FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, I can't get up and punch someone in the chest? Can Tahan manipulate gravity to keep me stuck on the ground too? Is that one of his powers?

This SHOULD be killing you, but for some reason, it isn't (I'll explain that later).

*Points at Corben*

OVER ACTOR!

Nah, he's got a point, I got it. I'll edit in some feebleness as soon as my food coma's over with.

@Yaoi Master Gavin, the triangle thing still gives me nosebleeds. How are we supposed to keep track of it in a play-by-post game where scenes aren't fully described and there's no map or grid? It's going to be hard for me to mod-post as the enemy when I have no idea where your triangles are and where they're overlapping and whether it's double or triple power or whatnot. It all sounds a bit gamey, and not in the culinary sense. >_>

I suppose it is extra work to have to keep track of one person's ability which nitpicks so much; it's also a lot of extra math and geometry and most of us are trying to get away from that. I suppose if I must, I'll change it.

The poison just won't KILL YOU OUTRIGHT as it is SUPPOSED to work.

Otherwise you'd kill Malwin just in time to see the rest of your comrades all die.

And we can't have that...can we?

I mean.

We can't, right?

Cause....

Yeah. Nevermind. No one is dying yet but expect horrendous pain and weakness. You should probably feel like you're dying.

Thanks, Chaos, I'll imagine Corben as being played by Jim Carrey for the rest of the RP.

Tahan turned traitor?

*rushes to IC*

Edit: great reading from all!

Uh, hey, on the Yaoi Master's character. Weren't visual enhancement blessing banned (in-character I mean) due to all those Fateguard members who went psycho-crazy after their sight-enhancing blessings allowed them to see the monolith on the hill? I mean if none of the guys running this care then don't mind me, but I just... I dunno. It'd be nice to see at least a mention of that bit of in-game history, perhaps how he got around that executive order to get that particular blessing anyway?

Right, okay, catching up on the IC now.

Come to think of it, Faulk is right. Visual enhancements were outright banned after the monolith incident.

Hmm...

That's a fair point.

Yaoi, can you live without the zoom-vision?

Hehehe, Zoom-Vision...

Ah, I must not have come across that yet - I'm still pushing my way through the early chapters. But yeah, I can edit that power as well. I'm assuming critical zone still needs to be changed?

EDIT: Would it still be a problem if it were a vision enhancing enchantment but one that wouldn't allow him to see said monolith other than being right there at it?

Maybe we should have a brief synopsis of the plot thus far edited into the first post for new players. Just covering the major things that they'll need to know for character creation--like the Monolith Incident and the subsequent banning of sight-enhancing blessings. Nothing too detailed, just enough info to steer people right?

Hun, there is. Asmo has a small little thing to go along with each chapter.

Either way, hope you guys like readin'.

Besides, I have a sense that this chapter ain't gonna be over tomorrow, so no rush, right?

Ohhhhhhhhhh right. Forgive me, I'm at my sister's house currently and my thinking abilities have been slightly addled by overexposure to her screaming demonic offspring. Forgot about the 'story thus far' thing.

In that case just add a line to the last chapter's blurb that sight-enhancing blessings were banned?

I need to update the character sheet template itself to indicate no sight blessings.

And sorry Yaoi, Critical Zone still gives me brain cancer. And as for the sight blessings, anyone with enchanted eyes is under hysterical suspicion by the church and public. So you'd have to be convincing if you wanna design a sight-based power.

Well based on his history, the church would already know of his blessing and know that the monoliths wouldn't affect him unless he were, as I said, right up on them. I can send you a PM with it when I get the time today if you want.

Under the circumstances they wouldn't care. Everyone with a sight enhancing blessing went nuts and if there's one thing the church and guild are good at it's nipping things in the bud entirely with things like this. If the villagers knew someone on the FateGuard still had a sight enhancing blessing they'd do what they do best: completely overreact. That would only make life harder on the FateGuard in a time where they can't hardly do anything without the villagers starting some rumor.

Not to mention the church probably isn't all that interested in giving the FateGuard any leeway anyway. Since there are people in there looking to replace them with things like Tahan's armor, if the first couple chapters weren't any indication.

It's just looking at the monolith that gets you.

Speaking of which, the werewolf guy with two voices rattling in his skull got an eyeful on the spooky rock. Proooooooobably not gonna matter.

DARN IT, YOU MUTT, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE "DEAD".

Status
Not open for further replies.