-- you are currently reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Certainty by Ludwig Wittgenstein.

I do admire the editor's work to bring in all the notes together; there is some cohesion, but not much. Not that it's a problem since the ideas are still interesting. The subject of certainty is difficult, but I do admire Wittgenstein's style in making the area approachable enough to come to my own conclusions.

The Art of War ~ Ralph D. Sawyer translation
The Prince and the Pauper
& Black Powder War, Temeraire series.

The first is a philosophy war book written in ancient China by Sun-tzu and is interesting as a mindset for the time it was originally written. The second I have some personal love for due to very personal reasons and the final one is a part of a series that I love due to the very idea of intelligent dragons existing during the Neapolitan wars and how there are physical conflicts that are directed towards the characters that they must overcome and that then there are philosophical conflicts that are directed to the reader. That and there are many interesting concepts in the Temeraire series like meals that are specifically made for dragon's carnivorous tastes and battle formations and strategies formed specifically for dragons and dragon riders.

After I finish with this reading set I'll be reading the following:
Tao Te Ching ~ Gia-Fu & Jane English translation
Kingdom of Cults
& Empire of Ivory, Temeraire series

Its been four days...starting The Scorch Trials by James Dashner followed by the Death cure ....will update with the next book after Death Cure.

I'm reading two nonfiction books about the Plantengeants ! The Plantengeants were the longest ruling family in The English monarchy, ending with Richard III, and including such greats as Richard the Lionhearted , or his father Henry II. They're both by Desmond Seward.

One of them is called "The Devil's Brood", and goes through each king of the Plantengeant dynasty individually, describing their various rules and personal lives. He also includes some of the myths and legends associated with each of the rulers , and an assessment of them within the larger dynastic context at the end of their chapter.

The other one I'm reading is a book on the Plantengeants' toughest matriarch, Eleanor of Aquitaine. She was the wealthiest duchess of her century, and outlived both her husband, Henry II, and all of her children - which included Richard the Lionhearted, Geoffrey, and John.

I've got about a billion books I'm working through at any given time, but the one I brought on my trip to read in the car is Les Mis. It's pretty bulky, so it should last me a bit.

The Complete Books of Blood by Clive Barker
Trying to finish A Game of Thrones
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
And I'm trying desperately to avoid the temptation of rereading The Talisman. =/

A Clash of Kings

I'm almost done, woohoo!

The books I ordered came in and I finished reading When All the World Sleeps a few days ago. That was a dark book but one I greatly enjoyed. I am almost done reading Don't Let Me Go, and I am going to need something happy after this. Three chapters in and I wanted to cry. The whole book so far has pulled at my emotions. Of course it probably does not help that it is that time of month and my emotions are all over the place anyway, but still.

Just finished the Doomed City by the Strugatsky brothers. Soviet fiction has something I can't quite explain that sets it so far from the rest and I love it.

Next up.. Finishing the Art of the Deal, A Storm of Steel, and 40 things about Winston Churchill before getting to read Metro 2033.

I just finished the Artemis Fowl books, and the Tortall Chronicles of the Lioness books. I've started the Tortall: The Immortals series, and the Circle Of Magic series. In addition, I read some of Anno Dracula recently, and I've begun on Land of Lisp.

It's been a bookish month...

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I just finished the Artemis Fowl books, and the Tortall Chronicles of the Lioness books. I've started the Tortall: The Immortals series, and the Circle Of Magic series. In addition, I read some of Anno Dracula recently, and I've begun on Land of Lisp.

It's been a bookish month...
Omg another Tamora Pierce fan?? I literally have tears in my eyes.

Reactions: Kehvarl
Fight Club.

Now I'm working through another one of Palahniuk's books "Invisible Monsters."

Shit gets weird man.

I'm currently reading the last installment of the Raven Cycle, a series I have fallen deeply in love with. I want to know how the story ends but at the same time I don't want it to end. x_x It's so good, it makes me want to cry, haha.

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings. I tried to read it once before and for some reason gave up, probably through distraction or something, but I'm giving it another go and am determined to complete it. Absolutely love the Mistborn series so it's a requirement, really. Although saying that, the beginning of this book is slooooooooooow

1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.

I need to finish this as well sometime. Finished the first two books and then never got around to the third. Love Murakami.

Currently reading The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan.

Lying by Lauren Slater. She's got this really flowy way of writing, it's nice.

Just finished For the Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund yesterday. Then started Death Masks by Jim Butcher. I'm almost through with it, and then I'll start on The Kill Order by James Dashner. I'm hoping The Kill Order clears up a few lingering questions about the Maze Runner trilogy.

Sinner by Maggie Stefivater is my newest book.

Status
Not open for further replies.