⌠2nd Xplorer⌡

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hit! Aivery's under is rip in two by the insect sting, his legs completely exposed to everyone (but not his wee wee).

The town of Antril was a sketchy, ruinous place, but at the very least it was full of people who want cheap entertainment. It was a nice, pleasant day out when Lento finally woke up, rolling off the hard bed of the inn. Rubbing his bleary eyes and briefly debating on whether to sleep in or not, the pale-haired vagrant eventually decided that his stomach needed some food before he could go make some money once more. He looked through the open windows of the inn, sniffing the air for anything particularly appetizing.

Instead of sizzling meats and cooked veggies, Lento was struck by the smell of blood and a blast of wind, as an annoying bird-midget down below was being assaulted bugs. His friends, if they were such, were occupied as well, fighting off a bunch of other insects, while the merchants and civilians nearby just…watched. Guess it served as entertainment of sorts.

Well, insects were high in protein and were nice and crunchy, so he might as well go hunting here.

Nocking a wooden arrow from the safety of the inn, Aiv focused on one of the two insects, smirked when the midget had his underwear ripped up by the mandibles of those perverted bugs, and then released the arrow.

"Ho there, friend! Have some help!"

An insect jump and...

... is skewered! The corpse flies some meters before being cut in two by the big sword of the man.

"Ah, he didn't finished it yet." Says the girl, impaling other insect and closing the sewer lid.

Aivery spent some time trying to cover as much of his legs as he could. "Jeez, why do things like this happen? I only have a few other robes!"

Suddenly one of his attackers got hit with an arrow. He looked around but didn't see anyone, maybe they were hiding?

"Ah, thanks for the help mister, wherever you are!" He said as he waved towards no place in particular. He turned back to the other insect and shot another gust of wind at it.

A new jumpy, and...

... is destroyed completely! Green blood splatters all around, drenching some merchandising forever. Ther merchants, however, slowly comes from their hiding spots, looking the mess with their "the usual" looks in their faces.

"Ho ho, he is useful, then! What do you think, Ron?"

"And this arrow..." The man looks around looking for Lento.

The girl comes near Aivery, taping his back. "I'm Rina, he's Ron. We are independent adventurers looking for a certain ruin, are you interested?"

(12 exp for all, Aivery heal himself 1 Class Die.)

Lento whistled, impressed by his own archery skills as the wooden shaft flew true, smashing through the insect's carapace and sending it flying. Sometimes, he was so amazing that he even impressed himself. Hopping onto the windowsill, he lowered himself, one hand still grabbing onto the windowsill, before letting go. The young man dropped onto a bale of hay, brushed off a few stray straws from his pants, before approaching the trio.

Waving in a friendly manner towards the father-daughter-son trio, Lento said, raising up one hand, "That's my arrow, thank you very much. Though it would have been nice if you didn't reduce all those insects into goo. Probably could have made something worth eating out of them and all."

Aivery's face was red they approached him, he was still in his tarnished clothes after all. They were saying something to him, something about joining them. Aivery wasn't paying much attention though, he was trying to finish the conversation quick so he could change. The man who seemed to have shot the arrow approached as well, just what he needed.

"Yah sure, anything you want! Just let me change really quick!"

Aivery ran through the couple and by the man pulling down on this robes as much as he could. He was going to have to thank him later for the help, but for now he needed to change!

A tavern was right after the right corner, "Dropped Crow". Aivery could ask for a room or even the bathroom if he wanted to change.

Ron approaches Lento. "Those things are disgusting, that's why they come from the sewers." He pointed. "Some kids tried to take them as their first quest but got beaten up fast; it happened two weeks ago."

"There was that girl that scream'd "eggs, eggs everywhere!" and they thought she was infested with them but found out the sewers that where infested. Well, neither beginners nor veterans, like us, want to go in there." Said Rina, cleaning her dress with a flannel she got from a pocket.

"Ho", Lento said, scratching his head, "So much for the mighty mercenary council or whatnot. They never got around cleaning up the sewers?"

He took the arrow from the larger swordsman, wiped the goo off the shaft with the edge of his cloak, before saying, rather cheekily, "I guess you, missy, are the beginner, and your dad's the veteran?"

Making his way to the Dropped Crow, Aivery payed the innkeeper a small fee to use the bathroom to change. He spent a little bit of time pondering what he got himself into. They seemed to be the fighting sort of people, so maybe they were going to kill something, or maybe even someone? He shook his head.

"Wondering about it isn't going to help. I already agreed to it, like it or not. And a proud follower of Miyudane never goes back on their word." He said with a puffed out chest. With that, he began to change. He also reminded himself to grab the piece of robe he left on the ground, he could always try to sew it back together.

"My dad?" Rina looks around, confused. "That old fart died five years ago to a Blitzshriek!" "The offspring of Troll x Banshee?" "Exactly!" "... that's awful."

...well, looked like he just accidentally stumbled upon something that he shouldn't have. Ah well, it didn't look like that flat-chested shrimp was someone particularly sensitive to death anyways. Pointing a finger at the muscular swordsman, Lento asked, "So that's your...godfather? Foster father? Or what?"

"I'm her companion for some time. Nothing more, nothing less." Finished Ron. His sword looked light from the way he handled it, adjusting it to his back and crossing his arms while looking to the merchants. It was really strange: they didn't fled, only hid themselves on the street while the fight progressed.

"Then that means you will join us? The more, the meatier!" Exclamed Rina, adjusting her big sword on her back exactly like Ron.

"Right...so basically, you're her surrogate older brother. Nice to meet you then," Lento said, extending a hand outwards to shake. "I'm Lento No-Last-Name, a travelling singer of sorts. While I'm not opposed to joining the party of a lady as cute as yourself, what exactly are you planning on doing?"

"Ah, how great it feels to have my legs covered once again!" The halfling exclaimed. Since he had the time, he also took the liberty of grooming his feathers. Finally finished changing, Aivery thanked the innkeeper and began to make his way back to the group.

Seeing the trio, he waved his arms as he made his way over. "Hey, did I miss anything?"

"We are looking for some people to help us with a ruin exploration. It was... that one in the south?" Asked Rina to Ron.

"Yeah, Minas Cando. I heard an army of goblins was going north to "have a talk" with a certain dragon, whose powers could or could not include acid. If you have more brain than you look, you'll understand what I'm talking about." Aivery got back right during the explanation.

"Also, those monsters here are so common that even the commonfolk is used to them!" Rina tapped Aivery's back. "And we can do more suspicious things in our journey!"

"Oh, bird-boy's back. Sup, kiddo."

After that offhanded comment of his, Lento listened back onto the conversation. Honestly, he did not have any idea what an army of goblins and a dragon would do together, other than the dragon eating them for invading its privacy...but hey, different lands had different dragons. Perhaps the one nearby Antril was of a more aggressive kind. And there definitely must be lots of reward money involved if they're going to stop a dragon-goblin invasion!

"Well then," Lento said, "I'm in. And I guess...you two are lovers then? Or is this more of a master-slave relationship?"

Young love was rather cute, after all.

"Why do you care so much about Rina's relationships?" Ron was getting a little frustrated.

"My boyfriend...?" The little girl tilted her head and pondered for some time, then hugged Aivery and kissed him in the forehead. "Only friends!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ah, you were the one shot the arrow, yes? Thank you for that!"

Coming back just in time for the explanation, he gave a nod in understanding. While he was a little worried about fighting more things, this was the perfect way for him to continue his map. Goblins were worrisome, but seemed like nothing compared to the dragon. Heck, maybe completing a journey like this would increase his standing among his peers!

Aivery looked at Rina with a confused look. "What do you mean by more suspicious things? Those drawings were anything but suspicious!" Hearing Lento's remark, he turned to him as well. "No, we aren't like that! We just met-" His sentence was cut short as the girl hugged and kissed him on the forehead.

He broke the hug and took a few steps back with a face as red as a tomato. "W-why did you do that for? That's indecent!" He said covering his forehead with his hands.

"Woah," Lento said, raising up his hands to show that he meant no harm, "I was just trying to figure out how you two were connected, is all. And hm..."

He scratched his chin as Rina and Aivery did their weird-ass comedy routine, before speaking up once more. "You happen to be a religious person, birdboy? Or is this just your first time?"

Status
Not open for further replies.