That sucks. I always write offsite for this very reason, its happened too many times.
Meee too!

Type it up in Word the c&p.

The nice thing is, most formatting will transfer over such as bold, underline, etc.

Reactions: Beckett
@Trivia, I guess a "pool" of life energy is as good a way to describe it as any. My original thought was that everyone has life energy, but some people have an easier time tapping into it than others. However, with the addition of your description, I realized that it may very well be that some people have more and some have less. I also like the idea that they can "grow" their pool by using it more. When I was in high school, I was in competitive theatre with a girl who had been singing and acting for most of her life, and her ribcage actually kind of spread out to accommodate the enhanced lung capacity she'd ended up giving herself. I kind of see it that way except there wouldn't be a physical change so much as a change within their chi pathways or something. Also, I really like the idea that there are autistic savants who mostly don't understand social behaviors and social norms but have this huge pool of life energy that they can easily tap into. I think that would be awesome.

I imagine spells need a balance. If you have easy access to a source but don't understand the spell well enough, then obviously the spell isn't going to work very well, and the same goes vice versa. One needs to understand both the accessing of the energy source and the spell and how they work together to be able to properly execute said spell. Practice makes perfect!

I think mushrooms are a fantastic example of how some people love something and some people don't. As a child, I hated mushrooms. I'd only ever had those gross, slimy ones from the cans. Then my brother picked some morels with his friends and had me try them. They were delicious, and I've since realized that fresh mushrooms are a gift to this world, and I will eat those freaking round, white ones right out of the package (after a quick rinse) because yum. Also, portabella burgers are delicious. But I know a huuuuge amount of people who loathe mushrooms. Most of it is a texture thing, and I totally get it because I'm pretty texture sensitive, myself. So yeah. Much like mushrooms, some people prefer the feel of some magical energy sources over the other(s), and that's totally okay!

Yes! I think that a "haunting of magic" is a good description of how people might interpret the "residue" left behind by the casting of a spell.

And yes! It's just like police needing a fingerprint database. There has to be a familiarity with the magical imprint left by individuals to know for sure that it was said individual. One can't really form a database on a feeling, though, so I imagine it takes years and years of lengthy, difficult study to get really good at identifying unique attributes in magic. I bet there are people who specialize in that sort of thing in every race, though.

@WarriorHeart, I didn't realize that you might mean you wanted to know how to emphasize a word within the thought, so I'm really glad @Beckett covered that. XD

@Firewombat, I am so sorry that happened to you. Over the years, much like @Beckett, I have probably lost a huge amount of written work due to websites tossing them into the Fog of Lost Posts. I almost never risk that happening now. I hate losing posts, so I either write them up in Word (for the spell checker) or in Notepad. Like @WarriorHeart said, things like bolds and italics cross over into the Rich Text Editor when you post, but I personally like to just manually insert the BBCode and post it in the BBCode editor so that the Rich Text doesn't try and also change my font and font sizes from the forum default. You can go either way you want.

EDIT
Okay, so I want to let you all know that the next two weeks are going to be rough in terms of my being around. Tomorrow is my last day off until the 29th, but from the 29th through the 31st, I'm going to my city's biannual Comic Con (Salt Lake Comic Con FanExperience 2015! Wooot!), so I'm not going to be home except to get into cosplay and sleep probably. hahah >.>;;

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up. After that, I won't have another huge commitment until September's con, so my two days off a week should suffice for whatever I need to do here. =D

@WarriorHeart, you'll have to wait until I get back to see my three upcoming cosplays, but if you want to see my past cosplays, you can peruse my tag on Tumblr: Kathryn's Somewhat Embarrassing Cosplay Tag.

I'll post my new Elsa, Emma Swan, and Felicity Smoak cosplays after FanX! Hopefully I'll get better pictures this time around. We'll see.

EDIT
I PMed Auralnaut, Rambunctious, Sarcor, and Torack to see where they're at with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Of the three people who have left to post, only Sarcor has gotten back to me. I will assume that anyone who hasn't posted by February 1st is no longer interested in the game, and their characters will be removed. They will be free to reapply once, but we'll be moving on without them, and they'll need to find a new way to enter their characters into the story.

Reactions: WarriorHeart
-idly stalks the room wondering if it's February yet- Xp

Lol, sadly not.

Just a reminder to @Sarcor @Auralnaut @Torack and @Firewombat that you have only have about five days to get your posts completed. It's been almost a month since I made the first post, and the posting expectations will go back to once a week once comic con is over and I have more time on my hands.

It looks good to me, Firewombat. Yepyepyep :) Methinks I like Ajani, yissyiss.

I did not take into account the exhaustion that comes along after comic con is all over. Sorry about not getting a post up the last couple of days. I will get on that at some point this week.

@Firewombat, thanks so much for adding to the post. I'm sorry it's not what you'd hoped it would be, but hopefully more satisfying inspiration will come.

I'm happy with it, certainly. I had to take a while to get it done, though. After that first short story of hers it's difficult to change the flow into the present, where I don't have all the information and can't do as I please with the characters in a scene. I managed, though!

Reactions: Beckett
Heyo, how's things going for everyone?

Folks I'm conversating with, I'll get back to you soon, I'm just being incredibly lazy on the Cord front.

Me, I still give it a once-over every other day, since it is a slow-going thing, though I wouldn't be surprised if people might be thinking of jumping ship, or have simply lost interest. I think we've all seen it happen.

But this is my pace :) I can deal with this. Though, I'll admit to routinely checking in and the occasional bout of impatience to see what comes next. Nem's post was rather cruel in making it alert me :P Glad to see folks haven't forgotten.

Good to know people are still interested... I rather enjoy Adalwolfe and would like to develop him more.