@Beckett I can bring up an example of mixing Magic and Technology that is not imbuement. If you cannot imagine any, this might help. :)

Like a machine that goes through the somatic actions needed for some spellcasters, allowing them to forgo the complicated gestures and focus on the other aspects of magic-utilization like channeling. It does not need to be imbued because movement, afterall, is purely mechanical. Gears and rotors can do it. It could be made of a conductive material for celestial/earthen energy, If the spellcaster chooses to be even more lazy than they are (for using this :P).

In this example, it is the example of engineering that works to aid a magical process. It is not imbuement. Yet, it is definitely a mix of Magic and Technology.

Things like this. I could list more examples but I'd rather leave some for the IC.

I have my character as a Sairuvar so I really have to think about these things. :| Be warned, I'm going to say the word 'think' at least 3 more times in this post. I think.

@Firewombat I'd think that too, you are not alone.

@Auralnaut Pre-existing relationships! I do not think my character really has any with you guys, I mean he's probably born too late to have had any real impact on the war beforehand to have met any of the 'war-torn' edhil / uialie there. In his case, it's like hearing about the war in the middleast on the news and being nowhere near there. Which is the way I'm going to roleplay it.

The only slightest, most remote connection I can think of is that he might look like one of Nieri's past friends. Or that he might have worked with Vanulitz before, since he's a scholar from Hyarya-tol.

I guess I'm more interested in the possible relationships that may become, there's alot I can see happening from reading the personality sections of each and every character. :>

Last edited by a moderator:
Racism is a really strange concept, but there it is - you'll have to take my word for it, but I've met truly, strongly racist people on a few occasions. They tend to be very irrational and hatred-filled sorts, and often the reasons are completely unfounded, even if they stem from some skewed form of patriotism. Really, if you've seen disgust - it's that, I can't wrap my head around it because I don't -feel- any of the hatred they do, but I would bet an afternoon's coffee that they wouldn't find anyone from the race they're opinionated about attractive, or ever deign to have romantic relations of equal standing or otherwise with any of them.

'Sides, I think we've established that the royal line of Eriston are all practically monstrous in their hatred of the other races, or completely sociopathic in their quest for these all-powerful godly artifacts. Maybe both.

It's a touchy subject, but really, I don't buy Vahnulitz being the king's bae, willing or otherwise. And without any kind of lingering passive or active aggression, I will fully respect it if you want that to remain a point of the character's history, and I'll go along with it if that's what we stop at, but I'm just saying that I'd like to see that changed, because it'd be a massive plot-hole that'd be awkward to work around in the future.

Hello! The plot is intriguing -- are you still accepting more character? If so, I would like to join as an Edhil male in the Fatanen party.

@Firewombat The king strikes me as an extremely manipulative guy, as most politicians are wont to be. Just as he portrays himself as a venerable man to Alastair to gain his trust, he could very well simulate a romantic relationship with Vahnulitz to ensure her loyalty to him; this kindness would gradually wane as his influence over her increased. Perhaps it could even evolve into an abusive relationship? Outside of her skills as a warrior, the king might just like to keep her around as a sort of "ha-ha-ha I'm fighting the Edhil and one is still in love with me" trophy, or as a living family heirloom. This is all just a suggestion of course!

Man, the king is really turning out to be quite the jerk.

As far as pre-existing relationships go, I think I might have used the wrong term :P I've been out of the game a while, cut me some slack! I wasn't thinking of anything as deep as Thrydlden and Shialaevar's relationship, although it is still a possibility. What I had in mind was just their general opinions of each other; Alastair, Vahnulitz, and Zora especially, all members of the king's inner circle, have probably interacted enough to establish how they feel towards one another. Then again, most of this could easily be sorted out in the first in context post. Whatever works for you guys really!

Hello! The plot is intriguing -- are you still accepting more character? If so, I would like to join as an Edhil male in the Fatanen party.
I think we are but Thoughtmanifest hasn't been on in a little bit (holiday stuff I presume), so I would start a CS if you are still interested and then we can relay the message when she gets back.

@Beckett, Hyarya Tol isn't limited to imbuement. Another goal they have is attempting to understand magic from a scientific standpoint. Hyarya Tol is also the island that has the most people in Enya Tol working on ways to help the remaining Uialien successfully breed with non-Uialien so they can pass on their genes rather than have them simply die out. It's potions and imbuement and medical, sure, but they've also got combinations in geology, understanding astronomy from both perspectives, divination, and a whole slew of other things including how mathematics tie into magic. @71372 got it right when they suggested alchemy and engineering.

The relationship probably isn't "romantic" from Dwennon's perspective even if Vahn feels they are. It's about perspective. You and I already discussed his probably more or less having a few key moments of doing the do with Vahn before kind of side-lining her for Zora (who he believes is 100% full-blooded Fatan), so I think that could work.

@Auralnaut, Alastair has been accepted! BTW, the spoilers are only for anything you have to say that has nothing to do with the RP. Like if we were holding a conversation about our days or Digimon or something. You're welcome to keep using them as you are, I just wanted to make sure you knew why I'd used it initially. As for feelings between Locke and Zora, I'm fine with sorting that out through the initial IC post and figuring it out from there. Nothing says we can't do it that way.

@Firewombat, there is currently only one High Royal. He isn't married and hasn't had any kids (unless they're bastards that aren't Zora's because you better believe any accidental pregnancy of hers is met with abortion potions). Before High King Dwennon, his mother served as High Queen, but she died driving the Nogyth from the mountains. I see her husband having died before this took place. Before the High Queen, there was her father (and Dwennon's grandfather) who served as High King. He died during the genocide of the Uialien. His wife probably died before then, too. I haven't named High King Gramps or High Queen Mom because they're dead, but if anyone wants to put some names forth, I'll definitely consider them if we think it'll add to clarity.

As far as Dwennon sleeping with Vahn, @Beckett and I kind of discussed his doing it before he became the High King. I don't see it as something strictly romantic. He might have had feelings of some sort then, but I always saw the Bracelet as something that would warp the user's mind without Lim to balance the toll it takes, so his incredible dickery has been exacerbated quite a lot since he came into his inheritance. It's also why his predecessors gave no shits about wiping out entire races. There just isn't any IC proof, so I stuck that into the "unconfirmed" section of Duath's tab.

@Rambunctious, yes, we're still accepting people! Go ahead and throw up some questions and a CS whenever you're ready!

BASICS

• Dolf of the Stonefoot Clan or just "Dolf"

• 163 (Young adult)

• Male

• Nogoth

• Sleepy_Dwarf.jpg

Dolf stands at a respectable four feet and 4 inches. He has typical dwarf build with stocky (yet flabby) arms and legs. A square head sits atop an almost nonexistent neck. While Dolf's overall silhouette may look intimidating at first (an extremely wide and sturdy looking shape), his face naturally droops in an almost perpetually sad expression. The Nogoth has deep set gold eyes, flecked with brown. Thick, wiry brown hair covers Dolf's head, though there are some grey strands. A closely trimmed beard frames his face with likewise grey hair. His hunched stature belies a life of bending over a desk with a quill in hand. Dolf has a pale complexion that is tainted with a slight soot color. A permanent ink smudge seems to dominate his left brow.

His clothes are made of typical wool and rough leather. Still not accustomed to life on the road, even after 20 years, Dolf has gone through many a traveling bag/satchel, so he has a number of pouches hanging off of his shoulders at any given time. He carries with him a walking stick about one and a half times his height. A leather grip is attached to the midsection, as the wood is not polished (Dolf already has enough blisters).

PROWESS

• Saurivar (Illusion and Banishment/Blocking)

• Like all Nogyth, Dolf is capable of feats of strength when the going gets rough. However, after decades of sitting at a cramped desk, Dolf's strength isn't what it used to be.

• Dolf is specialized in weaving convincing illusions. His studies have been focused on tricking the minds of others (and perhaps the self as well) to believe certain things. Mental illusions are far more complicated than physical ones, but Dolf has survived well with his skill in optic manipulation. The mind is a fickle creature, it is easier to go for the eyes and eyes after all.

Amplifying his voice, making false claims, confusing the sense of touch, smell and taste is the least Dolf can do, but chooses only to do as well. He usually stays out of people's minds and attracts their senses to his outward illusions instead. However, the implantation of false memories and touch of madness are part of his repertoire, though Dolf has never needed to use it. This is the reason he is unsure it will work at all.

Dolf is also proficient in Banishment. This art form was used by his family and extended relatives to combat the effects of evil magic when they still lived in Stergos Kundan. The aid of illusory trickery helps with instilling fear and chaos among ranks of Fatanen. Declarations of masterful wording must be emphasized in this field; otherwise one might find a major weakness in a lawful argument. The sufficient willpower necessary to power such potent banishment words (Turning, Commanding, Saving, Blessing, Lowering, Raising) is extraordinary, so Dolf has learned certain meditation techniques to help him clear his mind. Extensive time with his grimoire is needed.

Dolf enjoys the study of ancient ruins, albeit his letters to be accepted to the University of Yaeldul were rejected. This particular skill of his extends to the histories of the lands, and his grossly large fascination with the Amlugan. His most extensive work is done on the interactions between Stegros Memtorum and the Amlugan. His search has lead him to desire to see the ruins of Memtorum. Perhaps there is a clue to the mysterious Amlugan and their lifestyle?

Besides that, his hobbies extend to poring over old history books and cooking his favorite meal in the whole world: rabbit meat stew.

• A simple staff of rough barkwood, it looks llike it would snap in two if anyone stepped on it. However, the fact that it has survived for 20 years during the turmoil of the genocide of the Nogyth people and then some says that this is no ordinary wood.

Some pouches on Dolf's person contain flammable substances for banishment spells.

THE PERSON

• Edhil Resistance

• A life on the road has not been kind to Dolf the Nogoth. His hatred for the Fatanen has burned for a decade after the fall of Stegros Kundan, but his resentment has been dulled slightly over the past 20 years. Now Dolf acts tired, practically all the time. His sad features do not help him raise his spirits often either. His actions are often characterized as slow and Dolf takes frequent breaks from whatever he is doing.

However, when his ire is raised, one can expect a booming voice and a straightened posture. Dolf will not tolerate injustice to any creature, save the Fatanen. The enmity of that whole race has scarred him into abandoning his morality concerning the ilk of the Fatanen. His rage against the Fatanen can still be felt, simmering underneath the surface. For a period of years, Dolf had even tried to forget about the tragedy of his people. Dolf looks at hybrids of the Fatanen with pity, and shakes his head at their misfortune of inheriting the 'Fatanen' curse.

Dolf grows more animated when talking about scholarly subjects, especially archaeology and the recovery of lost magic.

• Dolf was born in Stegros Kundan. His family was of a middle tradesman clan, selling magical trinkets of warding and good fortune. During the war against the High Queen of Eriston, Dolf's family was lost in the tunnels during an evacuation. His integration into the family business cut short by the loss of Stegros Kundan, Dolf escaped capture into slavery in the aftermath of the climactic battle that claimed so many Nogyth lives. After wandering through the wilderness with a couple of other Kundan survivors, he happened upon a scout military skimmer off the coast.

The Edhil who ran the vessel came afoul a scouting party of Fatanen looking for Nogoth survivors and could not escape before getting caught in battle. Though the rest of his group perished, Dolf used his illusory skills to confuse and distract the enemy long enough for the Edhil to dispatch them. Climbing aboard, Dolf could not thank the Edhil enough before they made way to Hyarya Tol to tell the fate of the Nogyth.

Over the years after his escape to the Edhil lands, Dolf grew ever more resentful of his pitiful status and began looking into a way to defeat the Fatanen. His search through ancient tomes and expeditions to lost ruins in Aliudea struck him with a certain interest in the Amlugan. This race has been strangely neutral while the rest were at war. His interest was increased even more when he heard rumors abound of an expedition to find the counterpart to the Bracelet of Duath in Amlugan territory. Suspecting that this magical artifact may be the key to restoring the Nogyth as a whole, Dolf volunteered to join the company that will set off to claim the Bracelet for victory against the Fatanen.

After the fall of the Nogyth civilization, Dolf has developed more of an obsession at rebuilding his home and culture than anything else.

• Dolf's kin - Deceased or MIA

Here is my character, FINALLY IN ALL TABBED GLORY.

Under Construction
Will finish on Saturday or Sunday.
120802_s5_cxx4ssss.jpg

BASICS

• Birth Name: Thane Sinclair
    Title: Sir Sinclair

• 39 Years Old

• Male

• Half Fatanen (Father's Side)
    • Half Edhil (Mother's Side)

• 6'5" Ft
    • 245 Lbs
    • Eyes: Hooded, almond brown eyes that are framed with long thin lashes.
    • Hair: A mullet shaped hair sporting the color brown. His hair curls on the top and as the trail of hair growing, it becomes wavy rather than curly.
    • Body: A hodgepodge of lanky and bulky, his body is rather muscular. His body bear little body fat. His weight is mostly made up of muscle mass, but his body isn't popping veins right and left.

PROWESS

• Dagthor

• Swordsman
    By the day the man could walk as a babe he was trained to be an elite swordsman. His repertoire of the longsword has come to him simply, like breathing. Thane's well-known for his constant quick strikes, rendering his opponent to become discombobulated, unable to keep track on the sword.​
    Hand-to-Hand Combat
    Thane is well equipped with just himself, using only his bare hands and feet as a weapon. The man is able to fight without his sword. Thane is knowledgable in a variety of martial arts.​
    Agile & Quick
    With or without the armor the man exhibits great speed and agility. He is able to run a couple of miles under thirty minutes. With the armor that laden's the man, he is able to exhibit great speed, however slightly slower.​
    Adaptability
    Despite the harsh conditions mother nature bestows upon the young knight, he is able to quickly withstand it and adapt to the environment quickly. Whether it is the cold, the torrid weather, or the damp and wet weather -- Thane will be able to adapt to it.​
    Quick-witted
    During sudden attacks Thane can quickly assess himself to enter fighting-mode. With each attack is opponent makes, Thane is able to think quickly during battles.​

• Self-Heal
    The knight has dabbled with healing magic, he slowly began to use the magic with ease. However his knowledge of healing magic is limited and so is his abilities. Thane is only able to heal cuts (deep or shallow) and cure headaches. Other than that he is unable to do.

• Breastplate accompanied by the shoulder armor.
    • The right shoulder armor, is crafted into a falcons head, the Sinclair sigil.
    • Underneath his breastplate and shoulder armor lays a thin woolen shirt and chainmail.
    • Simple pants, with a thick material.
    • On his right arm, a complex gauntlet is worn.
    • Leather strappings, festooned on his chest, waist, and hips.
    • On his hip is his scabbard, where his longsword rests.
    • He carries two daggers.

The Person

• Fatanen Resistance

• Father: Cain Sinclair | Age: 72 | Fatanen | Alive
    Mother: Na'ata (Last name unknown) | Age Unknown | Edhil | Alive
    Step-Mother: Ophelia Mordame | Age: 47 | Fatanen | Alive
    Wife: Anastasia Ni'eta | Age: 20 | Fatanen | Alive
    Bastard Son: Boris Sinclair | Age: 10 | Fatanen & Uialien | Deceased

That explains things well enough, I suppose, though I hope it doesn't end up waiving practically anything ranging from mean to monstrous that anybody's ever done as Bracelet Mind Magic - because that would be simple, and kind of boring. Also that's the name of my new grunge band.

Now, moving on to something else, I'm about to be incredibly critical of the beginnings of Rambunctious' character. I may seem a little overzealous, but I think I've got good reason to be cautious. I may end up ruffling some feathers, so - you've been warned.

Bearing in mind I haven't seen his story, I still think I need to point out some things that (depending on Rambunctious' intent) are either harmless mistakes, or blatant powergaming bullshit. I've seen it done before, and I'd rather not see it happen again, so, here I go.

1) Thane is literally bigger and stronger than Arnold Schwarzenegger. Let's make a side-by-side comparison here.

Arnie in his prime:

Height: 6'2''
Weight: 235 lbs.

Thane Sinclair:

Height: 6'5''
Weight: 245 lbs.

It took Arnold decades of dedication, effort, harrowing physical exercising regimens and dieting to develop the body that he had in the years in which he won a whole bunch of awards. That takes life-long dedication, and noblemen don't have time for that. If it doesn't say in your history that Thane was lifting, pumping weights and chugging protean shakes - I call bullshit, plain and simple.

2) Thane is a lightning-quick, agile swordsman.

Alright, let's get this out of the door right quick, body-builders are a lot of things (and that's what I'm calling Thane now, too), but they are NOT lightning fast, or agile. They are Strong - yes, with a capital ''S''. That's the whole point of becoming that muscular, to see who can get the biggest, baddest, oiliest muscles - and you get those by lifting increasingly heavier things over and over. There's no part of them that is ''lanky'', or quick.

If he's trying to be Gregor Clegane ''The Mountain'' - sure, that's all fine, but he ain't no Water-Dancer.

3) Half-Edhil.

It's been stated time and again - that Edhil are dextrous, agile and graceful. They don't rely on strength and they're not naturally large or muscular. They're practically Tolkien-esque Elves, I'm sure we've all watched Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit by now, I didn't see Legolas tearing his shirt off with the bulging of his pecks alone.

4) Self-Heal.

Alright, we've all seen Wolverine movies, haven't we? Yeah, we have - you know what that means. Self-healing, regeneration and whatnot is by far one of the most abused ''powers'' or ''magical'' abilities out there, when it comes to roleplay. People abuse it left and right, and they do it constantly. Now, this will seem incredibly cynical of me, if I wasn't coming off as a cynical nobhead already - but I don't trust anyone, or myself for that matter, to have any kind of self-healing. Unless you're a dedicated Healer, you shouldn't be able to do it, because we know it will be done wrong.

In the end, this is all within the realm of fantasy, and if Thane is accepted I will never even mention any of these gripes I have with the character ever again - because I respect the OP (GM, you get the idea)'s decisions and I expect Thoughtmanifest to be able to reign in or otherwise deal with players who turn out to play unrealistic and overpowered characters for the sole purpose of satisfying a power fantasy.

Now - I'd like to be clear that I'm not accusing anyone of that - but I'm just laying out everything I see here. I've seen this before - and Thane Sinclair looks like the kind of hunky asian MMORPG character archetype that I've seen used to satisfy power-fantasies in the past. If that is far from your intention and you simply weren't aware of come of the things I laid out up there, or you had something entirely in mind, Rambunctious, I apologize profusely, but at least to me - that's what Thane looks like right now.

Don't believe me? Check this shit out -
human_m_no-armor.jpg

Yeah, if this RP's thing was to be a power-fantasy, I'd be okay with it, but I don't think that's the point, from everything Thoughtmanifest's showed up 'till now.

@Sarcor I'm so glad someone actually read my character profile's short explaination on Blocking/Warding and applied little of it to the reasoning behind their own character's abilities! :))) Woohoo! Made my day. I'll send you the Basic Tab Code that I used, see if this helps.

@Firewombat I had no idea 245 lbs looked that way. o_O That's something new. Granted, I use Kilograms here. @_@ I agree with quite a few points. :) However do try to be less harsh on the newcomer in terms of language though, I don't think you intend to make him feel hated afterall. It'll just make him/her more likely to miss your point and that would be a shame because there's sense in them!

@Rambunctious I like how you portrayed dagthors as something other than wild-eyed, club-wielding cave people. That was my first impression when I read about the class! :>

Unfortunately I do not believe healing is a part of a dagthor's magical capabilities. It is an issue we have discussed in the past and you can still find the old posts here in the OOC. It has been agreed on that dagthors employ 'Berserker Magic' - which probably includes things like getting an adrenaline rush and when moms lift cars over their children. As the name implies. But the art of miraculous healing seems to remain firmly in Nestad and Cemgollor hands. Even then, I'd think deep cuts and wounds would take quite a bit of effort for them dedicated healers. Maybe you could speak to tm about this? :)

Mayhaps accelerated healing/injury suppression (to a reasonable origin and degree) as a possible suggestion, along the lines of drugs and morphine - very gradual, very holistic process. Most importantly, have a good reason!

@71372 True, you do have a point there, I suppose I can come across as a little too harsh sometimes, it's a fault of mine that I'm still struggling with sometimes. I don't mean to scold, though, I often tend to exaggerate and use obscenities as a kind of hyperbole. You could call it primitive comedy, but I see swearing as light-hearted.

@Rambunctious I mean it though, when I say that I hope you don't take me -too- seriously. Look past me swearing and using strong words, and really, all I'm offering is a perspective, albeit a little jaded one. I don't mean to judge, or accuse, but I'm invested in this RP taking off and being a fun experience for all of us, I suppose I'm a little ''protective'' where I shouldn't be. So! If I seem rude, I apologise.

@71372 Thanks for that precedent! I knew that I wanted Dolf to be a wizard with banishing capabilities, but I wasn't sure how to implement it. Read your description of warding and just made a "spoken" spinoff. Besides, words of power are amplified by illusion as well, so I figured it fits with my idea of a character!

And again switching to another note - to the idea of Dagthor being more berserker-esque types. I've had that going through my head for a while, even after I finalized my idea of Ajani and what kind of Dagthor she is.

In my head it really boils down to a couple of things:

1) Not every soldier, mercenary, or armed guard is a Dagthor - In essence, it boils down to the same thing as classes in Dungeons and Dragons, Dagthor are a cut above the rest, they have the potential to become powerful and skilled warriors in their own right - and often have more technique and prowess associated them, be it a fighting style that they're studying and mastering, be it more intuitive combat savvy, or otherwise.

2) There's as many kinds of Dagthor as there were in the real world. What I mean by that is that there are a lot of ''warrior'' cultures out there, for Ajani, I took inspiration from two or three very different historical kinds of warriors.

- The first is medieval Western European martial arts. Often you hear them being dismissed as two burly dudes in armor smacking at each other and hoping for the best, but where words fail me, this video ought to give insight into the kind of fighting style I had in mind for Ajani. Have a look-see, this should be illuminating.

- The second, as I've mentioned, is Eastern Asian martial arts. And I probably don't need to post a video about these - if you've seen movies with Jet Li, Jacky Chan, Chou Yung Fatt and a legion of other wuxia (or martial hero) film stars. This is, essentially - kung-fu, discipline that hones both body and soul in the pursuit of perfection.

- And lastly, and this is also tied into kung-fu, but has more to do with Ajani's magic - I was inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: The Legend of Korra. The idea that honing the body and mastering martial arts can bestow nearly supernatural powers. Like weaving and evading several simultaneous attacks with unearthly grace, like a leaf on the wind. Or pitting the force of her will against the strength of steel, in an attempt to shatter an opponent's weapon with her own, or bare-handed.

You get the idea - fencing and kung-fu, incredible power, but always meant to be used with a clear mind, never in anger or malice, unlike in Dragonball Z, shouting very loudly doesn't make the attacks stronger.

@Firewombat Yeah I saw a distinct lack of Nosgyth in the character list. It took me forever to get the sheet up cause of Finals issues.

Big thanks to 71372 for getting me the tab code, though some of the colors are off for some reason. No idea why. *shrugs*

Also, I might have been obsessed with Legend of Korra and the stupendous finale to post my character sheet as well hehe...

@Sarcor,
yay! A Nogoth! I was starting to get worried that maybe I'd written them to be undesirable as a race. I'm glad you felt inspired by them enough to want to play one. What colours are off for you in the coding of your sheet? To me, they look the same as everyone else's tabbed sheets (which... btw is not a requirement for character sheets. I just like the way it looks.)

Is Stonefoot not a surname and that's why the clarification that just calling him Dolf is needed? I mostly want to know because Nieri is going to want to be as respectful as possible toward other people from other cultures, and until she's explicitly told she can use a nickname, she will use a person's full first name.

Grammatically, there isn't an "s" in the singular, Nogoth, or the plural, Nogyth. Sometimes you got it right, but you wrote them with an "s" enough times that I wanted to address it. Nogythic wouldn't be used. It would just be Nogyth in much the same way Edhil would be used rather than Edhilian. The suffix just isn't necessary. Also, the nation is Stegros, not Stergos. Finally, one elf is an Edhel while two or more elves would be Edhil. CTRL+F will be your friend when fixing these things.

The personality is a little conflicting, so maybe I just need clarification. Dolf seems pretty gung-ho about bad things happening to the Fatanen for someone whose resentment has faded away where they're concerned.

As for the history, Dolf couldn't have been the one to find the hiding place of the Bracelet of Lim which has been sought by them since before the first High King decimated the Uialien. The Fatanen found the location first, and Edhil Resistance spies in Eriston sent word to Inen about the location. The Inen archives don't even have tomes that could hint that the Bracelet of Lim is located in Ushtaway, protected by the Amlugan. However, I'm fine with Dolf's looking; just not his finding. He'd have found out through rumors when the Council of Inen started looking for people to apply to join the party going after the Bracelet just like all the rest of them. Also, I don't see the Nogyth finding out about the Bracelet of Lim after their destruction. I see the High Queen being like, "Look. I know you have this. Give it up or face the consequences." and they didn't have it, but she didn't realize it, and so they faced the consequences anyway, and that's how the Fatanen realized the Nogyth didn't actually have it at all. However, because so many survived and went to Inen, they were like, "Yo', Edhil! You're the last real stronghold against the Fatanen. They're after this Bracelet. Thought you should know."

Once those things are fixed, Dolf can be accepted. He'll be in the Pending Characters section until then.

@Rambunctious, I normally don't read through the character sheets (at least not more than to skim them) until the poster lets me know the sheet is complete, but I noticed some concerns were raised, and I want to address them.

At 6'5" and 245 lbs., there wouldn't be a combination of lankiness and bulkiness, there would only be bulk. It makes sense for him to be that tall, but he'll need significantly less weight on him to make for a feasible half-Edhel body type. Actor Joe Manganiello might be a better example. The man is 6'5" and 236 lbs, and he's still incredibly bulky; also, he works out pretty much every day for long expanses of time. People with that much bulk are not going to be fast. They're going to rely on strength and stamina more than speed. Just look at Nieri. She's very small and very quick. She relies on her speed because she's incredibly squishy in battle. If she was slow, she'd be dead. A man as bulky 245 lbs. of muscle doesn't need to be fast because he is huge and can take a hit.

I'd also like to know what you mean by adaptability. Does it literally not affect him physically? If it's the latter, that needs to change. I can see that for a Sairuvar or even a Cemgollor, but not for a Dagthor, and it can't be a physical thing. That's magic through-and-through.

You need to add Nestad to his classes if he's going to be a healer, too, even if it's just for himself, and I need backstory about how long he's been training to be able to heal cuts and headaches. As a real life person who has been getting regular migraines for quite some time, you should also know that headaches can be caused by a variety of problems, and not all of them are related. I also think that using magic around the brain area is incredibly dangerous and complicated, so he'd need to have trained for a long time to be able to deal with all of the varieties of headaches without giving himself brain damage.

You may even want to make him older to make it more feasible. If he's half Edhel, he'd be younger longer than most anyway. Zora's only 1/8 Edhel, and even she has a bit of the aging thing (which is why I'm comfortable using a twenty-nine year old actress for the face claim despite the character being in her mid-forties) though it wouldn't be nearly as drastic as someone with as much Edhel blood as Thane.

Just some things to think about while you flesh out your character. Thane is in the Pending Characters section.

@Firewombat,
I appreciate your raising the concerns you did. They're valid, and I agree with you that this RP isn't about living out power fantasies. It's meant to have fallible characters with unique strengths and weaknesses. While I'm definitely comfortable with other people voicing concerns, in the future, I'd like everything voiced to be done in a respectful manner. I know you said that you can come across as aggressive and cold, and I get it. I have been where you are because I've come across that way myself. I just don't want your knowledge that you are that way and the disclaimer that you're about to ruffle feathers to be an excuse to not change the way you talk to people. You don't have to change in your day to day life, but in this OoC, I'm calling it a necessity. Just think about how you're saying things, and try to do so in a manner that's more respectful. It's all I ask. I don't care about cursing, but I do care that everyone is spoken to as an equal and not talked down to. We're all people, and we all deserve respect until we start refusing to give it to others (but I'll address that if that comes to pass). Have Ajani be rude and/or condescending to the rest of our characters all you want because that's just fiction. It's not fiction when you as the player talk to other other players that way. I appreciate it!

You're absolutely on point about Dagthor varieties.

EDIT
I forgot to address the fact that the Bracelet isn't just a catch-all for bad behavior. It just amplifies what's already there. High King Dwennon was already a racist just as he'd been taught to be his whole life, but it definitely increased his venom toward anyone who isn't 100% Fatan. In his younger years pre-coronation, he may have had doubts about the validity of Fatanen racism, and he and Vahn could have done the do then, but I imagine those doubts faded over time, and the Bracelet aided that.

@Thought Manifest I have fixed the grammatical mistakes, but I believe I have used only the plural 'Edhil'. Like the 'Edhil' who ran the vessel or 'Edhil lands'. I don't see where I should have used the singular form.

The Stoneroot are a clan, so I made that clearer in the Name category to reflect that.

Dolf's personality has shifted over the past two decades so I tried to show that. He still hates the Fatanen for what they did, but he is not as zealous anymore about it. 20 years is still a long time to be filled with fury, even if one lives five times as much as normal.

Fixed his history to detail that he heard rumors about the Bracelet of Lim. His travels to Aliudea were to find a way to beat the Fatanen, but nothing to do with the Bracelet. Dolf has been in Edhil lands for 20 years, so he did alot of stuff before the Lim bracelet is discovered.

Um... I think that about covers it.

@Sarcor, with the Edhil/Edhel thing, I apologize. I read it to mean you were referring to the Captain of the vessel alone, and not the entire crew. My bad! ^_^;;

GDI... I also read Stoneroot as Stonefoot. I apologize for that, too.

One more question... "Dolf volunteered to join the company that will set off to claim the Bracelet for victory of the Fatanen." Did you mean he volunteered to be a part of the company that would steal the victory from the Fatanen, or did you decide mid-way to change his alliance?

@Thought Manifest Haha, I keep messing up!!!! Everything is fixed, hopefully. It IS Stonefoot and it's supposed to be 'against the Fatanen' not 'of the Fatanen'. Gosh, I haven't written anything in so long, I need to stretch these muscles a little bit.

@Sarcor, Dolf has been accepted!

If anyone knows how to make it so that there isn't that huge, gaping space above the character tables, please tell me. I've been trying to fix it for days, and nothing I do works. .-.