• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
@Thought Manifest True there, I can see your point, reading through my own posts sometimes. Really, I can come off as a little abrasive sometimes, but I'm thankfully neither cold, nor really all that jaded. Just gotta let that show a bit more, eh?

Also, hurrah for plurals for made-up species. It's not like Magic: The Gathering where it's all (Compound Adjective + Noun). Case in point:
82.jpg

Racism is a really strange concept, but there it is - you'll have to take my word for it, but I've met truly, strongly racist people on a few occasions. They tend to be very irrational and hatred-filled sorts, and often the reasons are completely unfounded, even if they stem from some skewed form of patriotism. Really, if you've seen disgust - it's that, I can't wrap my head around it because I don't -feel- any of the hatred they do, but I would bet an afternoon's coffee that they wouldn't find anyone from the race they're opinionated about attractive, or ever deign to have romantic relations of equal standing or otherwise with any of them.

'Sides, I think we've established that the royal line of Eriston are all practically monstrous in their hatred of the other races, or completely sociopathic in their quest for these all-powerful godly artifacts. Maybe both.

It's a touchy subject, but really, I don't buy Vahnulitz being the king's bae, willing or otherwise. And without any kind of lingering passive or active aggression, I will fully respect it if you want that to remain a point of the character's history, and I'll go along with it if that's what we stop at, but I'm just saying that I'd like to see that changed, because it'd be a massive plot-hole that'd be awkward to work around in the future.
She is definitely not a "bae" like Zora. I did not describe the relationship well because it was a work in progress, but its more of a power control thing on his part and complete mindlessness on hers. I edited her profile to reflect that. There are enough examples in history that I can confidently say the idea of this is plausible, minus the zombie-vahn part of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Beckett Now that makes much more sense, the way it was written in her history definitely painted her relationship with the High King as romantic and consensual, rather than her being a tool.

At least, that's what I got from reading it. I definitely approve of him being a dick and giving us even less reasons to hesitate in killin' 'im ded.

Pretty much I was writing down thoughts and trying to formulate the relationship (meaning interaction, not consensual partnership) as I went, in between doing many other things. Its my fault I didn't update her profile as quickly as I was progressing her in my mind.

This is why I generally don't read CS's until they're done. Incomplete CS's are filled with incomplete ideas and notes that serve as placeholders for things that may or may not change over time. If they don't change by completion, that's the best time to address it because it's no longer "in the works."

I'm considering changing Nieri's class to Cemgollor. We don't have any yet, and I actually really like the class. It could technically fit my character with some very minor tweaking.

Reactions: Rainjay
I know I need to flesh out Vahn a bit more, but sometimes the character comes to mind more as I am writing it, rather than outlining it. That's why I try and keep my CS simple.

I think adding a cemgollor would be fantastic.

Oh my word, I've missed a fair bit. Whoops, I didn't realise it had stopped alerting me until just now. Lots of discussion!

So happy to see some more characters, and especially a Nogoth! I'm thinking I might bring in a Fatanen Scout for the Fatanen party, since they seem largely comprised of people who might not necessarily be capable of surviving in the wilds or telling east from west. (I'm sure they're all more capable than that, but none of them have that survival skill flagged as the thing that everyone would know and be aware of about them.) Also, we're lacking in an actual full Fatan for that party, go figure... @Thought Manifest does this sound like a good idea? And if it does, could I incorporate this character to be added to the party once they reach a port city or well, after they've travelled a bit, so s/he would actually know the area and be from there, and maybe they could hire her/him there rather than having everyone starting out from the same place, since the Fatanen party would probably feel they've got more time and money to spare into getting this just right so long as they don't dawdle too much?

@EVERYONE I mentioned way earlier that I'd be making sure to check in with folks before having Truffle know certain things about your characters. Now, this mainly applies, for the first instalment, to those in the Edhil Resistance, but eventually might be brought to bear on the Fatanen party as well(in this case it could be divination ahead of time, as well as if the two parties ever meet up). But, could you lovely folks let me know a few points about your characters that 1) (of paramount importance) you would like Truffle NOT to learn and 2) that you would like, or would not mind, if Truffle were to learn it by themself?

I won't have everything happen all at once, first glance, ohemgee I know shit guys! But it's nice to have a list right from the beginning so that if I see an opportunity, I can know right away if it's a no go or if I could bring it in or if further discussion might be necessary. The main point is what shouldn't be available for Truffle's knowledge, keeping in mind that some things might be difficult for them not to know(though I will still make every attempt to accommodate your desires), but a short list would not go amiss, if you do not mind. And there's no real rush either, since I can always ask beforehand, too. ;) I'm trying to be organised! It's hard. :( :P

Last edited:
Reactions: Rainjay
@Beckett, that's fine to keep things simple. I have Zora waaaaay more fleshed out in the CS than Nieri, for instance. I'm not overly concerned as long as all of the necessary information is there.

@Nemaisare,
I think that you have to actually click into the alerts you get or else it won't alert you to anything after the initial one. It can be a little confusing, especially since the full posts are displayed in email (if you're getting email notifications), so you might read the email and forget to click the link to the actual thread to let the alert system know to keep going.

Your Fatan character sounds like a great idea. They'll definitely need someone who can guide them around, and I'm completely fine with their finding them in their travels. I always saw them taking the land-route so that they could stop off at Stegros Memtorm as a safe place to rest (since the High King owns that now) before they enter the superduper dragon danger, so maybe the town will be somewhere near either the Vonga/Eriston border or somewhere between the border and the capital city. It could end up being sort of like how the hobbits picked up Strider in Bree or something. >.>;;

Nieri will be an open book with Truffle because of their time imprisoned in cells next to each other. However, everything dealing with Zora's Varnegwaith ancestry, her mixed race, and her not really being an ally to the Fatanen is absolutely stuff that Truffle can find out that she would absolutely not want them to discover. =D

@EVERYONE I mentioned way earlier that I'd be making sure to check in with folks before having Truffle know certain things about your characters. Now, this mainly applies, for the first instalment, to those in the Edhil Resistance, but eventually might be brought to bear on the Fatanen party as well(in this case it could be divination ahead of time, as well as if the two parties ever meet up). But, could you lovely folks let me know a few points about your characters that 1) (of paramount importance) you would like Truffle NOT to learn and 2) that you would like, or would not mind, if Truffle were to learn it by themself?

I won't have everything happen all at once, first glance, ohemgee I know shit guys! But it's nice to have a list right from the beginning so that if I see an opportunity, I can know right away if it's a no go or if I could bring it in or if further discussion might be necessary. The main point is what shouldn't be available for Truffle's knowledge, keeping in mind that some things might be difficult for them not to know(though I will still make every attempt to accommodate your desires), but a short list would not go amiss, if you do not mind. And there's no real rush either, since I can always ask beforehand, too. ;) I'm trying to be organised! It's hard. :( :P
I presume Truffle knows quite a bit about Shale, although if they haven't really seen each other since their meeting as youths, I'd guess Truffle knows nothing past that point in time. Wouldn't know that she is partnered, had a child, etc.

I was thinking about bringing another character in myself but am not yet sure. Might take awhile to think on it.

@Thought Manifest
Ohhhhhh, that makes sense. Yeah, I turned off the email notifications because I was getting a few and they're going to an email that I get excited if it says there's 1 new thing in the inbox, so it kept throwing me off. lol That clears things up though, I'll make sure to remember that the alerts are not infallible. Kind of a silly assumption to make in the first place, but ah well, I can be silly sometimes. You live and you learn, eh? :P

Awesome! I'll get them set up near that town then, figure things out. I had it in mind that it would either be because the group realised they were lacking in a proper guide and seek to rectify that situation with a guide who'd actually be somewhat useful where they're going, or they already had the meeting planned and my character knows they're coming. Doesn't matter to me, so if you've got a preference for one over the other, let me know. ;)

And sounds good regarding Nieri and Zora, I shall have fun later on with that lady. ;) When we get closer to the central conflict between the two groups clashing, I'll start talking with you about how you might want that information used or discovered or blurted out in surprise. :P And I cannot wait until we get to that realisation between Nieri and Truffle. Fun times ahead!

@Rainjay
Definitely stuff about Shale's history before and during their time together with Rotherynmor would be somethng they'd know. I imagine they might have come across each other once or twice during Shale's earlier bouts of travelling simply due to her being happy to show off her spoils and Truffle being semi interested in looking them up when they know their in the same city, but I'm sure it would have dwindled off before Shale started their own family simply due to Uialien being so long-lived and used to the thought that they don't need to rush to meet up as soon as they have the chance.

Due to Truffle being able to read minds and having a very strong intuition and occasionally, somewhat prophetic dreams, the newer parts of Shale's life that they may not have personally told or introduced Truffle to could be learned without Truffle having actually been around for those parts of Shale's life. I'm just wondering if any of those parts are something you would like me to consider off-limits in terms of Truffle plucking knowledge from Shale's head, with or without their consent. Truffle doesn't generally ask, as it was never an invasive thing in their mind. Shale, I'm sure, would be aware of this, and so, might be used to it and prepared for any reaction on Truffle's part as they learn about Shale's life(I also imagine they might be a little easier for Truffle to read surface thoughts from), but I want to make sure that I'm not stepping on your writerly toes by bringing something up ICly that you didn't want brought up.

EDIT: @Thought Manifest again... where did you find your pictures? I'm looking for appearance inspiration.

Last edited:
Truffle may read Hue like an open book, and is welcome to any of his history in terms of personal knowledge or divination.
Edit: I suppose that bit about him working for vahn shouldn't be known, or if known not brought up without checking with me first.

Vahnulitz is a different subject. Truffle can know her history and current situation politically, and even know she created the mace. Truffle may know that something is very wrong with Vahn, that she is not whole. But please don't let Truffle automatically know Why Vahn isn't whole. That is something I want revealed in story later. Perhaps it will be Truffle that reveals it, but its something you and I should work on together.

@Sarcor It helped! :D That's good enough for me, you're always welcome to ask us if you meet anymore issues. I think there's a coder amongst us somewhere (not me) ...

@Firewombat It happens, I know. Don't worry about it. It's just the way you went about typing it that's all. :) I know you did not mean it.

@thoughtsmanifest I read of a Cemgollor character somewhere but I think that is still missing a background. Nonetheless, sure! If you take the poisons part into account, Cemgollors are savants when it comes to nature and since nature has so many poisons it can definitely be a thing to switch.

@Nemaisare Sounds good! Sent you what you needed. :3

Been rather busy with life and sickness. Could not really post these past two days. But I read all the OOC to catch up already! I even went collect wild honey today!!

@Rainjay, you can have up to two characters (one for each side), so if you want another character go for it. Just don't feel like you have to if you don't really want to. It's perfectly fine to just have one character.

@Nemaisare, I think they'll go seek your Fatan character on purpose.

Sorry if I missed your asking about the pictures previously. All of the pictures that are digital art and not photography (the race images and the picture of Nieri with her bow and arrow) link back to their respective locations on DeviantArt. The photograph representing Nieri is actress Bingbing Li from her role as Ni Chang in Forbidden Kingdom. If I end up changing her to a Cemgollor, I'll likely remove the DeviantArt picture and replace it with another screencap from the movie. The photographs representing Zora are actress Cynthia Addai-Robinson from her role as Naevia in Spartacus (second season and beyond).

@71372, Ama is a Cemgollor, but until the character is complete, we don't have a cemgollor. If/when Trivia does complete Ama, that Cemgollor is starting out in the Fatan party, so we still won't have one on the Edhil party side of things, so it doesn't hurt anything to swap Nieri's class, regardless.

@Thought Manifest
Bah, I have no brain today. Is the seeking them out apurpose because they haven't one? Or because they're expecting to meet with someone? Sorry, really, my head is wandering off on its own somewheres. >.>
And whoops, nope, that again was in annoyance at myself for forgetting to ask the first time I posted that particular reply. You didn't miss anything. In fact, you are quite good about catching all the details in everyone's posts. :) And thanks for the answer. I've been using an avatar site, which unfortunately has a large selection of very small images. *lesigh*

@Nemaisare, it's totally fine to be confused. I wasn't very clear. The original Fatan party will go to your character in whatever town they're in because they'll have skills the rest of the party needs to complete the mission. It's up to you whether it's a surprise for your character or if the character received word ahead of time that some peeps would be sent your character's way by the High King.

I like to use icon sites to find face claims, but once I find them I use Google to find larger images (or I screen cap them myself if I can) which I then crop and resize in my photo editing software. =D

Things I am learning from google: practically dressed rangers and scouts should not be trusted, those without animal friends are probably not good at their jobs, tree climbing is a necessity, as is posing, human means everything non-human.

@Auralnaut (I don't know how this tagging thing works, bear with me)

TM and I have come up with some ideas regarding how our characters interact. I haven't really thought of anything to do with Vahn and Locke yet. Do you have any ideas?

Bah! I'm a silly person who cannot make decisions. But I'm blaming you lot for the fact that it matters so much to me to get it right. So! Vote if you care, ignore if you don't. The main base of this character is going to be sharp and wry, with a good amount of cynicism thrown in. Good at what they do, but they definitely chose the lifestyle for a reason. Depending on the picture, they'll be more or less friendly and open, but with them, what you get is what they are, no secrets or bending the truth or anything. I'm also thinking older, but since we have a pretty good selection of older characters in the Fatanen party, I'd be okay with going younger too. Though I don't think any of the faces look younger than 30 anyway...

Thoughts? Sorry to be a bother...
Shadowdance_by_Tsabo6.jpg
l5d2aort.jpg
archer_by_i_guyjin_i-d6x7x80.jpg
772cc399865498f26830007ac7e392ba.jpg

Bah! I'm a silly person who cannot make decisions. But I'm blaming you lot for the fact that it matters so much to me to get it right. So! Vote if you care, ignore if you don't. The main base of this character is going to be sharp and wry, with a good amount of cynicism thrown in. Good at what they do, but they definitely chose the lifestyle for a reason. Depending on the picture, they'll be more or less friendly and open, but with them, what you get is what they are, no secrets or bending the truth or anything. I'm also thinking older, but since we have a pretty good selection of older characters in the Fatanen party, I'd be okay with going younger too. Though I don't think any of the faces look younger than 30 anyway...

Thoughts? Sorry to be a bother...
Shadowdance_by_Tsabo6.jpg
l5d2aort.jpg
archer_by_i_guyjin_i-d6x7x80.jpg
772cc399865498f26830007ac7e392ba.jpg
I'd vote on the first and third one, if you want a male and female choice, although my full vote would go to the first one.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemaisare