Yokai academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Nil was tearing the place apart, the other customers that were lucky enough to make it out the door where whispering about some monster.
Monster? Aren't we all 'monsters' here?, thought Darso. As she continued to enter the restaurant a man gripped her arm,
"
Little miss, It's not safe to be in there. Come with me." He tried to tug Darso with him but she stood still.
"What do you mean it's not safe?"
"
There's a Gorgon in there!" Ahhh, so that's why it felt like Kyrina was avoiding me. Darso shrugged him off, and switching the roles by grabbing his arm.
"She happens to be my friend, and you shouldn't say mean things about my friends." She smiled sweetly, and began to squeeze his arm. In her human form her strength was weak. The skin that made up her arm turned to water and morphed into her dragon arm. The man screamed as the strength of her true arm crushed the bones. The look in his eyes was terror, which made Darso flinch letting go of his arm. He stumbled the rest of the way out. It's been a long time since someone looked at her like that and the memories from then began to attack her. She blinked her eyes and shook them away.

Nil was transforming back, and Darso looked at her arm. Now I definitely need water. From the corner of her eyes she could see Kyrina standing, her back faced the other way. Darso took the opportunity to to talk to Kyrina's back,
"I haven't seen much of the world beyond my island, so I'll admit I've never seen a Gorgon before... I don't know if you can hurt me, but that's okay. I'd still like to be friends." She placed her other arm, the still human arm, on Kyrina's shoulder.

She watched the ghoul eat the mans hand. She didn't know what to think..they were all monsters. This was normal for them wasn't it? Why did she feel...disgusted?
She watched as they all filed in to the restaurant. She still stood outside..watching the chaos slowly dissipate. Monsters were never well liked..especially since they practically shared the world with the humans. They were feared, tolerated and sometimes subjugated.

She heard Darso's voice behind her. She still wanted to be friends..even though she might hurt her!? tears welled in her eyes as she turned around and buried her head in Darsos chest, crying. This was what she had feared..the hatred..the panic...she hated it! She hated being a monster sometimes.

Nils sighed and went into the restaurant he quickly returned with a tray piled with various foods and several large cups of water "how about we eat outside huh? Stupid restaurant had terrible seats anyways.." He looked over at the two girls and awkwardly paused. "um..i will be over on the benches.." Nils walks down the path and sits on a bench. Discreetly watching the two in case anyone decides to harass them again

As Kyrina buried her head in Darso's chest, Darso reached her arm around hugging Kyrina tightly. Each tear that dropped onto Darso's skin was absorbed. She could feel a small twang of pain inside every tear. They stood for a few moments grasping onto one another. Darso heard Nil and nodded to his reply.
"Nil got us some food, why don't we go fill our empty stomachs?" She whispered gently into Kyrina's ear.

She nodded and wiped the tears from her eye, slowly making her way to the table with Nils. She sat across from him and took a little bit of the food on the table.
She kept her gaze on the table and didn't dare look around. She felt too embarrassed about what happened. She just wanted to sit there and be silent.

Nils looked at the two girls and sighed "look Kyrina...I know you feel like an outcast..but that's because people cant see you for who you are...and if they can then they can go screw themselves. You have us and we don't care. We are all scary, some of us are just scarier on the outside than the inside..."

She glanced up at him. "I sure hope so...there are sometimes i don't feel like a monster. You act like a monster more than I..you even ate that mans hand. You seem nice, but you definitely take on the 'persona' of a monster."
She shut her mouth after realizing what she said sounded awful and insulting.

"I'm..I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. That was wrong of me. It's just i don't act like a typical monster..i guess." She reached and grabbed another piece of food, stuffing it into her mouth so she wouldn't say anything more.

Nils laughed "yeah I guess you can say i am more in touch with my feral side. But that back there was more for show than anything. He tasted like lard anyways. and dont worry about what you said, its true that you dont act like a stereotypical monster like me. Thats why i get angry when you are treated badly just because of what you are..humans call that racism and I thought monsters were better than that..."

Darso watched the two of them talk, she couldn't find any words to contribute which made her feel awkward. Speaking of awkward, Darso looked down at her dragon arm, oops. She took one of the large cups of water, but it wasn't enough so she began another one. The 2nd cup allowed her to finally transform her arm back to Human shape. But seeing the other large cups of water was tempting her senses, and Kyrina and Nils were talking, so Darso grabbed two more cups. Nils Laughed as he made his comments.
"Wouldn't that make you an "un-stereotypical" monster?" She questioned Nils taking another drink,
"I mean in the human world a 'monster' does harmful and evil things as part of its nature, while you clearly stated you do harmful things in the thoughts of helping or protecting. So instead of being the beast that is slain by the knight. In this scenario, would you not be the knight instead?" Among the last gulps she realized she had drank most of the cups of water.
"Sorry about the water guys... I was kinda thirsty."

She smiled. "Thanks Nils. I appreciate it."
She turned to Darso. "Don't worry about it..i don't mind." She smiled as she sat there. This was definitely different than what she expected. She half expected to either get picked out much more than she had so far...or been shunned by people for being a gorgon.

It was nice to hear these guys say such things to her. She hoped that they weren't just spouting things she wanted to hear...still, it was nice.
"Um...after we're done here, what should we do?"
She was going to wait for them to answer, but a large amount on commotion down the street caught her attention. A large anthro wolf stormed down the street..a pack of various minions behind him.

Her snakes began to stir and hiss slightly. She could tell this was going to be trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.