You Want Me Now

Marcus shook his head. "Their on a business trip... again..." he said softly. His parents had become very invested in their business and had little to no time for him anymore. He sounds sad and alone. Which he was, he was always alone, even if his parents were home. They would barely talk to him.

"Do they leave you alone often?" Christian ran a hand through his hair, his expression hard as he picked up on the loneliness in Marcus' voice. He may have been going out on a limb, but asked, "I realize it's been a long time since we've seen eachother, but...Would you like to stay with me until they come back? Or if you prefer, I could remain here."

Marcus nodded his head to Christian's first question. He would spend weeks alone in his house. Marcus looked up at Christian and offered him a small smile. "That would be nice," he said softly to him. He rather be with Christian any day, then to be alone.

Christian returned the smile as he stood. "It's settled. You're coming home with me, Marcus, since you didn't give me a direct answer. Pack a bag." He instructed smoothly, looking down at him. "Take your time."

Marcus nodded his head and got up. He walked slowly up the stairs to his room. He packed some clothes, a towel, his tooth brush and a few other things. He pulled on his shoes and his coat. He walked down to the living room and stood there, feeling awkward.

Christian was just ending a phone call as he walked in. He smiled at Marcus, "Has anyone told you how adorable you can be? It's very taunting." He turned on his heel and started to head out the door, looking over his shoulder. "Come now, my assistant is waiting for us outside."

Marcus blushed at the compliment and hid his face. He nodded his head to Christian and got his keys from the counter and turned everything off, locking up the house before walking with Christian to his car. He was nervous as he sat down in the back of the car, not saying anything to the driver. He was clearly nervous and he kept his duffle bag on his lap.

Christian showed Marcus out to his car once he was ready, then climbed into the backseat with him. His driver was already informed that they would just be heading to Christian's home, so without a word, he eased out and began driving. He glanced at Marcus, who was obviously nervous about something. "Is everything alright? You look uncomfortable."

He shook his head. He tried to calm down but he couldn't he still felt awkward. "Sorry.... I'm just nervous," he said softly. He didn't want to talk out loud with the driver in the car. He felt like he was doing something terrible by going with Christian to his house. He didn't understand why he felt like this, he was just Christian's friend. But he kept thinking about what Christian had said to him before they left. That he was cute. He was confused by that, but he must be over thinking things. He needed to calm down.

Christian crossed his legs and gave a nod before quickly ordering the man driving, "John, put your headphones in." The driver placed a pair of headphones in his ears, the music playing loud enough to be heard. "We can talk much more freely now." He turned back to facing Marcus, one arm resting on the back of the seat. "About what? If you don't mind me asking." Perhaps asking him over was too much, but wouldn't he have just declined?

Marcus just looked down. "I haven't seen you in such a long time... I'm just nervous... I don't know why..." he said softly, not looking at Christian in his eyes. He kept his head down and looked at his hands. He looked nervous still but he tried not to look nervous.

"I understand. Relax when you feel you're ready." Christian gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder and a small smile. The car was soon stopped outside a large, high-end apartment complex. John - the driver - got out and opened the door on Marcus' side, holding it. He slipped out after Marcus did, told John that he'd see him upstairs, and ushered Marcus inside and towards an elevator.

Marcus nodded his head and got out of the car, saying a silent thank you to John. He stood there waiting for Christian to lead the way. When he began walking, Marcus followed him and looked around curiously. He liked the building, it was modern and sleek. Once in the elevator Marcus took in a breath, feeling like he was suffocating. He kept his eyes on his feet as he waited for the elevator to get to Christians floor.

Christian stood in the elevator, hands shoved in the pockets of his dress slacks. Oddly enough, he didn't feel awkward. Christian never minded the silences people found so uncomfortable. The doors soon opened, leading right into his modernized apartment. "Home sweet home," he gave a dry sigh as he headed in and looked to Marcus, "Would you like me to show you to your room so you can put your things away?"

Marcus was busy looking around at everything, his eyes slightly wide. "Wow... your house is really nice," he said softly. He turned back to Christian and nodded his head when Christian offered to show him to his room first. He was starting to feel less awkward and more excited. He'd get to hang out with his best friend.

"Thanks," Christian called over his shoulder with a smile as he walked down a hall. "This way." Christian soon stopped outside a room and opened the door. The room was large; complete with a king size bed and walk in closet. "It's a guest room, let me know if..you want anything changed. I'm sure I can arrange it."

Marcus was wide eyed as he looked around in awe. He looked at Christian and composed himself, blushing in embarrassment. "Thank you.... For letting me stay here with you," he said softly. He shook his head when Christian asked him if he wanted to change anything. "No... Its perfectly fine for me," he said softly.

Christian offered a charming smile and chuckled. "What are friends for?" He leaned casually against the doorway, arms draping lazily over his chest as he gazed at him. "If you don't mind, I'm going to grab a shower while you settle in. Meet me in the den when you're finished? It's just down the hall to the left."

Marcus nodded his head, looking up at Christian. When he left, Marcus felt his cheeks dust with blush. He felt a tightening in his chest and butterflies in his stomach. He shook his head and began putting things away. He took off his shoes and left his jeans, shirt and sweater on. He put everything away in the bathroom and then went to the den. He took a seat like he normally did, his legs coming up and his head resting against them.

Christian soon arrived in the den after his shower. His hair was still damp and as he walked in, he was working with the buttons of his open button-down shirt. "Ah, Marcus," Christian tilted his head at Marcus' sitting position. "Have you made yourself comfortable? My home is your home."