Whoot!! And that was the push I needed. Sorry for taking so long. I tend to be really slow for character sheets and then slow for posting too. I'm pretty sure I can keep that 1 post a week going though.

In any case, Ama is finally finished! And the drawing is very inspired by Brian Froud, who did the creatures for The Dark Crystal, so spot on, yay. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rainjay, you're fine! Take your time, and remember that the game is going to be slow-running anyway due to the facts that a) there are a lot of players, and b) many of us also have busy schedules.

@Trivia, yeah. I needed a posting speed that was long enough to accommodate those of us with busy real lives but quick enough to not make everyone lose interest.

Anyway, Ama is a beautiful character, and I felt both delighted with her and infinitely saddened as well. I just want to hug her leg. Also, you could add that her walking stick and/or the chain permanently affixed to her head into the gear section just so there's an easy reference. I don't want to forget about those. They seem important. She's accepted regardless, and Zora is in for some major disappointment when she finds out about her new "gift."

• Thank You
Reactions: Trivia
@Thought Manifest Once a week sounds about perfect for that. :)

And yay! Her personality was a bit difficult to pin down, so I'm glad everything worked. Thank you! And added those bits to her gear, though why it decided there needed to be two tabs now is beyond me... I'm just going to hope it fixes itself.

Whelp, that's a reply, hopefully it makes sense. Heh, my head is a little tilty.

@Trivia, the code unfortunately won't fix itself, but I figured out what caused the "Armor, Gear, & Weapons" section to duplicate, so you can fix it if/when you're ready and able. Go to Ama's sheet, select the "edit" function, and select the little square in the upper right corner that, when hovering over it, reads "Use BB Code Editor." It should be to the left of the button that looks like four arrows pointing outward.

For this next part, you can either hunt for it with your eyes or use "CTRL+F" to find the "Armor, Gear, & Weapons" section. Immediately after the sentence part that reads "...she could find a large enough branch." You'll see a [ / size]. Delete that bracketed code. Then, just before "A 'D' ring pierces the roof of her mouth..." you'll see a [ size = 4 ]. Delete that specific bracket of code, too, without touching the [ * ]. Then save. You should be back to just one tab for the section.

If that doesn't work or if my explanation was confusing, I'll try and take screen shots of what to do in the hopes that it'll be clearer than I am.

I found it by selecting the "reply" option on your post then selecting the "Use BB Code Editor" function. I then proceeded to use the preview function to make sure I was actually fixing it and not making it worse, so it should definitely work for you if it did for me. That's actually the same method I used for learning how to do tabs in the first place. >.>;;

@Nemaisare, your post was perfect, and Truffle is perfect. I just want to snuggle them to pieces. One question. By their question about it being warmer, were they referring to the place where they were all seated? I just want to be sure.

• Thank You
@Thought Manifest Code should fix itself... suppose that would put some people out of their jobs though... Thank you for helping! It had done the same thing for the personality when I threw it in and then later fiddling somehow managed to get it back to normal, but I had no idea what I'd done. Nor was I aware there was an actual code editor. You are my saviour :)

And also, while Nem is sure to be on relatively soon, I figure I can answer that for her, since I asked the same question :) and you are correct.

Reactions: Thought Manifest
Haha! Yes indeed, code should fix itself, and yep, they meant why are you all over there as opposed to somewhere else in this big room.

I waffled on whether or not to explain that, but shall go make it clearer since two folks have asked about it. :P I'm totally blaming my lack of brain yesterday, yepyyepyepyepyep Glad the rest of it worked out well. :) Truffle is happy to get all of the hugs.

@Auralnaut

Would you like Alastair to have some previous connection with the scout I'm making for the Fatanen Party? I'm a little fuzzy on his age, but I believe it is possible that Cord(my scout fellow) was either hired by Alastair during the quelling of the resistance(although I'm also a little fuzzy on what that resistance was, unless it was merely a Fatanen uprising, then I got it down! :P) or was a scout under a lord who was under Alastair's command in Aliudea before his wife died. He'd have been young, or seeming like a greenhorn, in either case, but good enough at his job to be worth noting, if nothing else. I don't have great and awesome details yet, because I need to sleep, but I thought I'd put the question to you.

Edit: It's also possible Cord himself is not known to Alastair, but Alastair knows the Lord of the region where Cord's folks live and when Alastair asks for a guide, the Lord vouches for him, and Alastair could have some previous experience with Cord's dialect through the other men of said Lord during the second Aliudea campaign.

Last edited:
@Thought Manifest Would you mind much if I took over the king for about a paragraph's worth of post? Just to lead Zora to the room where he hid Ama. No dramatic reveals beyond hers, promise ;)

EDIT: Okay, one line worth. Since I decided Ama didn't need to see him introducing her as a gift and you'd know better how he might do that :) Is that all right?

@Trivia, I was really worried when I first came on this site because I didn't realize that there was a BB Code mode, and I was worried I'd have to do everything by clicking those stupid buttons. It would have slowed me waaaaay down, so I was super glad when I found the little button that lets me swap modes.

You can actually write whatever you want for it. He's an NPC which, for the purposes of this RP, means that all players can control him for their purposes. I don't have anything other than his position and personality type laid out, so you and/or any others can also decide what he looks like and any actions you think would be feasible. I can work with whichever way you'd prefer to go. =)

@Nemaisare, good to know. Just wanted to be sure. =D

@Nemaisare Absolutely! Reading through your post, I realized that the portion of my character's history didn't line up with what Thought Manifest stated later in the chat (eg. the war between the Fatan and Edhil was pretty much limited to sea and shore battles along with asymmetric warfare) so I reconstructed that bit. Alastiar and his soldiers were heavily involved with these fights, but I added an Edhil-backed uprising in eastern Eriston composed mainly of freed slaves and minorities which Alastair's troops were responsible for putting down.

I'd imagine that, since your character is a scout, he would be much more useful in the latter portion rather than the sea battles. I picture the fighting in the revolt similar to the American Revolutionary War, where the British (Fatan) are picked away with lightning fast attacks by the colonists (rebels). The rebels, mostly composed of locals, would know the terrain of eastern Eriston quite well, which is where your scout would come into play. He would have been tasked with tracking down these guerrillas and leading the Fatan military to them. Bonus points if your scout is from the area as well, which would allow him to be a greenhorn while at the same time being familiar with the area!

I think they'd probably be better off knowing each other prior to the events of the RP. Perhaps, after several months of getting their butts handed to them, Alastair meets your character and recruits/hires him to track the rebels to their bases? Really, I'm up for whatever you have planned for your character!

Reactions: Thought Manifest
@Thought Manifest I had a feeling you'd be just fine with it, but felt the need to ask anyway. Some folkses get snippy about NPCs, myself included somedays :P just ask Nem (but it was a very developed NPC, and they played him wrong ;) ). Yay! Post is up. Kept it to the one line, because I liked the dramatic flare ;)

@Auralnaut
Yeah, definitely more useful on land than at sea. He'd have no familiarity there. lol Hmmm, if Eastern-ish Eriston could comprise a bit of the landbridge between Eriston and Stegros Memtorm, that'd be ground he's potentially familiar with. Not exactly east though >.>

He'll have travelled a bit by that time though, always with his family, but exploring enough to know different areas if they're close by the landbridge Ooh! Ooh! What if, say, we still go with a Lord vouching for him, but when he's that young. So, like say, while Alastair's getting his butt whooped, Cord is on the boats trying to be useful and mostly failing miserably, and then maybe the Lord sends Cord back on a missive ship with letters and a note saying please use this boy on land, he's signed up for the fight all heart but navy isn't in him. So, they'd keep him around to look after horses, or something, then at one point while they're discussing problems he pops in and mentions that he can help with their locating people difficulties. And being young, they might question it, but it's worth a shot, right?

Reactions: Auralnaut
Everyone, on my next day off... whenever that will be (but I should find out today!)... I'm going to start working on incorporating a lot of the information we've discussed in the OoC into the first post. @Nemaisare was awesome and nice enough to hunt it all down for me, so it's all collected in a couple of easily accessed PM's. I say "start" and not just "do" because there's a surprisingly large amount of information that we discussed that I was too strapped for time or energy or drive to immediately place into the OoC's first post, soooo... boo on me, but i'll get it in there!

I want to make a "History of Verdan" section with a more detailed account of what has happened through the timeline. I was also considering making a more detailed NPC list where basic appearances and personality traits are described for each NPC.

If anyone has suggestions for names for the former High King who wiped out the Uialien and the former High Queen who mostly wiped out the Nogyth, let me know. I've been stumped on those for quite some time, but I think naming them will make both the basic timeline and the more detailed history a little easier to follow and remember if they're named. They don't have to be any specific real-world nationality, but I would appreciate it if they weren't just common names found in our world. One way to side-step that would be to combine two names to make a completely new name or to just decide on a name that sounds significantly fantasy-esque enough in much the way that Alastair is a real-world name, but it's super fantastically fantasy-like, for instance.

@Trivia, well, as long as people play Dwennon as a fair ruler to the Fatanen (albeit a manipulative one), and as a racist to any other race, I think you're doing it right. He's not really a good dude though he's good at seeming like an okay one to anyone who shares his racist ideals or to anyone (like Alastair) that he can manipulate into believing an ideal he might have. I don't see him going around kicking puppies, but he's not a good dude to sentient humanoids who aren't 100% Fatan.

EDIT: haven't read your post yet, but I will!

@Nemaisare, before I forget for the fiftieth time (I seem to only remember when I don't have access to a computer), I was wondering if I could trouble you to place, somewhere at the beginning of your post, the party/allegiance perspective that you're writing from? I know it's only one character, but because of the size of the game, having that at the top can kind of help players know right away which side of the game they're reading. Thanks in advance!

Oh, geez! Yes! I knew there was something I was forgetting. ha! I'll go stick that in.

As for names.... Hmmmmm Cialdan(chi-ahl-dan)? Hirren? Oswin? Torrold? Tom? :P

Ummm Megrite(meg-reet)? Inga? Ophelia?

I'm pretty sure those are all actually names. Possibly misspelled.... >.>

@Nemaisare, I'm definitely going for Torrold for High-King-Genocide. Maybe keep looking for lady names. Inga makes me think of Once Upon a Time, and Ophelia makes me think of Shakespeare, and while the High Queen did sort of create her own death, it wasn't purposeful suicide, sooo... I'm just not feeling Megrite, and I dunno why, but Torrold is perfect.

Whoot! One name down! lol I rather liked Torrold too. *skips off* I feel accomplished. ;)

Seren? Sareene? Bryony? Renna?