Zombies Go Boom: First Chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mcfluffy

Elia didn't like the possibility of losing their friend in the horde of infected, but Elliot just put a hand on her shoulder. "Just let her." 'It will be her own fault if she dies.' He finished inwardly. Elliot knew his little sister just wanted to keep Kiara from doing something stupid, but the blonde girl seemed to know her limits and what she was doing. If that were the case, then they shouldn't try stopping her. In the end, Elia gave a small nod. "Okay.. Do what you must.." She said in defeat but then added. "Just don't die."

Kiara

@Jessica2477

The blond girl nodded her head "All right, just get the fuck out of this store when they leave the front door" She finished before jumping onto the counter and up through the rooftop hatch. She walked up to the edge of the building and looked down, "creeps" she then turned around and got a running start... before jumping off the roof over the zombies, and landing onto her feet and going into a roll before jumping up. She counted 12 rotters, two of which were walking towards her, she then screamed "YO FUCKTARDS, THIS WAY, GETCHA NICE WHITE MEAT OVER HERE" Kiara shouted jumping up and down waving her arms. Then the whole horde was now walking towards her, But she didn't move until she saw they were away from the door. One lunged at her, but she sidestepped and tossed the damn creature behind her before taking a few steps back "come on guys just keep coming" She taunted as she pulled an arrow out of her quiver and laid it into her bow. Another got too close, and she kicked out its knee cap, and the Rotter fell straight onto his face. The horde was always at least 5 feet away from her...and now she got them away from the door.​

Effectively stashing some of his 'goods' under an upturned slab of concrete before everyone had woken up, Asher wiped his hands off on his jeans and began walking back towards the house. Noticing Olivia walking out, followed by Derek, he sighed and jogged over to them. He glanced up and smirked as he noticed Jason on the roof. "Smart." He mumbled to himself. Finally, reaching them, he stopped and glanced over his shoulder. "It's pretty clear considering the carnage last night. I'm guessing we're going for food and water?" He said as he scratched at his chin and though about the best place to find that without considerable risk. He snapped his fingers and pointed out into the distance. "There's an office building about three blocks up the road. They always had a few jugs of water on hand for the water coolers. It should be easy enough. Most of them got trapped in the elevator when shit went down. Now food, that's a tough one. I'd hit the highway if you can. It got pretty backed up and almost everything got abandoned. There's no way that everyone left with what they brought." Pulling out a stale pack of smokes, he popped on in his mouth, lit it and took a long drag. "I could always take the office myself. Not much of a risk. Not to mention they always had a medical kit on hand. Nothing too extravagant but bandages, ointment and gauze are always in high demand. If that's fine with you, boss." He said gesturing to Olivia.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"I can't believe you! For all I know, you mighta killed me!" The words echoed across the otherwise empty street as the speaker - Darlene, a young girl whose eyes seemed to be narrowed into a permanent glare - wiped the blood from her hands onto her shirt.

"You really need to start believing what's right in front of you, Darry." Replies Mason, an older boy who had his hands stuck in his pockets. His words were careful - calm, tempered - but there was a smirk playing on the corner of his mouth. "Besides, you're being melodramatic.

"Don't even start!" Darlene exclaimed, swinging her bat dangerously close to his head. "You're the one acting like a little kid!"

"What? Me?" Mason asked, feigning shock as he pointed towards himself. "I'm acting nothing of the sort!"

"You pushed me down!" Darlene huffed. "What sort of brother pushes his little sister down in the middle of a goddamn zombie apocalypse?! Look at me!" She motioned towards her knees, which a moment ago she had been wiping blood away from. Her jeans were torn in some places, and through these tears you could see the blood, gravel, and scrapes which now dotted her legs.

"The sort of brother who is sick and tired of having to drag his useless little sister around." Mason said, returning his hands to his pockets.

"What if they get infected?!" Darlene ignored his last statement. "I could turn into a fucking zombie for all we know! You might have just doomed me!"

"Oh, come on, just cut it out - would ya?" Mason said. "It's not like I shoved you into a puddle of zombie blood. You'll be okay. Probably. And if not, well, I guess you shouldn't have given me a reason to push you."

"God, you're so annoying! No wonder mom hates you!"

"No wonder mom hated me. I doubt she's still around to hate anyone."

Darlene stared for a few moments, before turning and walking down the street. "Go to hell, assface!"

Mason just laughed, and followed, shaking his head slightly. "Pretty sure we're already there, Darry. Come on, let's find a shelter."

Darlene ignored him, walking over to the nearest building. Checking the door, she saw it was unlocked, and went to head inside. "Everyone probably left in a hurry."

"The silent treatment, eh?" Mason asked, walking in after her. "Oh well, I was sick of your voice anyways."

• Love
@Mcfluffy

Kiara was certainly a different kind of person to both the siblings. She all too willingly rushed out and attracted the attention of the infected without a problem. The blonde was a courageous, heroic woman to put her own life on the line for the sake of two people she met not too long ago. Why would she do such a thing for them? Nonetheless, they left the store and moved a great distance away. Elliot made sure they would be easy to find by Kiara; they couldn't risk splitting up at a time like this.

• Love
It was to late for Olivia to hear the other guys talking behind her. Her tennis shoes helped somehow with the comfort. But not with the one inside her heart. Deep down, she was Terrified. Petrified actually.

Another step for her. For humanity perhaps, if everything will go smoothly that is. However, Olivia took another step on the street holding tightly the crossbow. She just passed a few cars, before looking carefully to left and right side, as she was heading towards the first house.

Her eyes turned to look at Derek and made a signal for him as he should go behind the house. Olivia took a deep breath, stepping slowly on the first steps of the house's deck. Then, Olivia could feel her heart rate going almost balistic inside her chest before her hand wanted to turn the knob of the door.
After a few seconds, Olivia went inside and made the first steps, letting her eyes to scan the living room. Now she entered fully inside the house, as obviously it was a mess there with furniture turned upside down and some blood traces over the walls. The air inside it was not breathable, with a hint of mold and something dead- kind of scent to it.

Olivia had to hold her hand to her mouth so she won't throw up straight away. Her forehead had some frustrated lines, while continuing to look around until she saw a backpack on the kitchen table. It seemed to have been for a child. Quickly, Olivia begun to scavenge around the counters and put in the backpack everything that was eatable.

" For God's sake.! This is worse than a war zone.. Pfft. This smell is horrible. I want to get the heck outta here.
I hope Derek will find something useful."

Olivia whispered to herself, now zipping the backpack with some food cans, forks, tissue, another knife, and a pan. Then, her right hand settled the rucksack on her shoulder and took her crossbow on the other hand.

Moreover, Olivia let her eyes to have one last look around before she decided to move towards the stairs.

That's when she heard a cracking noise. Twice.

Fuck.

It was now or run away. She was debating if she should chicken out or be a hero.

Crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Andy
Jason sat on the roof and continued to stare in the direction that he saw Olivia disappear to. With each minute that ticked by a feeling of unease started to grow in his stomach and nothing he told himself could settle it. He couldn't stop thinking about her. What was it about her that had already pulled him to depend on her and need her? He had barely known her for two days and yet he had already saved her life once and they had already started hitting it off like they had known each other for years. He shakes his head and rubs his eyes. Olivia..please be safe.. He thought to himself and sighed a bit. He glances over his shoulder at Rolf and couldn't help but wonder what was going through his head at the moment. He mentioned his sister a few times he was probably worried about her more then anything. He couldn't imagine the pain he was going through. He at least knew that his parents and family were dead..Rolf on the other hand? had no idea all he could do was guess and grasp at straws and hope. Jason was glad he didn't have to go through that..but..at the same time he knew that he was already going through that with Olivia.

Rolf's eyes were bloodshot as he sat cross-legged atop the roof, his knife spear laying in front of him. His head felt somewhat numb, and his breathing was unsteady. He felt ill, yet he knew he had no disease. It was the guilt, the constant fear of the place, and the loss.

He wondered if Olivia, Derek and Asher were going to return alive. They were going to return alive, right? Rolf thought for a moment - of course they were. Rolf guessed Asher wouldn't be scared of anything... Derek already proved to everyone how well he can fight - being in the military and all. And Olivia... the way she could just lead everyone so calmly. It was just... it was...

Rolf shuffled uncomfortably, wondering what he was in all of this. A guy with a spear - a guy who... abandone- No. I didn't abandon her. I couldn't find her. A guy who abandone- I didn't abandon her! I had no choice. I couldn't find her, dammit! A guy who abandone-

Rolf promptly stood up with heavy breathing, wiping his sandy blonde hair against his forearm. He was sweating profoundly - but he didn't want to look like this. He didn't want to be a coward who had to hide behind a mask - literally. He wished he could be strong like the others. But in his own mind, that just made him sound like a kid.

Rolf looked behind him briefly, watching Jason for a moment. Rolf wondered what was going through his head - he was the one who killed the boy in the leather jacket, after all. The one under the crudely built cross. Killing someone else... Rolf didn't even know what it felt like. He'd never done it here - only injured or knocked out bandits, like he did back in the alleyway. Killing someone was on a whole new level... it lingered.

Slowly, Rolf stepped beside Jason, quietly sitting next to him on the roof. Rolf was as shy as ever, and didn't make eye contact, along with usual stuttered speech.

"Sorry to bring it up again... but... the guy you killed..." Rolf said slowly. "I... I didn't see his bite. You were the one who had to kill him - when it was my fault. I should have seen his damn bite - if only...!" Rolf mumbled, looking down at the ground.

"...I'm sorry you had to go through that. It was my fault." Rolf whispered, looking at the grave in the distance. Rolf was silent for a few more moments, before he decided to mention something else.

"Olivia's really something. The way she can just... lead everybody like that. And the way she can actually smile - at a time like this. We're lucky to have her. Sometimes I feel like I'm just a liability..." Rolf mumbled. He wasn't really sure why he bought it up, but it was worth mentioning whilst he was starting to get in the flow of conversation. Rolf wondered if he'd still be alive if he hadn't joined this group. The chances were that he'd still be on the streets... with his... 'toothpick'... fighting off zombies until he got bit or was eaten alive.

It was almost as if he'd been given a chance to achieve his goal - in this hell, of all places.

Olivia took another deep breath before making her way through the back door. She decided it would be for the best to ignore the cracking noises in that house. She had no intention to find out who or what was up there. Even if it could have been another living human. She could not afford to take any chances for that. Not now.

However, cursing slightly under her breath, Olivia wondered where the heck Derek has gone to. He was supposed to meet her there. Crap.
She could not loose another one after what has happened the day before, yet the search had to continue in order to get more supplies and a car. And fast.

Making her way through the back garden, her pulse begun to rise quicker as she turned the corner of the house. The backpack settled good at her back, while her left hand held tight the crossbow. Thanks to God, she did found a knife in that kitchen before heading out.

" Now where the heck is Derek? He was supposed to be here. Fuck.. I need to cross the road and check the other house. Uhh.. I hate that I have to do this alone. "

Olivia took another deep breath, brushing her hair out of her cheek and emarged down the street, trying to be cautious and not to make herself visible for any walker.
Some faint growling, snarling could be heard in the distance on the street as she continues her way.

Just as she managed to get on the sidewalk, a infected came onto her left side, reaching with her bloody hands to grab Olivia. She gasped being surprised by its sudden presence, when two- three more infected were making their way towards Olivia location.
Olivia's hand was as a shield trying to push the infected man away from her face. At a few inches, his jaw, hanging half away and his teeth threatening to bite her at any minute. Those things were quite strong. Stronger than she remembered, as she did had a hard time to keep the undead off her and continued to push forward in order to attempt an escape before it was to late.

Shit.

The knife which was found before, it was not available at her convience since it was in her backpack. She needed a plan and quickly before the infected would rip her flesh.

Some kind of miracle perhaps. To save her butt.

• Love
The entire house smelled of death, but that was expected in this day and age. Besides that, everything seemed to be normal; They were in a living room containing a a couch, tv, coffee table, and array of knickknacks and photos strategically placed in corners and hung on walls. Mason was examining one such photo, a particularly large one arranged so that it was the first thing you saw upon stepping into the house. It was a photo displaying what he could only assume was a mother, and her three middle to high school aged sons. If it weren't for his hatred of family portraits, he might have felt a twinge of sadness knowing that the woman and children were likely dead. "Tsk, pathetic," He mumbled under his breath, unable to stray from his old habit of speaking his thoughts. "Never was a fan of those."
He glanced over at his younger sister, flicking his hand towards the room to his left. "Well, anyways, you check out the kitchen. I'll take a look down this hall - see if there's anything worth taking, or anyone we need to take out." He paused. "Oh, and Darry? Don't screw things up like you usually do, okay? I'm getting tired of saving your ass." He smirked - the sort of smirk you would expect from a misbehaving child - and headed down the hall.

Darry didn't respond, but rather did as her brother had said and went to search through the kitchen. She was doubtful there'd be much of anything there, as anyone with half a brain would have took everything they could carry when they fled, but it was worth a shot. After all, what else were they to do? She scanned the area once, to assure herself that she wouldn't be jumped by one of the undead, and then began her search. Opening cupboards and searching through drawers, she wasn't surprised when she found little supplies. The haul was better than usual, though. Two cans of diced tomatoes, a can of refried beans, a can of pineapple rings, a bottle of gatorade, and a half-full bag of semi-stale cereal. There was also a good deal of rotten food in the fridge, but as of yet neither her or her brother were hungry enough to even think about eating that. Nothing she had found was exactly the most delicious of foods - minus the pineapple, which she considered quite a steal, and was already dying to eat - but she hadn't expected any less. After all, from the fact that she'd seen no blood or real signs of a struggle the family had likely fled the house. There were at least four of them, and if they had had the presence of mind to get out of there alive they had likely also had the presence of mind to take as many non-perishables as they could carry with them. That was the problem with the recent post-apocalyptic entertainment craze - those shows had embedded into the mind of most Americans that supplies were crucial. It sure did make things hard for looters.

Mason headed back towards the kitchen, hoping his sister had found more than he had. There hadn't really been anything of use, as it seemed like the family had actually made it out alive. "Eh, good for them. Bad for us."
Leaning against the doorway, he peered in at his little sister. She was crouched over her backpack, shoving items into it. "'Ey, find anything of use, little one?" He asked. "Wasn't really anything back there that we could use. There were a few comic books in one of the boy's rooms, if you want them, and I found a candy bar stashed under a bed that I'm definitely not sharing - but that was about it. So, I'll ask again, you got anything good?" He was about to flash that smirk which seemed to make his younger sister oh-so-angry when he was cut off by the feeling of a Gatorade bottle being smashed into the side of his head. "Christ!" He huffed, slapping a hand to his head as he glared at Darlene. "Why the hell you gotta be so hostile? It was a simple question." Still, no response. He had to give his sister one thing, she was good at the one thing that drove him nuts: the silent treatment.

Darlene resisted the urge to smile as the gatorade bottle she had thrown slammed into her older brother's head. That's what he got for being such a jerk all the time. She finished putting her new supplies into her backpack, and then stood, walking over to pick it back up. It made a good projectile, but it made a better drink. She glanced back up, to see that her brother had now moved over to the window. "Oh... crap Darry." He said. "There's someone out there. I think we better help them."
"Really?" Darlene huffed. "I'm not falling for it."
"No, seriously." Mason said, heading towards the door. "Come on, or at least give me your bat. I don't wanna send every zombie in the area running towards us by using my gun."
Darlene looked her brother over for a few moments, before determining he was telling the truth. He was a good liar, but she knew him well enough that she could usually sense when he was making things up, and this didn't seem to be one of those times. Pushing ahead of him, she went to run out the door, and saw she had indeed been right. There was a girl, holding off one of the infected as three more made their way towards her.

"Shit, you gonna help me? I don't think I can hit it without hitting her!" Darlene huffed, casting a glance over at Mason.
Mason didn't need to be asked twice, as he had already made his way over to Olivia and was trying to pull the zombie off of her without getting bitten himself. Darlene stepped in within the moment, and swung the bat at it's head, causing her brother to gasp slightly and duck.
"God Darry! You almost took my head off too!" He exclaimed, as she hit the zombie again for good measure. "Couldn't you have given me another moment?! Or, you know, aim for only killing the people that are already dead?!"
"Aw, the poor baby almost got hit by a bat!" Darlene huffed, as she turned to slam her bat into the head of another zombie. She wasn't sure she could really handle them all at once, but her brother was standing by with his gun if anything went too wrong, and she hoped the girl would be able to help now that she was free. "I don't care! Hell, I wish I woulda hit you! So just shut up, would ya?!"

Darlene and Mason search a house for supplies, they find two cans of diced tomatoes, a can of refried beans, a can of pineapple slices, a bottle of gatorade, and a candy bar. Not bad, but not much for two people who are basically out of supplies, either. Mason pisses Darlene off. Darlene throws said previously mentioned bottle of gatorade at Mason's face. She has good aim. Way to go, Darlene! He was kind of being a dick, anyways. Not that you're acting much better. Seriously, sit down and work your problems out or something. You're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, you don't have time for this crap. Mason looks out window - notices Olivia almost getting her face munched off. After a moment of hesitation where Darlene tries to decide if he's pulling her leg, they race out to help her. Woo, Darlene and Mason to the rescue! Well, at least sorta. Darlene takes out the zombie that's busy attacking Olivia, and accidentally almost takes out her brother, as well. She then turns and start beating on another zombie, all while arguing with Mason - what a lovely family those two are. <3

Jason sat in silence as he listened to Rolf go on and on about how it was his fault for not seeing the guys bite. After a moment he sighed and shook his head "..Its not your fault Rolf..we were out in the streets about to get chowed down on ourselves so you did what you had to do. If I had brought him inside I probably wouldn't have seen the bite either so you can't blame yourself..and even if you had seen the bite what would you have done? you would have had three choices...leave him there to get feasted on and even if somehow he did survive getting swarmed he would have become one of them himself...kill him yourself..or bring him inside. you did the right thing Rolf..you tried to save his life." He rubs his eyes "..I'll never forget his face..never get the image of what I had to do out of my mind..but before this is all over we're all going to be forced to see or do things just as bad if not worse then what i had to do to him.."

He leans back on the roof and looks back ahead. He still couldn't see Olivia or Derek anywhere and it was really starting to worry him. He knew they were only down the street but even being one block away from someone in this world could mean life or death. When Rolf brought up Olivia a spark of jealousy flared up inside him. He shot Rolf a quick look and then nodded his agreement. "yeah..she is definitely something else that's for sure.." He sits up and stares in the direction that he had last seen Olivia go towards. He wished that he could be with her but she had insisted that this was the better option for them. "..I just hope she's ok..I've only just met her..but..I don't know what I would do if I lost another person" It seemed like he was just talking about people in general but he meant her specifically.

@Jakers

• Love
Rolf's face seemed slightly reassured as he looked into the distance, the dusty winds causing his sandy blonde hair to flicker gently, like a weak candle. A very slight smile appeared on Rolf's lips as he scratched the back of his head.
"I... I guess you're right." Rolf mumbled. The way Jason put it made Rolf feel a lot better about things, but he still felt somewhat guilty for making Jason be the one to kill the man. Rolf had the same problem too - he simply couldn't get the little makeshift grave he'd made out of his head. Rolf's fingernails still held some dirt underneath them from the burial, which caused him to let out a quiet sigh.
"Thanks... Jason. It... it means a lot." He mumbled, eyes to the sky as a tear or two escaped his eyes. Abruptly, Rolf wiped the tears away before anybody could see them. He couldn't be a crybaby - not here. Not when he'd come so far. He needed to toughen up; his sister wasn't going to be found by some emotional kid hiding under a mask.

"Olivia, Derek and Asher should be fine... they're tough. It'd take more than a couple dozen zeds to kill those guys off..." Rolf added thoughtfully. He wondered what they were doing know. They'd be fine, right? He hadn't heard any gunshots yet... but... Rolf still feared what would happen if they didn't come back. Although Rolf didn't really know the group, he was just starting to get attached to them all. He knew he couldn't get too attached... but...

It was just nice... not to be alone for once...

"They'll be fine." Rolf repeated - this time trying to reassure himself - lightly clenching his hand around his spear.

Asher, walking casually own the road and ducking any stray undead he came across, finally made it to the office complex. The streets were all but destroyed and many buildings were still ablaze from the bombardment the day before. Much to his pleasure, the streets were clear for the most part and the building in question seemed to still be intact. Slinking behind a car in front of the building, he made his way into the slightly cracked glass door and noticed the emergency lighting was still on. He smiled to himself and took off up the stairwell. He wasn't daft enough to try and take the elevator.

First floor: The halls were lined with random debris from work orders to overturned desks and clipboards. Nothing really caught Ashe's eye except for the lack of undead.

Second floor: Much like the first except a little messier with a huge red X on the wall. He scratched at his chin before hearing a familiar groaning. The suddenly made sense so he was quick to scurry back over to the stairwell entrance. The next door was barred, much to his delight. A few undead laying lifeless on the floor and a locked door was always a good sign for supplies.

Third floor: Pushing on the door a bit, he peered through the crack where he was met with a revolver and a visibly shaken woman. Asher quickly stepped back and threw his hands up. "Woah. Still alive here. I'm a doctor." He said gesturing to his bag. She uneasily lowered her weapon and breathed a sigh of relief before quickly unchaining the door. Which was unfortunate for her. "Y-You're a doctor?" She said in a shaky tone that was half choked out of her. Her mascara still staining her face and her red business suit let in tatters. "Something like that." He said with a grin before delivering a blow to her jaw with his elbow, rendering her unconscious. He quickly tip toed over to the corner of the hallway and peaked around. More red X's on the doors and one with a very prominent green circle. "Bingo." He walked to the door and checked for any kind of patrol. They weren't prepared enough for that. Lucky him. He peered under the door and counted the people in the room. One, two, three... And four. Three men and one woman. Quite the little garrison. He smiled to himself and rose slowly to his feet. He banged on the door with his fist and stepped to into the blind spot of the door. A hushed conversation was all he could hear before one slowly cracked the door and poked his head out. A bullet to the brain dropped him to the floor. He took a few steps back and heard a small caliber pistol being unloaded in the immediate vicinity of the door and screaming. After he heard the recognizable clicking. He stepped into the door and spent his last two bullets into the men and stuffed the gun back into his pants.

The woman screamed hysterically as Asher looked around the room smiling. His eyes caught hers and she went dead silent. He slowly walked over to her and grabbed at the button of his pants as the panic welled up in her eyes. Asher chuckled before kicking her in the face. Just as he thought, water and a small bit of gauze and ointments was neatly pile in the corner. Stuffing the pistol and the medical supplies into his bag, he threw the large jug of water over his shoulder and patted down the woman for any sort of useful materials. A poor quality pocket knife was all he found on her. "How did you expect to survive with this?" He asked the unconscious woman before snapping the blade in half in her skull. On his way out, he noticed the first woman coming to and crawling by the door. A quick boot to the head broke her neck as it slammed into the door frame. "Now stay down, bitch."

He exited the building and sighed with relief at the rush he got from the whole ordeal flooded his senses. He was almost prancing on his way back to the makeshift headquarters his new group had claimed. Asher was a man built for the apocalypse and he was damn sure ready to take advantage of it.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
It was as if God has not forgotten her, like in a way in all this madness going on, still saved her. Suddenly, two persons had appeared and started to swings baseball bats at the infected.
Quickly in her reaction of what was happening in front of her eyes, Olivia made another movement and hit the undead woman with the back of her crossbow. The blow reached the Infected's jaw and then her left leg pushed it down to the ground with all her strength. In the next minutes, it was as if something took over Olivia's body and she jumped on top of the infected. With both of hands she gripped the crossbow and continuously hit the skull of that undead, blood flying over her cheeks and clothes. Hit after hit, like did not want to stop. Cracking noises, while one eyeball fell from the rotten body, the crossbow's hits continuing to crush what was left outta of that Undead.

" Ahhh!! Die already, die!!"

Olivia's voice Was shaking while after a few minutes, When she stopped and breathing heavily, let the crossbow into the ground and she stood up. Her eyes looked at the two new people with a faint smile, still having blood all over her. The anger had subsided now, yet her heart felt somehow .. In pain. Fuck it.

" I.. Thank you. Uhmm.. I have to find a working car and then go back to my group. We could use more help, more of us it would be better."

Olivia said to them and looked around the street. The sun was still up on the sky, yet soon it will become nighttime. She needed to hurry.
However, at a few feet away she noticed a big blue ford truck. Her eyes sparkled for a minute, before she made a run for it, grabbing the crossbow to. She did hoped that those people would fallow her. Maybe they will be helpful after all.

Reaching the ford truck, it was still in good shape, as looking from the outside. So, Olivia took a deep breath and opened the drivers seat holding the crossbow in case of a surprise. Luckily it was empty and the Damned keys still in ignition.

" what kind of person leaves the keys in ignition? Damn it.. Doesn't matter. I just hope it has gas to takes us outta town at least. "

Olivia smiled throwing the crossbow inside the truck, then waved her hands at the two people from before to come over so they could go away.
Maybe, just maybe.. This will turn out to be a good thing after all.

Fingers crossed.

And so, Olivia climbed inside the ford truck, slowly breathing as she turned the keys and the engine started to purr straight away. This had to be her most luckiest day ever.

Thank you, God.

• Love
sOEjyBs.jpg

~"The city that never sleeps. How ironic... "~

The sun beamed between the buildings of the once great city of New York, casting shadows across the remains of the streets which caused flickers of movement that one could almost mistake for signs of life. Taxis and cars lay abandoned, rusted and vacant while stores clung to the dark, giving off an unsettling atmosphere that dared to spook even the hardiest of men. Windows and broken glass lay smashed across the side walks and some of the street lamps had fallen across the road, creating obstacles for the single figure that stood in the center of the street, her left hand clutching a necklace which she peered down at with a somber expression. The wind whistled between the eroded remains of mankind, kicking against her hair which fluttered gently in the breeze, swirling dust and debris beneath her feet and across the cracked roads. Slowly she took a step, than another until she slowly began to walk, seeming to be heading in no direction in particular. Her face was dirty, tired and she looked as if it had been some time since she'd gotten a good nights sleep. Upon her back was a crossbow and a quiver which held the bolts for it, though with the street being so desolate it would seem she had little use for it at that moment. She placed her hands on the side of a car before climbing over it it, landing on the other side with a crunch as her feet touched down on shattered glass from the cars windscreen. She would arrive at a junction soon, perhaps with a board which could point her in a new direction. She needed some place to stay and with the light beginning to fade she was running out of options.​

Darlene finished the zombie off with one more quick slam to the head, and was about to turn to swing at another when Olivia began to attack the other zombies. She took a step back, aligning herself with her brother, and stared in silence. Mason did the same, crossing his arms. They continued to watch, unmoving, when Olivia thanked them, and did the same as she headed over to the truck. Only when the truck started did they finally react.

In near unity, they turned their heads to glance at each other, Mason cocking his head to the side slightly while Darlene raised a brow.
"Well..." Mason began.
"Fuck this?" Darlene interrupted, completing his sentence.
"That's not entirely how I was going to put it," Mason said. "But yeah, pretty much. What do you think?"
"What do I think?" Darlene asked, leaning in slightly and lowering her voice. "I think she's lost it."
"Hmm, agreed." Mason said. "But, hey, who hasn't?"
"I still don't know... not sure I wanna risk it. We're doing just fine on our own."
"Well, yeah, but... it'd be nice to meet up with other people, don't you think?"
"No."
"Oh, come on, don't be a fool. Aren't you the one who's all about that protect and serve shit?"
"Not anymore, asshole." Darlene rolled her eyes. "I'm more about that not dying shit. If you wanna put yourself in danger though, be my guest."
"Well, alright. It's decided then."

Mason glanced over at Olivia, flashing a grin. "Why of course, ma'am! Me and my disgusting stooge of a little sister would be delighted to accompany you!" He reached back and grabbed Darlene's arm, tightening his grip around her wrist as he walked over to the truck.
"Wait, what?" Darlene hissed, her voice raising ever so slightly as she did so - a sure sign to Mason that she was more annoyed than she wanted to let on. Good, he had hoped this would piss her off. It was part of the reason why he'd accepted.
"I never said I was going. I said you could go - there's a big difference."
"Oh, Darry, Darry, Darry...." Mason said, letting go of Darlene and patting her on the head. "Don't be so silly, little one. I'm your big brother. I can't just leave you! Trust me, I'd positively love to just leave you, but I can't."

Darlene scowled, narrowing her eyes at her big brother. Must he always be so terribly condescending? Not only was he bossing her around, he was patting her on the head and calling her 'little one' as if she were some toddler or stray dog. Well, if that's how she was going to be treated she might as well act the part. Reaching up, she quickly grabbed her brother's hand, and pulled it down towards her mouth - after which she promptly bit him, being careful to do it quickly enough and turn her head in a way that Olivia wouldn't notice. She didn't need the new girl thinking she deserved the treatment her brother gave her. Letting go, she opened the door to the truck and jumped in, slamming it shut again before Mason could react. "Hmph, take that." She thought, sticking her tongue out as she stared at her brother through the window. "With any luck someone will mistake it for a stupid zombie bite and shoot your dumb ass."

Mason stood for a second, staring at his hand, before going to follow Darlene into the truck. "I can't believe you actually just did that." He growled quietly, pulling his sleeve down to cover the bite. "It hurt. You realize I'm going to get you back bad later, right?"

Darlene just shrugged, and glanced over at Olivia. "Well, anyways, like my brother said, we'd be happy to accompany you. Feel free to drive like hell to your camp."

As Asher jogged back towards the house, he noticed the streets seemed.. different. It was like someone had been moving things around or scavenging. He paused a moment to collect his thoughts. "Plenty of cars. Cars mean.. Gas. Tires. Maybe some scrap supplies.. Who in the hell is stupid enough to go after this ju-" His sentence abruptly ended as it hit him. The revving of a motorcycle only feet away caused him to jump. Gunfire sent him diving to the ground. he crawled on his elbows behind a car as more motorcycles entered the fray and began turning circles in the streets. "I fucking hate bikers.. Especially when they have automatic weapons." A bike then quickly whipped around the back of the vehicle as a man pointed a gun at Asher. The man paused for a moment, recognizing Asher for his previous gang affiliation, leaving just enough time for Asher to cold cock him across the jaw and hop on his bike. Scooping up his Uzi, he peeled out as the rest of the gang gave chase to him. Asher played the scenarios out in his head. Go straight and lead them back to the group. He would have backup but most of them would probably die. Or turn right and lose them somewhere in the city. This meant he may die in the process but he would have a group to return to. As the decision was right on top of him, his body instinctively yanked the bike to the right as he roared down the streets. "Son of a fuck!!"

He bobbed back and forth between the wrecked vehicles and debris littering the streets as bullets whizzed past him. One bullet planting itself firmly in his right shoulder. Reaching back and glancing over his shoulder, he fired off a few controlled bursts on each side of the pack to lump them together before spraying the rest of the clip at them. He only managed to take out one and merely injure one or two of the dozen bikers hot on his heels. "Fuck, fuck, fuck.." He chanted as his adrenaline slowly but surely began to rise. His gut growing tighter and his mouth dry. One of them were right on top of him and only inches from grabbing hold of him. Asher glanced over at the man, down at the Uzi then back at the man. He smirked before throwing the gun at the man's face and kicking his bike causing him to hit a downed light pole and flip head first into the pavement. The sound of engines growing fainter, Asher stopped paying attention to the road ahead of him. They were turning around? Why? These thoughts were cut short as Asher toppled over, much like the biker he had wrecked just seconds prior.

"Hhhhnnnnggghhhh...." Asher fought to get the air back into his lungs as he crawled across the ground on his hands and knees. Glancing up, he saw what looked like a dust storm. He stared at it for a few moments with blurry eyes before everything was clear. "No fucking way.. Is that.. A herd of fucking UNDEAD?!" He growled and forced himself to his feet before turning tail and sprinting back towards the house. Dodging the ever increasing number of undead in the streets. As he rounded the corner, he summoned the last of his stamina to keep running to the door. Once he made it, he burst through and toppled to the floor. Quickly crawling back, he slammed the door, locked the deadbolt and started gasping deeply to give some oxygen back to his burning lungs.

A smirk took form at Olivia's lips when the girl spoke, as she got inside the truck and made a remark of driving like hell. That's what exactly she intended to do. Only a small problem. To many walkers. Way to many. The totally need a diversion or they would have to fight plenty of them just to get out of The car.
If that was not an option.. Olivia would have to not go to the house. It will be swamped and put the others to danger. She needed a plan and fast.

I am sorry Jason.. But I can't go back to the house now. It's way to risky, plus I have new people with me. What impression will I make if I will bring them into the middle of an infected hoard ? They would think I lost my mind..

I guess it's Goodbye for now, Jason. But we will meet again. I promise.

However, her thoughts soon were pushed away from Her mind, while her hands gripped the steering wheel, just after the boy came inside the car as well. Olivia took a deep breath, and then turned the wheel to get on the road. Her foot pushed hard the acceleration pedal and tried her best to avoid the walkers in her path. They were getting more and more. For some stupid reason, Olivia continued to smile.

" I don't have a camp. My group found a house for the night to rest, as we are planing to get out of the city. Pretty obvious huh?
Anyways.. We can't go back there. As you see, they are way to many infected here and it's getting worse. We will be trapped at the house. We can't fight them all. We have to be smarter than that. "

Olivia said to the girl, looking for a second in the mirror as the hoard behind was fallowing them, while more of them kept appearing in front of the truck. She hit a few of them, crushing their bodies under the ford's heavy wheels. One undead woman got stuck on the hood, as Olivia tried to move that left and right to shake her off. Blood was covering the windshield. Frustration took over her, before Olivia opened her window gulping for a moment, then lifted slightly her bum from the seat and still trying to keep the car steady.

" Hold the wheel for me. I need to get rid of this piece of shit of my new car."

Olivia said to the boy, when her hand took the crossbow and climbed half way outside The window and started to hit the undead in the skull a few times, trying to make it slide of the car. More blood covered her hands, some stains over her shirt and her face to.

Finally, the body fell down and rolled over onto the streets, when Olivia got back inside and held tighter the steering wheel. Her crossbow was left next to her, while her right hand changed the gear. Her breathing become heavy once again, all the emotions threaten to come back to her and fill her eyes with tears.
She did tried her best not to completely loose it, even when the situation was not the best one to be in.

Therefore, Olivia managed to get on a main road inside the city, which not to far away they could all see the countryside hills. Thousands of sensations and emotions swirled inside her, of guilt and remorse for leaving the rest behind. She had no choice. She said to them to meet at the police station, but was not sure if that was a good idea.

" I am Olivia. Sorry, I am terrible with introductions.
I want to say that consider the current circumstances, we cannot go back to the house where my group is. I- we need supplies and some weapons. We could go to the Police station, but it's a high risk of getting trapped if something happens. Unless, of course you are up to actually do it.
In other words, if not.. Well, then we Can go up this road into the country side where is not very populated and see it from there what plans we can make. "

Olivia spoke towards the two people inside the car, as the car continued to move slower down the road. The groans of the Undead remains an echo behind them, still was uncertain when they will reach them from behind if they won't move forward.

One of the biggest decision will be made, even if it meant to be separated from the others, Olivia had to survive. For her sake.

Until they will meet again.
Soon enough..

I've come a long way.. But I am sure I'll see you again. Just have to hold on and fight. Fight with all we got. It's the only way..

I will see you soon Jason, just survive until the next time we see each other. I will miss you..

Olivia was lost for a minute in her thoughts, especially thinking about Jason. And after such crazy two days, her emotions overwhelmed her. Tiny tears made her eyes blurry, while she gripped the steering wheel, not looking at the new people. She did not want to look weak in front of them. Not now, not ever.
Suddenly, walkers got closer to their location as the car's engine made noise and the infected begun to gather more and more at the car. Their hands and faces banging at the windows, growling loudly and scratching the glass.

The sight was not pleasant.
Oh, well screw it.

A new chapter will start from here for Olivia and her new companions. Hopefully, they'll survive the hoard and fight for another day.

@Cwolf0615

• Love
Reactions: Jakers and Andy
Jason listened to Rolf's words but they were ringing hollow within him. He couldn't fight this sense of dread that was seeping into his heart. And it didn't take long for those fears to become reality. Jason had looked down the street to the left to see a huge horde of zombies chasing after what appeared to be Asher! but Olivia and Derek were no where to be seen. He stood up quickly and began scanning the streets for any signs of either of them. That's when he heard the truck engine roar to life. He looked down the street further and he could see what appeared to be Olivia and two others climbing into the truck. He smiled in relief. Maybe they were going to make it out of here! but then it dawned on him. There was no way for Olivia to make it here and for them to all load into the truck without being eaten. He could tell she knew it too. He fell to his knees as he watched the truck speed off towards the country side. His heart fell to pieces and he let out a scream of pain and anguish as he watched Olivia escape. He punched the roof hard and closed his eyes tightly as tears dripped from his eyes to land on his fist.

"..i..I never even got the chance to tell her how I feel..." He choked out. He swallowed hard and then stared off into the distance as he watched the truck speed away. "At...At least she has a chance now....please Olivia..survive this hell..." He stood up and let out a slow breath and then looked at Rolf "come on..we have to fortify this place..or we're all dead." He didn't even wait for his reply as he quickly climbed down from the roof and got back inside. He ran past the gasping and wheezing Asher and didn't even glance at him "everyone! on your feet now! we've got a huge hoard of them coming our way and if we don't do something we're all dead! and I don't know about you but I don't plan on dying today!..and before you ask..no Olivia is not coming...she got the truck but..there was no way for her to make it to us without getting us all killed...she got away...but we're on our own now..I for one don't plan on dying until I get to see her again though! if you want to survive follow me! I have an idea!" With that he quickly made his way to back up to the roof. He then glanced around at the nearby buildings and nodded a bit to himself "..the buildings are close enough together we can jump from roof top to roof top to try and get a bit further away from the hoard. if everyone keeps their balance and avoids slipping...we might have a chance." Jason set his gaze determined off in the direction that Olivia had gone. He wasn't going to die without seeing her one last time. and that was a promise even if the others in the group didn't believe in him or trust him he was going to lead them to safety.

• Love
Asher regained most of his breath and groaned. Shoving off the ground and back to his feet, a shower of glass fell on his back and legs. A loud groan was followed as Asher whirled around. The undead man started trying to crawl in but was soon grappled by Asher as he tried to keep it out. He grunted and yelled out, "Yeah, follow Jason! Hurry your asses up! We're about to get overrun!" As he forced the undead back out the window a dozen more cam to the window and started to climb in. Asher did his best to boot as many in the head as he could before the door started to give. "Shit shit shit shit.." He said as he held it closed for a few moments as the dead at the window made their way in. He sprinted up the stairs and started kicking them back down as Jason corralled everyone onto the roof. Turning to head up himself, he got to the window everyone was using before realizing their was too many on him to climb out. Swinging a door open, he bashed one in the head with it causing it to topple over as he tried to escape.

His breathing grew erratic. He was trapped. He didn't have an escape plan. What was he going to do? He fought off as many as he could with the butt of his gun before one grabbed hold of his shirt. Back stepping as he held his hand against it's throat he accidentally backed into a window and fell from the second floor to the ground. His vision hazy, he came to with the walkers skull impaled on a newly broken wooden fence and a post running through Asher's back and out the front on his left side. Gritting his teeth in pain, he tore off the rest of his shirt, revealing his well toned body, and tied off each side of the post around his abdomen so it wouldn't shift while he was running. Pulling it tight caused him to let out an involuntary groan. Just enough for the dead to hear. Asher looked up to the roof and yelled, "Just go, Jason! Get them out of here! I'll be fine!... I-I'll meet you outside of town alright?" He took a few steps before stopping and adding, "Don't you assholes forget about me either!" He said in a desperate tone that he didn't even know he had. Choking down the pain, he took off into the streets before he was gone from view from the rest of the group. On my own again, huh? Typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.