fallen in love with. Before he could help it, a song came unbidden to his mind and he started to play a few notes of it. Soon the song ran its way through the glass enclosure as he lost himself in the music for a moment. His eyes closed as his fingers ran over the keys, playing a sad but beautiful song. "Do you like to play the piano?" He asked as he played.

Leila was frozen, her eyes wide as his lips touched hers. Such soft and warm lips. His hand was warm against her cheek as well as she stared up at him. After a moment she slowly pulled back, though there was a look of surprise and almost pleasure on her face. Slowly, she reached up and touched her lips, staring up into his face. Inside her body was a rage of emotions. A war was fighting over her consciousness, demanding to know what she thought of his actions. Almost unbidden the words came to her lips.

"Some say that a kiss in the rain at night is a good omen about ones life to come," she whispered, breathless. Her face was a glow in the dark, a light pink oval under the jacket as the rain poured down around them

[SPOILI]
[/SPOILI]

Sitting silently for a moment as he played, it didn't take long for Alicia to pick up on what he was playing; unfortunately she didn't know the duet counterpart for it, though. But another thought came to mind and she simply started to play the matching chords to go with it instead.
"I love it. Of course I usually prefer listening to others playing it, because I never finished learning. My mother decided that it was a waste of my life and her money. But I've never forgotten what I learnt, thankfully." She informed him calmly as she watched his fingers with a smile of awe. She would probably classify herself as at the beginning of intermediate, and the only advanced song she knew was the one she'd played with him just before.

Allen felt like kicking himself. He was furious with his body for moving like that. But that had been nice. He listened to what she had to say as he examined her shocked but seemingly happy face, and he couldn't help but smile as he then stroked the cheek his hand was still resting on with his thumb,
"Well, here's hoping that's true, then." He commented lightly, not yet wanting to continue walking.

Dillon opened his dark eyes and turned them on her. He stopped playing and scooted closer, reaching around so that his hands were on hers. Then, slowly, he showed her how to skip from one part to the other without a word. "Well, you have a talent Alicia. If you should ever want to learn some more, I would not mind showing you," he told her gently, releasing her hands and looking at her face. He was so close that he could feel her warmth at his side clean through his clothes. His gaze followed the lines of her face, almost as if her were memorizing them. "Your mother doesn't sound like too smart of a woman. If you get good enough with a piano you could be paid a lot of money to perform for people. It isn't the best living, but..." He left off, finding it hard to focus on his words as he tried to figure this girl out.

The feeling of his finger on her skin made her shiver and she looked shyly away. Slowly, after he spoke, she looked back up at him, trying to figure out what was going on. She found that she actually hadn't minded the feel of her lips on his, but she felt that to him it hadn't meant a thing--just been a spur of the moment instinct. "I hope that it is true as well," she replied, her voice soft. She couldn't tell him that, for her at least, that had been her first kiss. He'd make fun of her or hold it over her head, she felt and she didn't want that to happen. They had just, at least it seemed to her, gotten on good terms.

When Dillon put his hands on hers, Alicia felt her heart skip, but she then smiled as he started to play. When he stopped, she giggled at his words about her mother.
"That would be lovely. I do miss playing. And yes, my mother is quite the twit. Too much time and money, not enough brains." She sighed, but then looked at him and smiled again happily, "Thank you, Dillon." Alicia felt like a princess right about now. She was in a secret garden, shown to her by a gorgeous Irish boy, and they were alone with a piano and it was raining outside. Could things be any better?

"I suppose we should keep trying to head back." Allen mumbled, "Come here." He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close; it was to keep her warm.
"The quicker we get back, the sooner we can dry off." He added, though he waited for her to agree or not. He really couldn't believe he'd just gone and done that. Sure, it hadn't been his first kiss, but he figured he would think of it as such, considering the first girl he'd kissed had just about eaten his face off. It was a horrible memory, so he settled on replacing that, with this. It was certainly much more pleasant, that was for sure. His plan would hopefully still work, too, but he would have to wait and see, and maybe leave her alone for a while.

Dillon smiled at her and looked into her eyes. Now that he was alone and no one knew of this place he didn't have to act as if he didn't care about a girl. He could be as goofy and centered around her as he wanted without fear or reprisals on her by the other girls of the school. Slowly he reached up and pushed some of her hair out of her face before he quickly pulled back, looking down at the piano with a soft sigh. Instead of doing anything he began to play again,t his time a song that matched the rain perfectly. "If you start the other song in about ten seconds, it'll match in perfectly," he said to her.

Leila gave a small gasp though she tried to hide it. "Back. Yes, good idea," she said, looking down as she huddled against his side, the warmth from his enticing her out of her embarrassment. "Once we get inside the hallways I can show you where the office is, or you can wait with me in my room. It is where Alicia will come when she's out of the maze and maybe she'll know where Dillon's room is, if you wanted to hang out still, or to call whoever you live with to come and pick you up. And I have a hair dryer that can dry out your jacket so at least you won't get sick if you wear it." She was truly just being friendly and helpful with this suggestion.

Nodding, Alicia did as he suggested and started to play ten seconds later. She couldn't have asked for a better night in her life right now; even if it was a little fast. Non the less, she played with him, enjoying the sound and his company, and overall just enjoying herself. Tonight was simply amazing and she would certainly never forget it, that was for sure. Plus when he'd moved her hair out of the way... She would have lent into his hand, had he left it there. Perhaps that would be asking too much of the situation right now, and so she simply continued to smile and play.

"Leila..." Allen said nearly sternly, before softening his voice, "You're rambling. But thank you." He started to walk, but at a pace that Leila would be able to keep with and that neither of them would trip and fall. Now that he was actually being nice to her, she was quite a sweet girl - when he wasn't, she wasn't. Obviously. This was certainly going to be an interesting year. It took them a while, but Allen could finally hear the noises from the school from the students that were all still awake. He smiled, and looked at Leila,
"We're nearly there."

Dillon smiled and soon left her to be the one to play. He turned his attention truly on her and waited as she finished the next song. When she was done, he leaned forward and turned her chin so that she looked at him and leaned in, pressing his lips gently against hers. He left his lips there for only a moment before he pulled back and went back to playing at the piano with a mischievousness smile on, his eyes twinkling lightly. He'd meant the kiss, but he hadn't meant to do it. She'd just been so beautiful and perfect there, playing the piano and smiling that he couldn't help but kiss the girl.

When he pointed out that she had been rambling, the young woman bit her bottom lip and looking at the ground as she fell silent. Leila kept up with him, watching the ground carefully for any more roots that would trip them. She pointed them out if they were in the way so that at least she was helping them get out of the made rather than just letting him do all the work. When she heard the sound of the students at the school she smiled at him in return and nodded. "You said you had no sense of direction and yet you are doing just fine," she said with a chuckle as they turned the last corner and she could see the castle at the exit of the maze. He wasn't all that bad, she had decided as they walked. Maybe they could be friends--maybe. She ducked out from under the jacket and rushed out of the maze and turning, picking up her bag and jacket that were drenched. The cold rain penetrated her body as she searched the dark ground where she had noticed Allen put his bag down and picked it up as well. When she'd put both bags over her shoulder, she looked back towards the maze's entrance, her eyes searching for the young man, shivering as her own clothes were drenched in the downpour.

Alicia froze.
"....-" She'd opened her mouth to say something, then closed it. Her cheeks were a brilliant rose colour but she was incredibly confused. He was smiling, and it was a cheeky smile at that. Instead of going back to play along with him she continued to sit there, looking at him... Her heart rate had increased and was now pretty much matching the beating of the rain on the roof of the glass house. It's not as if she hadn't been kissed before it was just.. This time it was by someone she actually liked.

"I don't have a good sense of direction, but I'm not bad with geography when it comes to backtracking if I can get myself a view of where I need to go. Hence the climbing earlier..." He watched her dash off, and followed her as she picked their bags up. When she turned to look for him and he was no longer at the entrance, he came up behind her, putting his jacket back around her and allowing himself to become drenched.
"Come on. Lets get under some proper cover." He nodded towards the nearest shelter.

He smiled even brighter as she stared at him. He could feel it from the way the air seemed to collect around her and no statement was made. "Was I too forward with that kiss Alicia?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. "Did I made the wrong assumption that you were interested in me? After all, would you really be willing to stay in a glass house with me while it rained if you were not? Most girls I know would have been out that door and out of this secret garden the moment I warned them it was going to rain." He stopped playing and turned back to her, resting his hand on his elbow that rested precariously on the edge of the piano.

Leila looked up from under the jacket at him. She smiled up at him and nodded, climbing the hill up to the entrance into the castle-like area that housed the students. When she got inside, she dragged his jacket down off her head and let it rest on her shoulders as she looked around to get her bearings. "Oh," she said surprised. She looked down at her front which was covered in mud from her fall. Wincing, she looked away from the dirt and smiled up at him, "This way." This time she scuttled down the hall and took a left before he could get too good of a look at her outfit. She dug her key out of her shirt where it hung on a lanyard. She opened the door to her room as quickly as she could and entered, leaving the door open for him if he so chose to come in. She left his bag next to the door as she ran to her dresser and started to search for some new clothes.

"Oh, no no no nooo. I uh... No." Alicia took a deep breath and then let it out slowly as she calmed herself from the sudden wave of "no"s that left her mouth, "It's just, I wasn't expecting it, obviously, and well... It was just a shock. A good shock." Her cheeks flushed red once again, or more so if the previous blush hadn't actually gone away yet, she wasn't sure. "So, please, don't take it badly." She mumbled, feeling really stupid now as she looked away from him, back down at the ebony and ivory keys in front of her. Great. She'd just made an epic fool of herself by acting so stupidly after that kiss and she wanted to kick herself for it.
"Sorry."

Allen followed quickly, the water his clothes had absorbed was now getting to his skin and he did not feel like getting a cold - which of course he knew he was going to be prone to anyway. He walked into Leila's room and closed the door behind himself before sighing,
"Well, that was certainly an interesting evening." He mused, as he then looked over at Leila - for a few seconds, at least, before politely looking away.

He seemed surprise. "Why are you sorry little Alicia?" he asked softly, leaning in to watch her. She was rather cute with the blush too, though that wasn't his first criteria for liking a girl. "Don't ever tell me you are sorry Alicia. Whatever you do, there's a reason for it and you should never have to ask forgiveness for that. Though, I'm glad you liked it." He winked at her and turned around and stood just as the rain stopped. "Come, we only have a half hour to get out of here and back to the dorms." He held out his hand with a smile at her. "Unless you'd rather wait here the rest of the night? It'd be cold as the night goes on, but it is a beauty to see the rain play on the water."

Leila looked over her shoulder as the door closed and nodded, "Rather interesting," she muttered as she took her clothes and slipped into the bathroom quickly. Water could be heard as she peeled off her clothes and put them under the water to soak the mud out. "If you take off your shirt we can start air drying it," she called, all business like to hide her embarrassment of having a man in her room. When she re-emerged from the bathroom she had in her hands a hair dry, a dry towel, and a clean over-sized shirt. She walked over and held out the over-sized shirt to him and the towel to him.

'Why did I have go say that...? You're an idiot, Alicia. An absolute fool. Now just shut up and go with it.' She thought to herself as she chewed the inside of her lip and then sighed softly, and turned to look at him,
"Don't mind me. I think it's just... A little too much for my mind to handle right now. I mean, today was amazing fun, I love hanging out with you and of course you're not wrong that I'm interested in you - its probably kind of obvious. And then this place is amazing, as I keep saying, I think, and then the piano and the rain..." She sighed softly, turning on the seat as he stood. Pulling her hair over her shoulder, she started to comb her fingers through it, before he said that they should leave. She didn't want to. Not ever. But neither of them were really dressed to suit the night-time weather, and so she nodded.
"Maybe during a weekend, or the holidays... That would be nice." She mumbled, a little sad at herself for being such a twit. At least she'd have a lot to talk to Leila about.

Allen had kept his chuckle to himself about being told he could take his shirt off, considering their unsteady past history of the day, and then the change of events during the maze venture... This was amusing. He did so, and when Leila came back out to hand him a shirt, he sort of cocked his head,
"I'm not sure I want to know why you have an over-sized shirt..." He teased with a smirk as he took it from her, though he did so in a manner that he held her hand for a moment. Without his shirt on, Allen was still a little cold, though less so without the wet clothes, but it was probably due to how wet his skin actually was. Slightly tanned but not overly, the dampness of his upper body sort of glistened a little in the light of the room and it showed that he was slightly toned; about a year's worth of going to the gym before moving here would do that.

Dillon looked at her gently and smiled. "You really are an amazingly perfect woman," he said softly with a smile before going over and opening the door to the outside. He looked about and smiled. The moon, for the moment, had come out from behind the dark clouds and was peering down at them and the lake. "Alicia, you should come see this lake," he called, motioning for her to see it. An idea came to him and he couldn't help but play it out. "Why don't you take a look into the lake. I want you to see something that is perfect." He stepped out onto the sidewalk that surrounding the platform and motioned for her to look into the lake. "If you please that is."

Leila couldn't help but stare as a blush started to form on her cheeks. Slowly she peeled her eyes away from him and looked down, "Um-Uh," she said, her mind leaving her with little to say but 'wow'. Shyly she took his wet shirt in the hand that had the hair drier. "I use it when I'm cleaning, or sleeping, or dan--" Why was she telling him this? Her cheeks became a darker pink and she turned away so that he wouldn't see it. Reluctantly she pulled her hand from his, letting him have the shirt as she went over to the small desk that she had and spread out the shirt on the wood. Plugging in the dryer, she put it on the desk and turned to look for his jacket. When she found it where she'd dropped it after she entered the room, she picked it up and went to drape it over her chair. "This'll only take a few moments I think, and then I can show you to the front office and you can see about getting a ride home, or finding Dillon's room if you are staying a little later."

Alicia stood and walked over. Her head was doing her in now after so many things had happened. She wished though that he'd kissed her just a little longer. At least then she might have had time to react a little better. Without a word, as she felt every time she opened her mouth now she was just saying something stupid, she walked over to him, and came to stand at the side of the lake.
"You know, I think I know what you're trying to do... Push me in, and I promise to never talk to you again." She poked her tongue out with a cute expression before she took a deep breath and acted like herself once again, before she looked down at the lake; as she did, her hair fell around her face and she huffed, pushing it behind her ears.

"Dancing?" Allen finished for her with a cheeky grin. Yeah sure, he could picture her frolicking around her room in just a shirt. He quickly shoved the thought from his mind as it was rather inappropriate, even though it made him raise an eyebrow at the fact he was now putting on a shirt that she slept in. Now that would create some stories with Dillon for sure.
"Um, Leila. It's a hairdryer. That is a jacket. It's going to take more than a few moments." Allen then walked over to her, still with the smirk on his face, "Don't worry about it. I'll put it in the dryer when I get home." He informed as he now stood beside her.

Dillon shook his head. "Then what would have been the point of keeping you dry up until now?" he asked as he came to stand beside her. "Ah, see, I told you that you'd see something perfect in the water and there she is." He pointed at her reflection, a smile brightening his face under the moonlight. He reached up behind her and helped by holding her hair out of her way, though he thought her hair was a perk to her looks and not a troublesome thing.

"Yes, I dance in that shirt," Leila admitted, refusing to look at him. "Well, really only during the summer and winter holidays when no one is here--why am I telling you all this?" She frowned and turned on the hair dryer, and started with the man's shirt. "This is a very powerful dryer," she grumbled and started with the sleeves of his shirt. She flicked her eyes over at him for a moment and was almost glad that he'd pulled the shirt on. At the same time she found herself staring at him again as she moved the hair dryer up and down the arm, making the drenched material damp instead.

As corny as it was, Alicia couldn't help but laugh softly,
"And how many times has that one worked on a girl?" She asked teasingly as she turned to look at him with a smile to match, "But, thank you. I can honestly say you're the only person who has ever managed to make me smile and laugh so much in one day. Perhaps a reward is required?" Yes, Alicia could be just as devilishly mischievous as Dillon... Well, maybe not with everything, but in this case, perhaps.

"There's nothing wrong with dancing around in just a shirt." Allen shrugged, "And you're telling me this because you're more relaxed now and you feel like it. I also don't doubt that it's a powerful dryer, but it won't be the same as a proper tumble dryer. I do, however, appreciate it." For some strange reason, though not necessarily strange considering the nature of the evening, he grabbed Leila's hairbrush that he'd located nearby, and then gently took hold of he hair as he stood behind her, and started to brush it gently. He'd only ever done this once and that was with his cousin during her graduation from primary school not long before he'd left to come here; she'd told him that he'd done an amazing job, but he didn't think much of it.

"It's never worked on a girl because I've never told anyone that before," Dillon told her truthfully, shrugging a little as she laughed. Her laughter seemed right for this place. Not too loud or forced. Just right. "And the only reward I require from you Alicia is that you'd be willing to sit with me tomorrow at lunch. Though, if you can think of a better reward that you would rather give me, I will not disagree with it." He stepped closer to her, her smile intriguing him. He reached out and stopped his fingers less than an inch from her skin, as if he were afraid that by touching the girl she would dissolve. Slowly he bent in, watching her face for any signals to stop. He paused for a moment, an inch from her face as his hand rested gently on the back of her neck. His eyes sought permission this time rather than just taking as he had when they had been next to the piano.

"I never said that I danced only in a shirt," Leila said, blushing terribly at the idea. She was about to say something else when she felt him hold her hair and start to brush it. Her heart slammed against her chest as she stared down at the shirt she was attempting to dry. No one had brushed her hair for her before that she could remember. She'd been taught a young age to rely on herself for such tasks. Her mother had been too busy to do it for her, even when Leila had asked. She found his hands working over her hair with the brush to have a soothing affect on her--one that she did not want to stop. "You are a mystery Allen. One big, giant mystery. You've gotten me to tell you things I've never told anyone but Alicia in less than a day. You are good with geography but lousy with direction, and you have an innate ability to tick me off. But despite all this you are right, I feel relaxed enough to tell you stuff. I don't understand it," she told him slowly, as she finished drying one of the arms of the shirt.

"Well..." She'd been about to say something else, but by the time Dillon had come closer to her again, whatever thought she'd had was now gone, and she was trying to calm her heart down a little as she felt it hammering in her chest.
'Calm down, Alicia. It's just a kiss. From your crush. Again. But more serious... CALM DOWN GIRL!" Alicia repeated over in her head a few times before she simply ignored herself and with a cheeky but certainly very pleased smile, she closed the gap between them gently and with her eyes now closed, could feel the warmth from his lips on hers. This time though, she was actually able to enjoy it, and she'd sneakily already looped her arms around his back. She doubted that there was anything at all that could make the night any better, that was for sure. Usually in a moment like this, somewhere in the back of her mind, she'd be thinking about how she couldn't wait to tell Leila; not this time. Nothing was clouding her mind at all. Everything was purely focused on the here-and-now. On the kiss.

Allen had laughed at her retort about the shirt. It had certainly been a cheeky thing to say, but totally worth it in his opinion.
"Indeed." He replied to her, about being a mystery, "Always have been, according to friends back home. But I don't think so. Just... Spontaneous." He mused with a slight shrug as he continued to brush her hair, but he was smiling. Her hair felt amazing he held it... No, he didn't have a hair fetish, it was just soft from all the brushing; even when he'd come across knots, he'd gotten them out skillfully and painlessly. After all, there was no need to physically hurt her, and he could tell but the simple fact she hadn't stopped him that she didn't mind.
"And it's probably something better left alone. For a female trying to understand how the male brain truly works is like a male trying to figure out how the female brain works. It'll never happen." He chuckled, merely teasing her a little, though it seemed like a true enough statement when he really thought about it.

Dillon grinned into the kiss. His other arm looped around her waist, holding her body close against his as this time she kissed him. How interesting this girl was. After a moment or two he pulled away, though his hands remained where they were. His smile was bright and happy now, and he leaned in to kiss her again before a cold wind slapped at his back. "We should head in," he said in almost a disappointed tone. "Unless you want to get wet, or stuck in the Piano house again." He grinned down at her and looked back the way they came. They had maybe ten minuets to make the twenty minute trek back to the dorms. It would be a tight fit, but he thought he could get them there. And then they could either go to her room, or his, or -- At that moment he remembered his new friend Allen. What if he was still stuck out in the maze with Leila? He winced and made an inward sigh. he'd just find otu tomorrow he supposed. He didn't want to leave this girl in case this was all some sort of evil dream.

She'd just turned to start on the other arm when he said that people shouldn't try to figure out other people's minds. She thought about that as she let the blow dryer dry the sleeve. Leila supposed it was true. But just to make an argument out of it, Leila smiled, "Then what about those profilists? They have to think like the people they profile don't they? And since most serial murders or other horrible criminals like that are male, do not female profilists have to figure out a male's brain?" She turned her head just slightly so that he could see the smile on her face and know that it she was just being argumentative before quickly turning to face forward again. What did it matter if he knew? She frowned down at the shirt as the jerkish way he had treated her returned to the front of her mind. Had that really only been that morning? And yet he'd stolen her first kiss and was now acting like a civilized human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.