A Doll's Destiny

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Clara smiled. "You're welcome. Do you want to do another one?" she asked him. She would eventually do a song too, but she wanted to see if he was interested in another one since he was the one who choose the karaoke place to begin with. She thought that he might want to do a little bit more singing rather than just sitting there listening.

"Oh, yes," Aiden said, now selecting "Enigma" by Lady Gaga.
"Open-minded, I'm so blinded
Mystery man, woman phantom
Violet light smears, the atmosphere
I'm so scared, but I'm standing here
Is what I am seeing real, or is it just a sign?
Is it all just virtual?
We could be lovers, even just tonight
We could be anything you want
We could be jokers, brought to the daylight
We could break all of our stigma
I-I'll be your enigma
I-I'll be your enigma
I-I'll be your enigma
I-I'll be your enigma
Can't stop staring, I'm so naked
Wrapped in shadows, my heart races
Dragon's eyes watch, goddess breathing
Give me something to believe in
Is what I am seeing real, or is it just a sign?
Is it all just virtual?
I-I'll be your enigma
I-I'll be your enigma
I-I'll be your enigma
I-I'll be your enigma
Did you hear what I said? (What?)
Did you hear what I said? (Yeah)
Is it all in my head?
Is it all in my head? (Ooh, yeah)
Is it all in my head?
I-I'll be your enigma, even just tonight
I-I'll be your enigma, brought to the daylight
I-I'll be your enigma, even just tonight
I-I'll be your enigma, brought to the daylight, daylight!" Aiden belted out, striking each note perfectly, even adding vibrato.

"Alright, go ahead," Clara replied. She really didn't know this song all that well either, though he seemed to be doing a good job at it and enjoyed doing it. Her tastes probably didn't match up too well with karaoke, which was probably why she didn't quite know a lot of the songs, but she might be able to find something she knew. Clara clapped again when he finished.

"Thank you, my darling," Aiden said once again in a mock British accent.

Clara smiled. "You did a good job," she replied to him. "Do you want to do some more or do you want to take a break and have me do one," she asked him. She figured he would want a break eventually, but she wasn't sure exactly when that might be. She wasn't as big on the idea of karaoke and that's why she was a bit more hesitant, but she was willing to do it since he wanted to go there.

"I think I'll take a break," he said. "I might not have vocal chords, but I still don't want to overdue it."

Clara was quiet for a moment. "I don't quite get how you'd be able to talk or sing at all if you didn't technically have vocal chords...but I honestly don't know. If you were really a doll and made as one, you would be correct. Ah, but I suppose this is going into stuff that just isn't understandable in the first place," she commented. "But okay. I guess it's my turn to pick. A lot of the music I like aren't really known around here and wouldn't be playable on something like this so let's see if there's something I know." She went through the list and eventually found a rock song she knew by Flyleaf called Call You Out.

Aiden listened, swaying to the beat. He never heard this song before. Then again, he wasn't into rock. He had to admit, Clara was doing a good job.

When Clara finished, she sat the microphone down on the table nearest to them. "I'm not really one to sing in front of people, but it was still fun," she said to him. Though she wasn't sure if she really wanted to go picking a bunch of songs and singing them, even though that was the way karaoke was. "Do you want to continue doing more or do you want to go somewhere else?"

"I'd like to go somewhere else, please," Aiden said. As much as he loved doing Karaoke, his curiosity about the human experience still remained.

"Alright. Is there another place you have in mind?" Clara asked. She was trying to think of other options. She pulled out her phone and searched things to do so she could see what else there might be. "Of course, you're a doll so that make take some things out like there's not sense in trying food. There's an arcade. There's the movie theater too. That's watching a movie, but with a really large screen."

"I'm for the arcade," Aiden bounced in his seat. "Not sure how I'm gonna play some of the games, but I think we'll make it work."

"We'll figure it out. It's part of the experience after all. If we try to avoid a ton of things just because you are a doll then you're not going to get the full experience," Clara replied. She picked up her bag and waited for him to get into the bag she used to carry him. She knew he hated it, but it was still the best option at the time. Once he was ready, she left the karaoke place and headed towards the arcade. This one was a little farther but she could still walk to it. Once they were there, she let him out of the bag again. It wasn't very crowded which was surprising for it being a weekend, but it was probably being of the specific time.

Nodding, Aiden crawled back into the bag, holding the brim as Clara walked. Once they arrived, he crawled out and looked around. Spotting a carousel, he immediately bounded in that direction.

Clara had to follow after him. He was almost like a child as she watched him run off towards the carousel without even mentioning that was there he wanted to go to her. And all she could do was rush after him. "Do you want to ride the carousel?" she asked him. "What part do you want to ride." There was always two different options, horses and benches.

"The horse, of course!" Aiden laughed, stopping just outside the gate. He heard there was a height limit, so how he was going to ride, he had no clue.

"Alright," Clara replied. There was a height limit to these things, but it was pretty low. After all, kids were able to ride it as long as they had someone with them. Of course, the operator seemed to be confused for a moment, but this was just his job and he was just a teenager who wanted to get through with his work day and enjoy the rest of his Saturday as well, so he seemed to just ignore the fact that Aiden appeared to be a living, talking doll. Luckily, the height wasn't an issues either. "I'll help you up then." Clara lifted him up and placed him on which ever horse he chose.

"Oh, I think I can get up on my own," Aiden wandered to a blue and white horse. He raised his little hands and firmly placed them against its side and, leaning back, just barely managed to place his foot on the small step. Pulling himself up, he grasped the poll. Leaning forward, Aiden pulled himself onto his abdomen and managed to swing onto the saddle. Sighing and grinning, he sat up proud and held tightly to the poll.

"Alright, go ahead," Clara replied. She waited though to make sure he could because if he couldn't she would help him get up onto the horse. It took a little bit and a few times she questioned if he would make it, but he eventually got on. "Just hold tight now, okay. Don't let go when it's moving around or you could fall down." She got on one of the horses right next to him.

The toy nodded. A moment later, the bell rang, and the ride began moving. Aiden held tight, eyes sparkling.