A Door Within a Door-Discussion, OOC and Recruitment

Im thinking Ill start it today with the hopes other people like what they see and want in.

interested in joining

Character Needs:
This isn't so much a template as a rough idea as to what is needed to be known about a character for me to incorporate it successfully. Please, be as detailed as possible. I want creativity because you will need it to survive what I plan to throw at you. There will be puzzles and mysteries to solve. But again, don't try to make your character a super hero. You can be military, yes but you will still want to avoid combat unless you really want me to maul you with a truck or something.
Name: (As it says, try to be somewhat modern with this please)
Physical Appearance: (pictures encouraged but optional)
Background: (Contains occupational history and anything that you wish to discuss with your character. This is the most important aspect of your character so have fun with it.)

Name: Elijah Jones
Physical Appearance:

Height: 6'1

Background: Eli was always the goofy kid who got into trouble and was labeled a delinquent by the time he reached high school. Graduating at the top of his class. Now in college he spends his time partying, boxing and his job at the mechanic store a couple blocks from his house. At times Eli can be a wild card. One moment he's funny and charming and then the next he has a short fuse and is ready to fight the first person who pisses him off.

Alrighty, welcome to the sacrifi--group. >.>

I just played Betrayal At House on the Hill yesterday night. Can't help but think of this RP when I played it.

*chuckles*

I will start this later tonight when I get back from having a social life *shudders at the thought*

As much as I would like to have, I have not been able to start this RP as the past last couple days I have been busy and the next couple I will be moving and I wont be able to manage running the story during that time. So, with that said. I will likely start his within the next few days after I am settled into my new place. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Name: Anke Van Pelt

Physical Appearance:
Van_Pelt.jpg

Background: Anke is not so successful B-Grade movie actress mostly known for her roles in cheap action movies produced by studios that can't afford to pay for big names.
Family came to USA from Netherlands when Anke was already 17 years old. She had won couple of athletic events on school level for her school in Netherlands and was promising member of some youth judo team, but it being not so popular in USA she had to drop the discipline and go to acting academy instead.
Meanwhile her father left the family for good and mother died of cancer. Being alone Anke was not able to continue paying for her study and started to work at whatever honest job she would find. She even served 1 year sentence in prison (ending there after her boyfriend had hidden his drugs in her handbag, hoping the cops won't search her).
Anke is nowhere near being talented actress but she's fit physically and directors gladly hire her cause of fact that she doesn't use stunt double and it greatly reduces the cost of production. Being eye-candy doesn't hurt at all for these kind of movies as well.
Strengths: Physically fit, brave and has good skills in one-on-one combat.
Weaknesses: Short-tempered, lacking proper education (though not being dumb), has problems with trust (especially toward men)

Welcome~

Also I am suitably moved in and have stable internet again so I will start this later tonight when I have the chance, for reals this time.

And now for something completely different. A man with three buttocks.

Thanks for accepting :)
I won't be able to post till Monday (going out of town), sorry for that. But will dive into it as soon as I'll go back :)

Feel free to make any excuse of why my character won't be active till than if story progresses until I got back (well, just don't kill her please :D )

Well the start will be in a cruise ship, I can make some excuses for you :3

Excellent!

Postings will probably be done tomorrow (Tue), after this final assignment submission.

Back from vacation, so I'm good to play my character whenever needed. No need for excuses anymore :) Thanks

Mhmm, I just need everyone to post at least once before I can continue. Then, I can cause some madness.

Name: Anya Hill

Physical Appearance: 5'5", slim body type, dark hair that falls down to the end of her back. Large scar on her back that she tries to cover up, usually wears turtlenecks and sweaters.

Background: Anya was born into a lower middle class family in Portland, Oregon. Everything in her family was normal until her father had an accident at work when she was six. He was hit on the head by a pipe someone had dropped when he was supervising. Afterwards, his personality completely shifted. He became aggressive, and turned to alcoholism. Because of this, Anya, her mother, and her younger brother Ryan were constantly subjected to verbal and physical abuse.
One night, when Anya was about 12, her father had gotten exceptionally angry and knocked out her mother, and then began to turn on her brother. Anya jumped on her brother, attempting to shield him from her father's rage. Her father cut her with the knife intended for Ryan, slicing her deep from the base of her neck down to her tailbone. He then attacked her brother, and as Anya lay on the ground in pain, he stabbed Ryan to death. His screams alerted the police, and her father was arrested.
After this incident, Anya was racked with guilt. She couldn't handle the loss of her brother, and began to throw herself into several different hobbies in order to distract herself. She never stuck with them for very long, but it wasn't long before she moved on to the next thing. She tried, violin, martial arts, pottery making, and countless other activities. Eventually, she found the nothing helped. She tried to go to college after high school, but dropped out after one semester. The amount of people around her was too much to bear. She became a recluse, writing articles on the internet for a meager living. Her mother died shortly after Anya left college, so her only friend and companion is her bulldog, Jake. She reads a lot of classic literature, and enjoys spicy food.

Attachments

• sad-girl978.jpg
    sad-girl978.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 3