・Lungs・

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everything's fine," Mikee told him. "I guess it's just routine. I think I'll be back by tonight or something." Well, there goes the baby steps. He would figure it out when he came back to school the next day. He had a feeling that maybe he wouldn't be good by the end of the day, because he would be in so much pain from his braces being removed.

Mikee got off of the bike, and handed the boy his helmet. He looked at his watch, and saw that school was going to start soon. Mikee didn't know what time he would be leaving, but he hoped it was soon. Even if he didn't have any schoolwork to do, he really didn't want to go to school. Mikee decided as he walked to the doors with James that today would be a good day to tell the Theater Club that he was leaving for the rest of the year.

Mikee sighed, and soon parted ways with James. He kissed him on the cheek, and headed into the office to collect a pass.

Florence grinned, and parked his car. He took Nate's hand, and shook it for the deal. It wasn't long before they were both out of the car, and they both paarted their own ways. Mikee went to his first class, Florence went to his, and life continued on.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
James smiled a bit and nodded. He hardly suspected that Mikee was lying. He had a slight thought that maybe... Mikee was holding something back, but he realized that doctor's visit could be rather personal. And if it wasn't anything of dire importance, then it would make sense for Mikee to hold back some personal medical information. "Call me or text me when you're free then." James informed him after the kiss on the cheek. Then he went off to his first class.

Once again, Silver was there to bother him. But James was in such a good mood, he hardly cared. James even pleasantly spoke to Silver in between some of his classes, which made Silver rose to the stars above.

But then, before lunch, James received a particularly wonderful email. "You're grinning from ear-to-ear, James! It's kinda strange, what's up?" Silver questioned, trying to take a peek at James phone. James quickly hid his phone, however, and he was unable to hide the smile that threatened to split his face.

He just coughed a bit into his hand, excited. "It's nothing. I just got some word for something that I'm planning."
"Ooooh, what are you planning?"
"It's not of any of your concern, Silver... But if all goes as plan, I should be able to execute it tomorrow." Silver pouted and begged James for more information, but James refused to give it up.

It was just going to be between him and Mikee.

During lunch, James' mind often drifted towards his... lover? He knew that Mikee said he would be gone for most of the day, meaning that he probably already disappeared by lunch time. So James sat with Silver, eating lunch together. He still pulled out his phone while Silver blabbered on, however, and decided to send the other boy a text. "Hey, how is the doctor's appointment going?"

James went back to spending some time with Silver.

Nate was quick to sit in his seat during class. And he even was quick to stand up with the class once the bell rang to signify the end of it. However, he hesitated as people rushed out of the door. He counted in his head. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. And then he quickly followed the rest of the crowd through the hallways.

Nate did that for the rest of his classes. Each time, he was counting less and less in his head. By the time lunch rolled around, Nate only needed to count to 6! He was excited, enthralled by his own personal achievement.

Then he quickly went to find Florence. Once he did so, he waved and smiled. "Hey, Florence! Look, I got here sorta early. I think I'm getting better." He followed Florence to get food. Though, once he noticed that the lunchlady had touched his pizza with her bare fingers, he paled a bit. "Can we... switch pizzas?" He asked Florence hesitantly, staring at his own like it was some sort of deranged critter that managed to crawl onto his tray.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dip
Mikee was out of the building before 11 o'clock, but in those short hours, he happened to break a lot of hearts. He called the entire Theater Club to a meeting during the first class, and he broke the news to over thirty-seven kids. They were shocked, proud, happy and sad all at the same time. Mikee held home, cried with them too, and felt loved.

He then did the same with the Art kids. Not to mention the other clubs he had been in. Mikee, at the end of the day, felt almost empty and filled at the same time. He didn't have a clue as to how many kids had enjoyed him, but he was so empty. He would be leaving them all for something new. Mikee walked out of the building with the last of his stuff, and he got into his mother's car.

The dentist took most of the day, and the haircut took the rest. They removed the blue braces, and cut the blond out of his hair, and dyed the rest he couldn't get. The academy said that outrageous hair colors wouldn't be tollerated. It was sometime around nine when he was finished completely, and he was drained. He slept on the floor in the basement, with his suitcases surrounding him and an excited anxiety filling his heart.

The rest of the day was as it ever was with Nate and Florence. They bickered, talked, hugged, went to class and back. At the end of the day, Florence got his brace off and went to registration for Lacrosse. He got his captain's jacket, and his 'Lacrosse Staff'. It was just like any net, but his name was scratched into it, and the net was coiled with braided yarn and thread.

He had his special ball that he had kept all this time, which had his initials carved into the lining with care. F.B. Florence practiced, filled out forms, wore his jacket with pride and soon headed home. Florence let Nate spend another day at his own home, but he was on a call with him from dawn to dusk, talking about their day, inside jokes, how everything went, and how everything would go.

Florence was in love. There was no denying that.

• Love
Once James got home from school, he realized that he never received an answer from Mikee. James frowned slightly but decided to shake it off. Perhaps Mikee was stuck waiting in the doctor's office, therefore not able to get any texts from the outside world.

For the rest of the afternoon, James did what he normally did. He finished up his homework, printed out stuff, and then went to waste some time on the computer. He did make sure that both Angela and Princess Blade were healthy by taking them to see the vet, and even made sure to buy them extra stuff that cats need. Like... Cat toys. Cat nip. Those stuff.

By the end of the day, James was keen to notice that he still haven't gotten any text from Mikee himself. He stared at the screen of his phone, almost willing for Mikee to text him back. But then sighed at the futile of it all. Then he sighed at his own love-sickness. What was he? A middle school girl? James groaned and plopped down in bed. He could spend a night without texting Mikee, it wasn't as if he texted Mikee every night before.

But his house felt unusually large. And every time he made a noise, the echoes came back at him in taunts. Even his cats seemed to be out and about, exploring the vast large area that James called home. It was times like these that made James start planning for a party. Times like these that compelled James to fill his house to the brim with faces of those he didn't know.

But this one time, James didn't want strangers to fulfill the void. He wanted one particular blonde aspiring pilot. He wanted to fill the air with playful banters and smell the unusually strong odor of coffee that Mikee always seemed to have. He just wanted Mikee in the same room as him. Mikee to speak to him. Mikee to be with him. Mikee to touch him.

James groaned and face planted into his pillow. He was love sick and it was devouring his heart. It was awful.

James tried his best to sleep that night, and after some time of tossing and turning, he managed to do so peacefully. Angela and Prince were crawled up in small balls beside James, and he snuggled into their warmth comfortably. His dreams were as empty as his house.

Once awoken by his alarm, James noticed, yet again, that there was still no answer from Mikee. He got up to brush his teeth, change his clothes, and showered. Still not answer. Finally, fed up, James decided to text the other boy. "Get up. Don't be late to school."

James was grumpy. Until he realized that it was Friday and James had a plan up his sleeve. He then grabbed the papers that he had printed out the day before and rushed to the school. He ignored traffic laws again, well, some of them. He still stopped at red lights, like Mikee would like him to do. And he even made sure to stay within 10 MPH of the speed limit.

Suddenly, as James stood near the lockers, despite the earlier grumpyness, James was excited again. He wanted to know how Mikee would react to his surprise. He hoped that for once, Mikee would be speechless. It was going to be great. He sent out another text, "Waiting for you by my locker. Come quick. If you're not here in 10 minutes, I'll go pick you up. And then I'll drive 90 MPH to get to school."

Nate curled up next to Florence as sleep began to dawn onto them. He loved feeling the warm body next to him once again. He sighed lovingly, wrapping his arms around Florence's body. "I love sleeping with you." Nate muttered tiredly, closing his eyes. His words were simple to him, like how someone exclaims they love their best friend when they buy them ice cream. It was simple and innocent.

Unlike the night before, Nate's dreams were pleasant. It was filled with Florence and talking to him about the strange sport he was obsessed with: lacrosse. And he even went out with his dad to make BBQ! And his mom hugged Florence, accepting him into the family.

Nate almost regretfully woke up when he heard the alarm. He grumbled and shoved Florence a bit. "Wake up. School." Nate mumbled tiredly, before stumbling out of bed himself. He then got ready for bed, and since he was the first one up, he decided to treat Florence to breakfast.

He wasn't the best at cooking. But he could at least make pancakes. Chocolate chip pancakes. Nate wore the apron that Myrtle owned, to make sure that none of the chocolate chip batter sprayed on his clothes, and he hummed as he baked. Once Florence entered the kitchen, Nate was grinning happily. "Good morning!" He exclaimed, before placing 3 pancakes on a plate. "I made choco pancakes. Enjoy!"

Nate felt like a wife. But he certainly wasn't going to tell Florence that and give him the satisfaction.

When Nate got the text, he was already wide awake. He had been awake for hours. He woke up at four in the morning, and took a long shower. He watched as some of the dye faded from his hair, but also doing it's job. His hair was it's natural color; brown. He looked different. He felt different. Mikee, once out of the shower, looked himself in the mirror.

He had to leave at nine for the air-port, and he would get to the Academy by three. He would be singed in by five, and he would be introduced to the campus by five-thirty. It was going to be a long day. Mikee brushed his teeth for almost twenty minuets, wondering how he should play out his last day. He could skip. He could go, or he could go off to the air-port right away. Mikee put his phone in his suitcase.

Mikee got a ride with his mother, and was dropped off at school.

He felt as if he was going through a vector. His dreams were unraveling before his eyes, and he felt his heart swell at the realization that everything was unfolding for him. Mikee was wearing a t-shirt that had came in the mail that said 'Saint Gutteinstine Aerial and Militant Academy for Young Men' in large white letters, with their insignia in the middle-- an angle with it's wings outspread and two flying machines in each hand.

He wore a hat over his new hair, feeling as if the world was judging him for his new colors. He licked his teeth, feeling them as straight as every before. He shoved his hands into his pocket almost instantly, and walked through the door, and when he did, he almost had a heart attack.

The art students had just finished up a large poster, in bright blue-- blue? -- letters. It said, "GOOD LUCK MIKEE PEATRAEKIS!" It was hanging over the stairs that led to the upper building. Mikee looked at it, with his jaw dropped. The four students that were hanging it screamed happily, whistling and wishing him luck.

There were other art kids, running around and hanging similar posters around the halls and on almost every door. The lockers were at the far end of the building, and he knew that he had only a few minuets to get to James before the other kids did. Mikee raced down the hall, feeling his life fill with the sound of music and the sound of angels.

He felt like he was floating. All the anxiety that he had previously had now was gone. He was excited. He was so happy. Nothing could ruin this moment! He sprinted down the hall, and when he saw James, he nearly crashed into a hug. His hat came flying, and he kissed the boy so hard he would need braces again.

A stray kid came around, and placed a poster on the wall. Mikee spoke happily, feeling tears going down his face.

"James!" He called happily. He hugged him tightly. "James, oh my god, I have great news!" He nearly shouted. He let go of the boy, almost trembling with pure excitement. He knew that James would love this! "I'm-I'm going to be a pilot!" He bursted. "I applied for private schooling at the academy--" Mikee pulled on his shirt. "This academy-- and they accepted me! For highschool and college!" Mikee shouted.

"I'm leaving soon, James! Isn't that great? Oh, my god, I'm so happy James. Gah!!" He grabbed him for another hug, and another crazy kiss. "GAAH!!! I'M GOING TO FLY!" Mikee took the boy's hands and spun him around. Mikee sang a song from a previous musical. "Shall we dance~? On a bright cloud of music, shall we fly~!!" Mikee sang, as he did as he sang. "Shall we dance? Shall we then say "Goodnight" and mean "Good~bye"! Or, perchance, when the last little star has left the sky, shall we still be together with are arms around each other and shall you be my new ro~mance!"

Mikee laughed happily, before hugging him for the third time, and pulling a sheet of paper out of his pocket. "Quick, James," Mikee's head was moving a hundred miles an hour, or more like five-hundred and fifty miles an hour. "This is the address I'm going to. You can write me-- and-and call on weekends, from noon to three!" He smiled at him, thrusting him the sheet. He laughed happily, and took the boy for another dance. "On the clear understanding that this kind of thing can happen, shall we dance~? Shall we dance~? Shall we dance!"

Florence loved waking up to the boy, and he loved waking up to good food. Florence almost kissed him, he was so happy. He ate his food like an animal, and loved every minuet of it. As soon as breakfast was done, Nate and Florence ran off to school, planning a weekend adventure. But once they got into the building, they could tell that their idea of a good day would be weirder than they thought.

• Bucket of Rainbows
James couldn't understand what was happening. A boy came and hugged and kissed him, a boy with short brown hair and brilliantly blue eyes- Mikee? Was it Mikee? James stared at the boy in his arms, with disbelief. Mikee was no longer a blonde, he was a brunette. And his teeth, there was no taste of metal when James kissed him. The braces were gone. When did that happened?

James could have sworn that yesterday, Mikee was still the blonde hair, braced boy he had known for the last year or so of his life. But this person... Mikee changed dramatically, and James couldn't understand when or how or why.

Yesterday at the Doctor's appointment. James then realized. It wasn't really a Doctor's appointment was it? No one had the time to go to the school in the morning, go to the doctor's, then go to the dentist, and THEN go to the hair salon. There just wasn't enough hours in the days to complete all of those tasked.

So Mikee had lied to him. Go figure.

But that wasn't the worst part of it. James looked up at the poster and heard the music that surrounded them. "GOOD LUCK MIKEE" each poster screamed in various colors. Good luck? For...?

And then James fully understood. Good luck for getting accepted to the academy. Good luck for leaving their small high school and moving on to bigger and better things. Good luck Mikee. Good luck for being busy. James felt his heart and lungs stop. Was he the only one that didn't know? Was Mikee lying to him this entire time? How long had Mikee known he's been accepted to the school?

How long was Mikee already planning on leaving him?

James pulled away from Mikee's hold. He stumbled back slightly, still in shock. He couldn't fully register everyone's screams of happiness and joy that surrounded him. Some of them were crying, but they were all tears of joy, pride, and excitement. But WHY all positive feelings? James felt none of it. He felt none of what they were feeling. All he felt was disbelief, shock, and unbelievable amount of pain. And most of all. He felt stupid. So so very stupid.

James could have said a lot of things. How could you leave me? How long have you known? Why did you wait to tell me today? Were you even planning on telling me at all, or were you planning on just flying out of here and leaving me here wondering? Why Mikee? Why? But none of the questions came out. Nothing. Not even a single whisper.

Instead, James turned around. His hands clutched around the papers he held in his hands. And he immediately walked out of the school. He needed out. He needed to leave.

Nate opened the door for Florence, noticing the bright posters. But then James pushed past him rather roughly. Nate stumbled back slightly and blinked. "Jamesy?" He called out, but James never took a glance back. He walked straight to his motorcycle. Nate frowned, and looked around once more. He saw all the posters and their partings to Mikee. Some of them even had pictures of Mikee and various people together.

Nate blinked and looked over at Florence. "Do you know what's going on...?" He asked curiously. "Because this is weird."

Mikee watched the man turn around. He watched him leave slowly, and slowly the smile left his face. He watched him leave, and Mikee had to force himself to follow. "James...?" He tried to call, following him to the exit of the building. He saw the man walk out, shoving past the two birds, and he watched him walk into the parking lot. "James!" He called, shoving past the two.

"James, come back!" He called loudly, almost as if he was offended. This was his big day! Why wasn't he happy for him, like Mikee was happy for himself? Why wasn't he dancing with him, wishing him luck and telling him he'll write? Why did he just leave, without a word? Sure, James might have took it a wee bit hard, but they hadn't been dating for long...

Mikee wanted to go after him, but he was dragged in by a few other students, hugging him and shuffling him back into the building.

Florence watched all of that happen, and he looked at the posters. "Is Mikee leaving?" He questioned. He watched him be pushed off by groups of others. "IS that Mikee?"

• Love
James ignored him. Not that it took very much to do so, as per usual, Mikee had another group of people to attend to. He was busy. James shoved the papers into the seat of the motorcycle, and shoved on the helmet. He revved his motorcycle a few times, and as the engine roared to life, James felt like screaming with it.

He knew he was overreacting. He knew that this would have eventually happened. Mikee was Mikee. Mikee will always be Mikee. Even if he changed his hair and took off his braces.

But that didn't stop the pain from hurting any less. That didn't stop James from feeling like used toy tossed aside once something more exciting came along. He knew it was happen. He expected it to. But he didn't expect it to happen so soon.

James immediately tore through the parking lot like a mad man. He had now officially abandoned all the rules of traffic laws. He sped through all the red lights, ignored all the speed limits. It was almost as if he was a video game character in the infamous game of Grand Theft Auto. But James didn't care when he heard the police sirens and the constant honks that surrounded him. His mind was still focused on Mikee. How Mikee must have been laughing among his friends.

Perhaps it was a bet. Just like how Mikee dated Florence for a bet. Perhaps Mikee was just laughing at how ridiculous James had been. How stupid James was for falling for the actor. Perhaps Mikee continued the date out of sheer pity. Perhaps Mikee just continued the dating for the sex and nothing else. Perhaps Mikee never cared. Thoughts raced through James head like bullets coming out of a machine gun. There was no rooms for any other thoughts.

There was no room for thoughts on how James had suddenly lost sight of where he was doing; on how his helmet had began to fog up and his eyes were blurred with tears. There was no room for realization that James was driving on the wrong side of the road. And there was certainly no room to realize that there was a giant truck barreling him towards him.

James did, however, notice the large thundering crashing noise that echoed in his ears, the cracking of his bike and his bones, as if they were sticks made out of weak wood. But nothing completely registered. Not even when everything went all black and the echoes and cries of people screaming as police sirens came closer and closer to him.

Nate had to squint his eyes to make sure it was Mikee. He looked so... Different. He wondered if James had something to do with the way he looked. But then he heard people congratulating him on being accepted to some sort of academy. Nate frowned and looked over, just in time to see James rush out of the parking lot. "I have a bad feeling about this..." Nate muttered.

Nate's worry deepened even further when he noticed James wasn't at school for the rest of the day.

The rest of the day was just as exciting as he had pictured it to be. Even with James' small fit, Mikee managed to have fun. For the hour and a half he was there, he managed to say goodbye to old friends, and he wrote a letter to James. He stuffed it in his locker, and left the school with a salute.

Of course there was traffic on the highway. Some asshole decided to drive their motorcycle into a one-way lane. The nerve of some people! Mikee slept for most of the ride, with his headphones plugged in and his mind on the boy he liked. He thought that for a long time, before he left his family in the terminal of the plane.

The trip there was long, and the day was even longer.

Florence went to his classes, and was completely confused of the events that day. The boy did bring up a point about being nervous, sure, and Florence was nervous, aswell. After school, he had gone to Lacrosse. He heard rumors about how the other boy had left schools, and it seemed to fit his character.

He asked about James, and they all shrugged. Well, that's that.

• Love
Nate was worried when he had no real facts about what happened to James for the rest of the day. He even tried contacting James, but nothing seemed to went through. And Nate knew nothing.

Not until the middle of Florence's lacrosse practice anyways.

Nate was sitting at the bleachers, watching and waiting for Florence as he maneuvered through the field with the giant stick. Nate often liked just watching Florence now, and he cheered whenever he thought Florence was doing well. He knew it wasn't actually a game, but he liked being supportive anyways. But while they were busy talking about strategies, Nate decided to take the time to call James once last time for the school day. If made a deal with himself, if James didn't pick up, then Nate wouldn't try again until the next morning.

And once again, there was no answer. Nate sighed, taking note that this time, his call went straight to voice mail. He supposed James got annoyed. Nate then scrolled through the news, just to see what was happening in the world.

Huh. A motorcycle going the wrong way on the highway? That was weird. Nate curiously pressed on the news.

His heart sank to the bottom of the ocean as he read more and more. Young boy. Son of a hotel CEO. Reckless driving. Motorcycle accident.

In critical condition. As far as the news cast was concern, the young boy was still undergoing surgery in the hospital. He had suffered severe damage to his legs, several burns, and several broken bones.

Nate screamed. He immediately shot up and ran down the bleachers. He knew that the other people were staring at him, but Nate shoved the phone in front of Florence's face. "J-James!" Nate stuttered, "JAMES." He couldn't explain what happened. He knew that Florence could read it for himself.

"We have to go to that hospital. We HAVE to see if James is okay!!! Please, Florence! I know you don't really like him, but please." Nate begged.

Florence had been doing both of training rookies and teaching new techniques to the older generation of players. He taught the younger ones how to hold a stick, and the older ones how to properly flick their wrists. Florence was in his element right there. Nothing was bad, and nothing hurt. His heart swelled with pride when he heard the other boy calling out to him on a good job.

Florence didn't need cigarettes when he was playing. This was all he wanted! This was all he cared about. Well, minus Nate. Florence loved both Nate and Lacrosse easily. They were one of the most important parts of his life. When they were practicing for a competition, one of the Freshman pointed at the boy who was racing out onto the field.

Florence watched the boy shove the phone in his face, and he read it over with fear in his eyes. He left training in charge to his second head captain-- Eddie Fay -- and ran out to his car. He still had his net with him, and he wasn't changed out of his usual clothes. He started the car, his chest heaving and sighing in fear and anxiety.

Sure, he hated the guy, but he had a feeling that he wasn't after Nate anymore. He was with Mikee, right-- Oh... OHHH.... Florence raced off to the hospital, and let Nate run in as he parked the car furiously, taking full advantage of his handicap parking sticker.

• Love
Nate ran into the hospital as fast as he could. When he met with the secretary, he nearly screamed at her due to his anxiety. "James Parker! I'm his friend! How is he and can I see him right now?! Pleasetellmehe'llbeokay." It was almost as if Nate had forgotten how to breath in between his sentences and words.

The secretary looked up at Nate with alarmed eyes. But she instantly knew what was going on. Regretfully, she shook her head. "Family members only, unless otherwise specify. You can wait in the waiting lounge though-"

"Can I see his dad then? I can ask for his permission!"
The secretary just shook her head, "He's not in yet. I'm really sorry."

Nate groaned in frustration. He wanted to rush past the doors that blocked him, and run towards the room where James was being held underneath the lights and scapels and beeping machines. But Nate knew it was impossible. He would just get in trouble and he would just get lost. Nate quickly rushed back to Florence and hugged him, seeking comfort in his best friend.

"They won't let us go in to see him. What if he dies Florence? What if he dies?" Nate muttered, tears already streaming down his face. Nate just couldn't imagine what it would be like if one of his closest friends just... died. And because of Mikee! All because of Mikee!!!

Nate's hatred for Mikee grew almost twice as big. "I can't believe Mikee would do this..." Nate muttered angrily and fearfully. "I wonder if Mikee even knows... or cares..."

Florence walked out of the car right when the boy crashed into him. He held him, and hushed him gently. "Don't worry, don't worry, I'll get us in." Florence promised. He blamed the other boy for this, of course he did, but that simply couldn't be the entire reason, could it? Was Mikee the cause of all of this?

Florence walked into the hospital loudly, and forced himself up to the front desk, and kept Nate behind his back.

"James Par--"
"Family only," The nurse stressed for the second time. "Listen, I--"
"I AM HIS BROTHER." Florence screamed at her, shutting her up instantly.
"Uhm... Sir, yelling wont--"
"I. AM. HIS. BROTHER."
"I'm going to have to ask you to leave the premises, sir. You are disturbing the peace, and--"
"BROTHER!!"

The nurse snapped loudly, screaming back at him. "OKAY, FINE!!" She yelled loudly. "1-OH-FUCKING-4!! Just-Just get out of here!" She shook her head, and rubbed her face. Florence and Nate, without another word, headed into the room. Well, they more so sprinted, but they were in there in record time.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Nate was a bit shocked at Florence's action. Did he really just...?

Not that Nate was going to complain. He immediately rushed down the hallways to get to 1-oh-fucking-4. As soon as they arrived, Nate noticed a few doctors leaving the room. He immediately stopped in front of one, his eyes big and teary. "Is James okay? Is he going to be fine? How is he?"

The doctor had one look at Nate's face and knew immediately he couldn't say no. He cleared his throat. "Mr. Parker is..." The doctor immediately regretted his choice to not say 'no' to the crying boy. "He will live." Nate immediately cheered in relief. "However." Nate froze and looked up at the doctor once more.

"Where is his father? I would like to see him." Nate shook his head.
"He's not... here." Nate said simply. He knew that James and his father never had quite the sacred bond, nothing like Nate and his own father. After all, every time Nate asked where James' parents were, James always changed the topic of avoided the subject all together.

The doctor thought for a moment, and looked over at Florence as well. He noted the worried looks on both of their faces and decided that it was okay to tell them. "He... We weren't able to save his right leg... But everything else is fine. He's not awake yet, but you should be able to go in to see him. I warn you though. He's not... very pretty at the moment."

Nate blinked. Right leg? He looked over at the door that blocked James from the rest of the outside world. Nate didn't know how James was going to react when he woke up. Nate couldn't even imagine how Nate himself would react if he suddenly lost a limb.

Nate reached over and grabbed Florence's hand. He squeezed tightly as the doctor left. Then Nate opened the door that led to James room.

The first thing he noticed was the oddness of the shape of James body. Usually, underneath a blanket, one could still point out two arms, a torso, and two legs. But James'... Well, it was obvious that something was missing. Something was very wrong.

And to make matters worse, the machines that hooked up to James had wires criss crossing in every direction. And James face... His face was barely even a face anymore. There were bandages all over him, almost as if he was mummy. His eyes were closed, his cheeks were a bit puffy. He looked awful. Just plain out awful.

Nate squeezed Florence's hand even tighter. "James..." He muttered underneath his breath. He couldn't believe one of his closest friend was just... lying there. In the hospital bed. Nate wasn't sure how much more he could take, but he certainly did not want to leave his side.

Florence didn't believe a single word the doctor had said, mostly because he was off-put by the entire hospital scene. He had never once liked hospitals, only because of the bad situation which had put him there before. He hated the smell, the taste in his mouth, the feeling that something was wrong wherever he went. He hated the hospital, but once he saw the other teen, he had another reason to.

Florence looked at the body-- or, what was left of a body-- in the hospital bed. He looked more cybernetic than organic, and it made Florence feel chills. As he looked over him, his eyes fell upon a mass that was disconnected from his body, and he covered his mouth. He looked over the boy again, and felt like he was going to throw up.

The leg was gone. Clear off of his torso. The boy he knew for most of his school year was completely unaware of it. The smell was getting to him, and his head was spinning. The singing morphine alarms were out of tune, and he felt his stomach rise. Higher, higher, higher, until finally... Florence let go of the other boy, and raced off to the bathroom. He threw up his lunch, and did so as quietly as he could

Nate's eyes widen as he saw Florence rush out. "Florence!" Nate was about to follow right after, but he hesitated. What if James woke up while he was gone? Didn't James need Nate more? He closed his eyes tightly and mentally apologized to Florence in his head. He'll find a way to make it up to him, he will. And anyways, it was too late; he wasn't quite sure where Florence ran off to.

After a few minutes, Nate walked back towards the door. Maybe he made the wrong choice, he didn't know if James was going to wake up after all. And Florence was... Nate was insanely worried about Florence: what was wrong with him? Will he be okay? But before Nate could walk out and go find Florence, James groaned.

Nate instantly turned back around, and he rushed back to James' side. "James?" Nate called out softly. "Jamesie? It's me, Nate."

James was in a state of... strangeness. He couldn't remember what happened, and he felt rather... he felt like lead, but everything was sore. Everything hurt so much. Especially his right leg. James felt that his leg was on fire. Through his haze, he could hear Nathaniel calling out to him. "Nate..." He muttered a bit softly. "I feel... ugh. Where am I?" James tried to open his eyes, but before he could, Nate had quickly slapped his hand over James' eyes.

Why? Because, well, how would James react when he saw what state he was in?! And Nate didn't know how to deal with the fact that James lost his freak'n leg. What else was he suppose to do? "You're... at... the hospital." He hesitatingly replied. "And I think you should go back to sleep! Nothing to see here!!!" Nate then finished quickly, nerves obviously causing his words to come out in awkward bursts.

James grunted as his face stung slightly from the slap. "What the hell..." He muttered, his words still slurred as an after effect of the drugs. "Nathaniel... Le-go."

Nate shook his head, but then realize that James couldn't see. "N-no! Just go back to sleep James!"

James grunted once more. "Serioushly. Le-go." In his half-drugged mind, James couldn't quite understand what Nate was doing. He thought Nate was being childish. A game of hide and seek? No, Nate must be hiding something about James himself. What happened last? How did he end up in the hospital? He remembered... He remembered...

Pain. Lots and lots of pain. The crackling, the screeching, the screaming. The memories came to James like snippets of a burned out disc. He could only catch glimpses, but James quickly put them all together. His motorcycle. He was driving. He crashed.

His leg still throbbed feverishly. "Nathaniel..." James warned again. Nate froze, he wanted to stay in the position forever. To prevent James from ever finding out the horrible situation he was suddenly thrust in. But Nate knew he wasn't able to. He knew that James would have to find out sooner or later. And if James was persistent... Well... How did Nate have the right to keep it from him? Nate pulled his hand back.

James opened his eyes and confirmed Nate's words immediately. He was stuck in a hospital room. He could see the machines that surrounded him, and suddenly, he was keenly aware of the pins and needs inside his arms. James lifted up his arms gingerly, but winced at the pain. They were bandaged and his left arm was even placed in a cast. But when James looked down at himself, he just saw a white blanket covering everything. But something seemed wrong... Something seemed off about the body that laid underneath the blanket. At first, James couldn't tell. Everything seemed fine. Everything seemed normal. He was fully intact.

Until his right leg started to throb again. He was about to move it, to see if he had broken something, but then he stopped. Right leg. On the right side of the bed. Where was his right leg? With a sudden burst of energy, James threw the blanket off of himself. He ignored the bandages that went up and down his chest. He ignored the black and purple bruises that seemed to plague any free skin.

Instead, he stared blankly at nothing. He stared at the space where his leg was suppose to be. He could feel his leg. He could feel the pain. But he couldn't see it. HE COULDN'T FIND HIS LEG.

James screamed. WHERE WAS HIS LEG?! WHERE WAS IT?!

The nurses came flooding in. Nate was trying to calm the screaming boy down, but the nurses just pried him off. "You shouldn't be in here!" The yelled at him and threw him out. Nate tried opening the door again, but it stayed lock.

James was in a state of complete chaos and shock. He had sat up, ripping out most of the wires attached to his arms. The nurses were yelling at him, trying to hold him down. But James couldn't believe in them. He thought they were a lie. This was a nightmare. This was a fucking nightmare and they were just the demons that forced him to imagine that he lost his leg. He flailed as they wrapped their various arms around him. He tried to get away. He needed to get on his bike. He needed to drive off and away.

"James Parker!!! James!!! Please, calm down! Please!" The nurses yelled, "We need a shot! We need to calm him down, before he rips open his stitches!" James didn't listen. Nothing. These people were just a figment of his imagination. He was stuck in a nightmare. He was stuck in one of those stupid horror movies that Mikee loved so much.

"JAMES. YOUR FATHER IS ON THE PHONE." One of the nurses called out, and James froze. His father. His father was calling him. He looked over at the nurse who was holding a phone in her hand. She reached out towards him, handing the phone to him. James stared at it, as if it was a foreign object. He then picked it up.

"James Parker. What did you do." The voice was stern. The voice that belonged to his father.
"Dad... They... I need to get out of here. They did something, my leg. I can't find it. Dad. Help me..." James whimpered, holding the phone shakily in his hands. Tears started to fall and he felt like a child again. "Dad..."
"You did something to embarrass me for the last time." His father merely answered, his voice still as cold as ever. "First that... boy... And now this?! What is wrong with you?!"
"Dad-"
"Stop calling me that!!!" James froze. "This is going to be the last time I talk to you. You're on your own. You are obviously no longer my son. Goodbye James." The phone then signaled someone hanging up and it beeped. James dropped the phone.

And started laughing. James laughed as if he was watching some sort of circus show. He laughed as if he belonged to the insane asylum, in a cell right next to Florence's own father. He laughed like there was no tomorrow.

Why?

Because it was funny. Everything was just so funny! It was just hilarious how everything seemed to be going wrong at once, right? It was the most wonderful, hilarious, slap-stick funniest thing in the world!!! Why wasn't everything laughing with him? Why wouldn't anybody laugh along?

And then James laughter broke down to cries of anguish. Both sounding one and the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
The time was sometime around five-thirty, and Mikee got off of the plane alone.

He was on the other side of the country, and he had a feeling that it was going to be a sour day. It was raining, and even when the light blew past the clouds it was just an ill omen of something that was coming soon enough. Mikee had tried time and time again to call James, because he knew that once he got onto campus he couldn't use his phone till the school year was over.

Mikee left him a string of texts as he waited at a damp bust stop. He was with two other people, but they looked like they wouldn't be following him to where he was going. Mikee sat there, with his bags packed and his heart heavy. He was waiting for the bus to take him to the campus, and he was waiting for the wings on his heart to fly him out of the hole he dug himself in.

"james?"
"whats up?"
"i just got on the plane."
"where are you?"
"do you hate me now?"
"i thought you'd be happy for me."
"i had to lie to you because i didnt want to hurt you."
"i knew you would act this way."
"i never wanted to hurt you."
"are we breaking up?"
"please write me."
"im sorry."
"i still really like you james."
"i hope you're happy now."
"i will wait for you. i hope you wait for me too."
"this will be the last time i can text you. theyre going to take my phone away."
"i miss you."
"i never wanted it to end like this..."
"please write me."
"the address is Saint Hollow's Parkview, 1774 East Washington. write my name on the front, and ill send you some back."
"ill call as often as i can."
"dont hate me."

Mikee heard the bus pull up, and a man stepped out. He wore a uniform that was very militant, and Mikee smiled. He saluted the man, standing as straight as a pole. He had his feet together, his chest puffed out and his hand firmly in a salute. The man saluted back, and they both dismissed. He went over to shake the man's hand, and he hugged him like a brother.

"Mister McCoy," Mikee sighed, before he took his stuff towards the bus. He covered his head from the rain, and lifted up a hatch on the side of the bus. "You're a sight for sore eyes." He said, before he tucked his stuff under a slot that said, "MICHAEL PORTER." There were no original names in the Academy. There was a list that everyone had to follow, and no one could have strange spellings of any form.

"You, aswell." The older man smiled. "Congratulations on your acceptance. But don't think I won't be any harder on you now that I was before."
Mikee cracked a smile. "I would never expect that."

Mikee made his way onto the bus, and Mister McCoy showed him to his seat. It was a long bus ride to the school.

Florence, on the other hand, had a short fit in the bathroom across the hall. He had tried to be as silent as he could, but even the doctors and the nurses had to poke their head out to see what had been happening. They tried to ask him what the matter was, but Florence couldn't talk. His throat was closed, and he knew that his lunch didn't taste good a second time around.

He stumbled out of the bathroom, and just in time to see a band of nurses head to the room James was parked in. Florence raced over, his stomach fighting against him. He watched as they shoved Nate out of the room, and he saw James fight off nearly ten nurses at once. It wasn't long until some of the nurses headed out, and removed the duo off of the premises.

Florence yelled, kicked, and gave up. They said that they could visit when James was better, and when asked about when that would be, they didn't get an answer. Florence and Nate went out to collect some items, so that way they could cheer up James when they could come and visit. Florence drove Nate to the store to get flowers, all of the sugary-sweets he could get, and many more.

While at home those boys worked, on the field, Mikee worked harder. He got his dorm, his class list (with, thankfully, all the classes he wanted and needed) and he got his uniform pressed and polished. They were allowed one dress-code break, and Mikee decided that the next day he would break it with a hat. He was still getting used to his hair, and he wanted to atleast cover it up for a bit.

His dorm was boring and uneventful. He wanted something to happen. It was an ugly white color, but Mikee could see it. He had his bed pushed to the side, and the other bed was pushed away. He would have to get a room mate soon, and where he would sleep would be up for the picking. Mikee chose his bed near the window, and enjoyed the view.

The rest of the night was quiet. The morning was loud.

Mikee woke up to the sound of trumpets at four AM. He changed, brushed his teeth, and headed out of the dorm by five AM. They were yelled at, humiliated and yelled at some more until six, and then they got assigned their numbers and badges. Mikee's number was 1-0-6-4-2, and he was to be called by that number for the rest of the year.

Mikee would have to give out his number when talked to by authority, or when he was getting papers at class. It was his new name, and unlike the seasons, it never changed. He had been 1-0-6-4-2 for as many years as he had been at the academy.

At six-thirty, they were dismissed to breakfast for fifteen minuets, and had another ten until they had class period. Mikee was in his seat by seven, and he could feel his worries leaving from himself. He was happy. He was at home.

• Love
Nate was happy that Florence was quite supportive, despite the previous dislike he had for the other boy. And Nate was still feeling rather guilty at the fact that he didn't go help Florence when Florence needed help. Even as Florence came back from... well, wherever he went, Nate could still see that his face was still a bit green. Had he puked?

Dejected that they were kicked out, and that they were unable to help James, Nate still managed to enjoy just... hanging out with Florence. Sure, they were doing it for the sake of a friend whose life was changed forever, but, it was the first time in a while that Florence and Nate just drove around.

Nate especially enjoyed spending the night once more at Florence's home. He just felt relaxed. He also texted his parents, just to make sure that they were okay with him spending more time with Florence. His mom was hesitant, but his dad was all up for it. The next day, Nate urged Florence to drive them to get more flowers - fresh ones! And then they would be able to visit James. Hopefully he would be 'better' enough to allow visitors.

While Florence was paying for some of the flowers, Nate snuck to the store next door. He made sure that Florence didn't spot him, even as the door rang to signal it opening. Nate looked up at the store, it was just a gift shop. He paused for a moment, what would he be able to get here?

Still, Nate went inside. He tried to hurry and then decided to grab the first bright pink shirt he can find. He picked a rather large one. And one it, read LACROSSE IS PLAYED LIKE HOCKEY, BUT WITH BALLS. Nate knew it was a little vulgar, but he liked it anyways. He bought it, along with a small key chain of an "F" and an "N". The keychains were just something random that Nate picked up at the last minute. He liked it.

When he exited the store he went over to Florence. He smiled at the flowers, glad that they picked so many random ones for James, then he presented his gifts to Florence. "Here! It's a ... gift, in hopes that you feel better from earlier." Nate smiled a bit apologetically, "I'm sorry I didn't go help you out... When you ran out of James room, I mean."

Nate then held out the keychains. "And these are for us! I'll keep the F for your name, and you can keep the N for mine!"

James was numbed for the rest of the evening on Friday. They had upped his dosage of morphine, which caused James to be passed out once more. But when he was awake, James wasn't really awake. He was mentally gone to the world. He found no other point in doing anything. He had a lost a leg, a lover, and a father. How was he suppose to recover from that?

Even as the nurses changed his bed sheets, or changed his clothes, James said nothing. Even as they helped him use the restroom, with James wincing at nearly every touch and movement, he still bit back his tongue. He felt humiliated and defeated. He felt awful.

He didn't understand what people meant that they feel empty in times likes these. James felt like he was filled up. He was filled up to the brim with emotions, that there was barely enough room for air to enter into his body. He often had trouble breathing, and not because of his bruised rib cage.

For a moment, James briefly wondered how Mikee was. In different circumstances, James would have been able to collected himself after the initial shock. He would have sent a mail to Mikee, as Mikee requested, and asked how his dreams were forming. Of course, James still doubted Mikee's like for him, but James could at least be a friend. Not that any of it was possible now. James didn't know Mikee's address, James never got it.

He sighed dejectedly.

A nurse then came in, holding a bag of stuff. James glanced over. "These are some of the... surviving items you had in the crash." The nurse explained before placing the bag on James bed. James shifted through it. He found his phone, but it was crushed to bits. No use there. The helmet that Mikee often used was still intact. James was about to toss is aside, when some papers came fluttering out of it. James picked it up, and his eyes widened.

He still had the gifts for Mikee. Well, now what was he going to do with it? James couldn't possibly use it on himself, he wouldn't enjoy it. He would have only enjoyed it with Mikee.

There was still one other love couple.

James wanted for Nathaniel to come visit. He would present the gift to Nate and Florence. They would probably enjoy Mikee's gift. They would love traveling to Paris together, and getting to sit in the co-pilot seat in one of James' uncle's private jets as they traveled around the city. They would just love it...

James still wondered if Mikee would have loved it as well.

Gym was mandatory, and it was also three hours.

The first hour was running. Straight running. If you stopped running, you had to stay back another hour and make up what you missed, even if it was just to tie your shoes. Most people ditched their shoes within the first forty-five minuets, and Mikee was one of them. Sure, running in socks was something that could cause a concussion, but it made running easier. When the Captain's weren't looking, Mikee would stop to heave a large breath, and move on.

The second hour was ropes. When I mean ropes, I mean ropes. How to tie knots, climbing ropes, walking through ropes courses, and all that fun stuff. Because it was the first day, it was more of an introduction to ropes than anything else, and for that, Mikee was thankful. They talked about how the school year would work out, and how it would be executed and what they should do incase of something or another.

The third hour was weights. They lifted weights, worked out their upper and lower body, and measured themselves. They had to reach atleast a 45% weight and muscle-mass improvement by the end of the year, and if they didn't meet that quota, they got held back and wouldn't be able to get their degrees. At all. Mikee weighted 120 pounds, and if he needed 45%, that would be a whopping 174 pounds he'd need to be. That kind of weight made Mikee scared, but he knew he had no say in this. Mikee was lucky he still had a few inches to grow before he finished for the rest of his life.

By that time, it was noon, and they were dismissed to lunch, with a twenty minuet passing time. Mikee used that time to talk to his roommate, and his new class mates. They talked about what they wanted to major in, and all the shit that they had to do to get accepted into the academy. Mikee talked about how he had to kiss ass all his life, and others talked about all the scholarships they had to work their ass for. Needless to say, they were all connected through one thing or another, and Mikee had a feeling that he would have fun here.

The rest of the day was full of classes and when dinner rolled around, they were all dismissed to a role call. During role, the Captain's had to discuss the good points of the day and the bad. They had to stand at attention, and not move or else they would get called out for it. After a solid forty minuets, they were dismissed to their dorms. They had two hours before lights out, and in those two hours you could go from dorm to dorm, and from the dorms to the campus.

Mikee was exhausted, and didn't bother. He went to bed early that night.

Back at home, though, a group of people knew that they wouldn't be heading back to bed for a long time. It was a group of about six adults and one child, but they shuffled together as one body. Some had flowers, some had food and candy, others had cards and stuffed animals. One even had a bottle of wine, but no one mentioned that, because it was hidden in one of the stuffed animals.

They asked about James Parker, and they went into the room collectively. They didn't bother knocking, because James would know who they were with one look: It was Mikee's family. It was Mikee's mother that came in first, holding a large cake, with 'GET WELL SOON JAMES' written in bright blue frosting. She tried to smile for him, but she was as shocked and aghast as James had been at the realization.

Then it was Mikee's grandfather. He came in and placed a wondrous amount of roses on the bed, and he hugged James as best as he could. He mumbled a Jewish prayer to the boy, in hopes that he would get well, and slapped him gently on the shoulder, trying to smile for him. More and more people shuffled in, and the last one to come in was James. Little James!

James came in, tottling in her little green sundress. She had her hair in braids once more, and in one hand she had a small picture she drew. In crude crayon, it wrote "GET WELL SOON JAMES 2!!!" with a picture of both James and James holding hands and smiling under a large smiling sun, with the trees smiling and a little squirrel smiling. Everything was smiling, and so was James.

Little James crawled up onto the hospital bed, and gave Big James a big hug. "Are you okay?!" She asked loudly, using her little hands to press his cheeks together. "Who hurt you!! I'll hurt them, because I'm James, and you're James, and Jameses should help Jameses out!" She said, with a determined grin.

The family accepted James into the family from the moment they had met, and nothing would or could change that. Mikee's mother went over to speak with him, once James had finished her little rant. "James," She asked gently talking quietly to him. "How are you?" She asked this innocently. She didn't know how he was, or how he should be, or if he should be anything at all.

"My apologies for being so.. intrusive," She said. "I tried to call, I did, but no one answered. I wanted to know if you were feeling okay?" She placed a hand on his shoulder. "I got the news after I dropped off Mikhaeel at the airport, and wanted to see you as quickly as I could." She shook her head. "Oh God, for shame, Mikee does not even know..." She changed the subject as soon as possible. "They are all writing to him, and he would appreciate it if you did, too."

She paused a little, and wiped her eyes. "He did like you. He really did. I do not want to say so soon, but I saw the way he looked at you. I saw the way you looked at him. I could tell, it is a mother thing." She smiled, and rubbed his shoulder. "I am sorry he did not tell you. It was his best intentions to not hurt you, but you have to understand that Mikee is... How you say, very anxious. He jumps so much, at every chance and every opportunity. I have never seen him sit still, atleast not for very long. He likes to keep himself busy," She pulled away from the boy.

"But remember this, James," She started. "He does care. I've heard him talk about you. This was hard for him, to pick, but I know he will do good... But he is still young, he is still a child. He is turning sixteen in a matter of weeks, and I had to let him go when he was still a baby. You are still a baby, and you..." She teared up a bit. "Babies should not hurt like this." She motioned to James. "And he wants to fly. He wants to be a pilot. He wants to fight in wars. My baby boy is getting his wings, and he is too little to fly out of the nest." She covered her mouth, and turned away from James.

She only looked back when she had collected herself. "If you need anything, if you want some food, or a hot shower, or some soap or good company, I will come to you, yeah?" She went and hugged him tightly. "I will leave the address for Mikee. I do not blame you if you will not write him. I'm mad at him, too, so I will not be leaving him a message." She snickered, and pulled away. "It is what it is. If you do not send a letter, then he does not get one. But if you do write one, I will write one with you, and we can send them together. Pinky swear."

Florence smiled when the boy gave him the shirt, and he held the keychain tightly. He would attach it to his Lacrosse case as soon as possible. Once everything was paid for, Florence went into the car and quickly took off his shirt. He laughed loudly as Nate made a scene about how it was indecent, or rude. He put on the bright pink shirt, and pulled on his captain's sweatshirt.

Once that was all said and done, they drove to the hospital.

• Bucket of Rainbows
To say that James was 'shock' was such an understatement, one might as well just give up leaning more elaborate English adjectives. Because NOTHING in the English language could possibly describe all the different emotions that rushed through James like a rocket ship. Well, maybe one thing. If asked, James wouldn't say anything, but in his head, he would describe the experience as a rainbow. Even more rainbow-y than the Skittles he had tasted just a few days before.

At first, James felt absolutely red. When the group of people came in, he was shocked, embarrassed, humiliated, and even a bit angry. He didn't want to see them in his worst of times. He wanted to remain the "James" that they had seen during the party, that they had laughed with and even found amusement in the way he fumbled with their language and culture.

But at the realization that these people won't abandon him at the sight of his... well, uneven body, James felt orange and yellow all mixed together. An orange-ish yellow. His heart immediately swelled with emotions and for once, James felt truly happy without any doubt in his mind. The humiliation faded away to happiness. He hugged the different adults that were present, holding onto each of them tightly as if his life depended on it.

And at the sight of James pictures, James felt absolutely green. Like he was the younger James, not the other way around. He was the newbie. He was the newborn of this new... new... family. James laughed gently as Little James squished his sore cheeks, and he just leaned over to give her the hardest hug he can manage. Sure, his ribs and everything ached at the movement, but James didn't care. He only gave away when Little James started to complain about the need to breath. "Thank you, James... I love the drawing. And don't worry about beating anybody up, I think your smile did the job already."

Then, with Mikee's mother, James first felt rather blue. Both blues. The light blue, because he was soaring at the fact that she existed and cared and was talking to him like he was always someone she loved. But then a dark, morose indigo. During the chaos, he had forgotten about Mikee, despite it being Mikee's family. But at the mention of Mikee, James heart instantly dropped. But he listened to her every word.

And soon enough, as each word passed through the woman's lips, James felt more and more like the hardest color to describe - Violet. The color that was a mix of both the passionate red and the calm blue. The color that was so ambiguous, it was the very exact thing to describe James thoughts. He wanted to write to Mikee. He wanted to ask Mikee how his dreams were, how the skies were, and how the world was unfolding below Mikee's eyes. James wanted to hear Mikee's voice, and although the letter was a far cry from a voice, it was close enough.

But at the same time, he hated Mikee. Mikee had sent him into a spiralling abyss. And would Mikee even care what happened to James? Or would Mikee just shy away in disgust. James felt his right leg throb, despite the perfect knowledge that it wasn't there. He wasn't even, he wasn't symmetrical. He felt like a beast. And Mikee always cared so much about appearances. "I... I might." He stammered as he stared at the address in his hands. Then he lifted up his hand and gave Mikee's mother a pinky swear, one that he hasn't done since he was like 2 years old. "Alright... Tha...thank you." He choked a bit on his tears, unable to produce any more words.

He closed his eyes and listened to everyone around him. This has always been what he was searching for in the hundred of parties he had thrown. This complete death to silence, absolute slaughter to loneliness. There was just one more thing missing.

Nate was surprised to hear all the noises coming from James room. He glanced over at Florence and then opened the door. Nate was instantly greeted by the friendliness of the complete and utter strangers, but Nate didn't complain. He saw how James was reacting to these people, and Nate instantly knew that none of them meant him harm.

Nate placed flowers next to the abundance of flowers on James table side, and he grinned. "Hey, Jamesie. Throwing another party already?"

James smiled and looked around at the people. He wiped his eyes a bit and nodded. "And you showed up again. You're becoming less and less antisocial." Nate laughed and hugged James tightly. To Nate, it was a bit disgusting, but it was James! So Nate managed it without any scenes. James reciprocated with glee.

James even reached out to hug Florence. He was just that happy. But during the hug, he made sure to whisper into Florence's ears, making sure that Nate heard nothing. "I'm sorry for everything that we did... But, really, when are you and Nathaniel going to hook up? If you don't grab him someone else might..." James then let go, a warning smirk now back on his face. He was just teasing, but James liked to see Florence fluster anyways. James thought briefly back to his gift for Mikee, but then decided against it. Maybe... Maybe Mikee would still like it.

The rest of the night was a memory James made sure to sear into his mind. It was certainly the best party of his night, even as he was bed ridden the entire time. There was even wine!!! James laughed when they brought that out, although he made sure to keep a cup out of the hands of Little James who wanted to try. James didn't participate in drinking himself, instead he kept James close and hugged her like she was his teddy bear. He would have done the same for Nate, but then decided it was more fun to hug Florence some more. James laughed as Nate grabbed Florence away from him, an obvious jealous look in his eyes.

"It's... it's getting late! We should go home!" Nate muttered after being fed up with James obvious closeness with Florence. And as if on cue, a nurse came in. She saw the bottle of wine and nearly yelled out bloody mary.

"WHO BROUGHT THIS IN HERE?! OUT! All of you OUT! Visiting hours are OVER!!!" She then wrestle all 6 adults, 2 teens, and 1 kid out of the room. It was pretty impressive actually, saying she was by herself.

James waved to each of them quickly. He even gave James one last hug before he collapsed onto the bed. He was exhausted and he felt sore everywhere. He wanted to sleep but he had one last job to do that night.

Nate gladly went out of James room and then dragged Florence to the car. He was glad that he was sleeping over again. He liked James, sure, James was one of his closest friends! But still... The thought of James and Florence getting together... It horrified Nate. Once inside the car, Nate relaxed. Then he turned to Florence, "Be careful around James!" He declared; it was as if James was Mikee all over again in Nate's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.