FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
>: l. I'm waiting on Orion cause he had some sort of super revelation thing planned. G'off my back, I'm not procrastinating this time.

Changes target of prodding~ "Orion, oh holy being where art thou! cast down your divine light, show us the way! XDD"

Yeah this hold up is actually my fault.

I'm just going to start telling people to fuck off when I know I owe an RP a post because otherwise I jut don't get left alone anymore.

EDIT:

I kindda sorta posted.

Orion is too popular for his own good.

So much for the subtle Game of Thrones realism.

I guess the next chapter will be all about us recovering from witnessing the Archangel Michael in plain sight.

-__-

I'll be in Penn State this weekend. Post Sunday

...okay, I was at a loss for what to write in a post before. Now I'm like, ten times so.

You could throw a blanket over Leonardo, so we don't have to deal with an angel sighting AS WELL as the fact that there's a whole civilisation underground, and Eric is dead, and Malwin's evil, and the Legionnaire's on the fritz, and we have to recover from being poisoned.

Cos right now, Darth Vader is killing Obi-Wan while screaming "I'm Anakin" to Luke, who has just noticed a matching birthmark after wiping his cum off Leia's arse.

Yeah...this chapter...uhh...it's kind of spiraled out of control, hasn't it?

Just erase me from existence in the RP.

Sorry for joining.

Sorry for wasting your time.

I'm not even going to bother explaining what that thing actually is since you all don't trust me worth a goddamn at this point. All you want is to just jump on my ass and criticize me without even asking. But it isn't actually an angel. I'll bother saying that much. All I tried to do was make a post that I was asked to do, give Jack what he wanted. I was never actually going to let that Guardian loose during this entire story. I even told Jack I could just write it to be invisible to everything but Malwin. But then my mind got changed. Partially since I didn't think it would be automatically assumed I was a moron who didn't care about the oh so important Game of Thrones subtle theme.

So just delete my last post if you want.

I don't care anymore.

I'm done.

Alright Im sorry but the butt hurt expressed here is kinda ridiculous don't take things so personally and be so quick to assume the worlds against you, you will get much further with civil conversation rather than outright bitching. If Gm has issue then you redo your post, simple id think. Sure their was misunderstanding but why not pm the Gm and explain it rather than well.. this.. sorry im new to this site and everything but this sort of thing aggravates me. XD sorry if I Overstepped boundaries. =/

Oh my.... Drama's reaching critical mass.

Look, Orion, it's ok, man. Calm down, we'll talk this out. Sure this can be worked on, everything's gonna be fine.

RIGHT-O, THIRD-PARTY STAFFIE INTERVENTION.

In the interests of keeping things from kicking the fuck off in this thread, can you all just hold on the posting until Asmo appears to help resolve this? That'd be great and stuff.

*gets dragged in by a winged haggis*

x_@

If Chaos didn't quit after detecting my abject horror at his signing up, and if Unanun didn't quit after we all universally condemned him in the first chapter, then I'm sure we can fix this.

How about we just take out the part where EVERYONE sees what happened? Just have Malwin see it, and those of the weirdy-beardy persuasion detect an ethereal force. The rest just see a gust of wind that knocks Malwin before the throne. And maybe one of us can pick up an angel feather in a moment of enigma.

The scene still plays out, and no Tyrions drop their ice-creams.

Sounds good to me.

So here's the revised bio.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Ryste Valerian

Appearance:
27656-1boy-artist-request-black-hair-earrings-eyepatch2c9ca43fe47d1e8d17655a8c58739319_zpsb9ebeeed.jpg

Reputation: Though many of the regulars within the FateGuard may be unaware, Ryste, as was his father, is the heaviest supplier to Harrel for the assorted bows and arrows which the FateGuard use. They are more likely however to know him as the teal-haired man who always has such a condescending tone and a matching smile but knows more about bows and arrows than they could hope to know and is more than happy to assist with customizing a bow to a person’s strengths. Older members who were around when he was training before would probably recognize him too as someone who had to leave due to his family needing him.

Royal Blessing: Ashblood Bow – One of seven made by Ryste’s ancestor, Syrian, at the behest of the then-king for use by the original FateGuard. A longbow made of red ash – a local tree with a red hue and also excellent for making bows with – it is named Ashblood as it is varnished in the blood of demons and other evil creatures, giving it a dark red appearance. Its string is a similar gory trophy being the sinew of a particularly tough demon vanquished early on. Flexible scales are also adhered to the front of the bow, allowing it to be used to parry and block. It also comes with a matching quiver of 73 arrows of similar make. It has been passed down through the male line since it's creation.

While not a magic item, one cannot help but believe it is. Though it is pushing a century of age, it looks remarkably pristine as do the arrows that come with it. The arrows themselves have a history of rarely completely missing the target, of always being recoverable, and also of being incredibly resistant to damage, only two of the original 75 having been rendered useless through its use. Its frame has also weathered time and battle well – though numerous scores adorn the scales, not even the barest nick is found on the wood. These qualities have been attributed to the original skill with which such a weapon was created, the skill of its wielder, and sheer luck.

Holy Blessing: Icon of Abolishment: Creates a luminescent holy sign upon a target within Ryste’s sight line. The icon can be on anything from a wall to trees to an enemy. It can be seen only by the other members of the Fateguard as well as the mages. The light it emits is rather bright so the target can be tracked even in darkness and it also attracts Ryste’s arrows to the icon (re. Does not ensure a hit).

Magic Blessing: Sensory Zone: Ryste is able to sense any movement within a ten foot radius of himself. While this does make it incredibly difficult to sneak up on him and damage him in a melee sneak attack, ranged attacks have a much smaller window of opportunity for sensing to the point where only under ideal circumstances can he actually dodge it though the window is great enough that he can turn a fatal blow into a less damaging one – in most cases.

Legend: It is well known and quite obvious that Ryste’s hair is teal and all of the adults are quite aware of how it happened – his playful younger sister knocked a bucket of a teal plant-based dye on his head by accident which turned his once bleach blonde hair to the teal it is now. Even though that was some eight years in the past, the dye hasn’t shown the slightest inclination of leaving. By this point though, it would be odd that he didn’t have his signature hair anymore.

Also known to the adults is that he has heterochromatic eyes, one green and the other gold though most have forgotten through his careful use of longer hair when he was younger and the eye patch he covers it with as an adult, his long years of having done so allowing him to operate with and without depth perception. At night alone or on patrol, he tends to remove it to keep this condition in place.

Off-Duty: Since his father passed due to illness, Ryste has taken over the operations of the bowyer and fletcher shop his family has had since his ancestor, Syrian, settled with the original Pilgrims, having to sacrifice a future in the FateGuard to do so. At the time his sister was too young to be of any help financially so he was forced to work full time. Now that she is older though, she works with their mother to both create and dye clothing which brings in extra money and allows him to rejoin the FateGuard to protect them both, especially in light of recent events.

Seriously, how OLD is the grandpa?

Sheesh.

I think it's been gone over before.

More than a few generations are needed to make a town, more for a place that has a castle- it's not like today where we have all that construction equipment, building that stuff was labor intensive and probably took more than four or five generations- guesstimate. also, I believe there was a post somewhere in the IC talking about statutes of past Fateguard- those aren't built overnight either.

Anyways- I'm curious to see what Jack will post in reply of all the happenings.

Alyss will prooooooobably fall off in my next post- so get your abuse in on her now while you still have a good reason to do so.

Dammit. It must've been a stray mark on my checklist over the family line. I'll have to fix that in the morning. It was one of the first things I did - the sheet with the lineage is staring me in the face as I type.

LEAVE ORION ALONE!

​please stay orion

Status
Not open for further replies.