Written Existence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adora stopped when Sylus started advancing on his prey for the night and decided to watch from a safe distance. She was curious as to how this was going to play out but first she had some wallets to obtain. She was unfamiliar with Sylus' eating habits and she didn't want to risk getting blood on whatever money the couple may have on them. That would look really bad if she tried using bloody money to buy herself something to drink. She took a step forward and disappeared into thin air, reappearing behind the couple and quickly pick-pocketed them before returning to her original spot. She almost ran right into another human in the process.

"Whoa!" Adora exclaims, stopping herself. People like her didn't have a sixth sense and relied heavily on their eyes, meaning she couldn't sense the man even at their close proximity. "Sorry, didn't see you there." She digs through the wallets and pulls out the cash, letting the wallets transform into dirt now that they didn't serve a purpose. Adora really wasn't shy about using her powers in front of the human race.

Once that's done and the newly obtained cash is tucked safely away in her pocket, she took some time to examine the man. He looked human enough at least, more human than Sylus did, which wasn't saying much, but there was something off about him. She circled the man trying to figure out what was wrong with him. Her eyebrows furrowed. She then looked him in the eyes, squinting into those twin depths. Seriously, what was up with his guy?

The man almost fell over when the girl appeared in front of him, took some money from a few wallets, and then threw the wallets to the ground as dirt. He watched as the girl began circling him, analyzing him. "Hi," he said to her, "I'm Jasper. Jasper Silverfield. I'm an architect. I live downtown." he said to the strange girl. "Who are you?" he asked her. Hopefully, she wouldn't recognize he wasn't human and blow his cover.

"Jasper Silverfield, architect, downtown?" she repeated, giving him a funny look. What human spoke like that? The ones she spoke to barely gave them her name and yet this guy just gave her his full name, occupation, and a general idea on where he lived all in one go. "What the hell?" she murmured to herself as she stepped back. "Look, I'm no expert on social cues, but no human talks like. if you're going to make an attempt to blend in, tone down the information there, buddy. And don't even try to tell you're human. You don't have the... er... qualifications." She peered into his eyes again, frowning.

Jasper sighed. "Dammit." his cover was blown. He hung his head. Looking back up at the girl, he stared into her eyes. "Yeah, I may not be human, but you can't say you are either. And neither is Slenderman over there, stalking that couple. So, who are you, little miss detective?" he asked, adding a hint of frustration and a slight New York accent.

Sylus ignored Adora as soon as she was out of his sight. His instincts took over completely, his fingertips becoming covered by a material similar to the dark tentacles to form claws. Then he vanished. A chill wind surrounded the couple, for some reason convincing them to get off of the main street and turn down an alley. Maybe it was a weird feeling that they were being followed. Either way, they felt safer in the alley. And that's when Sylus struck. He went for the man first, catching his throat in one tentacle's grasp. The woman tried to run, her scream cut off by another tentacle. His work was quick, concise. Snapped necks, then torn to pieces. Devoured in seconds. Clothes discarded.

He left the alley alone, tentacles hidden once again. He had more control over himself now that he's fed, and he felt terrible. He wasn't hungry, to say the least... That's when he noticed Adora back down the main road, talking with someone. None of his business. He walked across the street and a little closer to the two. Felt safer around people. Strange that the man didn't have the same pull as another human. Probably not, then.

Sena leaned against the crumbling brick wall watching the scene. She knew that something had happened in that alley, but it wasn't in her best interest to go and find out. She had caught a whiff of blood, though, and even though she felt compelled to go out and feed, she stayed put. "Not now." She whispered to herself. Sena wasn't exactly human, but she was obviously more human than the creature that had walked out of the alley. She did indeed dine on human blood, but not for hunger. Sena was a creature that had two different sides, one normal, and one of shadow. She needed blood to stay strong, because if she became weak, her other side would take control. No, she wasn't exactly pure of heart on her lighter side, but at least she didn't feel the urge to cause chaos and destruction. It was hard to keep her other side from taking control. Even when she was in control of her mind, she often felt sudden urges to kill. Even now she felt compelled to approach the creature that was nearing the two people down the road, to see what it was, to see how it could help her. Sena wasn't proud of what she had to do daily, but she needed to end one life to keep from ending more. Or that....creature that was her other half would take control. Sena watched the world through mismatched eyes. One eye was brown, one was blue. But whenever her darker side showed, her blue eye would turn red.

Come on, Sena. Go out and kill. Taste their blood, see their fear. Feed on their fear, Sena.

Indeed, she fed on fear as much as she drank blood. She would terrify her victims before killing them, to pacify her darker side. And as much as Sena hated to admit it, she delighted in seeing the terror in their eyes before dining. Sena suddenly shook her head to clear her mind of thoughts. She then decided. She wanted to see if the creature before her could feel fear. She approached them, and her blue eye briefly flashed red. She smiled, revealing sharp canine fangs. One by one, the streetlights winked out, plunging the sidewalk into darkness.

Jasper was waiting for a response when the lights began to wink out, one by one, causing the surrounding area to fade into darkness. All the better for him. "Never mind, toots. It can wait." he said, and tore away his human cloak, which dissipated in the air like smoke. He true form now revealed, he melted into the shadows, re-appearing behind the... whatever that thing was that was approaching the other two. It smelled of both human and some form of demon, as he could taste hellfire and blood lingering in the air around it. He spoke, but his confident accent was gone, replaced with his natural whisper, soft as the wind. "Who are you...?" he asked. He voice echoed around the mind, mortal or not. As if one was being spoken to by a dream. A deadly dream born of the darkest shadows in your mind, you most sinister thoughts. He was curious about this half-breed, should he call it?

Adora opened her mouth to respond but lost interest in the conversation when the lights began to flicker and then went out all together. She could see though, her sharp eyes not missing a detail as Jasper shift into a shadowy figure and scared the living hell out of her. She yelped and stumbled back, ending up tripping over her own two feet. A-a ghost?! Indeed, Adora was terrified of ghosts and spirits and anything that was supposed to be dead and not have a physical form. Once Jasper was gone, her mind caught up with her and left her confused. Ghosts didn't take on humans forms... did they? She's pulled herself from her thoughts when her eyes detected moment from her peripheral. She looked over at the new creature curiously, more intrigued than anything, especially by her eyes. One brown and one red, but unlike Adora's own eyes that shown like rubies catching the light, this creature's eye seemed rather dark and a little on the demonic side. She righted herself, ignoring Jasper, who was being a creep and stalking the new creature from behind, and held her ground. What business did this creature have here?

Sylus was content and sated, and stepped up next to Adora calmly. He didn't announce his arrival, didn't question the fact that the lights were blinking out in the street, leaving everything in total darkness... He idly wondered how long they would remain blacked out. If it was a while, this street would be excellent hunting grounds until the snow lifted. It looked like it was calming down anyway, snowflakes lazily drifting less frequently than before.
His yellow eyes focused past Adora, to the shadow, to the girl it was behind. More people. Tonight was the night for nasties, apparently. Was it Halloween or something? He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his coat, his tentacle appendages slipping out from beneath the heavy fabric to hang at his back, relaxed. He felt a very slight stirring, and with his mind clouded by recently devouring human flesh, he wondered if the new person was human in any way, and thus, if she tasted good..

A slight bubbling noise came from a small puddle under Sylus' feet, followed by the sound of a male coughing, sputtering up water. "Hey you big oaf, watch where you are stepping! Geez...Can't a guy get some shut-eye in a mysteriously darkened street in the snowfall without a group of people stepping or floating all over him!?" The snow seemed to completely avoid this puddle, and anywhere above it for that matter. As the...puddle spoke, it grew in size slightly, growing a face to 'him' that resembled a vague, general cliche male face. A slightly annoyed cliche male face, for that matter.

Sylus blinked and stepped out of the water, frowning. He hadn't even noticed there being any water that wasn't frozen on this street. His attention must have been divided more than he'd originally thought. Was tonight Halloween and he'd just forgotten?
"My apologies..." He murmured, bowing his head at the face in the water. "I had no idea anyone was sleeping here."
He was definitely starting to feel better, and the snow had all but completely stopped by this point. His tentacles went back to being wrapped around his torso and arms and legs, hiding away where they couldn't be seen. He let out a little breath in relief.

Swiftly, a humanoid form rose up from the water, shaking its head, forming what appears to be hair from the snow. "Nah, 'salright." The watery form looks around at the small group of people, studying them all. "What, is tonight Halloween or something? Haven't seen this diverse of races in a while! Call me whatever, but most call me Floats! How DO you all do?" Floats puts on a smile for the group. "I'm a Water Form, in case you are wondering." Floats was used to all this cold weather, even using it to fashion himself some clothing from the cold. Even if he was used to the weather, he's NOT used to the company.

Adora peels her gaze away from the creature with the interesting eyes towards a another creature as equally as interesting. "Whoa!" she exclaims, grinning brightly. "That's so cool!" She circles the creature much like she did with Jasper and peers through the watery mass at Sylus, giggling out of amusement. "Floats," she repeats, trying out the name. "That's a cool name, Floats. I'm Adora Salvatrix and that pale creature over there is Sylus."

Sylus lifted a hand in greeting after he had been introduced. Adora was very trusting of things. It was unnerving. He was so used to keeping to himself... The only other creature he really knew was Reginald. They had never discussed things like themselves--other creatures. It never came up. They always chatted about the weather, the local fauna.. Anything to get their minds off of how unnatural they were.

"Do all of you live in this town?" he asked suddenly, drawing himself out of his thoughts. There had to be a reason all of them were here. He wasn't from here, of course, but what if they were?

"No not all of us live here...." a female voice sounded from an alley nearby. Out from the shadows stepped a female werewolf.
"I can certainly tell you that I do not live here in town, you would have been able to tell if I did. My name is Reelixa, but you can call me Lex."
Warning_Cry_by_Goldenwolf.jpg

"I live where I go! It's fun, not having to worry about a roof over your head and whatnot. But I've been here for a few years now, just started getting used to it too. Hi there Lex! Nice eyes on ye!" Floats had examined the group close enough to know that- He liked these people. Not like they could hurt him or anything, but hey, it will be a fun time!

Adora straighten and shrug. "Truthfully, I was attracted to this place, and though there's nothing really keeping me here, it'd feel wrong to leave." She looked up at the darkened sky, a cool wind stirring. "Yes... I might not have muvh of a sixth sense, but if there's anything I can sense it's the spiritual energy in an area. Something is riling up the spirits." The alleged soul eater blinked her crimson eyes and looked back at the gathered crowd with a grin. "A she-wolf, yeah? Reelix, what an interesting name for and interesting creature. So much variety tonight." She chuckled and looked back up at the sky. "I should get going. I'm hungry and there's a latte with my name on it."

Last edited:
Reelixa smiled a toothy grin and looked around her. So many different creatures coming together in harmony, there must be some reason but not one of them knew it. She thanked them for their compliments and sat down in the snow, her legs were tired from running to get here.

Sylus rubbed his chin between a few fingers, thoughtfully. Something stirring the energies in the area, drawing creatures here? How many more would show up? He himself hadn't been in this town but for a day or so, but that was no surprise since he moved all across the northern reaches of the country. Anywhere it snows, he reminds himself. His attention was drawn by the female werewolf as she revealed herself, and he nodded politely at her introduction.

"Nice to meet you, Lex."

He thought for a moment, then nodded. Adora was hungry. Not everyone hunted like he did, after all. He tucked his hands in his pockets.

"We could always go find a 24 hour cafe. Do all of you have suitable human...ish... disguises?" He looked around, gaze lingering on the werewolf and the water form. "That way we can eat--or those of you that need actual sustenance can--and maybe discuss our, ah.. being here. In a more comfortable atmosphere than the middle of a snowy street in the center of town in the middle of the night."

He attempted an amused grin, though with his sharp teeth it came out looking predatory, like a shark's smile. He was sure there was somewhere they could go, though, and proceeded to walk a ways to look around.

Lex smiled at the thought of her human disguise. Upon standing she morphed into a beautiful 17 year old girl with stark black hair and tan skin, an Indian. She smiled and said, "I guess this will work eh?" She looked down and noticed that she wasn't exactly dressed, "Oh well I should probably get some clothes on then..."

Status
Not open for further replies.