A City Betwixt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gate mechanic Miranda Armis on duty. As they're walking through they hear an encouraging "Shit, that's never happened before..."

In a previous thread we were both involved in that line announced the beginning of of a long string of deaths in a very fitting manner. Guy got thrown off a roof. Thankfully, no roofs in a forest.

In a previous thread we were both involved in that line announced the beginning of of a long string of deaths in a very fitting manner. Guy got thrown off a roof. Thankfully, no roofs in a forest.
A realllllllllllllllllllllllllllly long string of deaths.

Hahaha, I never would've thought of the gate shutting down. Alana doesn't have any kind of silencing spell (and it seems cheap to retcon that now) but melee is her specialty, so if things get rough you have her to help out too. But yeah, that plan sounds great otherwise.

@Moogle-Girl

yeah, it seemed like a decent compromise, since ebayans power is basically being antimagic. touch him, lose powers for a while.

@Domino's Team

So who here is up for Mavo (male, evidently humanoid demon with paralytic voice) looking like an andogynous river nymph/siren? These "demons" we hunt could just be prototypes of the mythical creatures in lore and legend. Not QUITE exact, but most of the key components are there. Thus, we could end up fighting Mavo near a large woodland river or waterfall, meaning we'd have to fight on slippery rocks, in knee-deep water, or otherwise terrain that impairs our ability to fight well. Meanwhile, being a melee fighter accustomed to the river, Mavo has a hometeam advantage.

@dominos team

anyone object to having vivian land the killing blow on the demon when we find it, give the newb a level up? ;)

Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Sorry about before ; n ;

Name: Daine Cooper
Age(At time of death): 20

Appearance: Nutmeg hair that is more often wild than tamed it curls and hangs to her collarbones when not pulled back as it is usually. Her figure is lithe though she doesn't have much to boast about when it comes to having a womanly figure. The bridge of her nose and cheeks are dusted with freckles that seem to blend in with her dusky skin unless she has been in the sun for a while. Honestly, the only think striking in her 5'6" figure is her grey-blue eyes that more often than not reveal her current mood. A few scars mar her hands and arms most from the claws of her animal friends in the shape of thin ragged lines to circles from punctures. There is one short pale scratch from when she was a babe that follows the line of her jaw on the left side of her face.

Personality: Always up to experience something new, the life beyond death and desire for redemption is no different. She enjoys the company of animals far more than that of complicated humans though she will converse if she must. Daine's cheerful disposition is near always constant though she is prone to finding faults with herself or staring into the face of her past guilt. She never failed to pulled herself out of it though and find comfort in her wild friends. Daine finds herself at a lack of knowledge due to having grown in a rather isolated village so she is often clueless, but curious, of certain words and subjects like astronomy.

Weapons: She is proficient with most blades through a long sword though most often Daine uses throwing knives and short swords. Her skill with a bow is limited mostly to when she used to hunt animals as she never put much effort, or thought, into expanding her skills beyond that.

Abilities: From a young age Daine has always felt connected with animals and she retains the ability to speak with them and shapeshift into animals she has seen before. Shifting back can be a cause of some problems due to how well she connects with some of the animals such as wolves and horses. She has lost her mind to the wild before and feels insecure shifting all the way still.

History: Daine lived in a small remote village filled mostly with farmers, including her own family. One fateful winter a band of bandits came through and decimated her village leaving it in embers and ashes. She had been in the forest behind the field her family tilled scouring for any food she could scavenge when she noticed the lack of animals in the area. Soon she could smell smoke and hear the pounding of hoofed beasts leading away from her home and most likely heading towards the next village which was a day's ride away. Seeing what had become of her beloved home was hard enough but when she found the bodies of her parents and older brother Daine lost her mind. She blindly ran to the forests and was saved from starvation by a pack of wolves. Her pack of wolves. Tracking the bandits down was no trouble with a band of brothers and sisters who backed her without question and then they were fed for the whole winter. The blood on her paws was nothing. It was vengeance. Daine was justified. She was supposed to have been yet the guilt was consuming. Her family haunted her. The bandits haunted her. Those villagers who tried to stop her and ended up as collateral haunted her. It was the knife of a mot who was married to one of the collateral that caught and twisted in her spine four years later and she thought that maybe she could finally atone for her sins.

Spirit Clarity(Upon Entry): Green

(Oh, and I wanted to mention I drew a lot of inspiration of this character from Tamora Pierce so some things are preeeeeetty similar, I hope that's okay ; n ; )

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all good. Welcome aboard! It would probably be best for Daine to meet up with the other group that's still in Lambrecht. If you did a post about her entering the city or being near the tower I could have Annabel go over and meet her.

Alright, sounds good to me~

Edit: I know I've only posted once but I have an appointment in the morning so I'm off to bed. I'll be back sometime tomorrow afternoon o u o)/

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jennru: How about I have Elias bump into Daine? It'll be a good way to lead you into the roleplay and to get me back in the game, and I think they'll have an excellent character dynamic together!

Also, congrats on joining us. :D

@Jennru: No problem! I'm thinking a head-on collision will do the trick. He'll be headed for the Monolith from the opposite direction.

[rolls up sleeves] Let's get down to business. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.