Xavier's Institute IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

CaptainObvious

All Aboard!
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Online Availability
All day 'er day .. jk I sleep ... I'm doing research now so I'm online a lot and check here periodically
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
[[OOC HERE]]

"For petes sake Jack, would you let go"
Penny grumbled. Jack sat beside her in the doctors office patting her hand like a pet rabbit and pouting apologetically.
"But I'm here to comfort you!" he argued.
"I don't need comfort. It's just a scratch."
"A scratch you wouldn't have gotten if I'd been paying attention"

Penny winced as the doctor manipulated the gash on her arm and shoulder to knit together. It wasn't a life-threatening wound, but it needed treatment.
The dutiful doctor ignored the two bickering students ... it was a somewhat normal scene for her. A combat wound from outside field training gone awry.
"You would have been paying attention if you hadn't been staring at Callum's butt the whole time."
Jack let out a frustrated groan and face-palmed.
"It's an object of beauty Pen. Perfectly sculpted and-"
"Would you just ask him out already? I'm sick of listening to you wax poetic about him and do nothing about it."
"It's not that simple Pen. There has to be a chase. There has to be romance. There has to-"
"Be a great big drama whenever you're involved."
she rolled her eyes and slid off the edge of the examination table once her arm was bandaged up.

Alice stepped into the examination room with a stern look and arms folded over her chest. She'd been supervising the combat exercise so of course she was responsible for everything ... Damn kids getting carried away with things and getting hurt.
"What did we learn today?" she asked with ample skepticism.
"Penny can't dodge?"
Alice gave Jack a withering glare.
"You put yourself forward to be Penny's shield in the exercise. When we work as a team, we compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses. Penny lacks your physical defences but she can buffer your powers. When you work together, you work as a unit. But Penny-"
Penny sighed as she prepared to get her half of the lecture.
"You have been skipping your self defence classes. Even though you should be able to rely on Jack to help you when you work as partners within a team, that's no excuse to shirk your own responsibilities. Go on, off with you both then, the exercise is over."

The morning was still relatively young and the pair returned to the training field to eat lunch and watch the other mutants come and go around campus. People-watching was an activity Penny and Jack could enjoy in equal measure it seemed even though they had little else in common.
"Callum's looking right this way. Go on! GO!" Penny pushed Jack forward and turned to walk away, retreating to a shady tree to watch from a safe distance.

With her tutorials and classes on a brief break, Alice found herself stuck with the horrible task of sitting in during another one of the schools "crisis meetings". THey'd been considerably more common of late. The hostilities between Inhumans and Mutants was bubbling steadily and could boil over at any moment. Alice didn't think they were really all that different. Both Mutants and Inhumans had marvellous abilities that were feared and hated by regular humans, the source of these abilities was different, sure, but ... they had more in common than differences.
Granted, she was very very biased. She was dating an Inhuman in secret. A secret she protected with her life because she really wasn't sure what would happen if it got out. She was fortunate that she wasn't the only staff member who had some sympathy or aspirations to peacefully resolve the conflict between the two. She feared if she were alone in her opinion, she may become suspicious. That said, those who seriously opposed the Inhumans weren't exactly alone in their ranks either.
"Sorry I'm late ... training accident. Nothing serious. So, where were we?" she eased into her seat and hoped and hoped that today wasn't the day someone decided to declare an all out war.

Reactions: Gands
Sitting high within a tree Octavia lightly strummed the cords of her guitar. Listening closely she tuned the instrument through only hearing alone. Giving it a light strum she listened closely to it. Feeling it vibrate perfectly she gave the instrument a hug. Looking down she heard the voices of two she knew.. well enough that she could easily figure out who the voices belonged to. Tilting her head she crawled to the edge of the large branch she was sitting on and leaned over the edge. Biting her lip she couldn't help but listen in more intently. Hearing talk of Callum she looked up to see if she could see him.

With the tree leaves blocking her view she returned to focusing on those below her. Once Jack was pushed away Octavia began to descend. Moving entirely in silence the only signs of someone in the tree were the leaves falling every so often. Now sitting directly above penny she held onto the branch and began to hang over it. Red hair cascading down she wanted to see if she could spook the woman. But, her hair wasn't long enough. Pulling herself back up she sat there for a few moments before silently coming down.

If Penny hadn't been paying attention the chances of her hearing Octavia were slim to none. But, if she did the appearance of Octavia beside her wouldn't seem as sudden as it actually was. But, with her eyes out observing the incoming drama, she thought it was the best time to do it. After standing there for a few seconds Octavia adjusted the guitar before finally poking Penny. Giving a small wave she smiled.​

Jaime Campos DeVasquez aka El Toro

MV5BMTkzMTcyNzg5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk3NTU1NQ@@._V1_.jpg

Jaime watched from a bit away as Jack was convinced to approach the other boy. Jack was kind of a rival here at Xavier's. Very similar power set. Jack has a diamond armored body, sometimes. Jaime healed really quick but was a little less invulnerable. He liked Jack and Penny both. Penny was okay as long as you didn't want to get to know her. She has a very active impossible to get thing going.

He watched the redhead show up. She too was difficult to talk to. It's okay Jaime thought to himself. He suspected he was the only straight student in the place. Just the same, most of the student's he has met seemed friendly enough. Just no use trying to get close to any one in that way.

He had his turn this morning, playing bodyguard for the first time in one of these exercises. He did his job, keeping a partner out of danger. Frankly, he didn't remember even who his partner was. On the positive side, he was able to keep control in a pseudo-combat situation. Now he was working on enjoying the sun and blue sky and reading a mystery novel.

Last week he read up on Psychology. He had been trying to get an idea about himself. He hoped distancing himself would make it easier to keep his temper. He thought perhaps it was similar to what he thought Penny might be doing only weaker. Jaime had his doubts, but for now, the quiet & distant persona was what he would present.

giphy.gif
Mentioned: @CaptainObvious ; Penny, Jack. @Angelic Fusion ; Octavia. Interacted: @Gands ; Jaime.

Call him optimistic, but Ansell could just feel that it was going to be a great day. It was something in the weather that just carried good things; the wind was just right, the sun shining and hiding behind the sparse clouds, bathing the training field in a warmth that just inspired him to get up and go. His morning had gone in the same cheery stroke, waking up at the crack of dawn to get ready for what might've been his favorite part of the school: field training.

It was just - fun, it was nothing but fun. The
exercises they got to run were fun to watch and participate in, and with his power, there was always the chance that he got to play a baddi- villain. He'd high five a willing student and they'd jump right in. Today hadn't been so eventful, Ansell being set to the sidelines for the exercises for the morning. He didn't fret, the day was just beginning and there was still time to get into the thick of things.

For the time being, Ansell stretched. Hands in the grass, sneakers wiggling as he tried to stay straight, Ansell did a handstand. Tank top tucked into his shorts, Ansell was certainly dressed for comfort, and with the freedom his training clothes provided, he was even getting in a decent warm up. It'd been a while since he worked his arms, and doing a few dozen overturned pushups would help get the blood flowing.

Counting out his reps under his breath, Ansell's hair fell into the grass, his braids askew around him as sweat beaded down his face. Tossing his weight onto one hand, Ansell wiped the sweat out of his eyes, vision blurring and focusing onto the students gathering around a tree. He narrowed his eyes, trying to flip the scene in his head to make out just who he was looking at. Jack, obviously. He didn't know another blonde that awkward around a boy. There wasn't any harm in talking to the fellow, but it seemed like the walking tank's greatest weakness was being direct. "Poor guy," he muttered, gaze flickering to the next student, his expression fell and he nearly lost his balance.

Penny. Uh, she was okay. Her reputation likely preceded her, but there was something about the girl that just repelled Ansell. Fear, perhaps. Maybe self-preservation instincts.

The guitarist was something of a mystery to him, however. He'd seen her before, of course, but he couldn't recall if they'd officially met. She seemed cool enough from a distance, maybe they could chat later if they crossed paths.

Closest to him was the ever so quiet Jaime, nose in his book and seeming to be in a good mood. Ansell had watched his part in the morning's session, he'd been glad to see that neither the boy's temper nor his powers slipped from his control. Eyes staying on him, Ansell hummed to himself, lips pursing as he thought over the possibility of striking up a chat with him. Ansell hadn't seen him take part in any of the recent sessions, and, in the same vein, neither had Ansell. It could be fun, Ansell thought, if they landed on the same team.

Chuckling alone, Ansell walked on his hands towards the boy, secretly hoping he didn't notice him approach. To tell the truth, Ansell was hoping to get a bit of a surprise out of him.

Creeping closer to Jaime, Ansell could hardly contain his snickering. From below, Ansell spotted a book in Jaime's hands. He couldn't quite make it out, yet, but that was only reason to come closer. When he was just within a few feet of him, Ansell spoke up, voice coming from the grass.

"Book any good?" He asked suddenly, a smile practically heard in his voice. "Let me guess, The Art of War?"

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gands
Jaime Campos De Vasquez. Aka El Toro

Jaime twitched a bit as Ansell approached. He technically heard the other boy but had been concentrating on his book.

165358.jpg

"Art of war ? Naah, I've been stuffing my head with Psychology books Ansell. Felt like my head was getting stuffed with cotton. So one of the professors recommended this mystery. ( He showed his book to the Ansell ) . So far so good, a little whimsical, just what I needed. "

He had met Ansell a couple of times around the school. So, as much as he hated to admit it, this one guy, threw his whole distant and uncaring project to hell. Something about Ansell just clicked with Jaime. His presence relaxed El Toro and made things incredibly easy to deal with most anything. Oh well, he thought to himself, life makes exceptions.

" So Ansell, how can I project my distant and uncaring profile with you around ? Now, all I can do is smile Damnit ! "

Jaime playfully shook his hand at the sky.

"Darn you Ansell ! I'll get my revenge somehow " This was said in his best dramatic Super villain voice.

" Yeah, so anyway, for the last several months, I've been going through Psych books to try and fight my furious inner nature my friend. It seems to have paid some dividends this morning. ! "

Why had he opened up like that ? He didn't think that was Ansell's power. Was this what it was like to have a real friend ?

@Ragamoofin

@Gands

From the moment Jaime had cracked a smile, Ansell's beaming grin only got bigger, happiness turning to delight that he'd gotten his persona to crumble so easily. In all fairness, it wasn't hard. Jaime seemed looser around him than he did with other students, more willing to say what he felt, not what he wanted people to think. Ansell took a special sort of pride in that fact. Jaime deserved a good laugh just like anybody else, he was just glad he could get him open enough. Still upturned, Ansell's sneakers swayed in the air, the boy holding his feet together like a head, pointing them around like he was shaking his head at Jaime's ''promise'' of revenge on him.

"Oh, no. Oh, sob. Whatever shall I do?" Ansell attempted to whine, the giggle building in his chest weakening his arms. "Help, woe is me. The dreaded El Toro is going to bear hug me to death!" Feet dropping, Ansell's voice turned to a steady monotone. "Is there any crueler fate." Face cracking, Ansell's arms finally gave out from under him, collasping in a fit of laughter. "You- excuse me, you can't act cold and distant around me! I won't allow it! Plus, Jaime, girls like boys who wear their heart on their sleeves. It's charming, trust me." Collecting himself, Ansell sat in the grass, throwing his braids out of his face and down his back. "Nice book, it looks cute. Makes me wish we could have pets, I want a cat so bad." He sighed, knowing that, in the school full of mutants, wasn't allowed.

Expression turning serious as Jaime mentioned his nature, Ansell's lips came together in a frustrated purse. There wasn't anything to joke about there, and he didn't want to risk upsetting Jaime by making light of it.
"You've been doing great from what I can see, Jaime," Ansell said lowly, just in case someone was listening in on them. "You did amazing in the exercise today, so, um, keep at it!" Wearing an encouraging smile, Ansell gave El Toro a double thumbs up. "You're gonna be a incredible X-Man, I can feel it." Touching his chest, Ansell patted his breastbone. "In here," Eyes drifting down, Ansell patted his chest again, cheeks bulging before he burped. "No, wait. That was just gas." Face kept the same, Ansell looked up at Jaime for his reaction. Laugh, he thought, please.

Last edited:
Penny was difficult to sneak up on ... Since she could manipulate mutant energy, it was like she had an extra sense of smell or hearing, she could just feel mutant energy around her. That ... and the unnatural rustling of the trees was a dead give away that someone was up there.

If Octavia had tried to sneak up on her during the first couple of days of living at the academy, she'd have easily succeeded, but Penny quickly learned just how weird some mutants could be. Scaling trees or lurking inside the water fountain were no longer "seriously weird" they were just "seriously normal mutant things".

She didn't flinch, or even glance at Octavia when the girl finally revealed herself and shuffled down beside Penny.
Penny wasn't an easy person to befriend. Hell, Jack was like a sidekick, whenever Penny was around, Jack was usually not too far away, but she adamantly denied they were anything other than schoolmates, they certainly weren't best friends and you're stupid for thinking that.... Jack stuck around because he was persistent, most others didn't really giver Penny much time or thought.

"What do you want Octavia?"
she asked flatly without even looking at the quiet girl ... Octavia was more than just quiet, she was a full blown mute.

Considerably less mute ... Jack had burst through his paper-thin shell of shyness. Once the boy started flirting ... he went all the way with it. Unfortunately ... despite his knack for chat up lines, Callum was in no mood for it ...
Straight? Maybe ...
Not interested? Definitely ...

Whatever Jack had said, it had traipsed over the thin line that separated awkward-gay-guy-jokes-you-can-shrug-off and ... HELL NO! Callum, a guy with ... some kind of explosive abilities ... hit Jack square in the chest with a charge that knocked him back several feet. His mutant abilities immediately kicked in, much to his benefit and his skin hardened, utterly impenetrable, glancing off Callum's blows. It happened within the blink of an eye. His body looked as if it had been encased in a thin film of glass or crystal. He hadn't gone full-diamond, just strong enough to shrug off Callum's hit. Callum hadn't been trying to kill him of course, but certainly wanted to make his rejection loud and clear.

Jack landed on the grass with a considerably loud "thud", creating a shallow crater around him where his incredibly dense skin had added tremendous weight and force into his fall.
He was winded, but not at all wounded and after a moment of looking at the clouds with a stupid, dazed stare, his skin shimmered before melding back to normal and he groaned in frustration.

Jaime Compos De Vasquez aka El Toro

Jaime watched Ansell continue to react playfully, happy and a little teasing, though now he wore a smile.

" Yeah Ansell, you are completely right. I can't even pretend so much around you. Some secret power maybe ? ( wider smile here )."

At the gas joke, Jaime laughed in spite of himself.

" If we get made a team Ansell, I'll have to let you take a little of my power, just so you can get used to it. I just wouldn't want you to get my anger eh ? "

Just then Callum blasted Jack, obviously knocking the other boy several feet across the field.

Ansell could feel the steam ( figuratively ) begin to rise from Jaime, who slowly got up to walk over towards Callum. Perhaps it was a figment of Ansell's imagination, but he thought maybe Jaime's eyes turned red.

{ |Under his breath } " Pinche Pendejo "

He began walking towards Callum, wary and ready to dodge a bolt, but with a deep desire to clobber the other boy.

@CaptainObvious @Ragamoofin @Angelic Fusion

Looking at Penny the noise of commotion got her attention. Like a bat she homed in on the noise. Poking the woman twice she pointed out just as Jack came flying back. He took the hit like a champion but that didn't excuse the fact that a student just attacked another without it being a training session. Seemingly more interested in what was happening she placed her guitar against the tree. Not able to remember if Penny knew sign language she didn't bother even trying to respond.

It was tough not being able to speak. But, she had gotten used to it. Didn't make it any easier though. Crossing her arms she prepared for the ensuing drama. But things took another drastic turn as Jaime began to move towards Callum. Blinking twice she decided getting involved wasn't the best idea. She didn't like interacting with many people to begin with, let alone break up a fight in which she could get injured to injure someone.

Slinking away from the scene slightly she took a seat at the bottom of the tree and let her legs stretch out. Leaning back against it she yawned quietly. Picking up her guitar she thought about playing it but just let it sit in her lap. Glancing up at Penny she once more thought of trying to communicate but hesitated. Letting out a sigh she just stopped bothering.​

@Angelic Fusion ; Octavia @CaptainObvious ; Jack, Penny @Gands ; Jaime​

Ansell scoffed at the mention of another power, halfheartedly rolling his eyes at the idea.
"No, the coordinators' are terrified of me as it is, if I get any more they might just lock me up and have me attend classes with a drone." Ansell was only kidding, but his joke was based in some truth. His ability wasn't exactly the best for close areas, and he'd had quite enough flareups when things got...out of hand. Besides, the last time he checked, he couldn't read minds so having some intrusive power wasn't very realistic. Psychic abilities always left him with an odd pressure on his mind, and aspirin didn't help.

Chuckling at Jaime's musing of them teaming up, Ansell wiggled his fingers towards him, pretending as if he was going in for a quick touch.
"Are you sure? I'm not sure the school could handle two of us stomping around." Hands freezing in the air, Ansell brought a finger to his lips, eyes peering upward as he thought over the possibility of using Jaime's powers. "But I suppose I wouldn't be much of a bull, would I? Maybe I'd be a pitbull, but El Pitbull doesn't have the same ring, does it?" An amusing thought, nonetheless. "Maybe some other time, I don't think I've taken you for a whirl yet." Balling his fists, Ansell gave a short jab towards Jaime. "Imagine that, but if I were a dump truck, and the dump truck had hands. And boxing gloves. Sounds painful, huh?"

Bursting out in another laughing fit, Ansell nearly choked when an explosion rocked the field, head swirling around and eyes wide at the scene playing out near the tree. Jack had been knocked back, more than that, he'd been blown back. He didn't look hurt, Ansell thought it was all but impossible to really hurt him unless you were really trying, but still - that wasn't cool. Glaring over the field, Ansell spotted - Jack's crush?
"Geez, was the pickup line that bad?" He chuckled, albeit nervously. Roughhousing was fine by him, but that guy could've really hurt Jack. "I've heard of letting someone down easy, and that definitely wasn't it." Sighing, Ansell shrugged, eyes lingering on Jack for a moment longer. "He'll walk it off," he muttered, turning back towards Jaime. "Jack's a tough-" or rather, where Jaime had been. "...guy?"

Head spinning again, Ansell briefly stared at Jaime's back, the boy walking in the direction of Jack's ex-crush.

Oh.

Oh no.

"Jaime!" Ansell exclaimed, jumping to his feet and dashing out in front of Jaime, hands out in front of him. "Jaime! Buddy! What's the matter?" Ansell wore an excruciatingly worried smile, eyes darting towards Jack and his crush who, if Jaime got his hands on him, about to be crushed. "J-Jack'll be fine! Really! No need to get upset, buddy. What's a few slugs between crushes?" Walking backwards in front of Jaime, Ansell took care not to touch him. He'd rather get Jaime to settle down without having to physically take him down. "Jaime, please. Tell me about your book! What's the cat got to do with anything?" Ansell was desperate, this was not good.

Last edited:
Penny didn't have time to initiate any real conversation with Octavia, if conversation was even possible. Jaime was plenty eager to fight Jack's battles for him.
"Wait right here." she warned Octavia ... not that she had any authority to boss anyone around, if Octavia wanted to run around like a lunatic that was her prerogative but if she got knocked on her butt, she couldn't say Penny didn't warn her first.

Penny pulled herself up and yanked Jack up to his feet so he could dust himself off.
"He's just playing hard to get." he concluded, though that might be hard for some to believe, Jaime certainly seemed to think otherwise with the way he was skulking toward Callum.

Penny caught up to Jaime in a handful of long strides. The slightest touch and his powers were temporarily wound down ... it would only last a handful of seconds, she didn't think he needed an extended timeout after all.
"Cool it, Human Torch" she said calmly, Callum gave her a playful wink that she didn't return.
"I told him to do it." she admitted without an ounce of remorse.

Jack's jaw dropped and he clutched his chest as if he'd been shot (not that that would do much to him, he had diamond-tough skin). Penny shot Jack a withering gaze.
"You what?!"
"Next time we have an exercise together. Do a better job watching my back ass-hole." she gestured between Jack and Callum, "You two have a date on Saturday. The diner downtown, you know the one. You're both welcome."

Penny brushed her hair over her shoulder and folded her arms over her chest. She completely ignored Jack who, now fully recovered from his trauma attempted to wrangle her into a hug.
"I love you Penny."
"The feeling isn't mutual. Don't screw this up or next time I'll depower your abilities before someone shoots you."
Jack chuckled and let her go, winking at Jaime, "That's Pen's way of saying 'I love you too'"

Ansel seemed to be the only one who had an ounce of sense, trying to talk Jaime out of doing something incredibly stupid ... that was the thing with mutants ... some of them had devastating powers and quick tempers, it was a dangerous mix.

• Love
Reactions: Ragamoofin
Seeing the entire scenario begin to unfold she pulled her knees up to her chest and just watched. But, of course it fell apart before anything terrible happened. Tilting her head slightly she looked up at Penny as she walked away. She wanted to say something, but she couldn't. Frowning she watched before finally getting up and moving over there. Unable to keep her curiosity at bay she watched the entire scene. It seemed after all that the entire scenario was just one setup by Penny.

Stomach rumbling she decided that getting something to eat was on her agenda. Taking one last look at the group she walked away. Going into the mansion she made her way into the kitchen. Grabbing a bowl she got herself cereal and began to eat.​

Interactions: @Angelic Fusion (Octavia)
Outfit: Reference

Tiffany had been outside obsessively dribbling a soccer ball between her feet. When things had started going down she had just watched warily. When she had first gotten to the institution, she used to butt into fights and try to smooth things over. That method was good for other students, but not the ones involved in this particular incident. Her conclusion was further proved when the 'almighty queen Penny' approached and the soon to be fight collapsed in on itself. The gathered students began to scatter and Tiff suddenly found that she was bored with her activity, and chose to follow Octavia inside.

Tiff opted for the entire box of cereal instead of a bowl and chewed loudly as she considered the ginger in front of her. "Are you bored, Octopus? Cause I'm hella bored. We should do something." She said around a mouthful of cereal. "Wanna watch a movie? Ohh wanna do a prank? We can buy a bunch of goldfish and put them in the fountain! Or fuck--let's spray oil on the floor call some suckers in here an' watch the magic!" She snickered at the thought of the chaos.

Last edited:
@Cosmic Penguin (Tiffany-Kitchen)
Octavia
Outfit
Watching Tiffany take a seat near her she offered a friendly smile before setting into her cereal. Her stomach rumbled lightly, she was more than just hungry. Watching the box of cereal disappear from where she put it she stared before hearing several crunches next to her. Looking over she waited until TIffany placed it down once more to pour more into her bowl. Passing it back to her she listened as Tiffany spoke. Tilting her head she wasn't sure what was was talking about. She wasn't an octopus. What did that mean? Was it a pet name or did she do something odd?

Lost in thought for a moment she came back to hear her ideas of fun. Feeling alittle shy in regards to doing something wrong she seemed to shrink alittle before beginning to blush. Taking some of the cereal from the box she placed it on the table before arranging them in a way to be read more easily. She couldn't remember if Tiffany knew ASL and opted for the direct way. Spelling out Movie she then began to think on what she ever wanted to watch. Clicking her tongue she began to rearrange them once more. 'Horror' it spelled out before she began to quickly arrange them once more. 'Sci-fi or modern' she finished.

Eating two other bowls she thought about what to get for the movie. Tiffany seemed hyper, it was bound to be an interesting time. She enjoyed her personality alot, it was one that brought her out of her shell. Standing up she gently nudged Tiffany with a smirk before taking her bowl and the milk from the table. Putting them both away she turned back to Tiffany and stood there for a few moments. Tapping the side of her head she turned around again and began to take out popcorn and pringles. Bending over she began to root through the chocolate drawer. Taking out two candy bars she stood up and closed it. Handing one to Tiffany she motioned to her before nodding. She was ready to watch a movie.​

Jaime Campos De Vasquez aka El Toro

Jaime was still in control, if only just as he marched towards Callum. He didn't feel entirely right about ignoring Ansell. But, the narrow path of staying in control and approaching Callum demanded his full attention.

Then Penny got his attention, relieving him of his power and the dreaded anger that went with it. He took a long breath and relaxed, turning towards her while he mentally prepared for the onslaught if it's return.

" Be careful Pretty Penny, someday you're going to take my power long enough to get the anger that goes with it. "

With that he closed his eyes for a moment, taking a long calming breath as everything returned. Games, Penny was playing games. He would have thought her smarter than that. Someone could have gotten hurt. And Callum, an ass of the highest or lowest caliber depending how you measured such things. He glowered over at the Callum for a moment, deciding that he certainly wasn't worth the risk and turned away slowly. He gave a nod of acknowledgement to Jack, his rival before heading back to his book.

{ Turning back to Ansell with another long breath } "Sorry Ansell, I have a thing about protecting my friends. I am pretty sure I was in control, otherwise I would have been running that way instead of walking. The whole thing was dumb. Callum is an ass and Penny is risking people getting hurt to set up a joke on Jack. Maybe staying here is too risky."

With that he sat down next to his book as if to start reading.

" The cat and the dog are the main point of the book I think Ansell"

@Ragamoofin @CaptainObvious .

Reactions: Ragamoofin
@Gands ; Jaime​

Oh. Oh, that was just - gosh, Ansell didn't feel right even considering the word. His hands curled near his chest as Jaime ended his slow charge and turned away, Ansell left standing nearly frozen to the spot. His face was growing dark at his cheeks, his heart racing in his chest and his face burning from the rush of blood. Penny had concocted the whole thing, which took a bit of forethought, that he was sure of. It was a rotten revenge, one that almost led to something worse. Ansell could only assume it was times like these that gave the girl such a infamous reputation.

Ansell looked on the verging of saying something to her just as Jaime issued his warning. Stunned back into shutting his mouth, Ansell hurried off behind Jaime. Jack was nice, but something told him it wasn't smart to make threats to the girl he was joined at the hip to. A few moments of speedwalking later, and the tree was behind him.

Jaime's reasoning for his near miss tantrum only earned him a wry look from Ansell, his stare hardening into an all out glare before he looked away.
"Enjoy your book, Jaime," Ansell said earnestly, walking on past him, back towards the mansion. "Try not to pick anymore fights?"

The weather had been getting a little sunny for his tastes, and once inside the mansion, Ansell couldn't imagine anything better than a cold drink. Now, where was the kitchen again?

@Ragamoofin
@Gands

" Be careful Pretty Penny, someday you're going to take my power long enough to get the anger that goes with it. "

"It takes a lot to make me angry." she retorted, "Jack's got a thicker head than you so I don't think I'll need to warn you not to piss me off."
Penny was happy to leave the rest of the pep-squad in her dust. If they wanted to play happy families that was fine but they wouldn't last two seconds in the real world and the teachers seemed just as eager to facilitate their unrealistic fantasy rather than teach them anything useful. If anything, blowing Jack up was doing them a favour, it wasn't even a scratch for him and he had a date.

Jack waited until Penny was out of earshot, although she had uncanny hearing abilities ... maybe she had mutant hearing as well, no ... that was just paranoia speaking!. He leaned over to Jaime and whispered.
"You shouldn't call her Pretty Penny ... she'll think you're being condescending and she haates that."
Jack sort of felt like he had to be an ambassador of Pennysville or something. She pushed everyone away with such unbelievable force one could think she was the one with enhanced strength, he knew underneath there was someone really loving ... After all, she wouldn't have orchestrated a date if she didn't have a heart ... she'd just had to show a little tough love first.

"The whole thing was dumb. Callum is an ass and Penny is risking people getting hurt to set up a joke on Jack. Maybe staying here is too risky."

Jack scoffed, "I think you mean 'Callum is a fine piece of ass." he giggled ... and sighed, grinning stupidly, utterly unaffected by the trauma of getting punked by his best friend.
"Hey, don't get all dramatic, Penny was right there, nothing happened. You know her power is to switch people off right? She wouldn't let anything get out of hand. You guys just don't know her."

Ansell wandered off, which seemed fair enough, Jaime was going to just quietly enjoy reading his book in peace- ... No ... of course not, Jack was as sharp as a hammer ... Which meant that he wasn't ... He was brute-force-bluntness and had decided to hang with Jaime regardless.

"You don't have to try defend me y'know, my skin is basically unbreakable so I don't even feel a thing." he chattered, whether or not Jaime wanted him to keep him company.
He glanced down at his now-singed suede jacket and groaned.
"Awh man, this one was vintage."
He shrugged off his jacket and sat on it beside Jaime ... if he wanted rid of him, he'd have to be as blunt as Penny could be and tell him to piss off!

Jaime Campos De Vasquez aka El Toro.

As Ansell's back was turned and he was walking away, " Sorry Ansell " It wasn't very loud though.

Then Jack..and more Jack. He put the book down and sighed.

" Okay Jack, its like this.. it's how I am wired. If someone I like is attacked, I feel the need to help, to defend him or her. That incident gave the appearance of being wrong. Dead wrong to attack you for such little reason. I warned Penny because it's quite true... I can get... very angry... and it was never the case before I changed. I do believe that that anger comes and goes with that power. I didn't know about Pretty Penny. I'll take your word about how nice she is. I am not sure I want to risk any difficulties around her. If something were to go wrong.... I'd feel very badly. I have come to think of you as a friendly Rival Jack. Our powers are similar. You are harder to hurt, I am a bit faster and have a healing gift. "

"There... I haven't talked so much since the last time I saw the Psychologist. "

He started to pick up his book. So much for making friends he thought to himself. One morning and pretty much back to square one.

@CaptainObvious @Ragamoofin

Interactions: @Angelic Fusion (Octavia)
Outfit: Reference

See, this is what she liked about Octavia. She didn't get pissed because Tiffany reached into the box! And she didn't scoff at her 'manners'. Maybe it was because the other girl didn't talk but there were other ways to express dislike and Octavia didn't show any. She didn't get mad about the nicknames either. Tiffany remembered when she had first come to the institution and called a few choice people some of what she thought were appropriate nicknames, and they had gotten hella pissed. She never got the whole 'disliking nicknames' thing. Nicknames were awesome and brought you closer together!

Not discouraged by Octavia's lack of prankster energy--she would fix that eventually--Tiffany began getting amped up for the movie. She had pegged the guitar strumming girl as a rom com-esque person. Tiffany didn't care much for rom coms, herself but any movie became entertaining when you watched them with friends. She was very surprised when the girl spelled out, 'Horror' then 'Sci-fi or Modern'. She had not been expecting that.

"Hell yeah! I love scary movies!" Tiffany practically crowed as Octavia gathered the snacks. The two headed to one of the common rooms that housed a smart TV and Tiffany began browsing the expansive digital horror library. "How 'bout Alien? Cloverfield? Paranormal Activity?" She rambled as she clicked the remote.

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
Kitchen --> Room for movies
@Cosmic Penguin : Tiffany
Octavia
Grabbing the food she glanced over at Tiffany as they walked. Looking through the rooms they finally found one that they could use. Closing the door behind them Octavia flopped down on the couch like a sack of bricks. Bouncing once of the cushion she smirked. Laughing alittle she realized how childish she must look. But, dismissing it a moment later she didn't care. Afterall, Tiffany had never judged her. On Top of that she was one of the few that she didn't mind being around. Not expecting her to speak was something she relished. Some people still didn't know she couldn't.

Leaning back on the couch she acted like she was going to sprawl out on it entirely but stopped at the last second to let Tiffany on. Watching her she waited as she began to comb through the digital library. Pondering the titles as they flew down the screen she caught one that peaked her interested. Thinking on how to convey her want she decided to place her hand over Tiffanys and direct the menu down and onto it. Picking the movie IT she remembered reading the book awhile ago when she first arrived at the school. Since then, she hasn't had a chance to see the new movie.

Letting go of Tiffany's hand she smiled. Having one hell of a sweet tooth began to show as she dug into the bag of gummy bears she brought with. Eating close to a handful within a few seconds she stopped, looked over at Tiffany then back down at the bag before holding it out.​