A Estinthion Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, that sucks." Allen grumbled about the no reception, "I suppose its not a bad idea, though. No point in cheating. And yeah, I can see she is." He wasn't interested in her, just intrigued by her style, and Penelope's choice in friends. Not saying that she had bad taste, but much like Leila and Alicia, it always came across as strange to him that more and more girls were hanging out with other girls that looked like they were basically total opposites. He shrugged it off and continued on over to all the girls.

Alicia gave Leila a hug,
"I don't think it'll be as bad as you think." She sighed, thinking over what her friend had said moments earlier about Allen having said something about it all being because he was new... Weird, and kind of irritating. Leila didn't suspect her of anything, did she? Chewing her lip, she stepped back as the guys came over and smiled at Dillon,
"Penelope and Mikaela are partnering, so Leila decided that she'd have to go with Allen." She announced, and was nearly bounding around anxiously as she waited to get started. She wasn't usually the type of girl to get excited over hanging with a guy, but Dillon was different. He was smart, funny, and even though she often felt embarrased and blushed a lot, he made her laugh. That and the fact he wasn't like most other guys.

Dillon smiled and walked over to take Alicia under his arm. "Do not worry little girl, she will be fine and I will take care of you in there. I've been in and out a fair few times," he teased, winking at Alicia before releasing her and going to the next exit that hadn't been taken. He had chosen the hardest one to navigate which insured him time to talk and get to know Alicia. And it would give Allen time to get out before them. "So," He said in a softer voice, "Do you think that they'll kill each other in here since Allen has confided in me that he's horrible with directions as well."

Leila watched her friend being pulled away by the guy she liked and sighed. For a moment a look of wistfulness appeared on her features as she watched Alicia and Dillon before she looked away and closed herself off from the rest of the group, waiting for the signal to go. She glanced at Allen and then away quickly, deciding that she might as well face the fact that she was going to be stuck with him until they got out. With that in mind she remembered his strane actions recently. Deciding that she wouldn't stand for that she looked forward and crossed her arms.

Alicia kept her squeal of excitement in her head as Dillon put his arm around her and spoke, but certainly couldn't stop her sheer excitement show on her face as she looked over at Leila with a grin, before turning with Dillon to the entrace. She'd only ever been in here a couple of times and no doubt wouldn't be able to remember anything anyway. Thankfully she had him. As he spoke again, though, her jaw dropped,
"Are you serious? Oh my god Leila is going to die. And then come back and haunt me." She whined, shocked at what she was hearing, but then she stopped for a minute, and started laughing, because now that she thought about it, it was hilarious.
"This is going to be so fun."

"Don't look so upset, Leila. It can't be that bad, can it?" Allen raised an eyebrow, and held his arm out as if for her to take it. He was, of course, doing this to hopefully drive her utterly insane, but he also actually wanted to know exactly what she was like when in such a situation as now. He loved to play with people's minds and bringing out the best and worst in people; for him, it was the best way to understand how they worked. He was actually also rather intrigued by Leila, not that he would admit that to her, of course. He wtched as Penelope and Mikaela got ready and the signal was about to be given to start.

"I would have to agree with you on that Alicia," he said before smiling at the girl before smiling at the others. "Ready?" he called.

Leila looked down at the arm that was offered to her and she looked up at him. What game was he playing? She looked over at the other pairings and sighed, shaking her head. "I don't think you understand Allen," she whispered and slowly took the arm that he offered, not trusting it completely. It would be rude to refuse though since he was, for the moment, being such a gentleman. "I have no sense of direction what so ever, so the moment we enter there and turn a corner I'll be as lost as a mouse in a mouse trap." She looked at Alicia down at her entrance. She would have preferred to go with her best friend, but couldn't take her away from her dream guy.

Alicia nodded as he asked if everyone was ready; she looked around at the same time to see most others do the same. It even made her giggle that Leila had looped arms with Allen, even though it confused her as to why the guy would be doing such a thing. Today was just sooooooo messed up, according to Alicia's brain, anyway.
"Let's get going, then, yes?" She grinned, looking that slight little bit up at Dillon, clearly quite the puppy right now.

"Well then," Allen smirked, "That makes two of us." He whispered, but it was loud enough for Leila to hear. He could tell, also, that the girl of course didn't trust him, which was highly amusing for him,
"So don't worry too much. Dillon, I'm sure, will come looking for us if he beats us out." He chuckled, taking a glance around at Leila, and then over at Dillon.

"Let's go," Dillon said and started off into the maze at a gentle walk. Like he had planned, he would be happy to take his time with Alicia. "So," he said companionably, "It seems to me that Allen has defrosted a bit towards the lovely Leila. What do you think of it Alicia?" He made a right turn, leading the way deeper into the maze. A mental map he had formed after many times running into the maze was leading him safely so he turned and walked backwards, watching the girl with a smile as his eyes sparkled with mischief.

Leila was frozen in place as he told her that he had no sense of direction. "Then-" she started to say before the other two teams took off into the maze. "We shouldn't do this. What if we get lost?" Her body was trembling with nervous energy. She hated being lost. Abhorred it. Leila couldn't believe that he was willing to go into the maze with no sense of direction. Was he mad? Her gaze went from maze to Allen's face. No, she didn't like this at all. Without realizing it the hand that was looped in Allen's tightened it's grasp as her subconscious mind reached for support in her frightened state.

Alicia giggled at him as he walked backwards,
"You nutter. But, as for Allen and Leila... I'm stumped. I mean, it's great he's starting to treat her a little better but... I don't get it! Someone doesn't just go from absolutely hating someone to basically wanting to date them." She blinked, thought about what she said, and started laughing all over again. She doubted that there would beany way that Leila would ever be in any sort of relationship with Allen, ever. It was too wild to continue thinking about, and so when she calmed down from laughing, Alicia looked up at Dillon with a cheeky smile,
"That would be hilarious." She mused with a slightly cocked head - she hoped though, that he wouldn't want to talk about Leila and Allen the whole time.

"We'll be fineeee." He assured, "Come on." Without giving her much of a choice considering she was holding onto him rather tightly, he simply started walking on into the maze and practically draging her with him.
"If it helps you any, Dillon gave me a map as a reference if we think we're lost. So calm down. I'm perfetly fine with directions when I have a reference," Allen sighed. He hadn't planned on telling her, but he didn't want her having a panic attack over not knowing. He stopped after turning the first corner, and moved to stand in front of her,
"You going to be ok?" He asked, looking genuinly concerned.

"I suppose so," he said with a shrug before turning another corner as he continued to walk backwards since she seemed to find it funny.

He watched her. Carefully the distance between him and her lessened as he slowed. "You have a very happy nature it seems to me. You don't seem afraid to feel the emotions that there is to feel," he said almost as if he were trying to figure out a very complicated puzzle. "Alicia, I don't remember if I asked you this or not, but why did you go to Spain over the summer?"

Leila looked back over her shoulder at the turn when he stopped. The knowledge that they had a map helped calm her a tiny bit. The concern in his face however stunned her. She turned to look at him and she let out a soft smile. It wasn't the polite smile but one that was genuine, at least for the moment. "

We have a map right?" she asked and gave a shrug. "As long as we have a map, I-I'll be fine." She looked passed him and started down the long hallway that the bushes formed, leaving little room for a mistake at least for now. Despite the reassurance that they had a map she was trembling as she kept looking back over her shoulder at the turn that would lead them out. She had to remain calm.

Alicia was pretty observant and had noticed that the space between them was hardly anything anymore, and so of course it put a light blush on her cheeks. For some reason she was prone to blushing around Dillon. Never in her life had she blushed so much in one day.
"Personally I prefer to show my emotions. People don't think I'm a robot or simply think I have no feelings. It's important, but mostly for myself. As for Spain... It was mostly my mother's idea. I mean, it was absolutely beautiful even though I ended up catching a cold while I was there," She laughed softly, "But she insisted that visiting the country would help my Spanish class." She gave a look that sort of said "Typical mother, know what I mean?".

Allen laughed softly to himself as he followed close behind Leila, evaluating her actions and movements.
"Leila..." He moved swiftly to catch up with her, and took her arm,
"Can you try and calm down? If you go too fast and freak out, that's how you're going to get lost." He really didn't want this to go too fast, but he didn't want to get lost either. He pulled her to a stop, and looked at her much like he had done a few minutes ago. For some strange reason even to himself, he was acting like he normally would to a girl he was interested in. In fact, even while he held both of her arms (now that he'd come to once again stand in front of her), he was looking at how the low afternoon light danced off her hair and face; he even dared to raise one hand and brush a few strands of her hair out of the way - he felt like he had no control over his actions, so it was just as weird for him as it probably was for Leila.

Dillon tilted his head to the side and smiled. "I can understand how that feels," he agreed with a nod before he turned to face forward and walk next to her. As he watched her, he tilted his head to the side, examining her as well as waiting to hear the others call out for help. In particularly Leila and Allen. There wasn't any sound however of them and so he was happily going to listen to her alone. "What do you do with your free time other than hang around Leila?"

Her cheeks were turning a champagne pink as he looked down at her. Leila couldn't understand what his problem was. She found herself looking anywhere but at his face as she felt her cheeks warm. "C-Can we just-um-go? The goal is to be the first one out remember?" she stammered, though she made no attempt to get out of his hold. She tried to remember the horrible way that he'd treated her earlier, but it kept getting replaced by the feel of his hand brushing her hair out of his fer face. Why is he so confusing?!

"Well..." Alicia paused as she thought for a moment, "Not a lot, come to think of it. Mostly lounge around my room, paint... Hmm, that's probably it." She sort of trailed off, embarrased that she didn't have much of a life without her friend. "Don't get me wrong, I do have other friends, just none that I really hang out with." She added with a shrug,
"What about you, Irish?" Alicia giggled softly as she didn't exactly tease him, but more so gave him an obvious nickname.

It was as if Allen had been possessed for a few moments, before he then snapped out of it, and returned to normal.
"Fine. Keep moving then." He muttered, releasing her and started to walk off without her. He even went as far as to go around the next corner without her; though as he had turned away, he had a very confused look on his face as to why he'd just done what he had. Waiting only just around the corner, he half expected her to scream out "wait up" or something, but at the same time figured she'd be both too confused, and too proud, to do so.

"Oh, game, other normal teenage stuff," he said with a shrug before looking at the girl in interest. "You paint, Alicia? That's interesting. I'd like to see some of your paintings if you have any you are willing to show me that is." In truth he didn't find gaming to be all that entertaining. He would have rather found a good cliff or maze to soft and do that than sit around and game for a day. But since most of the time they were kept on campus he didn't have much except this maze to go through. Blindly he led the way through several complicated turns.

Leila stood there, staring at where he had been before he turned and walked off. She gritted her teeth and shook whatever was possessing her out of her system. She turned for a moment to bury her face in the bushes wall, taking a few calming breaths. Then she straightened her shoulders and trotted to catch up with him. "So what does the map say?" she asked as she rounded the corner, her eyes landing on the forked route that lay ahead of them. Her stomach did a flop. Instead of letting her fear show however, she squared her shoulders and waited for the young man to lead the way or take out the map. Either way they'd be moving rather than just standing there.

"Sure. I've got a few I'm proud of. Actually, if you've ever been around the outside of the library I've got a painting of this very maze on one of the walls." She smiled, "But, anyway... I'm not really that exciting. Just a regular teenage girl." She started to laugh, "Ok, well not that regular." Now she felt like she was just making a fool of herself and decided to stop talking and took a deep breath.
"Sorry, I tend to ramble a little." She apologised softly with a gentle smile. She was really enjoying his company and didn't want to freak him out by too much rambling.

Allen wanted to be nice to her, but at the same time he didn't. His main plan was to make her hate him and then... Well, he'd have to try and get his motives sorted out first and then focus on his plan. That is, if his plan would still work anymore.
"This way." Allen decided to go right without looking at the map, instead of left which was the actual direction; reason for this being that he wanted, much like Dillon with Alicia, more time with Leila. He was curious now that he was alone with her without anyone else.

"That was one that you did?" Dillon asked, staring at her. "I've always thought that one was really well done." He stared at her as he kept walking, shaking his head in surprise. "You are a woman full of surprises Alicia." He fell silent for a few moments, looking ahead as he took another few quick steps into a curvy maze of bushes. "Please, don't feel like you have to curb your speaking just for me. I find it interesting, what you have to say," he finally said, smiling over at her gently.

Leila watched him so confidently turn right. She hung back for a moment, looking down the left way before sighing. He had the map. She could go back and wait at the entrance, but that would show just how cowardly she could get. So, instead, she followed him, falling silent as he simply led the way. She could ask him so many questions--why he seemed to have a bipolar nature which she was experiencing right now; why he hadn't chosen to go with one of the other girls and left her to be the timer. The questions were bugging her but she didn't know how to bridge the gap that seemed to be spanning between them again. She glared at his back as she tried to figure him out. First there had been the anger and the hatred and then the kindness and now this distance that didn't make any sense. And then she as arguing in her own mind over why she cared.

"My best piece, in my opinion." Alicia smlied, "And thank you. I suppose I am, but really, who's not?" She continued to walk, following Dillon, although she wasn't paying attention for a few moments as she was utterly distracted by his smile that she tripped over a root that had protruded through the ground and she tripped over. It wasn't bad, but she'd successfully ripped a hole in her jeans, and scrapped her cheek.
"... Ouch." She mumbled, moving to sit on her bum and inspecting her ripped jeans and then looking up at Dillon with a pout; she hadn't noticed the stinging on her cheek. She wasn't the sort of girl that was clumsy, nor was someone that couldn't handle a little pain. 'Ouch' was just something to say, really.

Allen simply continued walking for a few more minutes, going through more twists and turns before he stopped at a dead end and sighed,
"Mybad..." He muttered, pulling the map out of his pocket and trying to figure out where he'd ended up. That would teach him for not looking at the map when at a confusing section of the maze. Turning to Leila, Allen sighed once again,
"Dead end. Turn around."

Dillon knelt next to her, worry on his face as he reached out and ran gentle fingers over the scrap on her cheek. "Are you okay? You didn't twist anything? We can get this cut looked at when we get out of here," he said, before frowning, "Such beauty shouldn't be marred by a scratch such as this. maybe we should turn back and get you to the nurses so they can get stuff on it quickly?"

Leila's face was one of utter disbelief. She looked from him to the map to the dead in behind him before walking forward and giving him a hard shove. "You should have looked at the map before!" she growled before she stepped back from him and started to walk back the way they had come only to come up short when she came to last turn they had made. She looked around as her mind fought the growing sense of dread. She was lost, in the maze, with a man that she was starting to despised! What was she going to do?

Alicia just giggled, taking his hand that was at her cheek in hers,
"Don't worry about it. I'm perfectly fine. I always say ouch when something is meant to hurt, it doesn't mean it does though." She gave him a smile that said she was fine. She carefully got to her feet, "A little scratch and a ripped pair of jeans isn't going to scar me for life. It's alright." Alicia sighed softly as her hair started to fall out of it's pony tail, so she untied it and let it hang out before smiling again at Dillon.

Allen smirked, and then followed after her,
"Come on then. Just standing there isn't going to get us anywhere." He took her hand and started to walk, having figured out where they were going now.
"Don't worry, I figured it out." He assured softly, acting all nice once again.

What. The. Hell? Leila stared at where he held her hand in his own. She could feel her rage coming back as he led the way again. Slowly she pulled back, pulling to a stop as she looked away. "J-Just pick a way!" she said, "Just pick a way to act and stick to it Allen. I can't keep switching back and forth with you. Choose if you are going to treat me like dirt or if you are going to be nice. I- I need to know. It's too hard to not know what another person is going to act like." And it will help me figure out that strange moment where you touched my hair. This last part she though but did not say, not wanting him to know that it still bugged her.

Dillon stared down at her, worry on his face. "I'm not worried about your pants Alicia. I'm worried about your cheek," he said, taking his hand and pushing her hair out of the way before tilting her chin ever so slightly up and to the side. His eyes examined the scrap for any form of foreign material before he looked into her eyes. "I'd hate it if my prank on Allen and Leila got you hurt." The truth was that the map he had given Allen would get them in a certain amount of the way before it deviated towards a small dead end with a covered platform--not the center of the maze. They could have all the time it took the rest of the group to find them to talk out their differences.

Allen stood and stared at her. That had been about as sudden as her outburst in class today. But then, he smiled.
"You see, Leila, this is what guys get driven nuts by with girls. Girls can never chose how they want to act; what I'm doing is merely an experiment, and you're my pretty little guinie-pig. The reason it's you that's stuck in my web of experimentation is because I could tell from the very first moment I saw you that you were one of those girls that wasn't like all of the others; mentally, mentality, and probably even sexually. It's not a bad thing that I'm doing, honestly, so there's no need to worry about it." He then turned away from her and continued to walk in the direction that he'd memorized on the map for the next few turns. Leaving it at that for now, Allen knew that she would be driven insane by the fact he'd called her pretty and his reasons; of which he had meant to say little instead of pretty, and the rest of it was a lie. His real reasoning was mostly to see if a girl could hate a guy so much, and still perhaps fall for him. Even if it took the rest of his schooling life with her to do it, he wanted to know.

Probably the reddest blush ever crept onto Alicia's face as Dillon tilted it, and she wouldn't have been suprised if her heartbeat could be heard as it was pounding that hard and loud in her chest.
"I'm fine, I promise. It's a little scratch," She smiled, "And something like this is my own fault, not yours, and has nothing to do with... Your prank?" She stopped to think, and blinked at him, "You played one on them in here?" A soft giggle followed, "Oh my dear Irish boy, you are so cruel." She teased, unable to remove the smile from her face now as she was both incredibly happy that he was so concerned over something so small, and also that it was highly amusing at how much he wanted to torture Leila and Allen with each other. Alicia had a really good feeling about both the rest of the night, and also Dillon's planned weekend; it was going to be amazing, she was sure of it. Maybe not for Leila, but for herself, definitely. She was so excited that it was nearly unbearable.

Mikaela knew the ins-and-outs of this maze like the back of her hand, having been here her entire schooling life usually did that though when one spent so much free-time lurking around in it. She and Penelope had been wondering around for what felt like hours, though it probably wouldn't have been anymore than 45 minutes, or so. They had reached the middle of the maze, but then decided that they wanted to play a game of their own whilst waiting for the others, so splitting up and going seperate ways into the maze once again, they played a sort of hide-and-seek. Good thing Penelope was good at backtracking, too, else she no doubt would end up like a lost little sheep; though for Mika, that probably would have been perfect. It was getting dark now too, as the sun was nearly gone. Thankfully bed and lights out for all of them wasn't for quite a few more hours, it didn't matter and nor did it bother her any anyway. She loved rebelling, and it was even more fun and exciting with accomplaces.
"Nelliiiiiii, where aree youuuu?" She called out as she made her way around bushes in search of Penelope.

Penelope could hear Mikaela calling out for her, which meant she was getting close; or was going the opposite way. She was enjoying this, either way. From what she'd been informed on and had picked up on all of her first day back, she wasn't suprised that Dillon had wanted to do something like this. Being friends with him for years had its upsides on being able to tell a few things about the boy; first thing being that he was quite interested in Alicia - maybe that's why the girl had looked at them funny during lunch..? Penelope was often mistaken for being in a relationship with someone just because of how she acted around them. And then Allen... And the story behind Leila. That was plain weird, but much like Dillon, she was as curious as a cat about it, but a little more patient. For now, however, Penelope was happy enough playing this game with Mikaela, having figured it would take Leila and Allen ages to get to the center being that they were a combination of bad direction and new, and that Dillon would want to spend time with Alicia away from others.

Leila's cheeks were turning a light pink. Oh she wanted to strangle this man. Strangle him dead! Instead she bent over and picked up a rock and stalked after him. How dare he use her as a guinie-pig. How dare he treat her in such a way simply as an experiment! However the few moments it had taken her to get out of her embarrassed stupor was just enough time for her to lose him. When she got to the crossroads at the first turn, she turned around, trying to find him. her grip on the rock tightened to the point of hurting. She had known this was a bad idea.

As the afternoon sun slowly disappeared, she looked up at the darkening sky and sighed. "This was my last year. Why couldn't it have been a nice and quiet one?" she asked the heavens before straightening. She dropped the rock and cupped her hands around her mouth, "Allen?" she called. "Which way did you go?"

The young man smiled down at her, though there was still concern in his gaze. "I gave them the wrong map. It'll lead them to that Lover's Nitch that everyone tries to find to get some time alone. Maybe it'll get them over their hatred for each other," he said with a shrug though there was a twisted grin on his face. "And if that doesn't, then there is always the weekend at the sea that should be interesting as well. In that respect, I'm glad your friend got detention. I was going to have to find some other way to get you to go up there with me, and as much as I like humiliating myself to do it, I would have found some way that wasn't very directed."

Status
Not open for further replies.