A destroyed world

Lacey stayed close to Kiori, not really sure what else to do.

17 year old John Stevenson groans, lifting a piece of plywood off of his chest. Where am I? John thinks to himself. He seemed to be in some corporate building, and the last thing he could remember was how a bunch of lunatics ambushed the group of survivors he was travelling with. He remembered retreating into this building, but of the others, he could not recall. Takeing a more in depth look around, John stands up, and finds that his hunting shotgun looted some two months ago is still intact. Takeing it, and slotting six of his remaining dozen shells in, John sets off to look for a stair well, anything really.

Kiori turned to Love and tilted his head. "What's up? Something wrong already? I haven't stepped out of the room for a minute now." He said teasingly. He was sure it was Caren though, why else would Love be coming in here after him? "Need the restroom or something?" He laughed. Feeling a bit more relaxed now that they had been away from all the life threatening bullshit for a while.

"We are leaving." Love decides on a direct approach. "We are heading out now. Caren losing it, a big reason why we can't stay anywhere for to long. I need you to open up the door so we can leave. Most of the dust storm should be done by now, so thank for allowing us to stay and regain our strength." She did a curtsy before standing up straight, a sad smile but when they have to go, they have to.

"Is Cassidy leaving too!" Shadow said almost in tears just by the thought of it. In his mind Cassidy was like his mother, Lacey was is sister, Kiori and love was his Aunt and Uncle, and... well Caren never talked to him so he couldn't subconsciously place her. He looked at Kiori's girlfriend hoping non of them would leave, especially not Cassidy.

Kiori looked to Shadow, then back to Love. He sighed, but smiled. "Well then." He said, turning to Shadow. "We'll play some games another time or something, let's pack up and head out." He took the gear off and shut down the system before he looked back to Love again. "If that's good with you guys of course." He said, not wanting to part ways with them. Where else was he going to find a team like this? It's not like a small group like theirs walked through the town every day, meeting them was hitting the jackpot. Medic with supplies, a sniper who was... a little bit crazy... and a gorgeous woman who can handle a gun. He wasn't about to shrug it off and let them walk away so easily.

Love blinked, she wasn't expecting that to happen. She slowly nodded but then her smile grew wide. "Of course that's fine by me, well if Lacey and Shadow want to that is." She said, looking over at Lacey and Shadow with her wide smile.

Lacey didn't care if they left as long as Shadow came with. She refused to leave without Shadow. "I'll come too." She looked at Shadow.

Shadow felt small now that everyone was looking at him. He didn't like being the center of attention. "I umm..." He struggled to speak, his nerves holding him back. He knew they were expecting him to say yes but he didn't want to leave this place. He had never seen anything like it and it was safe. He really wanted to stay to learn everything but he couldn't let everyone leave without him and he didn't want to let everyone else down. "Umm..." He continued to stutter, almost crying with all the pressure he was feeling to make the right decision. "Yes." He said closing his eyes and moving his head down and to the side. He wasn't sure if it was the right answer but he felt like he had to say something.

Love places a hand on Shadow's shoulder with a smile. "You can say no if you want to Shadow... I'd understand." She tells him since he looked like he didn't know how to answer the question. She ruffled his hair afterwards and heads to the other room, nodding at Cass and Caren.

"I'll go wherever you go even if we stay I don't care. I don't want to leave you alone." Lacey said. She didn't honestly care. Suddenly she felt embarrassed and dropped her eyes to her feet. She didn't want to go anywhere without Shadow.

Kiori clapped a hand to Shadows shoulder and smiled. "It's not like we won't come back here at some point, we can train another time." He said reassuringly, not wanting to stay behind. In the end it didn't really matter whether they wanted to go or not, all he had to say was everybody out and get his way by default. Though he preferred them to go willingly, he was prepared to veto if he needed to.

Shadow took a deep breath to calm down after his quick answer that he hadn't thought about at all. Everyone was supportive of whatever his choice was and he realized they could tell he felt pressured. Regardless they had taken all the pressure away. He looked at the two still in the room with him. Kiori had just told him they could come back and train another time which helped him make up his mind. He didn't want to divide their group, especial because he didn't want to leave Cassidy and since Lacey wasn't going to leave him and he knew Kiori wanted to stay with his girlfriend he decided he had made the right decision. "I think we should go with them."

Caren and Cass both gathered there stuff as Love stood there, hands behind her back. Maybe this world wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Sure there were some problems and issues here and there, but then again was the old world just like that? Maybe not so violent but.. still. She shut her eyes, this felt like a home or a family. She liked that, she hadn't felt this in a long time.

Kiori nodded. "That's great, let's pack up some stuff before we head out then." He said as he helped Shadow remove his gear, then walked out of the room. He looked over at the three women and bit his lip. "What kind of supplies should we pack? I've got all the survival supplies you could imagine stored away in the other half of the bunker." He said, motioning towards a doorway on the other side of the room from him, over by Cass. "My father stocked had up religiously, you'd think he was planning on raising a family down here..." He cocked his head. "An apparently violent family..." He chuckled, thinking of the collection of weapons that decorated an entire wall of the storage room. He had scavenged his own riot shield, not because the ones in storage were no good, but this one felt special to him. Rather than one he grabbed from the stack, he had saved it from the ruins of a police station and given it a purpose. It was a bit strange, but he felt a connection to his riot shield, like they were meant to be partners or something. Even his blades were all from the clan, now that he thought of it, he had never taken a weapon from storage... how odd to have such a collection and never touch it in a world like this... He shrugged it off, he just hadn't thought of it before now.

Shadow followed Kiori out and listened to him talk about supplies. He had blanked out slightly as he motioned to a door. Instantly Shadow walked over and opened it. The lights were off and he stumbled in not knowing he could just flick a switch to turn them on. "Do you have a flashlight Kiori?" He said inside the darkness of the large storage area. He wasn't used to the dark anymore, it was hard for him to tell what was what.

Cass thought for a moment. "A few first aid kits, I have the rest of the advance stuff. We need food and water of course. Ammo for our guns would be nice. Plus some jackets and a blanket, you know how cold these nights can get. Um.. well I don't know what else, just the basics. Weapons for sure." She knew there were so many things that they 'could' need but it was nearly impossible to predict what exactly they would need.

Kiori nodded. "No problem." He said, walking across the room and through the doorway, he reached over to the side and flipped the light switch on. The room lit up to reveal a warehouse of a storage room. There were rows of metal shelving which, along with the walls, were liberally stacked with assorted bins and containers. They were all labeled, but it would take forever to go through each of them to see what all was there. "So, this is it." He said, looking around. He hadn't been in here for a couple years now, last time was for some medical supplies when he and his men were out on a mission not too far away and Jones took a bludgeoning to the hip. He pointed forward and to his right. "Medical supplies will be on the second level shelving, third row to the right." He looked to Caren, who seemed to be their weapons person. "The projectile weapons are on the far wall, the shelving unit closest to it is ammunition." He walked towards the far wall and patted a door there, the only part of the wall that didn't have some kind of projectile attached to it. "This is my favorite room, where all of the blades and, 'more manual' weapons are." He smiled to himself. "Though I doubt any of you would know too much about wielding such things... just felt like saying it I guess..." He trailed off.

Shadow was startled by the sudden shine of light. He had fallen down, landing on his rear, but stood again soon after. He found himself at a wall of guns and saw one he liked. It was out of the small boys reach but that wouldn't stop him. He started to stack items and used them as a step stool. He grabbed the gun, which was a large machine gun, much to heavy for him and he almost dropped it. He begrudgingly put it on the ground and went to find a lighter gun, one he could use. That's when he bumped into Caren, they were alone at the weapons wall. "Hi." he said cheerfully. Shadow figured she must be very nice. Cassidy and Kiori's girl friend certainly were. "What gun do you think is good for me?"

Caren glanced at Kiori with a roll of her eyes. "I have a b-b-blade in my bag and a dagger on my hip. Cass and Love have a few daggers as well. I know p-pl-pl-lenty about manual weapons and blades." She informs him as she walks over and collects some of the ammo. She didn't want any of the guns and wouldn't let the other girls take them either. Her guns did them good and she preferred them to use them. Caren glanced at Shadow and sighed. Why was he talking to her? He was way to cheery. "Well your s-sm-small and seem pretty weak." She said like it wouldn't hurt his feelings. "So probably a p-pis-pistol though those are pretty weak unless you have explosive a-am-ammo or acid ammo. There also a lighter shotgun you can grab and use. Those pack a punch as long as the enemy is c-cl-close."

Cass smiled, as much as Caren was trying to be mean, she saw there was probably going to be a future conversation with Kiori and Caren about blades. She loved her weapons and this man seemed to share that common trait. Cass picked up a few first aid kits.

Love watched them all go through the supplies. She sat in a chair at the table again, waiting for everyone to get ready and head out.