A Door Within a Door-Discussion, OOC and Recruitment

PIE FOR THE PIE GOD!

It depends on the flavour. We're particularly fond of strawberries.

We do have more room! Maybe some fresh blood will spark the interest again with some of the people (as things seem to have been slowing down ): )

Hey, finally caught up in all my 1x1's ( note to self, there is such a thing as too many RP's contrary to popular belief.) Is there still room for me ? I don't want to read the story yet as I fear it may be too much disappointment should I read it and not be able to join.....
If there's room I will read it, and create a character ! Did someone mention pie........

Why yes! There is room still. Two slots to be exact. And the pie...mmmm...filled with Cthulhuiy goodness

Ok I will make a character and let you know by tomorrow night.

Ok, starting to read through now then I will make a character that can jump in. I have an IRL friend on here, can he jump in as well ? His grammar and writing style is superior to my own :D

Eh fuck it, why not. I can manage nine people. Might give them incentive to post more :P

Thanks, we will read through it and come up with a realistic characters and post them here, then we will jump right into the fray !

Awesome~ Your characters will have the stones that are mentioned in some of the posts and were on the deck for the big scene that you will read

These newcomers, do they come with pies?

They should. They really should. After all that has happened, everyone could use a pie.

As an offering?

Perhaps.

Pestering ensues.

While I wait for new posts, I guess I'll brush up on some Lovecraft shorts.

Name: Adam
Height: 6"1
Hair: Dark brown, medium length.
Eyes: Hazel, with more green than brown.
Physique: Tall, slim, not muscly.
Attire: Hoodies, baggy jeans, earphones.
Personality ( top three ) : Lazy, Introverted, Awkward.

Story: A poster boy for the current generation of youths, an avid under achiever throughout school and college, getting through with the minimal amount of effort needed, his motto, "If you don't have to do something, don't. If you absolutely must, do it quickly." Coming from a very normal family, he was very much the runt, getting sucked into gaming at a young age he now prioritizes video games over everything, causing a rift between him and his family. He recently won a small time tournament in which the prize was a cruise. Having found out that there was Wi-Fi on the cruise, coupled with the relentless assault from his mother about getting a job, he decided to keep the ticket and go himself. The hassle of crowds and people flooding onto the cruise was not something he had time for. One of the first people onto the ship he quickly found his room, number 315, unpacked his clothes, and then set up his laptop on the desk, with his mouse and headset to boot, all well known gaming gear. Expensive stuff. 7 pm was when the food court is open for dinner, it should have died down 8 pm so that would be the ideal time to quickly grab some food. The sudden shaking of the ship made sitting on the chair to landing on the floor happen in the blink of an eye, the sound of dub-step blasting out of his headphones into his ears as he lay bewildered on the floor. He managed to get them off in time to hear the captain say,

"We are sorry for that, a rogue wave took us by surprise. Again, we are sorry."

I'll finish my character soon along with the pies.

Lucas "Cas" Bailey, 23

Cas was under constant pressure of her father's expectations. He had always wanted a little boy captain. Her mother, thinking it would be funny to name a girl with a boy's name, agreed to name her Lucas. Fortunately, Cas inherited her mother's sense of humor which helped her get through tough ties.​
Cas grew up loving the sea. Her father was the captain of the Emerald Sting, one of the boats of a local fishing company in her Canadian hometown. Oftentimes, Mr. Bailey dragged his daughter to many of his expeditions, teaching her the art of driving a marine vessel. If he couldn't have a strong Bailey man, then he'll have a heck of a strong Bailey woman. During her teens, she spent most of her summer vacation navigating through thunderstorms at the edge of the North Pacific.​
When Cas graduated high school, her father pushed her to sign up for the Royal Canadian Navy. The thought scared her. She may love the sea but she has yet no idea what to do with the rest of her life. No way was she constricting the rest of her life at the age of 18.​
Cas left Canada without her father's blessing doing odd jobs here and there. As soon as she stopped being picky, she finally found herself a job in a cruise ship. Although her experience made her eligible to be one of the officers, she was stuck as the Assistant Tour Manager thanks to her pretty face.​

It was more of a, "the other players just stopped and subsequently myself."

Think we can continue without the other players?

Accidents do happen, O Wise Game Master.