FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhhh SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION PLEASE oh wait

lol brb gonna just search the thread for the word 'torch'

edit: OKAY SO CHAOS WHEREVER YOU ARE DOES DEREK STILL HAVE THAT BAG OF TORCHES HE BROUGHT? It's relevant to my post I swear

I HAVE POSTED

and wiki tells me that proper flaming arrows had an oil-soaked 'tow' (some kind of bundle of fibers according to further research, haven't found anything more specific than that) tied just behind the arrowhead, so that seemed like the best way to cobble together a make-shift flaming arrow on short notice

So while I peruse the myriad posts of this highly interesting RP, a thought comes to mind. If the evil things only come out at night...what kills us if we go out during the day?

EDIT: You people are entertaining.

EDIT2: I'm definitely feeling that I should join this wonderfest.

So while I peruse the myriad posts of this highly interesting RP, a thought comes to mind. If the evil things only come out at night...what kills us if we go out during the day?

UV Rays.

For all their magic, no one has invented sunscreen yet in this RP as far as I know.

SPF 9000 is needed for this place.

JACK, I SWEAR, I WILL RATTLE YOU OVER SKYPE... ;_____; RATTLE YOU TO DEAAAATH!

Post, man. Poooost. *And other forms of hustling Jack for a post*

So we're pretty much waiting for Jack to post right now right?

If the evil things only come out at night...what kills us if we go out during the day?
The Evil attacks Gothenheim at night, but is present on the Farborn Field 24/7. It even works on Sundays and public holidays.

Do you have room for another character?
Applications are always open. New characters will be introduced next chapter (which will open shortly).

*crawls towards the next chapter*

The shade of a jack.

Name: Inakal Gunnarsen

Appearance: Inakal is a tall north-man with brown hair,
short beard and blue eyes. He has a youthful appearance.
viking_by_mattdonnici-d5ljw13.jpg

Reputation: Utilitarian warrior (He can fill many battlefield roles. He prefers to use heavy weapons, but only wears light armor.)

Royal Blessing:Trobjorn Tembrook's axe, the axe of a former king that is said to be unbreakable.

Holy Blessing:
The Fenris Blade. An ancient sword believed to have been forged with the blood of a great wolf. The Fenris Blade never loses its edge, can cut better than normal steel, and is said to be the bane of dark creatures.

Magic Blessing: Bloodshield cloak, a crimson cloak that protects its wearer from harm by helping to deflect physical blows.

Legend: Inakal is said to be a ferocious warrior, and rumor claims that he once defeated dozens of oponents on his own.

Off-Duty: Despite his young age (23) Inakal is a master carpenter. He mostly works on handles, hafts, and beams for buildings and scaffolds.

I need some clarification on the cloak there, Otter. What kind of "harm" does it protect you from? And how?

Also, we are the only city on this newly discovered continent, descended from pilgrims who travelled from the old world a hundred years ago. Your legend doesn't really make sense given the setting of this roleplay.

Yeah, that works. I think the legend should be a bit more specific (maybe a kind of opponent that you defeated?) But it's up to you.

Welcome aboard.

If I recall correctly from reading the posts, there are effectively search parties for assorted foodstuffs and supplies. Unless you mean to tell me that this city is large enough to encompass the fields needed to feed said people along with timber and such.

EDIT: I'm definitely joining up as soon as I get a few more details hammered out.

Yeah, heavily-guarded logging and foraging parties go out during the day to gather supplies. They receive blessings before leaving the gates and have strict rules about what they can and can't do (e.g. "Get back before sundown", "Take a piss with a buddy", "Don't look at the weird monolith on the eastern slopes"). These groups number at least a hundred and any who wander from the main group usually don't return (or get killed by the priests if they do, for they've been corrupted).

Status
Not open for further replies.