-- you are currently reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aliens: Music of the Spears by Yvonna Navarro

I read great reviews about it, but I'm twenty or so pages in and its already annoying me. I'm sticking it out to see where it goes and if it gets better. What annoys me most is the plot convenience. A man literally crosses the entirety of Manhattan in 3 minutes because...no reason given. There's also ninja in the year 2124. Until its explained, this is going to bug me.

Currently listening to (Audible FTW) Storm of Swords. Read all 5 back to back on my last deployment and now I'm listening to them to catch all the little details I missed (also whoring up on the wiki to see what else there is). I'm so in love with these books (can't guarantee I won't read them again once I finish the audiobooks).

I have no self-control... Please stop me.

The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore

The Basic Political Writings of Jean-Jacques Rousseau

A Tyranny of Petticoats edited by Jessica Sportswood, with short stories written by a variety of female authors

War by Sebastian Junger

Ruin and Rising, by Leigh Bardugo.

The third in a trilogy, it has a fairly creative plot putting refinement, polish, and refreshing twists on old clichés, and I'm a sucker for that style.

also, even though the main character is hilariously straight, it has a cute lesbian couple in it too and I can't resist cute lesbian couples in fantasy stories (or any other type of story for that matter)

• Love
Reactions: Chat Noir
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.

Currently progressing through Alex Rider Russian Roulette by Anthony Horowitz

A History of the Ancient Near East ca. 3000-323 by Wiley Blackwell.

Just finished reading 'The Hidden Oracle' by Rick Riordan, but now reading 'Empire of Storms' by Sarah J Maas.

I'm reading some Mangas for the moment, specially the Resident Evil series :blacksmith:

Status
Not open for further replies.