A Boy and His Dragonwolf

Nym looked at Nemune flying up into the air and barked, taking to the sky after her, his powerful wings flapping as they took to the sky, flying up the mountainside city towards the upper levels. up there they would see a number more of the take-off points, but one seemed to be hanging farther than the rest. They would be able to see another Pandrylyr flying around, and when they got closer it was Temin and a female Aer atop Ramnak.

Eventually all three would land on the platform, and the Taelesol would nod to the rest of them. Though his partner held his hand and bowed her head, smiling to them all. "It's been a while since we've all gotten together." Omra said with a nod before her eyes fell on Tyler and his group. "Is this the new Taelsol I've been told about?" she asked, walking over and offering a hand.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Quiet One
Nemune barked to Ramnak, striking up a little conversation until Nym came up and she went to nuzzle beside him. When Temin's wife came and offered her hand, Tyler took it and tried his hand at Aer. "Hello...I'm Tyler. Nice...to meet...you." He looked at the others, hoping he got that right.

Judy chuckled. "Not bad, Tyler. You're learning." She shook Omra's hand, giving her a little bow. "Nice to see you again, Omra."

Nym murred and nuzzled close into Nemune, Ramnak giving a sneeze as a kind of chuckle. Omra bowed her head to Tyler and then smiled to Judy, returning the favor. "We really should meet up more." Omra said with a smile, Melody still stitting up on Dartmoor. She decided to yell out "Charge!" and try to kick the pandrylyr into a run towards Neema's house. Temin chuckled and took Omra's hand, moving to lead the rest of them towards Neema's house.

The one to open the door was actually Zennar, Neema's Pandrylyr. He gave a bark to the others, inviting them to walk over to this big lounging area, while Neema came in. The house was rather large and homey - average for an Aer's house, and it seemed that Neema made the most of it. "You're here! Come, come in." he said, Melody already running in to hug an Aer boy about her age. "Yul! Missed you!" she laughed, hugging the shy-looking boy.

Then came in a heavily-pregnant woman- Neema's wife Kaliha - who smiled seeing Judy, Omra and the others. "You're looking well." she said with a giggle. "Dinner is almost ready, please come in and make yourselves comfortable."

Nemune took to the seating area first, immediately setting aside an area for herself and Nym to curl up, marking that as their spot. The Aer boy shyly hugged back, looking around at everyone uneasily before hiding in Melody's hair. "Missed you, too. Play?"

When Melody giggled and went with him, Judy smiled and explained to Tyler and Claire, "Yul is a little shy. He's already shown an aptitude for magic, and rather than making him more confident it somehow did the opposite."

"Can kind of get that," Tyler replied. "I only just learned magic a few days ago, and I'm constantly worried I'll blow something up."

Nym walked over to the lounging area and laid down next to Nemune, curling into her and grooming her head a little while Zennar and Ramnak came and took their own areas. They were barking at one another, having their own conversation while the Aer and humans had their own.

"Come, come! Dinner is being finished as we speak, let's set up." Neema said with a grin as he patted Tyler's shoulder. "Maybe you could try talking to Yul some." He said while Kaliha went back into the kitchen

Melody smiled as she led the boy into his playroom and looked around, smiling as she held his hand. "What do you wanna play?" She asked, looking at him with a grin.

"What'd he say?" Tyler asked while Neema went to set things up. As he followed to help put things in order, Judy had a thoughtful look on her face.

"I'll tell you later," she said. "It's actually not a bad idea..."

"Speaking of the kids, should you maybe get them?" he suggested. Judy nodded absently and went in search of the playroom.

Meanwhile in the playroom, Yul blushed and pulled his hand away from Melody's. He held them together and made a ball of light. "They bounce now," he said, tossing the light orb to the floor and watching as it bounced up into Melody's hands. Then, after a while, the light faded away. "But I can only keep them for a little while."

Melody pouted a little when Yul took his hand away but then smiled and giggled at the way Yul made his solid golden light. She rather admired the light he could make, and held out her hands to catch it. Seeing it bounce, her eyes widened and she grinned more as she caught it. "That's awesome Yul!" She said, beaming to her friend and hugging him quickly before backing away. "Think we could throw them back and forth?"

• Love
Yul smiled and made another, smaller ball of light and bounced it to Melody. They went back and forth a few times until Judy came to their little playroom. She stopped and leaned on the doorway, just smiling and watching her little girl and her friend play together. After a few bounces between the two she finally spoke up. "Okay, you two. Come on. You don't want to miss dinner, do you?"

Yul smiled to Melody as his light orb disappeared and offered his hand again. Judy shooed them into the main room right as everyone else was sitting down to eat.

Melody smiled to her mama and took Yul's hand once more as her mother shooed them towards the dining room. When they arrived there were two seats at the main table for the young children, and two chairs for adults. One for Judy and another for Neema who soon came back from giving food to the dragonwolves over in the other side of the room. From there they would all sit down, and then everyone would bow their head. Neema would lead the group in a traditional Aer chant of thanks, and then they could eat. Conversations popped up all around, meaning that Tyler and Claire could talk to anyone about pretty much anything if they wanted.

• Love
Yul avoided direct eye contact with everyone who wasn't Melody, her mom and dad, or his own parents. Tyler smiled and turned to Mahara, one of the few he could fluently talk to. He noticed she spent a lot of time smiling at her date and talking between the other Taelesols. The Aer chant had been odd and he immediately asked about it. "Hey Mahara, what was that earlier? That how Aer say Grace? How come I never saw anyone do that at Yemis' restaurant?"

"Some people do it , some don't," Judy butted in, leaning forward to wipe some food off Melody's face. "Neema's family is a bit more traditional than mine. No surprise, given where I come from."

Mahara gulped down some of her food as Judy spoke, looking over at Tyler and nodding her head. "Generally it's more commonly done in private, as well it's the host who leads. Given Judy was our host before, it's only Natural Neema didn't do it." She smiled and nodded her head before turning back to her food. Everything made was actually very good, though Tyler and Claire seemed to much interest the two females.

"Tell us about yourselves? Do you like it here?" Omra asked, with Kaliha giggling off to the aide. "Are you two together?"

• Love
Claire blushed and whispered to Tyler what had been asked. The two smiled and replied, "Um...yes and yes. This place is very peaceful for the most part - with a few exceptions, of course. And yeah, we are together. Does make living here a little difficult."

"Have to go back to my world for studies," Claire added. "A lot of back and forth makes things difficult."

At that Omra cocked her head and asked what Claire was studying back in her other world. Mahara, though, suddenly jumped in with a blush and answered for her to attempt to save Claire the embarrassment of what had happened before. "She's an animal doctor." she said, which made Omra and Kaliha's eyes light up and ask a barrage of questions. Though the biggest one seemed to be the last one. "Could you heal Pandrylyrs?" she asked, smiling. "That's an important skill.. especially since healing magic and potions for some reason work slower on them."

• Love
"Um...I don't know any healing magic, but I do some practice in medicine from our world," Claire said. "I can set splints and am learning surgery now. Maybe combining that with your magic could help."

Meanwhile, Tyler smirked and ate, glad their attention was off him for a moment.

Mahara, while she ate, smirked and said offhand "Well, you know. We don't know your magic limits so we could easily see if you can do that." She said, making Omra's eyes sparkle. Kaliha giggled and nodded. "You can do magic too?" She asked, her eyes glancing at her son who was being fussed over by Melody. "What's your focus?" She asked curiously.

• Love
Claire went beet red and slunk down in her seat, trying her best to answer in Aer. "Um...I...don't have a specific affinity. I seem to be able to do a little of everything." She then smiled and pointed to Tyler. "Tyler on the other hand does crystal magic."

He looked up from his food. "Thanks a lot."

Kaliha looked to Tyler and made an impressed sound before she began to speak in Aer once more. "Really? You can control crystals?" she asked, eyes wide open, impressed. "Could you make the lights dim down if you wanted to?" she asked, leaning forwards in her seat.

Omra looked, though, still at Claire and bowed her head. "No specific affinity, huh?" she asked, more calm that Kaliha. "So you could, in theory, do healing magic. Have you tried yet?"

• Love
Tyler nodded. "Yeah. Um...I kind of tried it during training today. Didn't work, but I was going up against the rest of my team, and they all know what they're doing."

Judy translated and added, "He's surprisingly creative, but still has a lot to learn."

"What about you two?" Tyler asked them back. He looked to Omra. "Your son seems to have a lot of magic. Any of it come from you?"

"Hopefully you know a thing or two about healing magic so you can teach me," Claire added. "I have a feeling I'll need to learn that. Any chance there's a special teacher in our midst?"

Kaliha smiled at the mention of her son and nodded her head. "His magic comes from his grandfather." She said in a bit of pride. "He lives in a city across the mountains, and with his advanced age he can't travel as much as we might like, so they have yet to actually meet. But I know he would love to meet Yul."

Omera, meanwhile, looked over to Claire and smiles a little, nodding. "I'm not the greatest, but I know well enough to be able to teach you. At least for the start." She said. "I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time."

• Bucket of Rainbows
"...There's places people live in this world other than here?" Tyler asked after a pause. The mountains had started to seem like the only signs of civilization in this world. The fact that there were people who lived elsewhere hadn't been made overly clear to him. "Are we...friends with them?"

Judy smirked and said nothing, looking down at her meal while they hopefully embarrassed Tyler on her behalf.

"Excellent. Can I set a time? Affecting organic matter...I had thought that was beyond your 'magic,'" Claire replied. "I mean, fire, technology - even elements like water and earth - sound like simply a manipulation of energy. But healing...that's still energy at its core, but it's so much more complex..."

"Um, Claire. I think you're losing them with science babble," Tyler told her.