Xavier's Institute IC

Mentions: @CaptainObvious ; Penny. @Gands ; Jaime

Interacted: @Angelic Fusion ; Octavia. @Cosmic Penguin ; Tiffany.

Once inside the mansion, it took only a few moments for Ansell to breathe through the adrenaline in his blood and put himself in the right direction. As he walked along familiar halls, Ansell's mind was still back on the field. It was like him to overthink, especially when things were well and truly out of his hands, but that certainly hadn't stopped him before. It was just -

Had Jaime actually been on the warpath, how could he stop him? How could he prevent Jaime from hurting people? His touch often made more problems than it solved, and he wasn't anything like - like her, like
Penny. She could end a fight before it began, and it was a small wonder that she'd defused the tension so easily. Then again, what else was expected from the infamous Tripswitch?

Finding the kitchen, and a few cabinets missing a few of his favorite snacks, Ansell made due on his refreshment with the fruit that was left out. Resting his elbow on the sink counter, Ansell dug into his bowl of various slices, kiwi and strawberries picked up by his fork. His gaze fell on the muted TV in the corner of the kitchen, the local news left on but ignored. Ansell wondered if that was some kind of weird irony.

It wasn't hard to guess what was being reported; the headlines said it all, yet another mutant scare being cooked up.
"Mutants Tracked To Inner City" didn't make Ansell feel anything but sympathy for the poor mutants being hounded by the authorities. With all the pressure from the fear, it was headlines like that one that made him stay on campus.

Now that he thought about it, things might've gotten worse for the field members. Recent X-Men, newly appointed and eager to get out, Ansell hoped things were going alright with them.

Thought of the field students popping into his head, Ansell found the remote to the TV on the counter, flipping through the channels until he landed on the special one. The channel that was less of a broadcast and more of a live feed to the real training grounds:
The Danger Room.

"Ah, man, just in time, too!"
Ansell cheered quietly, taking a bite of a chunk of mango. The Danger Room hadn't been fired up just yet, but the makings of the simulated battleground could be seen over the feed. Gathering his bowl, Ansell turned off the set before making a beeline to the door. Danger Room sessions were serious business, but the students in there were arguably the best of the newcomers, and seeing what they could do was always a thrill to watch.

Hurrying around the corner, Ansell ducked into the movie room, hand over his bowl to keep it from spilling. Dash slowing into a stuttering halt, Ansell's mouth dropped at the sight of not the Danger Room feed, but - movies. Shoulders slumping, Ansell sighed to himself, noticing the head of red hair from before.
"Oh," he mumbled, speaking to himself. "There you are." The other, he wasn't sure of. Identifying students by hair wasn't a power of his.

Eyes locking onto the passed bags of gummy worms and chips, Ansell wore a frown.
"Geez, is Syfy having another Sharknado marathon?" Ansell gestured to the small hoard Octavia and her company had gathered. "Not exactly the healthiest breakfast in mind, huh?"

Reactions: Mundane Monster
@Gands

"If someone I like is attacked, I feel the need to help, to defend him or her."
"That's why people like you ... You stand up for the little guy" Jack agreed. "But don't put yourself on the firing line too much okay... you could get hurt."

Jack could appreciate the gesture, of course, but a joke between friends was nothing worth getting expelled over ... And Jack had the feeling Jaime would be suspended for firing up quicker than Penny ... solely because Penny was quiet but Jaime had a record of visits with the psychologist... That sort of prejudice was stupid in Jack's opinion and he didn't want to see anyone get in trouble. Besides ... he was just as likely to prank Penny.

"I'll take your word about how nice she is."
"She has her reasons Jaime ... trust me ... " he leaned in quiet, for fear of being overheard ... you never could tell who was listening or just who had mutant hearing powers. "Just imagine if your power was to erase other peoples powers ... People tend to push those kinds of people away, not make friends. I think Penny's preemptively putting up walls so she doesn't have to face that kind of rejection." he shrugged and leaned back.
"You know what it's like to have a power and fear what you can do with it sometimes ... right?" Jack presumed Penny had that fear, but ... maybe she didn't and she was just naturally standoffish. Jack however was being honest. He knew his powers could hurt others. He was clumsy and even though he couldn't get hurt, he could easily smash a person with his density when he went "Savage".

"I have come to think of you as a friendly Rival Jack. Our powers are similar. You are harder to hurt, I am a bit faster and have a healing gift. "
Jack smirked at that. He didn't want to make enemies, he was a lover not a fighter, but ... a friendly rival was somewhat amusing. He wasn't immune to his competitive streak and Jaime was a fair competition.
"Oh really? I guess I'll have to stop pulling my punches in training then" he winked.

"I haven't talked so much since the last time I saw the Psychologist. "
"Well, maybe you should talk more ... y'know, if you want to ... I mean I probably talk too much but ... that seems pretty harmless until I say something stupid and totally fuck up but- ... Anyway, my point is, talking too little can make people worry about you y'know. So if something's on your mind, you can talk to me y'know ... just warn me to shut up and listen first, I swear I'm a great listener once I stop talking, trust me!"

Jaime Campos De Vasquez Aka El Toro

"That's why people like you ... You stand up for the little guy" Jack agreed. "But don't put yourself on the firing line too much okay... you could get hurt."

" That's part of the deal isn't it Jack ? Besides, we have a fine doctor here " Jaime smiles at Jack.

"Just imagine if your power was to erase other peoples powers ... People tend to push those kinds of people away, not make friends. I think Penny's preemptively putting up walls so she doesn't have to face that kind of rejection." he shrugged and leaned back.
"You know what it's like to have a power and fear what you can do with it

Jaime takes a deep breath, very briefly going through terrible memories of the gang members he killed in a blind fury after being told what happened to his family. His face became a bit dark.

" Yeah Jack... I've felt that on occasion "

Oh really? I guess I'll have to stop pulling my punches in training then" he winked

Jaime smiled again eagerly pulling himself back from that nightmare.

" Just remember Jack, the best way to learn is to be challenged".

Well, maybe you should talk more ... y'know, if you want to ... I mean I probably talk too much but

Jaime nodded mostly to himself. Having a couple of friends to confide in would likely be a lot easier than trying to continue life like Penny did... bottling everything up inside just waiting for an anger eruption.

" I did some very bad things when my power came out. I ... well lets just say I was very broken and leave it at that. I think you are right though, you and Ansell, easier to have friends and be embarrassed than hold everything in and blow up like an old volcano, right ?"

He seems to take another breath and steady himself.

"Alright, I am going to tell you a little bit Jack. My family died just before my powers came, and I nearly did. Problems with my cousin and a local gang. I was in a coma for a couple of weeks as my power came. When I woke up, I was physically completely healed from near death and 3rd degree burns over most of my body. I Kinda freaked out and well, I went and found the murdering bast... gang members that killed my family Jack. I sometimes have nightmares about it. That's why I see the psychologist buddy. "

Jaime really did feel better about telling someone about it. His regular dour expression seemed lighter. But he was afraid to look over at Jack. He managed after a couple of moments to look over at his schoolmate to check his expression.

@CaptainObvious

Interactions: @Angelic Fusion (Octavia) @Ragamoofin (Ansell)
Outfit: Reference

The way Octavia was acting surprised Tiffany but she didn't complain. She liked having someone around who could match her enthusiasm, it was refreshing. It was no difficult thing to match the other girl's energy and when Octo laughed, Tiffany would let out a guffaw.

IT was chosen as the movie and Tiffany settled down a bit, eager for scary clowns and terrified children. She briefly wondered what would have happened if the kids in the flic were mutants, but figured that it would be pretty boring. It would be over in the first ten minutes when rain coat kid set the clown on fire or whatever. She thought. When Tiffany offered her the gummy bears, she took a few, dumping them in her lap before getting a bunch of pringles. Sweets weren't really her thing unless the sugary 'edge' was taken off. Jamming a chip in her mouth, Tiffany grinned widely as an idea popped into her head and she quickly sandwiched a gummy between two pringles and jammed that into her mouth too. It felt weird, but it was kinda tasty. Turning to Octavia, Tiffany stuck two pringles in her mouth then pretended to be a duck savagely devouring a gummy bear.

The movie watchers were interrupted by a voice behind them and Tiffany turned around to see one of the newer guys. She didn't know him very well but she thought she had seen him outside earlier. "We're watching IT." She said in response to his question. "And we had cereal earlier. If you have 'healthy' food first, then it's okay to eat whatever you want." She said confidently with a smile and shoved another pringle/gummy bear combo in her mouth. "Want some?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ragamoofin
@Gands

"Ansell's pretty clever yknow ... and I'm not just saying that be he said the exact same thing that I said"

At least he wouldn't have to worry about Jaime bottling things ... Jack was about as subtle as a lime-green elephant stampede, but if it helped someone open up, he was glad. He'd had his fair share of emotional moments and he'd been supported through, now it came naturally for him to return the favour in kind. He only hoped he didn't let anyone down in the process.

So far ... so good.

Jack sat in a stunned silence for a few moments after Jaime opened up about his past. Of course he'd wanted Jaime to get things off his chest, hopefully it would make him feel better. That didn't make Jack any more "equipped" to deal with this new information and it really was a lot to take in ... He wasn't jumping to wild conclusions or making suddenly different decisions about how to look at Jaime and behave with him around ... he was just letting it all sink in.
"I'm sorry about your family" he said ... mentally kicking himself. Was that the right thing to say? Ugh probably not, how stupid does that sound? Does it even sound sincere? He did mean it sincerely but, everyone said "sorry for you loss" to the point that it sounded hollow and meaningless even if someone was genuine.
"I ... I can't blame you for going after the gang that hurt you and your family ... if anyone even looked at my maw' in a funny way ... I'd slam them head first through a wall ... and maybe a second wall if they were still conscious ... "
Maybe that didn't help ... or maybe it made Jaime feel a little less guilty that Jack would say he'd hurt the people who hurt his family too ...
"You scared of losing control and hurting your friends instead of hurting the bad guys?" Jack asked, and probably should have let Jaime answer but he didn't ... he leaned against the tree and continued. "Bud ... we all feel that fear, that's why we're here ... You know when I first got my powers ... I was having sex with my boyfriend ... it was my first time ... I broke his arm and four of his ribs ...numbers 3, 4 and 5 on the left side and 7 on his right side. Sometimes I have nightmares about it too ... probably not as bad as yours but ... you aren't alone you know."

Penny had gone to her room and skyped her dad ... A rare show of emotion, one that even Jack wasn't privy too. She'd gone to lengths to keep Jack and her dad in totally separate worlds, although her dad seemed eager to meet Jack (over Skype call at least). He actively encouraged Jack's shenanigans which was part of the reason she desired to keep the two separate.

Although it was against rules to leave campus without signing the register (for health and safety reasons. If there was an accident and everyone had to get to the emergency points, the staff needed to know who was on campus and who wasn't, in case anyone was trapped inside the building or in trouble). Sometimes the staff could refuse to let you go, only if they found it was too dangerous to let students leave. The school wasn't a prison though, and aside from a stern warning and extra chores, there wasn't much they could do to stop someone leaving... Penny didn't bother sign out, she just grabbed her bag and walked out the side gates. Less students loitered there, the main front entrance and the gardens to the rear of the main building were the primary hangout spots. The sides of the mansion were considerably quieter and no one seemed to blink twice or even glance at Penny as she left and headed toward the town which was a reasonable fifteen minute walk away.

Jaime Campos De Vasquez

Jaime sat and listened to Jacks response. The earnestness of his reaction and Jack's own story touched him.

"You know Jack, you and Ansell have accomplished more with me than three years of court ordered psychogist visits. ?"

Jaime had a whistful expression, half wonder and half sadness. One eye managed a tear.

" You know Jack, it turns out the two people in this school that I find easiest to talk to are you and Ansell. I am sorry about your initial experience too. I had a girlfriend, but we didnt get that far before the incident. Afterwords. I was incarcerated so, you know.. She had neither the patience nor the inclination to wait for me. Perhaps we should head inside. At some point i should apologize to Ansell."

@CaptainObvious

◆✰◆eva marie labelle◆✰◆
✰even the most beautiful things can have a deadly side to them✰
HEX CODE
#FF0000
OUTFIT
Click Me!
CODENAME
Wildfire
INTERACTION(S)
NPCs
MENTION(S)
Mostly Everyone
Eva Marie LaBelle a.k.a. Wildfire was just getting her feet wet, ironic, when it came to learning about the school for mutants. She still couldn't believe she was a mutant. After the life and family she was brought up in, she couldn't believe someone like her would have a power. Eva, obvious by her codename, had the power to control and manipulate fire and heat. The redheaded girl never saw something like this in her future, but she was at least happy that she found a place where she oddly could be her true self.

Though she was fairly new, so there weren't many people that knew of her existence. Let alone knew what her power was. But once they heard her codename, saw she wore a lot of red and she was a natural redhead ... it wouldn't take a genius to guess what she could do. Scanning the students behind her large black sunglasses, she fixed her beret and kept walking through the halls. Maybe she'd bump into someone and start up a conversation. Hopefully it would be with someone that wouldn't make her want to stab her eyes with a heated fork. That was a little harsh, but if you knew Eva, you'd know an insult like that was mild compared to her other ones.

As her heels clicked on the beautiful floors, Eva couldn't help but admire the craftsmanship of the mansion. Professor Xavier knew his stuff when it came to beautiful interior design. Eying the place and almost not watching where she was going. Most people just moved out her way. Even when she wasn't trying to be, Eva was pretty intimidating to say the least. She decided to take her phone out of her purse. Seeing that it was at three percent, she stomped the ground. "Shit ... great. Should have charged it last night. Oh well now." Shoving the dying phone back into her purse.

She began to walk again, not watching where she was going as usual. There wasn't nothing more important than herself when it came to Eva. As she walked, she stared down at her nails and looked at her reflection in said nails. This girl was so self-absorbed, that her power should of been super vanity or something of the sort.

Last edited:
@Gands & @Justin
(Please stop letting me write Jack like this x'D he cracks me up with his cavernous mouth xD I regret creating him)

"You know Jack, you and Ansell have accomplished more with me than three years of court ordered psychogist visits. ?"

Jaime had a whistful expression, half wonder and half sadness. One eye managed a tear.

" You know Jack, it turns out the two people in this school that I find easiest to talk to are you and Ansell. I am sorry about your initial experience too. I had a girlfriend, but we didnt get that far before the incident. Afterwords. I was incarcerated so, you know.. She had neither the patience nor the inclination to wait for me. Perhaps we should head inside. At some point i should apologize to Ansell."

"Pfft, that's coz doctors are stuffy adults who have no idea how teenagers brains works." Jack concluded. Granted it probably wasn't a good idea to dissuade Jaime about talking to the psych if he needed it but ... Jack was a big kid himself, of course he didn't quite grasp just how important and helpful stuffy adults could be sometimes when the need arose.

Jack scoffed and waved a hand, Jaime didn't have to apologise for Jack's first failed relationship.
"Don't worry bout it buddy ... and don't feel sad about that chick you had before prison ... Just lookit what they're missing now." Jack could have flexed but ... he had the decency not to.
"Someone who's really really worth it ... well, those types of people stick around ... Those people don't think we're dangerous freaks and then run for the hills."

He got up and dusted himself off, heading inside wasn't a half bad idea.
Walking backwards and chatting idly with Jaime probably wasn't the best idea considering his mutant power wasn't eyes in the back of his head, so naturally he collided with Eva. Fortunately he wasn't in "diamond" skin form, nor was he walking very fast so there was no real harm done.
"Oh woops sorry I totally wasn't looking where I was going." he shrugged with a stupid grin.
"Oh hey I haven't seen you around much, you must be fresh meat right?" he nudged Jaime with his elbow.
"I'm Jack, this is Jaime." he introduced, before adding their power-set which seemed the normal thing to do unless of course it was Jack who was talking ... "He's hot and I'm hard- Oh wait that sounds totally wrong... I mean our powers. Shit-" he glanced between Jaime and Eva but he'd already dug himself a grave at this point.
"He has firepower I have armour skin- Phew, nailed it. So who are you and what do you do?"

Last edited:
Jaime Campos De Vasquez aka El Toro

Jaime again listened to Jack carry on with a smile, managing to forget his bad mood. He saw the collision coming and tried, no really, he had a hand up and pointing and everything, not quite managing a word in edgewise with his talkative new friend.

He smiled again after the collision watching Jack Sputter, holding hands out to help them both up. Again, he had to wait a moment to speak.

"Jaime Campos De Vasquez, pleased to meet you. For the record, ( looking at Jack with an odd grin now ) my powers are plain old super strength with a bit of toughness and s tiny bit of speed and reflexes. "

@CaptainObvious @Justin

Penny had gone to her room and skyped her dad ... A rare show of emotion, one that even Jack wasn't privy too. She'd gone to lengths to keep Jack and her dad in totally separate worlds, although her dad seemed eager to meet Jack (over Skype call at least). He actively encouraged Jack's shenanigans which was part of the reason she desired to keep the two separate.

Although it was against rules to leave campus without signing the register (for health and safety reasons. If there was an accident and everyone had to get to the emergency points, the staff needed to know who was on campus and who wasn't, in case anyone was trapped inside the building or in trouble). Sometimes the staff could refuse to let you go, only if they found it was too dangerous to let students leave. The school wasn't a prison though, and aside from a stern warning and extra chores, there wasn't much they could do to stop someone leaving... Penny didn't bother sign out, she just grabbed her bag and walked out the side gates. Less students loitered there, the main front entrance and the gardens to the rear of the main building were the primary hangout spots. The sides of the mansion were considerably quieter and no one seemed to blink twice or even glance at Penny as she left and headed toward the town which was a reasonable fifteen minute walk away.

giphy.gif

Marvin was wishing for rain, and at the very least, a light sprinkle. The city was weird, the sheer amount of concrete and steel was enough to make him wish to be back at sea. It was almost uncomfortable for a while, walking around and not being able to feel his element surround him, but only find it up above the skyscapers and in the gutters and drains of the streets. He was coping, if that's what it could be called. Things hadn't been going terribly for him, and hey, landing a job out on the docks wasn't too shabby either.

Now, if he could only find where the institute was, then he'd really be in business. How many crimes did he have to stop before he got the attentions of some real mutants? Marvin scoffed as he trudged through a puddle, the surface turning icy for a split second, melting once he was over it.
"Some X-Men," he muttered, "Can't even take care of their own fuckin' city." Ansell was somewhere in the city, and he'd find him, no matter how many crooks he had to put away.

Interactions: @Angelic Fusion (Octavia) @Ragamoofin (Ansell)

The way Octavia was acting surprised Tiffany but she didn't complain. She liked having someone around who could match her enthusiasm, it was refreshing. It was no difficult thing to match the other girl's energy and when Octo laughed, Tiffany would let out a guffaw.

IT was chosen as the movie and Tiffany settled down a bit, eager for scary clowns and terrified children. She briefly wondered what would have happened if the kids in the flic were mutants, but figured that it would be pretty boring. It would be over in the first ten minutes when rain coat kid set the clown on fire or whatever. She thought. When Tiffany offered her the gummy bears, she took a few, dumping them in her lap before getting a bunch of pringles. Sweets weren't really her thing unless the sugary 'edge' was taken off. Jamming a chip in her mouth, Tiffany grinned widely as an idea popped into her head and she quickly sandwiched a gummy between two pringles and jammed that into her mouth too. It felt weird, but it was kinda tasty. Turning to Octavia, Tiffany stuck two pringles in her mouth then pretended to be a duck savagely devouring a gummy bear.

The movie watchers were interrupted by a voice behind them and Tiffany turned around to see one of the newer guys. She didn't know him very well but she thought she had seen him outside earlier. "We're watching IT." She said in response to his question. "And we had cereal earlier. If you have 'healthy' food first, then it's okay to eat whatever you want." She said confidently with a smile and shoved another pringle/gummy bear combo in her mouth. "Want some?"

Nutritionist in him on edge at the sight of the bizarre snack she was eating, Ansell held his mouth tight, an unsure bubble of words behind his teeth. He wanted to say no, obviously, but Ansell realized denying the offer might've been rude. He couldn't do that, he had a reputation to uphold. On the other hand, gummy snacks and chips sounded like a odd mix of sweet and salt, and with the fruit he'd already eaten, Ansell couldn't imagine mixing the flavors.

Eyebrows jumping, Ansell's gaze fell to his bowl and, ah, that was the perfect excuse.

"No, thanks," Ansell declined politely, shaking his head at the snacks, raising his dainty bowl of fruit instead. "Already grabbed something from the kitchen," he explained, and like that, the dilemma was over before it even began. Now, to the reason he'd came to the TV room in the first place.

"It, huh," Ansell repeated, walking around the side of the couch, getting a closer look at the screen. "T-that's great. Real, uh, scary." Ansell gave the snacking girl an inward eyeroll. There went his chance at seeing the Danger Room in action for once.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
◆✰◆eva marie labelle◆✰◆
✰even the most beautiful things can have a deadly side to them✰
HEX CODE
#FF0000
OUTFIT
Click Me!
CODENAME
Wildfire
INTERACTION(S)
Jack & Jamie [ @CaptainObvious | @Gands ]
MENTION(S)
Jack & Jamie [ @CaptainObvious | @Gands ]
Unfortunately, Eva didn't see the man in front of her as she felt his back collide with her front. Luckily they both weren't moving too fast, so no one got seriously injured. Well no one got seriously injured ... just yet. Rolling her eyes behind her shades, Eva looked at the male that had bumped into her all over, and then stared at his handsome friend that came right behind him. "You should really watch where you're going ... silverfish." Smirking at the male's clearly bad dye job. When she heard what his name was and what the cuter male's name was, she gave a small chuckle. "Jack ... and Jamie? Are you like a comedic duo or something worst?"

Pulling off her shades, showing off those dark chocolate eyes that sparkled with red embers just waiting to be be lit with ferocity. She was about to rudely comment some more on both of the males, when Jack opened his loudmouth once again. Did he really just say he was hard and Jamie was ... hot? She could only blink at such foolishness. Boys were truly another species. "What the fu ..." Before she could finish, Jack tried his best to correct himself, which didn't help at all.

When she heard that Jaime had fire power, that made Eva's eyes sparkle with deadly excitement. Was she not the only fire-starter in the bunch? It would be fun to have someone else to learn about her pyrokinesis with. Unfortunately, Jaime decided to speak up and correct Jack. He didn't have fire power ... he was basically another generic superhero with super strength and yada yada ... boring! Folding her arms over her chest, as she looked at both boys. Even though she was severely disappointed to find out that Jaime didn't have actual fire power, she did still find him attractive. It wouldn't hurt to have a strong man by her side. Biting down on her bottom lip as she looked at Jaime, like a five course meal.

Ignoring Jack for a second, before clearing her throat. "Oh ... I can talk now?" Being extremely sarcastic and rude on purpose towards Jack. "Well, my name is Eva Marie LaBelle. Remember that name, you'll see it in lights one day sweetheart." Blowing Jack a kiss and winking at Jaime. Standing back from the two boys, as she was still not soo in control of her powers.

"As for what I can do ... Putting out her right hand, which was free of her shades and purse. Eva closed her eyes as the hall became a little warmer, and a few seconds later, there was a fireball floating in her hand. Opening her eyes, she smirked. "I'm a Pyrokinetic. For you simple people ... that means I can control fire and heat." Putting the fireball out, by crushing it between her fingers.

"Now that introductions are over ... where can a girl get something to eat? I'm starving." Grinning at Jamie. Was she starving for food ... or for attention from the opposite sex? Who truly knew.

Last edited:
Jaime Campos De Vasquez

20120925-pitch-19.jpg

" Well, Miss Eva Marie LaBelle, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. We were just heading to the kitchen. Plenty of... Food... to be had for hungry young ladies! "

Jaime walked with Jack and Eva on a direct path to the kitchen. Personally he usually burned up calories quite quickly. After showing Eva where things were in the kitchen, he fixed himself a plate of tamales and a glass of milk. He'd leave the next part of the conversation to Eva and Jack as his food warmed in the microwave.

@Justin @CaptainObvious

@Ragamoofin (Marvin)

Penny wasn't like some other mutants ... she looked relatively normal. A British goth girl with a typical sour demeanour that befit her age and her appearance. Yeah, she had freaky power-sucking abilities but at least she didn't have extra eyes on her forehead (I love Eye Boy) or a weird fish tail or something. Everyone had heard of the Inhumans "war on mutants" or whatever they called it, but the staff at the Academy insisted if they stayed on campus they'd be safe. The danger was outside, but ... when you were a "normal" looking mutant, why would you have any need to worry? Besides ... the town was relatively quiet. The sun was out and it was a lazy sort of day, not baking hot, but pleasantly warm, and not a sticky damp heat either. After coming from grey-rainey Brighton, the New York sunshine was incredibly pleasant.

She hadn't expected to see a familiar figure wandering the road. So much for getting away scott-free.
"What are you doing here? Why are you following me?" she asked Ansell with a pinch of frustration.
She didn't know it wasn't Ansell of course, but it was someone with the exact same face. She did notice the different outfit and furrowed her brow.
"You didn't honestly think a change of clothes would be a decent disguise did you? Granted it's better than what you were wearing this morning." she grumbled.

"Go back to the Academy Ansell, I don't want to hear a lecture about using my powers responsibly, it was just a joke get over it."

@Gands @Justin Jaime and Eva

. "Jack ... and Jamie? Are you like a comedic duo or something worst?"
Jack slung an arm over Jaime's shoulder casually and leaned on him like a playful older brother.
"Oh we're soooo much more than that." he declared, rolling his eyes for dramatic effect. "Jaime almost started a fight with an electro-kinetic mutant because he just can't contain his burning desire to protect me." he pressed the back of his hand to his forehead in a dramatic mock-fainting gesture.
"Aren't I so lucky to have him? He's just a peach ... That's something Penny would say" Jack sniggered, "She's so British sometimes it's HIGH-larious, can you believe people talk like that? Mind you I've never heard her say peach before ... She did call me a bloody tosser the other day though"

"I'm a Pyrokinetic. For you simple people ... that means I can control fire and heat."

"Well I see that" Jack rolled his eyes a little. He wasn't the brightest tool in the shed sometimes, but even he could tell Eva was a diva ... a DEEEEEVA.
"Alright then Hot Stuff, kitchen it is."

Jaime was the quiet, polite gentleman, picking out some stuff and letting Eva browse the food stores in the kitchen to her hearts content. Jack hopped up, sitting on the edge of the counter (because fuck the rules, that's why), he'd selected a carrot from the vegetable hamper and rather than eat it he occupied himself with twirling it like a baton.

"So whaddya think of the school so far? Posh enough for you Ms Starlet? Or do you hate slumming with us already" Jack smirked, chucking the carrot back into the vegetable basket across the kitchen. Fortunately it landed straight in.

@CaptainObvious ; Penny
original.gif

Sun crawling overhead, clouds doing little to keep the streets shaded, Marvin could only shrug his coat off his shoulders to keep from overheating. His walk was taking longer than he thought, but the docks weren't too much further. Ansell could wait, he did have a life outside of his search.

When the streets started to narrow out, and rhe air got a bit more salty, Marvin knew he was on his way. Now, if only he could grab a bite, that'd be-

"What are you doing here?"

...Huh? Turning before he really understood, Marvin looked from the skyline to - someone. A girl, glaring at him like he'd annoyed her. What was that about? Better question was, what was her problem?

Marvin ignored her. Rolling his eyes, Marvin shoved his hands in his pocket and took a step away. Crazy city, always-

"Why are you following me?"

Marvin spun on his step at once, brow furrowing at the girl who was obviously mistaken. He laughed, finding the idea of him following some random girl kind of funny. It was crazy, but funny. Marvin just shrugged, hands still in his pockets, expression totally lost. "'cuse me, but stalking isn't really m'thing," he cautiously muttered, backing up all the while. "Misplace your specs? Sounds like you're seein' things."

"You didn't honestly think a change of clothes would be a decent disguise did you? Granted it's better than what you were wearing this morning."

Marvin hissed through his teeth, gap between his front ones making the sharp breath into a sharper whistle. He gave a bashful brush to his coat, knocking away what few specs landed in the fur of his collar. "Ouch, now who's the stalker? How'd you even know huh?" This girl was out of it, and pretty rude for someone who came out of nowhere to accuse and insult him.

"Go back to the Academy Ansell, I don't want to hear a lecture about using my powers responsibly, it was just a joke get over it."

Marvin's eyes came to life at the mention of his brother, the realization of the colossal misunderstanding crashing on him like a wave. This girl, an acquaintance of Ansell's, thought he was Ansell. God, they hadn't had something like this since the farm.

Slowly, a smile grew on Marvin's face. Oh, this was just too perfect. Throwing himself into his best impersonation of his brother, Marvin pulled his smile into a pitiful frown.

"You can't just use your powers willy nilly like that, it's not the- it's not the right thing to do," Marvin bemoaned, hands clasped together, careful to keep them to himself. Ansell was always so awkward once he got his powers, he'd only just came into them back then, Marvin wondered if he finally opened back up.

"And I'm not going to lecture you, I just- please, just come back." Coming closer, Marvin gave a suspicious look around, even biting his lip in false anxiety. "It's not safe for us out here," he whispered, barely keeping from snickering. He hoped the girl couldn't tell, this was his one chance into the school. And more importantly, straight to Ansell.

Last edited:
Octavia
@Cosmic Penguin
@Ragamoofin

Watching Tiffany eat the abominable chip Octavia moved to do the same thing. Biting down she coughed once not expecting the taste. When Tiffany stuck the chips in her mouth Octavia began to laugh. Doing the same thing she continued until she heard the approaching footsteps. Eyes darting away from Tiffany and up at the approaching noise she saw a boy standing in the doorway. Eyes fixed on him like an owl watching its prey or predator. Octavia knew who it was, but she didn't know him at all. Like a cat she slinked away slightly at the new presence.

Watching Ansell walk around the couch Octavia got up and sat on the other side of Tiffany. She felt a little rude doing it, but she didn't know who Ansell was, let alone knew him enough to be comfortable sitting next to him. Glancing at Tiffany she wondered if she would say something in her place, since she couldn't explain her anxiety over new individuals. Wiggling into place beside Tiffany she seemed complacent once more. Eyes no longer fixed on Ansell she looked at Tiffany once more. Hand slowly moving it slipped into the bowl. Not taking her eyes off Tiffany she threw it into her mouth before laughing.

• Love
Gideon Star

Gideon Star hadn't expected to find himself in the kitchen as his starting point when he had fallen asleep in his bedroom, but here he was projected into the kitchen and sighing. When his power was uncontrollable astral projection, he couldn't exactly decide where he was going. The insult to injury was that he couldn't eat as a projection, so there was also that. He sighed and stroked his face, wondering where to go from here. After much debating, he headed to the living room and sat on the couch, a little distance from Ansell and closer to Tiffany and Octavia.

" Would anyone mind if I put on the TV to do some show catching up? I feel like I had projected halfway across the house when I tried to watch anything. It's a blessing and a curse," he said, hoping they said yes. He stroked his hand through his hair as he waited.

@Cosmic Penguin @Angelic Fusion @Ragamoofin

Jaime Campos De Vasquez

Jaime was just getting his food out as Jack went into his next biting retort to the fiery young woman Eva Marie LaBelle.

" Play nice you two, I am going to head into the living ......."

Just then Gideon popped into existence right in front of him. Jaime still wasn't used to that and stood there gaping for a moment as Gideon wordlessly walked out of the room."

" Will never get used to that "

" Anyway, I'm heading to the living room folks. Plus, I made pork tamales last night if either of you care for any. "

Jaime went into a cabinet next to Jack to get a t.v. tray, following Gideon into the entertainment room. He found a comfy over stuffed chair on the far side of the room and started to eat his lunch. He gave a smile and a nod to Ansell as he passed.

@CaptainObvious @Ragamoofin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Angelic Fusion @Justin @Cosmic Penguin

Interactions: @Angelic Fusion (Octavia) @Ragamoofin (Ansell) @LuckycoolHawk9 (Gideon)

She would never understand people who were only satisfied with fruit. The food was the most boring thing next to vegetables (potatoes not included) and most of the time, the people who ate them were either boring themselves or just weirdos. Tiffany wondered what this kid was, boring or a weirdo. Judging by how Octavia switched seats immediately when the guy came over--why was he coming over again?--Tiffany would guess the guy was a weirdo. Wait--did he just roll his eyes at It? What kind of person even--This was a Stephen King movie!!

Tiffany pursed her lips. "You're Anvil, right?" She questioned then turned away, irritated by the guy's attitude just in time to see Octavia toss a snack into her mouth. Tiffany laughed and grabbed a gummy bear, tossed it in the air and jerked her head back to catch it like a seal. She then grabbed another and aimed it at Octavia but before she could throw it, another guy entered and sat right next to her on the couch and asked about whether he could catch up on some shows.

Tiffany made an exaggerated gesture at the TV that was already on and playing IT. "Nah. We're watching It. Shoulda gotten here first, Danny Phantom."

Interactions: @Cosmic Penguin ; Tiffany @Angelic Fusion ; Octavia @Gands ; Jaime @CaptainObvious ; Jack @Justin ; Eva

Mentions: @LuckycoolHawk9 ; Gideon

It was hard not to notice Octavia's unease with his being there, and while he might've taken her moving to the opposite side of the other girl to heart, it didn't seem worth getting upset over. Still, his eyes followed her as she made her move, looking to the TV when she turned her attention back to the new girl. Or, perhaps not so new girl. Ansell was sure he'd seen her around, but as for getting her name, he couldn't say he'd bothered to.

Gaze drifting back towards the couch as the girl spoke to him, Ansell gave a quirk of his head at the horribly incorrect attempt at his name. Eyebrow rising in subtle discontent, he stared at the floor, sighing and speaking under his breath.
"It's Ansell, actually." It felt like a waste of breath, the girl didn't seem all that interested, anyway.

Ansell had a decent sense of the room, and it was evident from how the girls were acting that they'd made their claim on the TV for the morning. That, and the two of them didn't care for anyone else to interrupt their movie. That was fair, he guessed. They got there first, they could do what they'd liked with it. However, it seemed like they'd have some competition, with all the new people coming in the room.

In reality, it was only a
very silent man and Jaime. He couldn't pin down just who the ghostly fellow was, but he at least greeted Jaime. It was a short wave, the thin smile he pulled on looking just as forced as ever. "Hey, again," he quietly muttered, watching Jaime take a seat away from the couch.

With so many mutants in the same room, as big as it was, Ansell couldn't help but to feel a little uncomfortable with the possibility of someone touching him. Suddenly aware of his very bare, heavily exposed flesh from his workout clothes, Ansell backed away from the couch, trying his best to hide the nervous energy that had surrounded him all at once.

Gripping his fork, Ansell plunged it into his bowl, startled at the
clunk of metal on ceramic. He was out of fruit, and, perfectly, that was the best excuse to leave the room. And he did, at once. Gone in a flash so swift, one might've thought he'd tapped Tiffany before he fled.

Dash slowing into a more relaxed walk once he was far, far away from the room, Ansell gave a sigh of relief and resignation. Guess he'd have to wait until next time to see the Danger Room session, serves him right for not going immediately to the room. In any case, he was removed from the potentiality of having another power accident, he was sure the staff would like to not have to refurnish another room because of him.

Taking his mind off of the room, and the awkwardness of it all, Ansell set his mind on getting to the kitchen again. At least there wouldn't be a fight to eat, and there was always the option of just going to his room. Pictures, vases and windows guiding him to the kitchen, Ansell couldn't help but to feel a little hot under his nonexistent collar. The hallway was warm compared to the rest of the place, a little too warm, borderline hot.

Kitchen just a turn away, Ansell peeked into the kitchen and, lo and behold, more people. Jack, charismatic as ever, chatting up - who was
that?

A redhead, looking very unimpressed. Ansell didn't know her, he hadn't even seen her before. Tentatively stepping into the room, Ansell gave a brief nod to Jack and a uncertain smile to the redhead.

Marvin was irritating Penny ... not that she had much patience for the freakshow that was the Institute at the best of times ... Ansell was particularly clowny at the best of times (not entirely unlike Jack to be perfectly honest), and Marvin wore his face... Now this Ansell/Marvin was pretending to play dumb and she wasn't in a mood to entertain it.

Both of them had absorption powers of a sort, although there were a few quirks in the execution of their abilities, they certainly had some similarities. She'd sort of wondered what would happen if they had skin to skin contact (eww not like that... Gross!), would she absorb him or would he absorb her or would she turn off both of their powers in some strange feedback loop?

The lecturers were running some simulations in the lab to try figure it out and they'd been advised not to try anything stupid in the mean time. Right now she was tempted to absorb his powers and tell him to sod off just to get rid of him!!!

"You can't just use your powers willy nilly like that, it's not the- it's not the right thing to do," Marvin bemoaned, hands clasped together, careful to keep them to himself.
"I can do what I like. I don't even have to be at the New York institute" she reminded him. As if her accent wasn't evidence enough that she wasn't American, she'd spelled it out for him that the London Academy had space for her and she was here of her own volition.

"And I'm not going to lecture you, I just- please, just come back." Coming closer, Marvin gave a suspicious look around, even biting his lip in false anxiety. "It's not safe for us out here," he whispered, barely keeping from snickering.
"You are lecturing, and I'm going to town, just go back to the Institute." she insisted, gliding past him, she'd push him if she had to, to get away at this point.
Her upper arm brushed against him and ... she felt a static sort of electricity ... She'd sensed Ansell's energy before ... and this ... wasn't him ...
She had to stop and do a double-take.

"Who are you?" she narrowed her eyes as if she would somehow be able to see through the illusion... She Thought about the other students ... were there any shape shifters? Any good ones that could pull this off? No ...
She poised her hand, ready to drain the imposter of his powers, and hopefully enough energy to wear him down before she could get herself hurt. "Why are you pretending to be Ansell?"

He had to be an Inhuman right? they were looking for the Institute so they could attack ... She'd never tested her powers on an Inhuman before, she hoped it would work. Dammit she wished she'd taken her fighting classes more seriously.
"I'm not afraid of the Inhumans. You can scurry back to the Queen of Bad Hair Days and leave me the hell alone."

A chuckle rose from around the street corner before a boy with lizard-like eyes and the faintest shimmer of scaled skin emerged.
"You should be afraid mutants ... and you can tell it to the Queen yourself ..."
Penny looked to Ansell... Marvin ... whoever he was ... (a mutant ... the Inhuman said he's a mutant ...).
"That's illegal... You can't just take mutants, we have rights."
Another Inhuman stepped from the shadows behind Lizard-Boy.
"Your protection is confined to the grounds of your special school, and you are far from home. We're well within our rights to apprehend Mutants who trespass on Inhuman territory."
"You don't own New York"
Penny snapped back hoping and hoping that her power would work on them, just enough for her to take them out and run back to the Institute.

SO much for a quiet shopping trip!

Reactions: Gands